Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hutch vs Walker (merged)

This makes me happy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Beastmode

Taven Bryan wasn't built like a WR, are you trying to tell us something???

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2022, 03:43 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(05-26-2022, 08:28 AM)Mikey Wrote: Taven Bryan wasn't built like a WR, are you trying to tell us something???

Taven Bryan ran a 4.9 40, and was not half the physical freak that Travon Walker is.

(05-25-2022, 04:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: was that photoshopped ?

It's from the rookie premiere photo shoot.

(05-25-2022, 06:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Hutch is 2 inches taller and 12 pounds lighter. It looks like a lot bigger difference though.

Looks like those extra 12 pounds Travon has is all muscle. Dude looks like an absolute tank compared to Hutchinson in pictures i've seen like the one above.

He is pushing is arms against his body which makes the arms look bigger. The draft is over anyways, we drafted Walker let’s move along with the comparisons. Check back in 3 years then we can see if it was the correct pick or not.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(05-28-2022, 03:40 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 08:28 AM)Mikey Wrote: Taven Bryan wasn't built like a WR, are you trying to tell us something???

Taven Bryan ran a 4.9 40, and was not half the physical freak that Travon Walker is.

(05-25-2022, 04:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: was that photoshopped ?

(05-25-2022, 06:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Hutch is 2 inches taller and 12 pounds lighter. It looks like a lot bigger difference though.

Looks like those extra 12 pounds Travon has is all muscle. Dude looks like an absolute tank compared to Hutchinson in pictures i've seen like the one above.

The two players have different build/structure about them, but these photos don't really tell us anything. 

Trying to discern anything about these players' abilities from staged photo shoot images is as useless as telling us there's no hope for Lawrence moving forward based on his rookie stat line. 

Photographs can be incredibly misleading. Minor changes in lenses and shifts in angles can create a myriad of optical illusions.
Don't believe me? Try internet dating sometime. LOL 

Regardless, I'd wager Walker wears a fitted jacket two sizes bigger than Hutch, and his shoulder width is a big part of the equation. I don't think it is any major factor in which player ultimately turns out to be more effective. Hutch still has enough of a build and size to develop into a premier pass rusher. 

Personally, I tend to see higher upside in Walker and while Hutchinson could end up very good, I'm scared of his upright style when working against OTs and guards.  I'll base all of my opinions on their tape though, not photo shoots.

(05-29-2022, 07:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 03:40 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Taven Bryan ran a 4.9 40, and was not half the physical freak that Travon Walker is.

The two players have different build/structure about them, but these photos don't really tell us anything. 

Trying to discern anything about these players' abilities from staged photo shoot images is as useless as telling us there's no hope for Lawrence moving forward based on his rookie stat line. 

Photographs can be incredibly misleading. Minor changes in lenses and shifts in angles can create a myriad of optical illusions.

Regardless, I'd wager Walker wears a fitted jacket two sizes bigger than Hutch, and his shoulder width is a big part of the equation. I don't think it is any major factor in which player ultimately turns out to be more effective. Hutch still has enough of a build and size to develop into a premier pass rusher. 

Personally, I tend to see higher upside in Walker and while Hutchinson could end up very good, I'm scared of his upright style when working against OTs and guards.  I'll base all of my opinions on their tape though, not photo shoots.

Damn now if only you did that with Trevor maybe you'd have a smart take on his ability.

(05-29-2022, 07:27 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 07:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The two players have different build/structure about them, but these photos don't really tell us anything. 

Damn now if only you did that with Trevor maybe you'd have a smart take on his ability.

LOL

I'm convinced you could spend a week in the film room with Doug Pederson breaking down tape and still have no clue how to evaluate QB play.

(05-29-2022, 07:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 07:27 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Damn now if only you did that with Trevor maybe you'd have a smart take on his ability.

LOL

I'm convinced you could spend a week in the film room with Doug Pederson breaking down tape and still have no clue how to evaluate QB play.

And yet somehow I was probably the only person last off season expecting the type of year we saw out of Trevor, while most of you expected him to be our lord and savior year 1.

(05-29-2022, 07:35 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 07:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

And yet somehow I was probably the only person last off season expecting the type of year we saw out of Trevor, while most of you expected him to be our lord and savior year 1.

You still don't have the faintest clue what you saw Lawrence put on tape last year.

It's sad.

What's your issue dude? You get your panties in a twist about people disagreeing with assessments of trevor yet you'll take any opportunity you can to bring his name up. This thread in no way at all involves him.

(05-29-2022, 07:46 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 07:35 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: And yet somehow I was probably the only person last off season expecting the type of year we saw out of Trevor, while most of you expected him to be our lord and savior year 1.

What's your issue dude? You get your panties in a twist about people disagreeing with assessments of trevor yet you'll take any opportunity you can to bring his name up. This thread in no way at all involves him.

He's married to his take and he has to defend it at every turn in an attempt to exhaust those who remind him just how wrong he is.  But those pictures are pretty cool. Walker is definitely a big human.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This thread has A LOT of flip floppers.

“I love Hutch and the pick has to be him!”

*draft Walker*

“It’s clear that Walker was the guy and the Jags made the right pick.

Only thing we can do is wait and see. My money would be on hutch having the better year but Walker certainly seems to be more of a specimen physically. I personally think the Jags fell for the honey pot, saw his physique and fell in love, while hutch might not wow you with his body bit seems to be the better player. Time will tell all.

I guess that the guys talking about T Walker's lack of production don't remember the year that we drafted Jalen Ramsey. Dude had like 1 interception his entire college career. All the talking heads were saying "yeah the traits are there but his lack of college production really concerns me". We all saw how that turned out. How about we just give this kid a couple years and see what happens? Maybe the traits and ability line up and we have a truly dominant player like Lawrence Taylor. We will see...

(05-29-2022, 07:27 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 07:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The two players have different build/structure about them, but these photos don't really tell us anything. 

behold the excavator, digging furiously in an attempt to escape the hole it's already dug itself into.

this post makes zero sense. Do you consider 17 weeks of football a "photo shoot"? Do you consider what the rest of the team did as good enough to win, and only cite Trevor's performance as the reason why we failed? Come the hell on already.

go back and cite your assertion.

log the posters, log their predictions. I'll be willing to bet that most were accepting that rooks are gonna take some lumps along the way.

Or would that not fit your narrative?

(05-31-2022, 10:18 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 07:35 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: And yet somehow I was probably the only person last off season expecting the type of year we saw out of Trevor, while most of you expected him to be our lord and savior year 1.

go back and cite your assertion.

log the posters, log their predictions. I'll be willing to bet that most were accepting that rooks are gonna take some lumps along the way.

If you blast enough rookie Jags with negative critique, you're gonna be right about some of it. They don't all work out. 

That's all he's got. Imagine taking a victory lap for that. 

Even crazier - imagine trying to prematurely do the same thing for the best QB prospect the franchise has ever seen. 

Sorry - on topic - He LIKES Walker apparently, so maybe we're turning a new page here.

(05-31-2022, 02:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-31-2022, 10:18 AM)Mikey Wrote: go back and cite your assertion.

If you blast enough rookie Jags with negative critique, you're gonna be right about some of it. They don't all work out. 

That's all he's got. Imagine taking a victory lap for that. 

Even crazier - imagine trying to prematurely do the same thing for the best QB prospect the franchise has ever seen. 

Sorry - on topic - He LIKES Walker apparently, so maybe we're turning a new page here.

Correction, he likes Walker's photo. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2022, 01:19 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-30-2022, 06:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This thread has A LOT of flip floppers.

“I love Hutch and the pick has to be him!”

*draft Walker*

“It’s clear that Walker was the guy and the Jags made the right pick.

And it'll probably be Thibs that winds up being who we should have taken lol.