Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian Kirk, Jags newest WR

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-06-2022, 08:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-stats-...-top-the-b

That's pretty good for a guy who's only the 13th highest paid wide receiver in the NFL.

(06-06-2022, 08:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-stats-...-top-the-b
Glad to see you've come around when you were "I absolutely do not want Kirk" before they signed him....

(06-07-2022, 08:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Glad to see you've come around when you were "I absolutely do not want Kirk" before they signed him....

I didn't want to give that type of money to a slot WR, now you you look at some of these contracts given out to WRs after we signed Kirk it doesn't look as bad and how the contract was written.  I wanted ARob but Kirk is a Jag now so he's my guy, I pull for everyone that puts the Jags jersey on.

(06-07-2022, 08:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 08:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Glad to see you've come around when you were "I absolutely do not want Kirk" before they signed him....

I didn't want to give that type of money to a slot WR, now you you look at some of these contracts given out to WRs after we signed Kirk it doesn't look as bad and how the contract was written.  I wanted ARob but Kirk is a Jag now so he's my guy, I pull for everyone that puts the Jags jersey on.

So you are saying you wouldn't give that type of money to Cooper Kupp?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2022, 09:42 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-07-2022, 08:57 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 08:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I didn't want to give that type of money to a slot WR, now you you look at some of these contracts given out to WRs after we signed Kirk it doesn't look as bad and how the contract was written.  I wanted ARob but Kirk is a Jag now so he's my guy, I pull for everyone that puts the Jags jersey on.

So you are saying you wouldn't give that type of money to Cooper Kupp?

Cmon man, Kupp yes, hes an outlier.  He is looking like one of the All time greats.  Kirk is no Kupp.  I wanted a big bodied WR we can put on the outside opposite MJJ.  I think we will see Arnold and Engram lines up on the outside a good bit this year and I think Viska improves under Doug

(06-07-2022, 09:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 08:57 AM)Dimson Wrote: So you are saying you wouldn't give that type of money to Cooper Kupp?

Cmon man, Kupp yes, hes an outlier.  He is looking like one of the All time greats.  Kirk is no Kupp.  I wanted a big bodied WR we can put on the outside opposite MJJ.  I think we will see Arnold and Ingram lines up on the outside a good bit this year and I think Viska improves under Doug

The stigma against slot guys is real. They are on the field like 80-90% of the time. They are really important. They deserve to be paid accordingly.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-07-2022, 09:21 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 09:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cmon man, Kupp yes, hes an outlier.  He is looking like one of the All time greats.  Kirk is no Kupp.  I wanted a big bodied WR we can put on the outside opposite MJJ.  I think we will see Arnold and Ingram lines up on the outside a good bit this year and I think Viska improves under Doug

The stigma against slot guys is real. They are on the field like 80-90% of the time. They are really important. They deserve to be paid accordingly.
So you would be ok if we signed one of the best nickel corners to 20+ mil. per year?

(06-07-2022, 09:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 09:21 AM)Dimson Wrote: The stigma against slot guys is real. They are on the field like 80-90% of the time. They are really important. They deserve to be paid accordingly.
So you would be ok if we signed one of the best nickel corners to 20+ mil. per year?

I might. If he's that good.
I'd also be okay giving a RT top tackle money if he was worth it.
Really any position, except maybe the SAM backer... or most running backs...
Pay the player, not position imo.

(06-07-2022, 09:21 AM)Dimson Wrote: The stigma against slot guys is real. They are on the field like 80-90% of the time. They are really important. They deserve to be paid accordingly.
I think it's funny that you got something against slot players (corner and WR) but would heavily invest in the running back position which is the easiest position to replace.

You don't see a difference in a player that is in the game in reaction to the other team versus a player you choose to put in to dictate the game?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I still find it odd that folks are tripping about 37 mil guaranteed, with a 2 year out, for a receiver that's better than anything we had, in a year when we had crazy cap room.

I don't give a rat's [BLEEP] about that money if he comes in and produces.

If he lays an egg this year or gets hurt early, it'll sting. Until then, I'm fine with the high figure. And if other teams front offices were weak enough to kowtow to agents because of Kirk's deal, that's on them. Not us.

If some clown agent tried to hold me over a barrel because of that deal, I'd offer them the same terms of guaranteed vs incentives and a two year team-friendly out clause. Most of them would never even consider it.

That narrative of Kirk's deal altering the market is either total horse [BLEEP], or front offices have become horrible negotiators.

(06-07-2022, 10:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 09:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you would be ok if we signed one of the best nickel corners to 20+ mil. per year?
I think it's funny that you got something against slot players (corner and WR) but would heavily invest in the running back position which is the easiest position to replace.

When did I say I want to heavily invest in the RB position?  Lol.

(06-07-2022, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 10:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think it's funny that you got something against slot players (corner and WR) but would heavily invest in the running back position which is the easiest position to replace.

No denying it now.

(06-07-2022, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 10:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think it's funny that you got something against slot players (corner and WR) but would heavily invest in the running back position which is the easiest position to replace.

Didn't you love the ETN pick? And you wanted them to draft another RB in round 3 this season?

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2022, 01:30 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-07-2022, 01:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When did I say I want to heavily invest in the RB position?  Lol.
Didn't you love the ETN pick? And you wanted them to draft another RB in round 3 this season?

Love?  No, I wanted Barmore and Elijah Moore.  Where did I say I wanted us to go RB in the 3rd? Lol. I said I wanted to go BPA.  Have you already forgotten what my draft strategy has been and we have discussed it over and over year after year.  If the BPA was a RB I would of taken one unless they thought Etienne and JRob would be 100% and whoever wouldn't see the field. I was hoping Metchie or McBride would fall to the 3rd but I didn't think they would and they didnt

(06-07-2022, 12:30 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When did I say I want to heavily invest in the RB position?  Lol.

No denying it now.

True lol

(06-07-2022, 01:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 01:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Didn't you love the ETN pick? And you wanted them to draft another RB in round 3 this season?

Love?  No, I wanted Barmore and Elijah Moore.  Where did I say I wanted us to go RB in the 3rd? Lol. I said I wanted to go BPA.  Have you already forgotten what my draft strategy has been and we have discussed it over and over year after year.  If the BPA was a RB I would of taken one unless they thought Etienne and JRob would be 100% and whoever wouldn't see the field.  I was hoping Metchie or McBride would fall to the 3rd but I didn't think they would and they didnt

(06-07-2022, 12:30 PM)scottyg Wrote: No denying it now.

True lol
I seem to remember you saying "If Brian Robinson is there in round 3, Jags should take him."

I'm not going to spend my time going back through all your old posts either lol

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2022, 03:08 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(06-07-2022, 01:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 01:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Love?  No, I wanted Barmore and Elijah Moore.  Where did I say I wanted us to go RB in the 3rd? Lol. I said I wanted to go BPA.  Have you already forgotten what my draft strategy has been and we have discussed it over and over year after year.  If the BPA was a RB I would of taken one unless they thought Etienne and JRob would be 100% and whoever wouldn't see the field.  I was hoping Metchie or McBride would fall to the 3rd but I didn't think they would and they didnt

True lol
I seem to remember you saying "If Brian Robinson is there in round 3, Jags should take him."

I'm not going to spend my time going back through all your old posts either lol

If he was their BPA and they didn't think JRob and Etienne could come back 100%, i just told you who i was hoping would fall to the 3rd.  Would I take Derrick Henry over Kirk?  Absolutely

LOL

I'm sure this is our fault too
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...E9T5SJf8kg

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 07:00 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kirk's deal looking better and better as time passes. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/jagu...kupp-adams

A lot of people said we way overpaid for Kirk, but subsequent events have proven that that is not true.