Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(07-18-2022, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 11:17 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: What am I reaching? That team wasn't good. I'm not comparing it to the absolute dumpster fire we fielded last year, i'm just pointing out that Watson was immediately impressive. You could tell he had it almost immediately as he stepped onto the field.
You're reaching to try to make Lawrence look bad by comparing his rookie year to Watsons.

That Texans team wasn't bad.... They went 9-7 and made the playoffs. That's called "a good team". So when Watson goes to a playoff team, I would assume his play would be better because.... shocker.... The team is better. Lawrence joined the worst team in the league with the worst HC and.... shocker.... they were bad. There is almost no precedent to the season Lawrence had. The only one that comes close is Troy Aikman. A team that was the worst in the league and then hired a rookie college coach and.... another shocker... the Cowboys were bad!

The Texans won the [BLEEP] division the year before they traded up to draft Watson. And they did that with a QB room of Weeden, Osweiler, and Savage. But that's a "bad team" to this guy. Why do we bother?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-18-2022, 12:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You're reaching to try to make Lawrence look bad by comparing his rookie year to Watsons.

That Texans team wasn't bad.... They went 9-7 and made the playoffs. That's called "a good team". So when Watson goes to a playoff team, I would assume his play would be better because.... shocker.... The team is better. Lawrence joined the worst team in the league with the worst HC and.... shocker.... they were bad. There is almost no precedent to the season Lawrence had. The only one that comes close is Troy Aikman. A team that was the worst in the league and then hired a rookie college coach and.... another shocker... the Cowboys were bad!

The Texans won the [BLEEP] division the year before they traded up to draft Watson. And they did that with a QB room of Weeden, Osweiler, and Savage. But that's a "bad team" to this guy. Why do we bother?

I've been asking myself the same question the last few months, beating a dead horse....
In Dougie I Trust!

(07-18-2022, 12:38 PM)Hurricane Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 12:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The Texans won the [BLEEP] division the year before they traded up to draft Watson. And they did that with a QB room of Weeden, Osweiler, and Savage. But that's a "bad team" to this guy. Why do we bother?

I've been asking myself the same question the last few months, beating a dead horse....

He keeps posting the same garbage over and over after multiple pages of this very thread have debunked that trash multiple times  - as if he hasn't been shown the severe flaws in his "analysis" repeatedly. 

Give it a few days and he'll do a backpedal post and hedge his bets both ways for the 5th time. LOL

I'm done repeating myself on that one.

(11-14-2021, 06:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I remember seeing post like this about Gabbert/Blake in their rookie seasons aswell.

Same ignorant posters defending the golden boy like he's a perfect god sent down from football heaven. If he turns out good, that's great. But some of us expected it to be a rough transition and were just laughed at. He has to prove he's worth it now, and as of now he's done nothing to show promise since entering the league.

I call BS, you don't actually remember this. You are guessing it happened.  LOL  Making up as I go along...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2022, 05:37 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-18-2022, 08:25 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 06:41 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I had that feeling as well. Where we differ, is that I attributed that gap in class as him playing in the PAC more than I did him being purely NFL ready(in hindsight I realize he was). The same argument can be made about TL because he played in the ACC but I think with Clemson always being in either the playoff or all the way to the National Championship game against a top team gave me more of a feel for him against top comp. 

I’m not going to argue that he didn’t have inconsistencies last season but those are not things that stood out to me while he was at Clemson. I think that is why I have a easier time writing some(not all) of those faults off as falling more on his supporting cast and the situation he as in last year than on his game.

When I saw him play in college, it always seemed like if he had a decent crew around him he would flourish and his team was one of the best in the country.

(07-18-2022, 06:54 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: You must watch a lot of college football. How many hours a week would you estimate you spend pouring over game film?

I don't typically watch college football casually. There is a website where you can watch all of a players snaps from whatever game you want, in a short video. Realisticly you could go back and watch every pass Lawrence made in college in less than an hour there. Ironically enough I think the first time I found this website was the year Andrew Luck came out. But that's where I form my opinions on college prospects.

(07-18-2022, 06:41 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I had that feeling as well. Where we differ, is that I attributed that gap in class as him playing in the PAC more than I did him being purely NFL ready(in hindsight I realize he was). The same argument can be made about TL because he played in the ACC but I think with Clemson always being in either the playoff or all the way to the National Championship game against a top team gave me more of a feel for him against top comp. 

I’m not going to argue that he didn’t have inconsistencies last season but those are not things that stood out to me while he was at Clemson. I think that is why I have a easier time writing some(not all) of those faults off as falling more on his supporting cast and the situation he as in last year than on his game.

When I saw him play in college, it always seemed like if he had a decent crew around him he would flourish and his team was one of the best in the country.

That Clemson team was just as good before he got there with Watson. Infact Watson and Lawrence had very similar numbers/success/production. Makes you wonder why Watson wasn't considered a generational talent, I mean he came in his rookie year on a bad Texans team and looked pretty damn good from the start. 19 Tds 8 ints in only 6 starts his rookie year. 7 more touchdown passes in 11 less starts than Lawrence. That's wild.

So two other people asked and you so conveniently ignored them, so I'll ask again...

What's this so called website?

I also highly doubt you can watch 1140 attempts/plays in less than a hour.

Here’s every play from TL’s senior season. Two hours and twelve minutes.

https://youtu.be/UHcYnE48cW8

(07-18-2022, 07:20 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Here’s every play from TL’s senior season.  Two hours and twelve minutes.

It's two hours and twelve minutes because it's showing replays and other fluff. It's not back to back plays with no downtime. but as others would say.. keep reaching.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2022, 12:36 AM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-18-2022, 10:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 07:20 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Here’s every play from TL’s senior season.  Two hours and twelve minutes.

It's two hours and twelve minutes because it's showing replays and other fluff. It's not back to back plays with no downtime. but as others would say.. keep reaching.

Yet you continue to ignore/provide this so called website that seems to magically show it all.

You're clueless and all you do is talk out of your [BLEEP].

This thread is still going?

(07-19-2022, 03:08 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: This thread is still going?

When good trolling meets righteous indignation.

(07-19-2022, 06:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

When good trolling meets righteous indignation.

That sums it up perfectly.

Wouldn't it be easier to simply provide a link?  It sounds like you are calling yourself out for being full of it instead.  Is there something else we can look at or not?

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2022, 07:35 PM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Heh.   I'm actually on the "TL is likely to bust, unfortunately," side of the argument.  I was demonstrating content as you suggest is readily available.

(07-19-2022, 07:34 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 10:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: It's two hours and twelve minutes because it's showing replays and other fluff. It's not back to back plays with no downtime. but as others would say.. keep reaching.

Heh.   I'm actually on the "TL is likely to bust, unfortunately," side of the argument.  I was demonstrating content as you suggest is readily available.

So do y'all see the characteristics and traits you want from Bama's Bryce Young, Ohio St's CJ Stroud, or Kentucky's Will Levis?

(07-19-2022, 08:17 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 10:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: It's two hours and twelve minutes because it's showing replays and other fluff. It's not back to back plays with no downtime. but as others would say.. keep reaching.

(07-19-2022, 07:34 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Heh.   I'm actually on the "TL is likely to bust, unfortunately," side of the argument.  I was demonstrating content as you suggest is readily available.

So do y'all see the characteristics and traits you want from Bama's Bryce Young, Ohio St's CJ Stroud, or Kentucky's Will Levis?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76112c067b9c15cfdfa662...y.gif&ct=g]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-19-2022, 08:17 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

(07-19-2022, 07:34 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Heh.   I'm actually on the "TL is likely to bust, unfortunately," side of the argument.  I was demonstrating content as you suggest is readily available.

I have not watched much on any of them, at least not enough to give any sort of realistic opinion.

(07-20-2022, 04:55 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 08:17 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So do y'all see the characteristics and traits you want from Bama's Bryce Young, Ohio St's CJ Stroud, or Kentucky's Will Levis?

I have not watched much on any of them, at least not enough to give any sort of realistic opinion.

To shocking part isn't that you don't know, but that you'll actually admit it in some cases.

It's going to be retitled to "Let's talk about...."

(07-19-2022, 08:17 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So do y'all see the characteristics and traits you want from Bama's Bryce Young, Ohio St's CJ Stroud, or Kentucky's Will Levis?

But if the Jags will be drafting one of them next year, they can't make the same mistake they did with drafting Lawrence?

Better start your homework

You compared the Jags Lawrence draft selection to the Cardinals taking Josh Rosen, then taking Kyler Murray to fix the mistake in another thread. 

You also said you never liked Rosen in college. You've reminded us repeatedly how many bad traits Lawrence displayed in college.

Sounds like you need to tell us which QB to draft next year.