Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(07-20-2022, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 04:55 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I have not watched much on any of them, at least not enough to give any sort of realistic opinion.

Better start your homework

You compared the Jags Lawrence draft selection to the Cardinals taking Josh Rosen, then taking Kyler Murray to fix the mistake in another thread. 

You also said you never liked Rosen in college. You've reminded us repeatedly how many bad traits Lawrence displayed in college.

Sounds like you need to tell us which QB to draft next year.

I'm sure he'll find some time to fit in a few hours to become an expert on all of the prospects via his super secret clip site by the time the next draft comes around.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2022, 01:58 AM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-21-2022, 12:51 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/fboutsiders/status/1...6227433473

One of these things is not like the others:

Brady: 5,916 yards, 67.2% completions, 46 TD, 13 INT [279 yards dropped, 4.7% of total yards]

Allen: 5,044 yards, 64.5% comp, 45 TD, 15 INT [272 yards dropped, 5.4% of total yards]

Lawrence: 3,641 yards, 59.6% comp, 12 TD, 17 INT [292 yards dropped, 8% of total yards]

The only QB with more INTs was Stafford who had 20.  He also had 50 TDs and a Super Bowl championship last season so I don't think we'll hold those three errant tosses against him.

(07-21-2022, 01:57 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 12:51 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/fboutsiders/status/1...6227433473

Brady: 5,916 yards, 67.2% completions, 46 TD, 13 INT [279 yards dropped, 4.7% of total yards]

Allen: 5,044 yards, 64.5% comp, 45 TD, 15 INT [272 yards dropped, 5.4% of total yards]

Lawrence: 3,641 yards, 59.6% comp, 12 TD, 17 INT [292 yards dropped, 8% of total yards]

The only QB with more INTs was Stafford who had 20.  He also had 50 TDs and a Super Bowl championship last season so I don't think we'll hold those three errant tosses against him.

You're absolutely right, one of these things is not like the others...

One of them was a 21 year old rookie who was thrown onto a team with arguably the least amount of talent in the entire league, who just so happened to also have the worst HC in NFL history.

While the others, yea it's pretty obvious their years of experience, talent around them and extra games in the playoffs would only add to their numbers. Really not sure why you're including their post season numbers into an obvious regular season stat though.

Also, you do realize Stafford threw for 53%, 20 INTs and 13 TDs as a rookie. Allen threw for 53%, 12 INT and 10 TD as rookie. Imagine that, who could have thought.

If your point is that Trevor's situation was much worse and he wasn't helped at all then it's nice that you're catching on.

Brady didn’t have 6K passing yards lol

(07-21-2022, 06:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Brady didn’t have 6K passing yards lol

He had almost 800 in the playoffs.

What's weird is looking at his two seasons in Tampa he had more yards and TDs last year with the same number of Ints and his QBR was lower than 2020.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-21-2022, 07:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 06:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Brady didn’t have 6K passing yards lol

He had almost 800 in the playoffs.

What's weird is looking at his two seasons in Tampa he had more yards and TDs last year with the same number of Ints and his QBR was lower than 2020.
Oh. We are including playoffs?

Anything to make Trevor look bad I guess.

(07-21-2022, 07:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 07:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He had almost 800 in the playoffs.

Oh. We are including playoffs?

Anything to make Trevor look bad I guess.

You got it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

...apples to fire engines. compare him to the other rooks, and you may lend your critique some credibility. Those other QB are on teams built for postseason runs with veteran offensive leadership while we had no sense of direction from the day we announced our HC hire. So yeah, one of these things certainly isn't like the others.

I didn’t introduce the comparison of TL to Brady and Allen. @Eric1 did. If we’re going to compare then we compare the overwhelming warts in addition to the couple of stats that which look favourable in isolation.

If you want to compare rookie years then that’s fine with me. But @Eric1 didn’t. So make up your minds.

(07-21-2022, 08:09 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: I didn’t introduce the comparison of TL to Brady and Allen.  @Eric1 did.  If we’re going to compare then we compare the overwhelming warts in addition to the couple of stats that which look favourable in isolation.

If you want to compare rookie years then that’s fine with me.  But @Eric1 didn’t.  So make up your minds.

[BLEEP] off

After reading all this dribble and consulting a super secret web site I have concluded ... What happened last year means doodaly squat. They report Sunday and are on the field Monday. August 4th can't get here fast enough.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(07-21-2022, 08:09 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: I didn’t introduce the comparison of TL to Brady and Allen.  @Eric1 did.  If we’re going to compare then we compare the overwhelming warts in addition to the couple of stats that which look favourable in isolation.

If you want to compare rookie years then that’s fine with me.  But @Eric1 didn’t.  So make up your minds.

All I did was post a tweet, I didn't compare anybody. That's on you for comparing them. Spin away though.

(07-21-2022, 11:53 PM)Jag149 Wrote: After reading all this dribble and consulting a super secret web site  I have concluded ... What happened last year means doodaly squat. They report Sunday and are on the field Monday. August 4th can't get here fast enough.

Definitely. As of now we have a handful of posters who are determined to show that Trevor is(going o be) a bust and a handful others that blame all his problems on receivers or previous coaches. 

Most of us are in the camp where we understand Trevor was bad last year, are a bit concerned but ultimately believe that Pederson and the other coaches will be able to fix the issues. 

I expect Trevor to be significantly better this season. If he's not then let's have that discussion then. I kind of think some people want to be first to declare Trevor a bust...

I can't wait for the pre-season to begin.

(07-20-2022, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 04:55 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I have not watched much on any of them, at least not enough to give any sort of realistic opinion.

Better start your homework

You compared the Jags Lawrence draft selection to the Cardinals taking Josh Rosen, then taking Kyler Murray to fix the mistake in another thread. 

You also said you never liked Rosen in college. You've reminded us repeatedly how many bad traits Lawrence displayed in college.

Are you mistaking me for someone else? Someone else compared Rosen to Lawrence, what i said was that if i were the gm i would take the cardinals approach, meaning that i wouldnt wait 3-4 years to let a guy drafted highly develop at the cost of passing up on more talented players while the guy we have shows no promise whatsoever. This wasnt me saying lawrence=rosen it was me replying to a thread that asked if we should take a qb next year at 1 if we have the first pick again and all i said was that if lawrence plays the same way as he did last year i would absolutely look at replacing him at 1. Ive still not called lawrence a bust or that hes likely to bust, ive said this so many times recently that im sick of saying it. My sole issue with him was the absurd hype surrounding him, he was no better of a prospect than justin herbet or deshaun watson coming out.. i still think he will eventually be a good qb i just dont see the same traits in him that i see in the guys he was being compared to… and my issue with his rookie season was that his downsides that i saw in college seem to get worse with no visible improvement throughout his rookie season.

(07-22-2022, 12:39 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

All I did was post a tweet, I didn't compare anybody. That's on you for comparing them. Spin away though.

Correct. It was a tweet that simply listed two stats, drops and the amount of yardage those drops would have been were they catches. That oz felt compelled to denigrate Trevor is telling.

As you can see, I don’t post much but I can’t take it anymore. This thread has devolved to likely the most stupid of all time. Trevor Lawrence is a 22 year old, immensely talented, SECOND year QB who we are fortunate to have on this improving roster. Some of you guys are so negative it’s hard to believe how you live through the day. Original season ticket holder and Jags fan forever. Excuse me while I go back into my cave.?

(07-22-2022, 07:52 AM)bobbycat Wrote: As you can see, I don’t post much but I can’t take it anymore. This thread has devolved to likely the most stupid of all time. Trevor Lawrence is a 22 year old, immensely talented, SECOND year QB who we are fortunate to have on this improving roster. Some of you guys are so negative it’s hard to believe how you live through the day. Original season ticket holder and Jags fan forever. Excuse me while I go back into my cave.?

He gets it ^

(07-22-2022, 05:38 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Better start your homework

Are you mistaking me for someone else? Someone else compared Rosen to Lawrence, what i said was that if i were the gm i would take the cardinals approach, meaning that i wouldnt wait 3-4 years to let a guy drafted highly develop at the cost of passing up on more talented players while the guy we have shows no promise whatsoever. This wasnt me saying lawrence=rosen it was me replying to a thread that asked if we should take a qb next year at 1 if we have the first pick again and all i said was that if lawrence plays the same way as he did last year i would absolutely look at replacing him at 1. Ive still not called lawrence a bust or that hes likely to bust, ive said this so many times recently that im sick of saying it. My sole issue with him was the absurd hype surrounding him, he was no better of a prospect than justin herbet or deshaun watson coming out.. i still think he will eventually be a good qb i just dont see the same traits in him that i see in the guys he was being compared to… and my issue with his rookie season was that his downsides that i saw in college seem to get worse with no visible improvement throughout his rookie season.

Shying away from your own words again, huh?

It was 100% you that made the comp

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1468937