Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Etienne and Robinson Injury Update

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2022, 11:53 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-26-2022, 11:42 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 10:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It's pretty astounding that he's only making roughly 900k this season.  

Think about this one though.  As a college grad, if he were to hit the corp. workforce at $60,000 per year with 3% annual increases, it would take him 13 years to make that $900k.  At the end of this year, he will have likely made more $$$ than most people will make in their entire lifetime.  Not bad for a Undrafted Free Agent.

Well, yeah, sure, comparing it to regular people. My greater point was how much less he's making than a bunch of backup scrubs who were paid on potential, and most likely will never see the field. Robinson already has excellent tangible results, but he may never monitize them to their full value.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-26-2022, 11:24 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 10:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It's pretty astounding that he's only making roughly 900k this season.  We have 3rd level reserves, and future roster cuts that are contracted to make more.  Unfortunate timing for his injury, cause now we have injury cause to undervalue him when he's up for his 2nd contract, even if he manages to have a great season. 

In general, our RB room is full of uncertainty.  Coming back from achilles and lisfranc is tough.  And, IMHO, Etienne is not going to be the answer at RB.  He's too small, he's going to get snapped like a twig eventually, as the carries pile up.  Seems like a good guy, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it.

Isn't he the same size as Austin Ekeler and Alvin Kamara?

Bigger than Ekeler, but same size as Kamara. Both are 5'10 215 . I wouldn't really call that small.

He isn't the type of RB you line up and slam in between the tackles 20-25 times a game anyways. That's what JRob and Snoop are for.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2022, 05:05 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-26-2022, 03:33 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: James Robinson running brings me joy, still my favorite player on this team.

He brings you joy?   just sounds kind of strange.  in any event, he didn't make the Top 100 List within the link below.

https://www.wisebread.com/100-small-thin...ng-you-joy

Going to be the best RB combo by the end of the year

If we can get these guys going, it will completely change our offense. Remember how good Freddy and MJD made Garrard look?

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2022, 09:15 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-30-2022, 10:48 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: If we can get these guys going, it will completely change our offense. Remember how good Freddy and MJD made Garrard look?

Not sure if either will be as good as those guys in there prime.  But I think they will rival when Fred and MJD were together.  Fred's prime was before MJD got there even though he got his only Pro Bowl when MJD was there and was still great and MJDs prime was after Fred left although was great his first couple years.

James Robinson #25 looking like he's ready to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG-iH0_VPNo

https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1554...-closer%2F

Robinson running routes during team practice. Let's hope that he'll be active day one.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-01-2022, 02:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: James Robinson #25 looking like he's ready to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG-iH0_VPNo

J Rob is looking pretty healthy. I can't wait to see him on the playing field.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-18-2022, 12:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...8AH1y4mrtw

Sounds like he’s a little distrustful of his Achilles still and that’s perfectly understandable. It’s a significant and potentially career ending injury that he doesn’t want to aggravate. It’s going to take a while before he feels fully confident.

(08-18-2022, 12:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...8AH1y4mrtw

here's the full
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...3341110273

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 03:21 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-25-2022, 01:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/15628...kF9FbDFXbw

Nice touchdown signal by the ref....LOL.

Do referees have training camps as well? Asking seriously.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Nice little article/story on JRob
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...9314569221

(07-26-2022, 11:42 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 10:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It's pretty astounding that he's only making roughly 900k this season.  

Think about this one though.  As a college grad, if he were to hit the corp. workforce at $60,000 per year with 3% annual increases, it would take him 13 years to make that $900k.  At the end of this year, he will have likely made more $$$ than most people will make in their entire lifetime.  Not bad for a Undrafted Free Agent.

He’ll be taxed at a much higher rate though.  People forget especially on these astronomical  deals that get announced for some guys how much of it is going to wind up going to Uncle Sam.

(08-25-2022, 11:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 11:42 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Think about this one though.  As a college grad, if he were to hit the corp. workforce at $60,000 per year with 3% annual increases, it would take him 13 years to make that $900k.  At the end of this year, he will have likely made more $$$ than most people will make in their entire lifetime.  Not bad for a Undrafted Free Agent.

He’ll be taxed at a much higher rate though.  People forget especially on these astronomical  deals that get announced for some guys how much of it is going to wind up going to Uncle Sam.

And pays an agent, probably a lawyer on retainer, likely an accountant. And then every cousin, half sister, and ex baby mama that comes out of the wood work for a hand out

(08-25-2022, 11:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 11:42 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Think about this one though.  As a college grad, if he were to hit the corp. workforce at $60,000 per year with 3% annual increases, it would take him 13 years to make that $900k.  At the end of this year, he will have likely made more $$$ than most people will make in their entire lifetime.  Not bad for a Undrafted Free Agent.

I certainly hope this was a failed attempt at sarcasm.

I'll do my darnedest to try and shed a tear for our high-earning citizens, but I can't make any promises.

(08-26-2022, 11:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 11:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: He’ll be taxed at a much higher rate though.  People forget especially on these astronomical  deals that get announced for some guys how much of it is going to wind up going to Uncle Sam.

I certainly hope this was a failed attempt at sarcasm.

I'll do my darnedest to try and shed a tear for our high-earning citizens, but I can't make any promises.

You seem to wear your lack of empathy like a badge of honor.  Strange.  It takes all sorts, I guess.