Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 11:20 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

When you go to a new doctor and you have to fill out ‘new patient forms’ when all of the information it already in your medical records have been sent to them by the referring physician.

Edit: And while we’re at it, the number of doctors that still use physical paperwork…when the first thing they’re going to do is copy it into their system.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-16-2022, 11:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote: When you go to a new doctor and you have to fill out ‘new patient forms’ when all of the information it already in your medical records have been sent to them by the referring physician.

Edit: And while we’re at it, the number of doctors that still use physical paperwork…when the first thing they’re going to do is copy it into their system.

I’m torn between the paperwork and the iPad.  The thought of touching that nasty tablet and in the same spots as hundreds of other people or the clipboard.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 06:45 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

As mentioned before, I find it annoying when I see home owners clear their drive/park in the street, then pull out every lawn equipment they have and put it in the driveway before mowing their lawn.  There is a guy very close to me that does that and his lawn isn’t cut.  No doubt he’ll get to it tomorrow.  I didn’t get a chance to mow my lawn today.  I kinda feel like being an [BLEEP].  I keep one trailer in my garage.  I’m wondering if I should move my trucks and the wives vehicle to the street and move a mower,trimmer, edger and blower in the driveway.  Wait for what’s his nuts to start his lawn.  Then kick his [BLEEP] in doing our respective chores. I know it’ll only take me 20-30 minutes solo full service.  Even spraying the weeds. I just can’t find it in me to clear the driveway.  But I will wait for that jackass to start mowing before I do.

He happens to be an HOA board member.  Maybe that makes more sense in my [BLEEP]

My golf game. Specifically, approach shots. Before I talked about how my driver was inconsistent and I've figured out that I wasn't getting enough hip turn. Now my driver is becoming mo' betta. But for the last few times I've played, my approach shots are going left and right. (sobbing) I can't hit the green. I've forgotten what it feels like to walk up to the green holding just a putter. Nooo. I have a wedge and a putter every. single. time. Today it came to an angry, profanity filled rant when I hit a beautiful drive on a rope right down the center. 125 yards out I was sure I could finally put one on the stamp. I made beautiful ball contact, nice divot then look up to see I had pushed it and it landed pin high just to the right of the green. I went into a meltdown Yosemite Sam would be proud of. Then I became angrier because I allowed my anger to ruin my last two holes by not even being able to hit a straight drive, which made me even angrier. I drove home with a dark cloud hanging over my head. I hate golf right now, but tomorrow is another day.

(09-16-2022, 08:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My golf game. Specifically, approach shots. Before I talked about how my driver was inconsistent and I've figured out that I wasn't getting enough hip turn. Now my driver is becoming mo' betta. But for the last few times I've played, my approach shots are going left and right. (sobbing) I can't hit the green. I've forgotten what it feels like to walk up to the green holding just a putter. Nooo. I have a wedge and a putter every. single. time. Today it came to an angry, profanity filled rant when I hit a beautiful drive on a rope right down the center. 125 yards out I was sure I could finally put one on the stamp. I made beautiful ball contact, nice divot then look up to see I had pushed it and it landed pin high just to the right of the green. I went into a meltdown Yosemite Sam would be proud of. Then I became angrier because I allowed my anger to ruin my last two holes by not even being able to hit a straight drive, which made me even angrier. I drove home with a dark cloud hanging over my head. I hate golf right now, but tomorrow is another day.

In the poker world, we’d call that tilt.  But, I must confess, hearing you get pissed off on the course somehow makes me laugh.  I’m sorry you had a bad day at the course.   I really am.  You just seem so even keeled.  So to hear you’re spouting expletives on the course ( something that is a also a gentleman’s game) makes me feel more normal.  Thanks for that!  Best of luck to ya on your next round. Next time just R-E-L-A-X!

(09-16-2022, 09:28 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 08:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My golf game. Specifically, approach shots. Before I talked about how my driver was inconsistent and I've figured out that I wasn't getting enough hip turn. Now my driver is becoming mo' betta. But for the last few times I've played, my approach shots are going left and right. (sobbing) I can't hit the green. I've forgotten what it feels like to walk up to the green holding just a putter. Nooo. I have a wedge and a putter every. single. time. Today it came to an angry, profanity filled rant when I hit a beautiful drive on a rope right down the center. 125 yards out I was sure I could finally put one on the stamp. I made beautiful ball contact, nice divot then look up to see I had pushed it and it landed pin high just to the right of the green. I went into a meltdown Yosemite Sam would be proud of. Then I became angrier because I allowed my anger to ruin my last two holes by not even being able to hit a straight drive, which made me even angrier. I drove home with a dark cloud hanging over my head. I hate golf right now, but tomorrow is another day.

In the poker world, we’d call that tilt.  But, I must confess, hearing you get pissed off on the course somehow makes me laugh.  I’m sorry you had a bad day at the course.   I really am.  You just seem so even keeled.  So to hear you’re spouting expletives on the course ( something that is a also a gentleman’s game) makes me feel more normal.  Thanks for that!  Best of luck to ya on your next round. Next time just R-E-L-A-X!

It was full release of simmering frustration. Typically, for me, that can be somewhat cathartic. Unfortunately, like poker, golf is not a game to be played angry. It just feeds on itself to make matters worse. I always try to follow the Phil Mickelson 20 second rule; that's how much time you have to stew and steam about a bad shot before setting it aside and moving on to the next. Turning birdie and par opportunities into bogeys hole after hole finally got the best of me. 

https://youtu.be/GYbUx6wZ7z4

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 09:34 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

You suck.   Laughing

Not like me.  I’m awesome and hit the ball right where I want to every time.

Then I wake up…

(09-17-2022, 09:33 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

You suck.   Laughing

Then I wake up…

This is exactly what I was telling myself yesterday. And the clubs. Let's not forget they bear some responsibility in all this...yeah.

(09-17-2022, 09:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 09:33 AM)RicoTx Wrote: You suck.   Laughing

Then I wake up…

This is exactly what I was telling myself yesterday. And the clubs. Let's not forget they bear some responsibility in all this...yeah.

I’m going up to Pittsburgh again on Thursday for my wife’s high school reunion.  I’ll be playing golf a few times again with my ‘stepson-in-law’.  He has a friend that he said has had 15-20 sets of clubs over the last two years.  I’ve seen him play.  It ain’t the clubs.  If I’m better than him…there’s a problem that clubs won’t correct.

(09-17-2022, 09:50 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 09:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is exactly what I was telling myself yesterday. And the clubs. Let's not forget they bear some responsibility in all this...yeah.

I’m going up to Pittsburgh again on Thursday for my wife’s high school reunion.  I’ll be playing golf a few times again with my ‘stepson-in-law’.  He has a friend that he said has had 15-20 sets of clubs over the last two years.  I’ve seen him play.  It ain’t the clubs.  If I’m better than him…there’s a problem that clubs won’t correct.

My son discovered the hard way new clubs don’t improve the game. Granted, his old clubs were my old clubs so they were pretty well used. He’s a really good ball striker but he doesn’t play or practice enough to take it to the next level. He got a killer deal on a set of Mizunos and thought his game would instantly improve and expressed his disappointment to me when it didn’t.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 04:18 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

I feel your pain.  My problem with approach shots isn't direction.  It's distance control.  I remember I hit one of my best drives ever the other day on a par four and wound up 50 yards from the green. (We're seniors, so we play the shorter tees.)  So I pulled out my lob wedge, took the required half swing, and hit it about 40 yards.  
Then the other problem is my chipping.  Same hole, I'm 10 yards from the green, and I chip it 20 feet from the hole.  Pathetic.  
One of my golf buddies said, "You know what our problem is, don't you?"  
I know he was going to say we need a better short game, but I said, "yeah, we suck at golf"

But you know what?  I was out there yesterday and I'll be out there tomorrow.

I found several ways to avoid frustration over my golf game.  Sometimes I just play and don't even keep score.  I just play hole by hole and try to hit some good shots and have some good holes.  But I don't write a thing on my scorecard.  And there are a couple of guys I play with where we just play a scramble every time.  We see if we can break par as a team.

(09-17-2022, 04:01 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I feel your pain.  My problem with approach shots isn't direction.  It's distance control.  I remember I hit one of my best drives ever the other day on a par four and wound up 50 yards from the green. (We're seniors, so we play the shorter tees.)  So I pulled out my lob wedge, took the required half swing, and hit it about 40 yards.  
Then the other problem is my chipping.  Same hole, I'm 10 yards from the green, and I chip it 20 feet from the hole.  Pathetic.  
One of my golf buddies said, "You know what our problem is, don't you?"  
I know he was going to say we need a better short game, but I said, "yeah, we suck at golf"

But you know what?  I was out there yesterday and I'll be out there tomorrow.

I found several ways to avoid frustration over my golf game.  Sometimes I just play and don't even keep score.  I just play hole by hole and try to hit some good shots and have some good holes.  But I don't write a thing on my scorecard.  And there are a couple of guys I play with where we just play a scramble every time.  We see if we can break par as a team.

Most of the time I don't write down a score. I just keep track of how many strokes above par I am. Then again, I typically play 9 holes by myself while walking. If the weather isn't too stinking hot, I'll walk 18. I enjoy the solitude.

Marty, if you haven’t played Hyde Park in a while you should check them out. The new owners are putting a lot of effort into improving the course. The fairways are improved and the greens are in great shape. There is always some project or another going on somewhere on the course. They haven’t rebuilt the clubhouse yet but I’m sure that’s next.

(09-17-2022, 06:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Marty, if you haven’t played Hyde Park in a while you should check them out. The new owners are putting a lot of effort into improving the course. The fairways are improved and the greens are in great shape. There is always some project or another going on somewhere on the course. They haven’t rebuilt the clubhouse yet but I’m sure that’s next.

Well if you’re ever in Fort Worth I know a nice track and we can play for free.   Banana

(09-17-2022, 06:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Marty, if you haven’t played Hyde Park in a while you should check them out. The new owners are putting a lot of effort into improving the course. The fairways are improved and the greens are in great shape. There is always some project or another going on somewhere on the course. They haven’t rebuilt the clubhouse yet but I’m sure that’s next.

I always loved Hyde park just because it was such an open layout and you didn’t have to worry about water of every hole like jax beach(even though jax beach is arguably the nicest public course in town now.)

(09-17-2022, 06:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Well if you’re ever in Fort Worth I know a nice track and we can play for free.   Banana

You're on. 

Umm, do they allow profanity laced outbursts of anger?

(09-17-2022, 08:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 06:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well if you’re ever in Fort Worth I know a nice track and we can play for free.   Banana

You're on. 

Umm, do they allow profanity laced outbursts of anger?

They’ve never stopped me.

(09-17-2022, 08:04 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

I always loved Hyde park just because it was such an open layout and you didn’t have to worry about water of every hole like jax beach(even though jax beach is arguably the nicest public course in town now.)

They've also done away with quite a few of the sand traps. 

Bent Creek is the toughest public course I've ever played. If there isn't water involved on a hole, which is most, then dense golf ball-eating woods are all around. If your swing is off, you can easily use up two sleeves of golf balls on a round.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 12:59 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 4 times in total.)

Used to love it back in the 90's, I played it this past Fathers day, and yes they are putting some effort into it, but overall, it still sucks. The greens were NOT in great shape when I played it, unless your standard of 'great' and mine differ 'great'ly. Too sandy and too bumpy.

South Hampton is in nice shape this year. Recommended.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 06:40 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

I grew up playing that course.  I've always liked it.  I've used the driving range a lot in the last year, but I haven't played the course in quite a while for some reason.  I'll check it out.  I did notice the driving range has actual grass to hit off of now, unlike in previous years when you had to hit off hard-packed dirt.

Hyde Park has a really good design, with interesting holes.  One of the best things about it is, it wasn't designed as part of a housing project.  Just a golf course.  If you hit one off-line, you don't wind up in someone's yard.