Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Have we been too harsh on Baalke?

(09-23-2022, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 11:24 AM)Mikey Wrote: "I chose to insult our owner because it looked funny"

...and charlie manson's tattoo was just a way for him to express his love of right angles.

"It doesn't mean what it means, it means what I want it to be." Mikesez would be proud!
As dumb as if i were to ask you if you are urban meyer or shaq because of ur avatar tbh, and i put it as my avatar because it looks funny and our team was dog crap

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2022, 01:11 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "It doesn't mean what it means, it means what I want it to be." ...
As dumb as if i were to ask you if you are urban meyer or shaq because of ur avatar tbh, and i put it as my avatar because it looks funny and our team was dog crap

....mebbe you should change the avatar to a poo emoji, that would be funny and get the same message across without associating yourself with the wrong crowd, if they're not who you intended to represent.

One win... not suprised at all though. 
As I said, Pederson is the real difference but it does seem like Baalke did a good job this year.

Anyway, flsprtsgod's avatar is [BLEEP] great  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 09:03 AM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dare I say it……..

In Baalke we trust

Oh, and I’m sorry Mr. Baalke
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

IN BAALKE WE TRUST!

Though in all seriousness, he has not had a good couch throughout his tenure.

(09-26-2022, 09:09 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: IN BAALKE WE TRUST!

What furniture store or brand would you recommend to him?

(09-23-2022, 01:11 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "It doesn't mean what it means, it means what I want it to be." Mikesez would be proud!

That's borderline special needs of you. If you have to ask what my avatar means then you're a legitimate moron.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-26-2022, 09:45 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 09:09 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: IN BAALKE WE TRUST!

What furniture store or brand would you recommend to him?

La-Z-Boy

Fanbases should be demanding of players
It should go even further with coaches and the front office. Make your displeasure heard.

Every fan base needs an outlet to show its frustration. And after Urban's departure, we chose Baalke

I have no issue with the harshness that came from the fanbase including myself. I would say it helped invigorate Baalke Ninja . 
Much respect to him for handling it like a pro and putting a respectable product on the field.

I do give him credit for blocking out all the noise and bringing in Pederson and also having conviction in drafting Walker and Lloyd back to back.

I'll take a crow appetizer to start. Not ready for the crow dinner. More work to be done

(09-26-2022, 10:52 AM)jagshype Wrote: Fanbases should be demanding of players
It should go even further with coaches and the front office. Make your displeasure heard.

Every fan base needs an outlet to show its frustration. And after Urban's departure, we chose Baalke

I have no issue with the harshness that came from the fanbase including myself. I would say it helped invigorate Baalke Ninja . 
Much respect to him for handling it like a pro and putting a respectable product on the field.

I do give him credit for blocking out all the noise and bringing in Pederson and also having conviction in drafting Walker and Lloyd back to back.

I'll take a crow appetizer to start. Not ready for the crow dinner. More work to be done

A Win against Philly and you might be looking at some sparkling crow as a drink

I loved the video of Baalke waiting at the tunnel entrance in LA to give all the players daps, fives, hugs etc. after the win against the Chargers. I think all these players really like and respect Baalke.

^Yeah. I enjoyed that too.

Lift up Lombardi Trophy and I'll drop it. Nah I don't need that level of success to rethink my disappointment in him last year. I am still wait and see overall but it does look like it is turning up roses.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Griffin, this O-line... yeah we've been so hard on him...
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-16-2022, 04:09 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Griffin, this O-line... yeah we've been so hard on him...

Baalke should have been released with the last staff. He's done nothing particularly impressive and the Walker pick is starting to look like the reach some people thought it was.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

One thing that I haven't seen get mentioned is Baalke's failure on Day 3 of the draft.  

2021:

4th Round - Jay Tufele - No longer on team.

4th Round - Jordan Smith - He's been on injured reserve this year, but last year, he was a healthy inactive for virtually the whole season.  He played in 2 games and that was only because other players were injured.

5th Round - Luke Farrell - Our fourth string tight end.  Through six games this year, he has 1 reception.  Sadly, this makes him Baalke's best Day 3 pick with the Jaguars.

6th Round - Jalen Camp - Cut without ever taking a regular season snap for the Jaguars.

2022:

5th Round - Snoop Conner - A healthy inactive for all six games.  He has never taken a regular season snap.

6th Round - Gregory Junior - Did not make 53 man roster.  No other team wanted him for their 53 man roster.  He's currently on the Jaguars practice squad and has yet to take a regular season snap.

7th Round - Montaric Brown - Although injured today, he's mostly been a healthy inactive.  Because of an injury to another player, he was activated for one game this year, but only played 4 special teams snaps.  He has yet to take a single regular season snap on defense.

If Baalke is retained, maybe the Jaguars should just trade away all of their Day 3 picks next year.  It's hard to get less production out of seven draft picks.

(10-16-2022, 04:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 04:09 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Griffin, this O-line... yeah we've been so hard on him...

Baalke should have been released with the last staff. He's done nothing particularly impressive and the Walker pick is starting to look like the reach some people thought it was.

I mean... who should we have taken there? It's not like Hutch has looked any better. And none of the tackles have looked great.

(10-17-2022, 12:20 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 04:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Baalke should have been released with the last staff. He's done nothing particularly impressive and the Walker pick is starting to look like the reach some people thought it was.

I mean... who should we have taken there? It's not like Hutch has looked any better. And none of the tackles have looked great.

Sauce Gardner would of been a good pick. He put on a CB clinic today vs the Packers. Hes been great so far this season. Hasn't missed a step going from college to the pros. He's still lockdown. Of course that would of meant our OLBs would be super weak though.
https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/statu...2703889408
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...4601947137

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2022, 12:49 AM by Charlie Sheen.)

(10-17-2022, 12:32 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 12:20 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I mean... who should we have taken there? It's not like Hutch has looked any better. And none of the tackles have looked great.

Sauce Gardner would of been a good pick. He put on a CB clinic today vs the Packers. Hes been great so far this season. Hasn't missed a step going from college to the pros. He's still lockdown. Of course that would of meant our OLBs would be super weak though.
https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/statu...2703889408
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...4601947137

Sure, but he wasn't really one of the realistic picks. It was between Hutch, Walker, Ekwonu, and Neal.

Also, to edit, I have stated I wanted Sauce with the #1 pick before we picked.