Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elon Musk now owns Twitter

(11-30-2022, 02:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 12:48 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's really annoying how these places billing themselves as free speech platforms get the crazies in on the front end. It makes it harder for these companies to get successful because most of their content is too radical. Odysee actually a solid platform as I look at it. Needs diverse content.

And what makes you so sure you're not one of the crazies?

Meh. Fair point. But I wasn't necessarily speaking of filling it with people like me, per se. I just mean it needs broad and mainstreamed content. I would be interested to see a new start up bill itself as an alternative to making money, not free speech platform (while also taking a positive stand for free speech). If these places paid like YouTube used to (how it became popular), they could pull over more content. YouTube wasn't started by google. It just shared its ad revenue.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2022, 04:43 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-30-2022, 03:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  I love how Elon Musk is driving democrats like Mikesez crazy (or crazier).

Amazing.  Every word of what you just said was wrong.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2022, 04:59 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1...mTgVA&s=19

Hypocrite
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-30-2022, 04:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1...mTgVA&s=19

Hypocrite

She bristles at having to accept the basic tenets of the First Amendment. And like any good politician, she deflects.

(11-30-2022, 11:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Democrat politicians are piling on now. The White House stated yesterday that they were keeping an eye on Twitter. A statement that says more about them than Elon Musk.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/elon-musk-...ical-stage

The hypocrisy of the left is completely lost on them. Every tweet referenced in that article shows how bad it is. They accuse him of the very things they're guilty of doing and saying. 

The one guy who said he's Trump? The only way he's like Trump is he's pissing of the liberals and they're shredding him for it just as they shredded Trump.

Blind squirrels can find nuts. The sniveling progressives were right that Trump was a bad nut. But that doesn't mean all the other people they don't like are bad nuts too.

(11-30-2022, 06:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: Blind squirrels can find nuts.  The sniveling progressives were right that Trump was a bad nut.  But that doesn't mean all the other people they don't like are bad nuts too.

But that's how they think. Anyone who opposes them on anything are digitally "drawn and quartered" in the public square (their words to describe Twitter before Musk took over) or cancelled. Just look at what they say to and about Tulsi Gabbard now. Hell, Musk was their dude before he started commenting on their hypocrisy before he bought Twitter.

(11-30-2022, 07:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598...VA6KA&s=19

[Image: DisastrousDarkEland-small.gif]

(11-30-2022, 06:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 06:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: Blind squirrels can find nuts.  The sniveling progressives were right that Trump was a bad nut.  But that doesn't mean all the other people they don't like are bad nuts too.

But that's how they think. Anyone who opposes them on anything are digitally "drawn and quartered" in the public square (their words to describe Twitter before Musk took over) or cancelled. Just look at what they say to and about Tulsi Gabbard now. Hell, Musk was their dude before he started commenting on their hypocrisy before he bought Twitter.

It does feel that way.  But social media is all fun house mirrors on a good day.  We're not always able to tell if it's the same people doing the digital vivisection each time.  Instead of focusing on the possible hypocrisy, I think we should just assert a principle that no one except the very worst people, people with long histories of hateful thought, should be boycotted or cancelled in this manner.

(11-30-2022, 08:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 06:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: But that's how they think. Anyone who opposes them on anything are digitally "drawn and quartered" in the public square (their words to describe Twitter before Musk took over) or cancelled. Just look at what they say to and about Tulsi Gabbard now. Hell, Musk was their dude before he started commenting on their hypocrisy before he bought Twitter.

It does feel that way.  But social media is all fun house mirrors on a good day.  We're not always able to tell if it's the same people doing the digital vivisection each time.  Instead of focusing on the possible hypocrisy, I think we should just assert a principle that no one except the very worst people, people with long histories of hateful thought, should be boycotted or cancelled in this manner.

You're talking about people who made snap decisions based on their feelings. They're not going to be rational about people they see as opposition. 

Social media has allowed people to say what they really think without the consequences. Like getting a beat down. People are more hateful and divisive when they're not face to face with whom they're talking to/about. It points to a serious problem. A great many people are very angry and not dealing with that anger in a healthy way and they carry that with them everywhere they go and to everyone they interact with. 

Social media is pretty much a powderkeg just waiting for the perfect storm to set it off.

(11-29-2022, 08:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote: You’re absolutely right Mike!  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve not watched a movie because the director treat the key grip wrong. Word definitely gets out! Mainly to the key grip’s wife and kids.  No one else really. Just them.

The key grip tells the union, the union tells the producer, and the producer talks to the director about cleaning up his act if he ever wants to work in this town again.  At least that's how it's supposed to work.
The audiences for the most part never hear about this stuff and don't care.  But if you ever wonder "huh, whatever happened to actor X or director Y?  Had a few hits and vanished?" It often has something to do with being abusive on set.

(11-30-2022, 08:52 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 11:26 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I have no idea if it occurs or at what frequency.  You are the one who stated that it happens "often".  I'm asking you to define "often" and cite the data supporting your claim.  

i don't see any correlation with Musk and Twitter, but it's your statement, not mine.

It is definitely not my statement.  It was HB's.

Bolded, italics, underlined and I gave it a more distinctive font color to help your selective memory.  

P.S.  Still waiting to see data on the movie set abuse
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 08:55 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-01-2022, 07:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: The key grip tells the union, the union tells the producer, and the producer talks to the director about cleaning up his act if he ever wants to work in this town again.  At least that's how it's supposed to work.
The audiences for the most part never hear about this stuff and don't care.  But if you ever wonder "huh, whatever happened to actor X or director Y?  Had a few hits and vanished?" It often has something to do with being abusive on set.

(11-30-2022, 08:52 AM)mikesez Wrote:

It is definitely not my statement.  It was HB's.

Bolded, italics, underlined and I gave it a more distinctive font color to help your selective memory.  

P.S.  Still waiting to see data on the movie set abuse

"Often" is a loose term.  Jeffrey Tambor and Dan Schneider have both lost work after their reputations as hotheads came to light. But why do you care if my statement was true or false? It was in response to an off-topic question.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2022, 07:10 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Adding )

https://twitter.com/hyenakiller69/status...DXQ72WjUGQ

Boom

https://twitter.com/hyenakiller69/status...YlgI6vaSUA
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Petition to change thread title to: “Elon Musk now owns liberals “.

He certainly lives rent free in their heads.