Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elon Musk now owns Twitter

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2022, 08:35 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-29-2022, 07:44 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 07:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ya know, in my 35+ years of working, I never once cared about a fellow employee's party affiliation. All I cared about was that they were pulling their own weight and finished projects and planning in a timely manner.

I have no problem working with democrats, liberals, conservatives, independents.. Never mattered to me.

I discriminate against the lazy and the do nothings..

Truly, neither do I. 

I’m not trying to be funny on this one. A very common denominator in the guys I hire seem or come off as R’s.  I don’t care.  I’ll hiring anybody willing to work.  I’m just sharing my experience over the last 16 or so years.  Turns out, they all seem to be right leaning.  Take that for what you will.

It's just the way things have been in North Florida for decades.  Blue collar is almost all Republican, except for the Black folks.  White collar is mixed.

I'm fine bringing up a little politics when I've worked with someone for years.   But I play things close to the vest.  Other folks I work with really wear it on their sleeves, bringing in desk decorations with political indications.  A smart person notices that, but doesn't comment on it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2022, 08:35 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-29-2022, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 07:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When people say that a movie or show is good, or bad, do you think they are also referring to the lighting technicians, catering services, grips, gaffers and such?

No.  But certain actors and directors have treated their techs, grips, etc., so poorly that word gets out, right?
Why do you ask?

You’re absolutely right Mike!  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve not watched a movie because the director treat the key grip wrong. Word definitely gets out! Mainly to the key grip’s wife and kids.  No one else really. Just them.

(11-29-2022, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: No.  But certain actors and directors have treated their techs, grips, etc., so poorly that word gets out, right?
Why do you ask?

You’re absolutely right Mike!  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve not watched a movie because the director treat the key grip wrong. Word definitely gets out! Mainly to the key grip’s wife and kids.  No one else really. Just them.

The key grip tells the union, the union tells the producer, and the producer talks to the director about cleaning up his act if he ever wants to work in this town again.  At least that's how it's supposed to work.
The audiences for the most part never hear about this stuff and don't care.  But if you ever wonder "huh, whatever happened to actor X or director Y?  Had a few hits and vanished?" It often has something to do with being abusive on set.

(11-29-2022, 08:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote: You’re absolutely right Mike!  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve not watched a movie because the director treat the key grip wrong. Word definitely gets out! Mainly to the key grip’s wife and kids.  No one else really. Just them.

The key grip tells the union, the union tells the producer, and the producer talks to the director about cleaning up his act if he ever wants to work in this town again.  At least that's how it's supposed to work.
The audiences for the most part never hear about this stuff and don't care.  But if you ever wonder "huh, whatever happened to actor X or director Y?  Had a few hits and vanished?" It often has something to do with being abusive on set.

No, I don’t really wonder.  Y’all wanna spend your life in front of a tv or movie screen, have at it.

(11-29-2022, 08:55 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: The key grip tells the union, the union tells the producer, and the producer talks to the director about cleaning up his act if he ever wants to work in this town again.  At least that's how it's supposed to work.

No, I don’t really wonder.  Y’all wanna spend your life in front of a tv or movie screen, have at it.

It's not that I care, but there are a lot of blue collar guys like you who happen to build sets instead of mow lawns, and they care.

(11-29-2022, 09:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:55 PM)Jags Wrote: No, I don’t really wonder.  Y’all wanna spend your life in front of a tv or movie screen, have at it.

It's not that I care, but there are a lot of blue collar guys like you who happen to build sets instead of mow lawns, and they care.
I’m not quite sure how to respond to this without being an [BLEEP] hole and trying to be humble.

(11-29-2022, 09:32 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's not that I care, but there are a lot of blue collar guys like you who happen to build sets instead of mow lawns, and they care.
I’m not quite sure how to respond to this without being an [BLEEP] hole and trying to be humble.

That's OK.  I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Elon Musk owning Twitter.  Maybe HB will explain.

(11-29-2022, 09:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:32 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m not quite sure how to respond to this without being an [BLEEP] hole and trying to be humble.

That's OK.  I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Elon Musk owning Twitter.  Maybe HB will explain.

Elon? Don’t be trying to change the topic from you.

(11-29-2022, 08:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote: You’re absolutely right Mike!  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve not watched a movie because the director treat the key grip wrong. Word definitely gets out! Mainly to the key grip’s wife and kids.  No one else really. Just them.

Really?  How frequently does this occur?  I've been looking everywhere for the data.  Did you do your own research?  If not, can you share with us the study you discovered with actual case numbers?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2022, 11:10 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-29-2022, 10:41 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: The key grip tells the union, the union tells the producer, and the producer talks to the director about cleaning up his act if he ever wants to work in this town again.  At least that's how it's supposed to work.

Really?  How frequently does this occur?  I've been looking everywhere for the data.  Did you do your own research?  If not, can you share with us the study you discovered with actual case numbers?

Do you deny that it occurs? Can you tell us what this has to do with Elon Musk owning Twitter?

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2022, 09:14 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

I said what I think might be in the documents Musk will release from Old Twitter.
What do you think will be in them?

(11-29-2022, 10:56 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:41 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Really?  How frequently does this occur?  I've been looking everywhere for the data.  Did you do your own research?  If not, can you share with us the study you discovered with actual case numbers?

Do you deny that it occurs? Can you tell us what this has to do with Elon Musk owning Twitter?

I have no idea if it occurs or at what frequency.  You are the one who stated that it happens "often".  I'm asking you to define "often" and cite the data supporting your claim.  

i don't see any correlation with Musk and Twitter, but it's your statement, not mine.

(11-29-2022, 09:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:32 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m not quite sure how to respond to this without being an [BLEEP] hole and trying to be humble.

When people have an opinion about a movie or show, they are referring to the works of the cast and select crew who created and presented the content: writers, directors and actors. 

When people have an opinion about Twitter, they are referring to the works of the moderators and directors who control the content. Whether any of the backstage employees are conservative, who have no control over how Twitter projects its bias, is completely meaningless. They are, in no way, subjects of Twitter criticism.

(11-29-2022, 09:32 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's not that I care, but there are a lot of blue collar guys like you who happen to build sets instead of mow lawns, and they care.

LOL.  I just know if your lawn guy is wearing a shirt with a collar, you're probably paying too much for the service.

The left are in full spittle flecked hate hysteria for Elon now.  Laughing

-trailer-park-simpleton]Elon Musk's Diet Coke tweet lights up internet: 'F---ing trailer park simpleton' | Fox News

Twitter CEO Elon Musk's Diet Coke tweet sparked strong reactions from liberals in the media on Tuesday, who found a deeper meaning behind the billionaire's favorite drink.
Musk tweeted out a picture of his bedside table with several Diet Coke cans, a pair of prop guns, a Buddhist symbol and a painting of George Washington crossing the Delaware River. But for some on the left, the soda was the most controversial item.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597...U-MOXnnvqA

Musk has professed multiple times on Twitter that he enjoys the beverage. He followed up this picture by confessing "there's no excuse" for his "lack of coasters," and by calling himself "Elon Musket."

But some liberals reacted to the tweet by making cult comparisons and berating the CEO for having poor taste.

Hollywood composer Shawn Patterson crassly responded, "How shocking: the richest man on Earth is a 'f---ing trailer park simpleton."...

Writer Olivia Craighead declared that caffeine-free Coke was worse than "sh--, maggots, and scum," and "Ultimately, it is for freaks and losers, so it’s no surprise that Elon Musk apparently can’t get enough of the stuff."

Slate also mocked the picture as an "alarming" "self-own," while a writer for The Cut called the photo "absolutely terrifying."

This stuff with Elon and the libs is hysterical. This is almost better than any show on TV lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Moderates should take note. They are doing the same thing to Elon that they did to Trump. They are the ones going nuts, but they'll call him nuts enough that you'll start to believe it. Mikey is already the first believer.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2022, 08:56 AM by mikesez.)

(11-29-2022, 11:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's OK.  I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Elon Musk owning Twitter.  Maybe HB will explain.

When people have an opinion about a movie or show, they are referring to the works of the cast and select crew who created and presented the content: writers, directors and actors. 

When people have an opinion about Twitter, they are referring to the works of the moderators and directors who control the content. Whether any of the backstage employees are conservative, who have no control over how Twitter projects its bias, is completely meaningless. They are, in no way, subjects of Twitter criticism.

I'm not saying they are subjects of criticism.
I'm saying perhaps they tried to make Twitter a less biased place, and even if they failed, perhaps they left behind some records that would be interesting for us to look at.

(11-29-2022, 11:26 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: Do you deny that it occurs? Can you tell us what this has to do with Elon Musk owning Twitter?

I have no idea if it occurs or at what frequency.  You are the one who stated that it happens "often".  I'm asking you to define "often" and cite the data supporting your claim.  

i don't see any correlation with Musk and Twitter, but it's your statement, not mine.

It is definitely not my statement.  It was HB's.

(11-30-2022, 01:37 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Moderates should take note. They are doing the same thing to Elon that they did to Trump. They are the ones going nuts, but they'll call him nuts enough that you'll start to believe it. Mikey is already the first believer.

I don't believe Elon is nuts.  I never criticized his personal habits and I never would.  I don't care if his nightstand has prop guns or anal beads.  I just think he might be in over his head. Time will tell.

(11-29-2022, 11:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: I said what I think might be in the documents Musk will release from Old Twitter. 
What do you think will be in them?

I'm still the only one who's offered a guess at what might be in those documents...

(11-30-2022, 08:52 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 11:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When people have an opinion about a movie or show, they are referring to the works of the cast and select crew who created and presented the content: writers, directors and actors. 

I'm not saying they are subjects of criticism.
I'm saying perhaps they tried to make Twitter a less biased place, and even if they failed, perhaps they left behind some records that would be interesting for us to look at.

(11-29-2022, 11:26 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I have no idea if it occurs or at what frequency.  You are the one who stated that it happens "often".  I'm asking you to define "often" and cite the data supporting your claim.  

It is definitely not my statement.  It was HB's.

(11-30-2022, 01:37 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Moderates should take note. They are doing the same thing to Elon that they did to Trump. They are the ones going nuts, but they'll call him nuts enough that you'll start to believe it. Mikey is already the first believer.

I don't believe Elon is nuts.  I never criticized his personal habits and I never would.  I don't care if his nightstand has prop guns or anal beads.  I just think he might be in over his head. Time will tell.

What was my statement?