Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It has hit the fan here

(12-06-2022, 02:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 10:06 AM)Sneakers Wrote: The people fight back with those big scary guns you didn't want them to have and save your butt.

[Image: backdrop-1920.jpg]

I never said anyone but criminals and people under age 21 should have their semi automatic rifles taken away...
Now RPGs on the other hand... you got one of those?

Anyhow if it was Russians, those Russians would be far out of the area by now, picking out their next target a few states over.

Every character in that photo was under the age of 21, almost all of them were under 18.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-06-2022, 03:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 02:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: I never said anyone but criminals and people under age 21 should have their semi automatic rifles taken away...
Now RPGs on the other hand... you got one of those?

Anyhow if it was Russians, those Russians would be far out of the area by now, picking out their next target a few states over.

Every character in that photo was under the age of 21, almost all of them were under 18.

Thank God for Google lens.
Yeah, that movie came out right around the time that DaddySez and MommySez were making little MikeSez.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-06-2022, 04:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 03:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Every character in that photo was under the age of 21, almost all of them were under 18.

Thank God for Google lens.
Yeah, that movie came out right around the time that DaddySez and MommySez were making little MikeSez.

The fact that you have no personal memories of the Cold War explains so much about your worldview.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-06-2022, 06:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 04:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Thank God for Google lens.

The fact that you have no personal memories of the Cold War explains so much about your worldview.

Personal memories = Wiki
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

When the power goes out at my place I don't even know it other than the alert from the power management app. Solar/Tesla walls kick in instantly, once down to 45 % charge level ( could be days/weeks if sunny everyday) the Generac kicks in. Enough fuel (propane)to run that bad boy for a month, not counting days of solar input that it won't run. Have 1000 gallon capacity fresh water tank to hold us over if water is also gone .

Hope the juice is back on By now for you!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Whoever did this knew exactly what they were doing. The damage done couldn't have been done by someone who happened to get pissed about a drag show and decided to "protest" it. There has been people trying to get it cancelled. Maybe those people know some high-speed low-drag person who happens to know how to take out two substations in two completely different parts of the county.

There has been discussion that it's a disgruntled former employee. I believe that before I believe it's disgruntled drag show fans. 

Time will tell. 

10K have had their power restored. We're not there yet in my neck of the woods.

(12-06-2022, 07:41 PM)Jagwired Wrote: When the power goes out at my place I don't even know it other than the alert from the power management app. Solar/Tesla walls kick in instantly, once down to 45 % charge level ( could be days/weeks if sunny everyday) the Generac kicks in. Enough fuel (propane)to run that bad boy for a month, not counting days of solar input that it won't run. Have 1000 gallon capacity fresh water tank to hold us over if water is also gone .

Seems like you’ve got it going on.  I mean that.  I also mean this…

Does the Mrs drive the Tesla?  Cause 9/10 times I see a Tesla and a female, they’re…

Just saying, around my parts, the Tesla chicks are freaking hot AF!   And getting hit on and decide to kill charging time in various manners.  Don’t tint those windows brother!

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2022, 10:07 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-06-2022, 06:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 04:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Thank God for Google lens.

Depending what year you set the cutoff at, we either are already a majority of Americans, or will be in 5 years or less.
So get used to it!
Tell me, pops, what would be different if I had personal memories of the Cold War?

(12-06-2022, 07:41 PM)Jagwired Wrote: When the power goes out at my place I don't even know it other than the alert from the power management app. Solar/Tesla walls kick in instantly, once down to 45 % charge level ( could be days/weeks if sunny everyday) the Generac kicks in. Enough fuel (propane)to run that bad boy for a month, not counting days of solar input that it won't run. Have 1000 gallon capacity fresh water tank to hold us over if water is also gone .

If we ever have a sustained breakdown of grid electricity and fuel availability, houses like yours will be like the castles of medieval times.  People will seek to serve you to share some of your benefits like AC.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2022, 10:08 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-06-2022, 10:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 06:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The fact that you have no personal memories of the Cold War explains so much about your worldview.

Depending what year you set the cutoff at, we either are already a majority of Americans, or will be in 5 years or less.
So get used to it!
Tell me, pops, what would be different if I had personal memories of the Cold War?

If we ever have a sudden breakdown of fuel availability, houses like yours will be like the castles of medieval times.  People will seek to serve you to share some of your benefits like AC.

This isn't about you.

(12-06-2022, 08:10 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Whoever did this knew exactly what they were doing. The damage done couldn't have been done by someone who happened to get pissed about a drag show and decided to "protest" it. There has been people trying to get it cancelled. Maybe those people know some high-speed low-drag person who happens to know how to take out two substations in two completely different parts of the county.

There has been discussion that it's a disgruntled former employee. I believe that before I believe it's disgruntled drag show fans. 

Time will tell. 

10K have had their power restored. We're not there yet in my neck of the woods.

There are more disgruntled employees in this country than there are foreign special forces... at least let's hope that's true...

(12-06-2022, 10:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 10:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: Depending what year you set the cutoff at, we either are already a majority of Americans, or will be in 5 years or less.
So get used to it!

If we ever have a sudden breakdown of fuel availability, houses like yours will be like the castles of medieval times.  People will seek to serve you to share some of your benefits like AC.

This isn't about you.

It's about all of us.  How did the Cold War shape your worldview?

(12-06-2022, 10:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 10:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: Depending what year you set the cutoff at, we either are already a majority of Americans, or will be in 5 years or less.
So get used to it!

This isn't about you.

lololol

(12-06-2022, 10:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 10:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This isn't about you.

It's about all of us.  How did the Cold War shape your worldview?

This subject is not about the cold war dude. Start another thread if you want to talk about it.

I bought a Briggs and Stratton gennie yesterday. A big one we can eventually hook up to our house but today we just want to be able to run the fridge/freezer and deep freezer at the same time, minimum. My parents are getting our smaller Predator today. They've already lost most of their food.

This crazy is not for the lazy or the weak-minded. Or the elderly. It takes work to figure out how to improvise and make do. Being completely thrown out of your routine without warning and not knowing how long things will be chaotic is not for the soft. We're more prepared than a lot of people around here but were still 'caught with our pants down' so to speak.

(12-07-2022, 10:26 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I bought a Briggs and Stratton gennie yesterday. A big one we can eventually hook up to our house but today we just want to be able to run the fridge/freezer and deep freezer at the same time, minimum. My parents are getting our smaller Predator today. They've already lost most of their food.

This crazy is not for the lazy or the weak-minded. Or the elderly. It takes work to figure out how to improvise and make do. Being completely thrown out of your routine without warning and not knowing how long things will be chaotic is not for the soft. We're more prepared than a lot of people around here but were still 'caught with our pants down' so to speak.

Hate to say it, but unfortunate as that whole situation is, could be a ton worse. Could be in the middle of summer or winter with no heat or AC!!

Here in Florida, if the power goes off in the middle of a summer night, it's wide spread panic lolol

Hoping you guys get it fixed soon!!

(12-06-2022, 08:14 PM)Jags Wrote:

Seems like you’ve got it going on.  I mean that.  I also mean this…

Does the Mrs drive the Tesla?  Cause 9/10 times I see a Tesla and a female, they’re…

Just saying, around my parts, the Tesla chicks are freaking hot AF!   And getting hit on and decide to kill charging time in various manners.  Don’t tint those windows brother!

Thanks! Don't own Tesla vehicles. I do own two Tesla powerwalls. Battery back-ups. I will say though, the wife sure ain't hard to look at.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 01:34 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-07-2022, 09:49 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 10:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's about all of us.  How did the Cold War shape your worldview?

This subject is not about the cold war dude. Start another thread if you want to talk about it.

Thats fair, but, the actual moderator in these parts had a different opinion on that.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 03:03 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-05-2022, 09:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: This will sound crazy but what if it was Russians?

Even then, Ronster would blame the Ukranians

(12-05-2022, 02:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Link. Or look up Moore county NC power outage.

This is where I live. Some idiots decided to vandalize substations here and most of the county is without power and won't have it until Thursday at the earliest.

This is the first time I've been able to get online since Saturday and it's only because I'm out of my county. Today is the first shower I've had since Saturday. This afternoon is the first actual meal since Saturday. 

I have some cautionary tales to tell. 

Anyone who ever thought it would be cool for [BLEEP] to hit the fan...they're a bunch of idiots who have no freaking clue what they're talking about. It's easy to deal with a storm you've prepared for but something like this? No. And we're more prepped than most people. This has showed us where our preps are lacking. It's also showed us what happens when everything shuts down except one grocery store.

Funny enough the mail still ran today. Anyway, I'll be back when I can.

Best of luck.  Crazy stuff there.  Just glad it was a mass shooting of people.  Nevertheless, there's some whacked out people everywhere.  I mean, that looks like such a cute and quaint county .... you just never know.  Glad you are safe.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 04:04 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-07-2022, 03:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 09:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: This will sound crazy but what if it was Russians?

Even then, Ronster would blame the Ukranians

(12-05-2022, 02:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Link. Or look up Moore county NC power outage.

This is where I live. Some idiots decided to vandalize substations here and most of the county is without power and won't have it until Thursday at the earliest.

This is the first time I've been able to get online since Saturday and it's only because I'm out of my county. Today is the first shower I've had since Saturday. This afternoon is the first actual meal since Saturday. 

I have some cautionary tales to tell. 

Anyone who ever thought it would be cool for [BLEEP] to hit the fan...they're a bunch of idiots who have no freaking clue what they're talking about. It's easy to deal with a storm you've prepared for but something like this? No. And we're more prepped than most people. This has showed us where our preps are lacking. It's also showed us what happens when everything shuts down except one grocery store.

Funny enough the mail still ran today. Anyway, I'll be back when I can.

Best of luck.  Crazy stuff there.  Just glad it was a mass shooting of people.  Nevertheless, there's some whacked out people everywhere.  I mean, that looks like such a cute and quaint county .... you just never know.  Glad you are safe.

Mass shooting of people?  Huh?  The only victims were a bunch of high voltage transformers. Shocking, yes, but....
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-07-2022, 03:44 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 03:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Even then, Ronster would blame the Ukranians

Mass shooting of people?  Huh?  The only victims were a bunch of high voltage transformers.

He's broken.. Never got around to fixing him, sorry!