Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Shad Khan is ready to fire Trent Balke (Rumor)

(12-08-2022, 02:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: People saying Khan is the worst owner blows my mind. I think any smart business man who owned this team would have already moved it.. every week our stadium is either half full, or has more of the opposing teams fans. Khan at the very least has kept his word to Weaver that he'd keep the team in Jax and I'll forever be grateful of that.

Agreed. He's pretty bad in the W/L column but he's completely invested his efforts, time and money into this city. Between him and his son, Daily's Place, AEW wrestling, the future plans, him also buying up the Lemon Bar and another spot on beach, etc.

He's done a lot to show he's committed here.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-08-2022, 02:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 02:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: People saying Khan is the worst owner blows my mind. I think any smart business man who owned this team would have already moved it.. every week our stadium is either half full, or has more of the opposing teams fans. Khan at the very least has kept his word to Weaver that he'd keep the team in Jax and I'll forever be grateful of that.

Agreed. He's pretty bad in the W/L column but he's completely invested his efforts, time and money into this city. Between him and his son, Daily's Place, AEW wrestling, the future plans, him also buying up the Lemon Bar and another spot on beach, etc.

Yeah, at worst sure he's made some questionable hires but to say he's the worst owner is baffling.

(12-08-2022, 02:48 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 02:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. He's pretty bad in the W/L column but he's completely invested his efforts, time and money into this city. Between him and his son, Daily's Place, AEW wrestling, the future plans, him also buying up the Lemon Bar and another spot on beach, etc.

Yeah, at worst sure he's made some questionable hires but to say he's the worst owner is baffling.

People who think he's the worst owner ever should read up on Snyder, Haslam, and Kroenke....

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 03:05 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-08-2022, 02:53 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 02:48 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Yeah, at worst sure he's made some questionable hires but to say he's the worst owner is baffling.

People who think he's the worst owner ever should read up on Snyder, Haslam, and Kroenke....

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Even Irsay. He's done some questionable things outside of his business and has a mugshot to validate that. He's also managed to ruin a QB like Andrew Luck and he's getting into this weird cycle of QB hell and now HC hell if he's not careful.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-08-2022, 03:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 02:53 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: People who think he's the worst owner ever should read up on Snyder, Haslam, and Kroenke....

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Even Irsay. He's done some questionable things outside of his business and has a mugshot to validate that. He's also managed to ruin a QB like Andrew Luck and he's getting into this weird cycle of QB hell and now HC hell if he's not careful.

Which is a beautiful, beautiful thing lol

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 03:21 PM by MoJagFan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Serious Khan is far and away not the worst owner. Typing that doesn't mean I like how things are working out but in a world of instant fix and virtue signaling, the guy has stuck by his word.

It is unfortunate that his patience and loyalty have not paid off. The team is improving but it is sad still the same. I really wish there was more on the field to show we were turning a corner.

Edit:

Kroenke knifed St Louis and is backing over other owners as part of that whole legal mess.

Synder is a freak and has run one of the great franchise into the ground. All he really accomplished was taking away their name.

Kraft is a lonely sex fiend who got off (pun intended) by process manipulation and as a result let a whole sex trafficking ring avoid prosecution.

The Bengal owner is pathetic and is an impediment to other small market franchises.

The Jerry here where I live is a revolutionary who crapped all over the idea of the NFL shield long ago. He is a savvy business guy but ruthless to small market teams.

The commissioner is a pampered and spoiled political brat who has ruined competition and watered down the product.

Khan is an honest guy in a tough market.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

All that guy did was repeat the blurb LaCanfora wrote a few days ago, a blurb that has been posted on this board several times already, and then talk about it. Nothing new here at all.

I don’t think Khan is a bad owner. However, it is long past time he turn football related decisions over to someone far more qualified than himself.

I'm fine with our owner. The only thing we need from our owner is a open wallet and dedication to the city.

If we get any other owner...we may as well kiss the Jags goodbye! They'll move the team in 4 years or less, which would be a good business move for them.

Be careful what you ask for, be more grateful.

(12-08-2022, 02:48 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 02:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. He's pretty bad in the W/L column but he's completely invested his efforts, time and money into this city. Between him and his son, Daily's Place, AEW wrestling, the future plans, him also buying up the Lemon Bar and another spot on beach, etc.

No it is not.

And, you do realize he has a lease here right? So him moving the team is a pretty big challenge and not because he is "loyal" to the city. A multi billionaire like him does NOT care about loyalty and no NFL owner does either. So he gets NO COOL POINTS from me on that end either.

And if you think he isnt making money is an absolute joke. Ticket sells is just many other options his making money from the team, that is really not the most important thing to making money either.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 08:19 PM by MyKids. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-08-2022, 02:48 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Yeah, at worst sure he's made some questionable hires but to say he's the worst owner is baffling.

For every Kraft, Rooney, Packers Inc., Jones, Bowlen, Bisciotti, and Allen, we have a Snyder, Johnson, Haslam, Ford, and Brown.

The things shared in common by the worst owners include putting out an awful or subpar product, constant losing seasons, constant interference in the team’s football operations (with some being their own GMs, and is made worse if they don’t know anything about football), alienating their longtime fans, clashing with the coaches or players, having a toxic work environment, and others. Guess who makes that list? The clown himself Khan.

Shad Khan is slowly going to the worst list. Only 1 season of success due to hiring the wrong people and holding them too long, and also hiring Urban Meyer LMAO!!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 09:19 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-08-2022, 12:46 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: watch the video,and you will see. UCF never said Khan was ready to fire Balke. he even menttionted its probbley wishful thinking,and it would be nice if he did. also said a lot of jags fans don't like Trent Balke.  Hes not only problom with Jags though. 

Khan needs to sell the team to a person with football knowdelge.

We need more posts with “spelling” knowledge. I can get past the grammatical issues.

Shahid Khan just spent a record amount of money in free agency to jumpstart this team, hired a superbowl winning coach who is universally loved among fans, has kept his word about his commitment to Jacksonville despite so many idiots doubting him for no reason, has poured funding into developing downtown Jacksonville, has fostered the growth of multiple new businesses in Jacksonville adding jobs and fostering the local economy, and we still have clowns tripping over their own genitals in a rush the bash the guy.

It's pitiful.

He is very guilty of hiring the wrong people to run his football team repeatedly.
And that's it.

Right now the team seems in a much, much better place with the only question marks hovering around the GM and the defensive coordinator.

The struggles of the team this season originally centered around the offense and now are firmly centered around the defense.
How much of it is  about missing talent and how much is due to scheme and defensive coaching is unknown, but they are both an issue. How fans are watching that development and turning it into hate for the owner is a total mystery.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 12:14 AM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 4 times in total.)

(12-08-2022, 11:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Shahid Khan just spent a record amount of money in free agency to jumpstart this team, hired a superbowl winning coach who is universally loved among fans, has kept his word about his commitment to Jacksonville despite so many idiots doubting him for no reason, has poured funding into developing downtown Jacksonville, has fostered the growth of multiple new businesses in Jacksonville adding jobs and fostering the local economy, and we still have clowns tripping over their own genitals in a rush the bash the guy.

It's pitiful.

He is very guilty of hiring the wrong people to run his football team repeatedly.
And that's it.

Right now the team seems in a much, much better place with the only question marks hovering around the GM and the defensive coordinator.

The struggles of the team this season originally centered around the offense and now are firmly centered around the defense.
How much of it is  about missing talent and how much is due to scheme and defensive coaching is unknown, but they are both an issue. How fans are watching that development and turning it into hate for the owner is a total mystery.

Dude lets get real. At the end of the day the results are what matters.  Khan has one season at .500 or better since owning the team. Khan is good at building swimming pools and big Screens but does not have the know how to run a successful football operation. A real owner would fire Trent Baalke when you consider the amount of firepower he had going into this season. I can almost guarantee that Khan will take little to no action basing it on his past. Dave Caldwell had losing season after losing season while we only got excuses about it. Gus had years to run his ice cream buffet here. Shad does not know how to get the right personal in place. He can sell car parts but a football team is out of his realm.

I personally would rather see a new owner and take my chances with the team moving. I want an owner who knows how to hire the right personal to obtain a decent football team.Khan is too loyal letting losers run the franchise pushing us back years. We need a guy who can see things are not working and make the hard choice to fire personal when needed.  I for one and so sick of seeing this team lose year in and year out under Khans leadership. The one thing this team has been consistent with under Shad is Losing. Facts are facts lets cut the bs.

(12-09-2022, 12:09 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 11:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Shahid Khan just spent a record amount of money in free agency to jumpstart this team, hired a superbowl winning coach who is universally loved among fans, has kept his word about his commitment to Jacksonville despite so many idiots doubting him for no reason, has poured funding into developing downtown Jacksonville, has fostered the growth of multiple new businesses in Jacksonville adding jobs and fostering the local economy, and we still have clowns tripping over their own genitals in a rush the bash the guy.

It's pitiful.

And that's it.

Dude lets get real. At the end of the day the results are what matters.  Khan has one season at .500 or better since owning the team. Khan is good at building swimming pools and big Screens but does not have the know how to run a successful football operation. A real owner would fire Trent Baalke when you consider the amount of firepower he had going into this season. I can almost guarantee that Khan will take little to no action basing it on his past. Dave Caldwell had losing season after losing season while we only got excuses about it. Gus had years to run his ice cream buffet here.

I personally would rather see a new owner and take my chances with the team moving. I want an owner who knows how to hire the right personal to obtain a decent football team.Khan is too loyal letting losers run the franchise pushing us back years. We need a guy who can see things are not working and make the hard choice to fire personal when needed.  I for one and so sick of seeing this team lose year in and year out under Khans leadership. The one thing this team has been consistent with under Shad is Losing. Facts are facts lets cut the bs.

Yes - Let's get real

Results matter and teams in this league go through much worse droughts than the Jags are enduring  - and the Jags are currently on an improving path anyway. 

Many owners don't how to run a football team and many of them didn't figure out how to hire the right people to do it immediately either. We are no different. 

A real owner is doesn't bend to the half-informed, petulant whims of fans about team management. They evaluate on their own schedule. Especially when the results of the management in question are still playing out in front of our eyes and are yet undetermined. Unless you are so impatient and short sighted that you think the 2022 draft is all busts. 

The facts, as they are, is that all you are doing is blaming the wrong person. Khan has failed to hire the right combination of manager and coach for several years, but he now has the coach in place and we may not know for some time if he has a worthy GM paired with him. I'll wait another year for that to play out, because we finally have a QB, we finally have a coach and many of Baalke's moves have worked out fine. You go ahead and jump the shark in blaming the wrong people prematurely. 

I'll keep a calm head about it.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 12:33 AM by OG-JAGFAN.)

(12-09-2022, 12:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 12:09 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Dude lets get real. At the end of the day the results are what matters.  Khan has one season at .500 or better since owning the team. Khan is good at building swimming pools and big Screens but does not have the know how to run a successful football operation. A real owner would fire Trent Baalke when you consider the amount of firepower he had going into this season. I can almost guarantee that Khan will take little to no action basing it on his past. Dave Caldwell had losing season after losing season while we only got excuses about it. Gus had years to run his ice cream buffet here.

Yes - Let's get real

Results matter and teams in this league go through much worse droughts than the Jags are enduring  - and the Jags are currently on an improving path anyway. 

Many owners don't how to run a football team and many of them didn't figure out how to hire the right people to do it immediately either. We are no different. 

A real owner is doesn't bend to the half-informed, petulant whims of fans about team management. They evaluate on their own schedule. Especially when the results of the management in question are still playing out in front of our eyes and are yet undetermined. Unless you are so impatient and short sighted that you think the 2022 draft is all busts. 

The facts, as they are, is that all you are doing is blaming the wrong person. Khan has failed to hire the right combination of manager and coach for several years, but he now has the coach in place and we may not know for some time if he has a worthy GM paired with him. I'll wait another year for that to play out, because we finally have a QB, we finally have a coach and many of Baalke's moves have worked out fine. You go ahead and jump the shark in blaming the wrong people prematurely. 

I'll keep a calm head about it.
Come on dude. We have been on this ride several times and can see the train wreck coming. Most knew after year 2 gus was not the guy and Shad gave him 2 more years. Most knew Dave was not the guy after 3-4 years and Shad gave him 7. 

He has been evaluating on his own schedule. The results show that is not working. There is not a reason anyone sensible should trust his football knowledge to begin with at this point. I do not have confidence Shad will get us a consistent winner here. It's not jumping the shark when we have seen this same show too many times.

Tge time to win is now while the QB is on his rookie deal. If Baalke gets another season to blow it we are in a hole. After that we are paying the QB 9 figures and trying to rebuild from Baalke's mess.

Imo a bad owner is one that doesn't open their wallet. Many of these owners don't know about football, they just luck up and get the right VP, HC, and GM.

It really seems to be a crap shoot, and the caps just haven't been in our favor.

I often think of the Bill Cower situation. Many forget that he was about to be fired and then Big Ben happened and he won a superbowl.

The Jags haven't had a good QB since Brunnell. Without a elite qb or at least a very good qb...you're going to suck. Unless you have like a top 5 defense. It's no wonder that the Jags have sucked. We haven't had a very good qb, much less a great one, and we had years of not being able to get even decent WRs. That equals no offense.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 04:19 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-09-2022, 02:05 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Imo a bad owner is one that doesn't open their wallet. Many of these owners don't know about football, they just luck up and get the right VP, HC, and GM.

It really seems to be a crap shoot, and the caps just haven't been in our favor.

I often think of the Bill Cower situation. Many forget that he was about to be fired and then Big Ben happened and he won a superbowl.

The Jags haven't had a good QB since Brunnell. Without a elite qb or at least a very good qb...you're going to suck. Unless you have like a top 5 defense. It's no wonder that the Jags have sucked. We haven't had a very good qb, much less a great one, and we had years of not being able to get even decent WRs. That equals no offense.

Exactly, the jags owner spends money on players and other important things. No way is he a bad owner. The only thing is that he gives a long leash to his employees. Is that bad? Well, that one thing isn't enough to label him a bad owner. Hes a good owner. In fact, he has the right head coach now. Next, he might and most likely SHOULD find a better gm. Maybe coach Pederson can point him in the right direction of a gm they can both work with.

Shad Kahn is not a bad owner. As a long time Mets fan who had to endure the Wilpons, I promise you he is not a bad owner.

Donald Sterling, Marge Schott, George Preston Marshall, etc.

There is a glaring difference between "least successful" and "worst".