Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cap space for next season…

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-28-2023, 09:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/16...5783715840

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 09:28 AM by Mikey.)

(02-27-2023, 09:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(02-27-2023, 07:26 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Nothing says quality offensive linemen like $2m dollars does.... LOLOLOLOLOLOL

That's all it takes boys, $2m.

$2 million could be the difference between getting a quality lineman or getting Trevor's knee blown out settling for someone cheaper.

I guess I overestimated your ability to understand the basics of what I was discussing, my bad.

If we need $2M to sign that guy that is going to make or break our line, I promise you that the FO will be able to find a way to unearth those dollars.

I guess this is at least a change of pace, usually we are wringing hands over MUCH more serious concerns with this team's direction. Thank goodness those days appear to be behind us.

(02-28-2023, 02:50 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: is there any shot in hades we land Hargrave?

If he's cool to play for Beathard money?

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 10:02 AM by ATLjag. Edited 2 times in total.)

Oluokun, RRH, Kirk, ZJones, and Scherff moves have presumably saved in the neighborhood of $41m in cap space this year.

I am surprised we haven't seen anything in regards to Griffin. $4.5m of his 2023 $11.5m base salary becomes guaranteed, in addition he receives a $1m roster bonus, all on 3/17. As a reminder, he has a $17.1m cap hit in 2023, with a $4m dead cap (unamortized signing bonus) if released before 3/17. A sticking point in a decision with him is that the $4.5m of guaranteed salary on 3/17 is also guaranteed for injury. As he is still recovering from back surgery, the Jags may be stuck with the additional $4.5m in salary guarantee, regardless of the 3/17 date.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 10:23 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Baalke working his magic. Good. That's what he's getting paid to do. If they end up resigning Engram, Key and Taylor I would say this is easily one of the best off season achievements we've seen in back-to-back years in Jacksonville. It's rare we see this type of stuff happen here.

Primes them to do a number of things in the draft now. Can trade back, can maybe even move up and swing for the fences for a big name player. Just depends. Excited so far though with all of this wheeling and dealing.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Baalke is dat boi

(02-28-2023, 10:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Baalke working his magic. Good. That's what he's getting paid to do. If they end up resigning Engram, Key and Taylor I would say this is easily one of the best off season achievements we've seen in back-to-back years in Jacksonville. It's rare we see this type of stuff happen here.

Primes them to do a number of things in the draft now. Can trade back, can maybe even move up and swing for the fences for a big name player. Just depends. Excited so far though with all of this wheeling and dealing.

Baalke seems to be doing a great job and maybe he actually learned/matured as a GM after his time in SF. It looked like it was his way or the highway in SF but now, maybe he is listening to other people.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 11:54 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(02-28-2023, 11:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 10:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Baalke working his magic. Good. That's what he's getting paid to do. If they end up resigning Engram, Key and Taylor I would say this is easily one of the best off season achievements we've seen in back-to-back years in Jacksonville. It's rare we see this type of stuff happen here.

Baalke seems to be doing a great job and maybe he actually learned/matured as a GM after his time in SF. It looked like it was his way or the highway in SF but now, maybe he is listening to other people.

Agreed. It appears that the big difference is that Baalke and Pederson listen to each other, understand and respect each other's strengths and differences, and agree to defer based on who is better at what. Just like any good relationship should be. It didn't appear that there was much of that going on in SF with Harbaugh, just a lot of headbutting and ego power trips.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 12:35 PM by TownCenterJag. Edited 1 time in total.)

We’ve come a long way from Urban and clown make up.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 01:42 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Wow, very nice getting that cap space. Now let’s make it count. Im watching the coach pederson press conference at the combine, and he’s talking about the off season along with other things. Interesting

We on the up boys & girls.

Our window is opening and we are going for it.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 03:22 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Let’s go jags. Can’t wait for the draft already. 57 days to go

So were in the black by $13 mil and not over by 26 anymore? And thats with still haven’t made a move with Griffin?

(02-28-2023, 03:42 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: So were in the black by $13 mil and not over by 26 anymore?  And thats with still haven’t made a move with Griffin?

Pretty much.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-28-2023, 09:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/16...5783715840

Will be interested to see what the contracts look like now.  That cap savings is too high for just simple conversion of base salary to bonus spread over remainder of the contract.  That would have been closer to $19M-$20M of savings.  They must have done something else to the contracts to push even more money into future cap.  Maybe added voidable years beyond the original contract end date.

(02-28-2023, 03:42 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: So were in the black by $13 mil and not over by 26 anymore?  And thats with still haven’t made a move with Griffin?

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...5841382400

He also said in a follow-up tweet that it doesn't include the Beathard and Hasty contracts.  Ridley will count for about 11 mil, not sure what the cap hit will be for the other 3.

(02-28-2023, 09:45 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Oluokun, RRH, Kirk, ZJones, and Scherff moves have presumably saved in the neighborhood of $41m in cap space this year. 

I am surprised we haven't seen anything in regards to Griffin.  $4.5m of his 2023 $11.5m base salary becomes guaranteed, in addition he receives a $1m roster bonus, all on 3/17.  As a reminder, he has a $17.1m cap hit in 2023, with a $4m dead cap (unamortized signing bonus) if released before 3/17.  A sticking point in a decision with him is that the $4.5m of guaranteed salary on 3/17 is also guaranteed for injury.  As he is still recovering from back surgery, the Jags may be stuck with the additional $4.5m in salary guarantee, regardless of the 3/17 date.

That meas if u wait till 3/16 you give him two more weeks to pass a physical and see if anyone might give u some conditional best buy coupons or a movie pass to be named later.

We have 2 good Cornerbacks. Really need that slot cb.

(03-01-2023, 07:41 AM)Jag88 Wrote: We have 2 good Cornerbacks. Really need that slot cb.

Can draft this position and fill it in. Riley Moss out of Iowa or Trey Dean III out of Florida would be ideal candidates in RD4 for this role specifically. 

Plus they have those two rookies from last year I think. Maybe one of them elevates themselves this summer. That's always a possibility. Gregory Junior and Montaric Brown. I think they're both on the active roster.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."