Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 08:00 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-02-2023, 11:42 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 06:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: They need to nip that [BLEEP] in the bud. Dude is a cancer in the locker room and on the field. I don't want to ever see him in a Jags uniform again. Ever.

Here's an article that seems to do so.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/2023...dianapolis

I love this quote in that article:  

AFC Defensive Coach: The running back [Travis Etienne] is annoying as hell to defend.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-02-2023, 06:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 12:53 PM)Newton Wrote: Why is the media still talking about Ramsey coming home? I guess it would make a nice narrative for them. Seems close to zero percent chance. He has likely lost a step and is overpriced, not to mention the attitude issues.

They need to nip that [BLEEP] in the bud. Dude is a cancer in the locker room and on the field. I don't want to ever see him in a Jags uniform again. Ever.

Adam Schein's article on nfl.com said "the Jags fanbase would welcome him back with open arms"

Bro, [BLEEP] that noise. No we wouldn't.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-03-2023, 04:56 AM)Ordar Wrote: Man if we could get literally anything for Griffin it would be incredible.

Does anyone know if his dead money hit changes if he gets traded rather than released?

0 guaranteed, so all we're taking as a hit is his prorated bonus

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 09:40 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-02-2023, 08:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/jfowlerespn/status/1...915L-t18Xg

Unbelievable how he fell off last season. Hmm pro bowler? Didn’t remember that lol

By the way, coach pederson is one of those rare coaches who could handle a Ramsey. I know everyone hates Ramsey around here, but he was a very good player for us previously.

(03-03-2023, 07:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 11:42 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Here's an article that seems to do so.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/2023...dianapolis

I love this quote in that article:  

AFC Defensive Coach: The running back [Travis Etienne] is annoying as hell to defend.
Yeah. Saw that too and cracked a grin. He'll be better this season coming up having finally had a full year under his belt.

Hopefully an upgrade or two along the line further enables him to flourish.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 01:44 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-03-2023, 01:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 07:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I love this quote in that article:  

Yeah. Saw that too and cracked a grin. He'll be better this season coming up having finally had a full year under his belt.

Hopefully an upgrade or two along the line further enables him to flourish.

We will see so many more runs like that one against the tinhorns (where he got past the 1st level and then just outran the entire 2nd and 3rd levels to the house) if we can just get him some better run blocking. Unlike 4net who rarely got past the 2nd and 3rd level without contact.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 06:08 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-03-2023, 05:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/eazyengram/status/16...915L-t18Xg

It is. BUT... the other reality is that there are simply not very many guys built like HIM. You have a [BLEEP] ton of exceptional slot receivers in the NFL because it's just the trend. It's hard finding TE's like him. Even when you go back and look throughout every decade. You don't see all 32 teams with a guy like Shannon Sharpe, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, etc. 

It feels like it's always been the case. If you look at today's top TE's, most people only focus on the receiving aspect of it. Which is a very limited club for the most part. You have Kelce, Kittle & Andrews. That's about it. Engram, much like Pitts in Atlanta. These guys get drafted highly but never live up to the top billing they had or they end up being very spotty throughout their careers instead of consistently good.

Same rules applied ten years ago. You had Gronkowski, Gates and Graham for awhile. Then it's just a bunch of mid tier guys. There's a price for those guys to pay though. While it's a gift being a little bit bigger and faster than everybody else? It's also a curse because it makes you a big [BLEEP] target and you're going to take hits that most guys don't take. It's a little unfair. However, for every guy like him you just have a guy with bricks for hands out there that just blocks at his position.

I am confident though that Engram gets what he's due. In fairness to this team and Baalke. They DID offer him a multi year deal last year. Would be interesting to see what that offer was on paper.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Free agency seems a bit weaker this year. Take away all the obvious re-signs. As far as throwing some money at one player, Ben Powers would be an idea move for a LG upgrade. Other than that, some other depth signings. Fill other big holes in the draft.

(03-03-2023, 07:41 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Free agency seems a bit weaker this year. Take away all the obvious re-signs. As far as throwing some money at one player, Ben Powers would be an idea move for a LG upgrade. Other than that, some other depth signings. Fill other big holes in the draft.

I agree.Really interested and intrigued by how our draft will go.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(03-03-2023, 06:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 05:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/eazyengram/status/16...915L-t18Xg

It is. BUT... the other reality is that there are simply not very many guys built like HIM. You have a [BLEEP] ton of exceptional slot receivers in the NFL because it's just the trend. It's hard finding TE's like him. Even when you go back and look throughout every decade. You don't see all 32 teams with a guy like Shannon Sharpe, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, etc. 

It feels like it's always been the case. If you look at today's top TE's, most people only focus on the receiving aspect of it. Which is a very limited club for the most part. You have Kelce, Kittle & Andrews. That's about it. Engram, much like Pitts in Atlanta. These guys get drafted highly but never live up to the top billing they had or they end up being very spotty throughout their careers instead of consistently good.

Same rules applied ten years ago. You had Gronkowski, Gates and Graham for awhile. Then it's just a bunch of mid tier guys. There's a price for those guys to pay though. While it's a gift being a little bit bigger and faster than everybody else? It's also a curse because it makes you a big [BLEEP] target and you're going to take hits that most guys don't take. It's a little unfair. However, for every guy like him you just have a guy with bricks for hands out there that just blocks at his position.

I am confident though that Engram gets what he's due. In fairness to this team and Baalke. They DID offer him a multi year deal last year. Would be interesting to see what that offer was on paper.

We need brake pads, calipers and rotors!  

Kle Pitts had 1k yesterday as a rookie with no qb, May be one of the most gifted te prospects to ever come out of the draft and has elite ball skills for a receiver let alone a TE.  

Engram had 700 yards on a team with a franchise qb and an offensive genius.  

I like him, but please can we have some perspective?

(03-03-2023, 10:30 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 06:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It is. BUT... the other reality is that there are simply not very many guys built like HIM. You have a [BLEEP] ton of exceptional slot receivers in the NFL because it's just the trend. It's hard finding TE's like him. Even when you go back and look throughout every decade. You don't see all 32 teams with a guy like Shannon Sharpe, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, etc. 

We need brake pads, calipers and rotors!  

Kle Pitts had 1k yesterday as a rookie with no qb, May be one of the most gifted te prospects to ever come out of the draft and has elite ball skills for a receiver let alone a TE.  

Engram had 700 yards on a team with a franchise qb and an offensive genius.  

I like him, but please can we have some perspective?
That was in 2021. Pitts fell off a cliff in 2022. Not even close. Despite his rookie outing he also only found the endzone ONCE.

My point is that. The floor and ceiling in the NFL at the TE position is much, much wider and more complex than the WR position in the NFL.

That's why the salary gap is there in the franchise tag market. Because there's really no middle ground. You either have elite receiving tight end's, great blocking tight end's or a frustrated receiver playing in an undersized fullback's body that had a weird growth spurt late.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2023, 04:27 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

We need a secondary. And Trev protection.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2023, 08:35 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Does anyone have any opinion on the offensive guard from the gators? I guess I seen a mock draft where he could get picked by the titans, so I don’t know if he would be around at #24. He’s 6ft5 337. That’s if the jags want to choose a guard.

Anyways, I hope the jags do at least one big move in free agency cap permitting.

(03-04-2023, 08:33 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Does anyone have any opinion on the offensive guard from the gators? I guess I seen a mock draft where he could get picked by the titans, so I don’t know if he would be around at #24. He’s 6ft5 337. That’s if the jags want to choose a guard.

Anyways, I hope the jags do at least one big move in free agency cap permitting.

He's 2nd on who I want at 24 behind Kancey.  The only question they need answered is does he feel comfortable at LG being he played RG.  I wouldn't think he would have a problem making the switch.  I'd also ask Scherff if he would be willing to play LG

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2023, 11:15 AM by Jag88. Edited 5 times in total.)

That would be an amazing offensive line if it worked out.

(03-04-2023, 10:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 08:33 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Does anyone have any opinion on the offensive guard from the gators? I guess I seen a mock draft where he could get picked by the titans, so I don’t know if he would be around at #24. He’s 6ft5 337. That’s if the jags want to choose a guard.

He's 2nd on who I want at 24 behind Kancey.  The only question they need answered is does he feel comfortable at LG being he played RG.  I wouldn't think he would have a problem making the switch.  I'd also ask Scherff if he would be willing to play LG

I mean, if he could truly be counted on to block better than a slot receiver, then maybe he's got a gripe. 

I'm exaggerating, but you get the point. 

The other side of this coin is that many offenses just don't focus on a move TE often and prefer faster slot receivers to the mismatched size but slower speed of a TE. 

Then there are the Andy Reids and Doug Pedersons of the world. 

Sidebar on this - 

For those out there proposing we double down on TE by locking in Engram AND drafting one earlyish: 

If they do that - he'd better be that in line blocking type with some decent or better receiving ability. 
There simply are not enough balls to go around if you've got our top three receivers and Engram out there for the number of passing snaps we anticipate. (Don't forget the RBs receiving targets either) 

Yes Doug P had one year where two of his TEs in Philly combined for 1500 yards - but it was largely due to not having enough good receivers and the ones he had not staying healthy. He just used what was available and they had just hit on Goedert in the 2nd round of the draft the year prior.
 Ertz + Goedert was way effective than a banged up Alshon Jeffrey and Nelson Algholor.

The point is that there is likely wiser use of such draft capital.

(03-03-2023, 07:41 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Free agency seems a bit weaker this year. Take away all the obvious re-signs. As far as throwing some money at one player, Ben Powers would be an idea move for a LG upgrade. Other than that, some other depth signings. Fill other big holes in the draft.

Agree ! I think we can fill those depth holes in the draft.
Jaguar since Day One . . . attended Hall of Fame Preseason Opener.

(02-26-2023, 07:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 12:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like we are setting ourselves up for BPA again.  Love it

It's one less position or role to worry about. I still think they need to find a way to bring in a veteran CB and DE. Patrick Peterson and Brandon Graham (Or, Justin Houston or Chandler Jones) would be on my list right now to pick-up for a year on fair deals. 

Just gives us more breathing room in the draft to address other areas of concern or pushing the burden off of having to backfill the CB and DE positions earlier than expected. Getting any of those guys listed above though also brings on board strong, veteran leadership and presences that can help mentor the younger guys on the roster. 

Walker and Allen could stand to learn a lot from Graham, Houston or Jones while offering impacts opposite of them on the field. Campbell and Williams would easily benefit from Peterson in the secondary.

Between DB and DL, I favor DL regarding a Higher NEED.
Jaguar since Day One . . . attended Hall of Fame Preseason Opener.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2023, 11:02 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-04-2023, 04:48 PM)E.T. Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 07:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's one less position or role to worry about. I still think they need to find a way to bring in a veteran CB and DE. Patrick Peterson and Brandon Graham (Or, Justin Houston or Chandler Jones) would be on my list right now to pick-up for a year on fair deals. 

Just gives us more breathing room in the draft to address other areas of concern or pushing the burden off of having to backfill the CB and DE positions earlier than expected. Getting any of those guys listed above though also brings on board strong, veteran leadership and presences that can help mentor the younger guys on the roster. 

Walker and Allen could stand to learn a lot from Graham, Houston or Jones while offering impacts opposite of them on the field. Campbell and Williams would easily benefit from Peterson in the secondary.

Between DB and DL, I favor DL regarding a Higher NEED.
I would say Isiah Foskey and Antonio Johnson are on Baalke's radar at 24. Tyree Wilson and Lukas Van Ness as well. Kelee Ringo is another name to watch.

RD2 I am thinking they look at IDL. Gervon Dexter or Zaach Pickens wouldn't surprise me if there for us.

RD3 is where they might reach. I am thinking TE there or WR. I don't think they'll go guard nor tackle early. AT Perry, Andrei Iosvias, Sam LaPorta and Zack Kuntz are likely targets.