Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - 2023

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-07-2023, 07:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...406717002/

Makes sense to me. If the team is confident in Robinson and Little playing LT/RT this season and they're able to backfill some depth positions in free agency here shortly it's a good pick. Washington adds Lewis like qualities to the TE room blocking wise while also offering size/speed inside the red zone.

I am on board with this. Having an offense where you run it inside the red zone or have two TE's that compliment each other well is ideal. Could help enable or further isolate openings downfield for Kirk, Ridley and Jones. Allows Etienne more wiggle room and I bet he'll sometimes get lost in the shuffle down there and overlooked defensively.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2023, 10:15 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

I think there is a good chance Witherspoon will be there when we pick. He would be a great addition to the secondary and a enforcer back there. He could take over on the outside as well when Williams contract is up and we can pay Campbell. Out of any player in this draft I think Witherspoon would improve the secondary the most right now, could be an elite slot corner day 1 imo

(03-07-2023, 10:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think there is a good chance Witherspoon will be there when we pick.  He would be a great addition to the secondary and a enforcer back there.  He could take over on the outside as well when Williams contract is up and we can pay Campbell.  Out of any player in this draft I think Witherspoon would improve the secondary the most right now, could be an elite slot corner day 1 imo

It would be really hard for the Jaguars to pass on Witherspoon, Cam Smith or Joey Porter. Ideally, one of these will be available at pick 24. Witherspoon may have dropped slightly due to hamstring issues at the Combine, however falling to 24 is still not likely. I agree with your assessment of him and he'd be filling the team's biggest need right now. 

After his combine performance, Darnell Washington has likely secured a 1st round selection with the possibility of going to the Jaguars. While I understand the excitement, I'd have to pass on him in round 1. I would clearly prefer one of those cornerbacks as well as an offensive lineman or pass rusher in round 1. Chris Manhertz is an excellent complement to Engram due to his blocking and can be re-signed for an affordable amount. The draft is extremely deep at this position and selecting LaPorta or Kraft in round 3 would give Pederson another potential weapon to utilize down the road. Beyond that, Payne Durham, Luke Schoonmaker, Zack Kuntz and Brenton Strange would be excellent additions on day 3.

(03-07-2023, 11:39 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 10:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think there is a good chance Witherspoon will be there when we pick.  He would be a great addition to the secondary and a enforcer back there.  He could take over on the outside as well when Williams contract is up and we can pay Campbell.  Out of any player in this draft I think Witherspoon would improve the secondary the most right now, could be an elite slot corner day 1 imo

It would be really hard for the Jaguars to pass on Witherspoon, Cam Smith or Joey Porter. Ideally, one of these will be available at pick 24. Witherspoon may have dropped slightly due to hamstring issues at the Combine, however falling to 24 is still not likely. I agree with your assessment of him and he'd be filling the team's biggest need right now. 

After his combine performance, Darnell Washington has likely secured a 1st round selection with the possibility of going to the Jaguars. While I understand the excitement, I'd have to pass on him in round 1. I would clearly prefer one of those cornerbacks as well as an offensive lineman or pass rusher in round 1. Chris Manhertz is an excellent complement to Engram due to his blocking and can be re-signed for an affordable amount. The draft is extremely deep at this position and selecting LaPorta or Kraft in round 3 would give Pederson another potential weapon to utilize down the road. Beyond that, Payne Durham, Luke Schoonmaker, Zack Kuntz and Brenton Strange would be excellent additions on day 3.

Agreed.

OL, DB and maybe DL/EDGE in the first two rounds.   I can't see the Jags using one of the first two picks (including $$$) on a TE.     I might be wrong though.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(03-07-2023, 06:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/lance-zierlein-...alcons-dra

I wouldn’t mind it per say, but if it fell out like this I’d rather have Torrence.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-07-2023, 06:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 06:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/lance-zierlein-...alcons-dra

I wouldn’t mind it per say, but if it fell out like this I’d rather have Torrence.

I'd love Torrence and he's probably my 2nd or 3rd choice.  Kancey is still my top guy though.

(03-07-2023, 11:39 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:

I think pass rusher, oline, nickle corner and maybe even safety is a bigger need but if a TE is at the top of our board when we pick we need to take him.  The tag to Engram shouldn't have any barring on if we take a TE in the first or not.  Doug offense could benefit greatly with another great TE.  Also having a guy like Washington is like having another onlineman out there along with the huge target this team is missing.  Washington would alo be a huge benefit to Etienne in the run game and short yardage situations.  With Dougs creativity with the TE position he could cause matchup nightmares fore defenses.  Also what if Engram goes down?  These top TEs should be very in play at 24 depending on how the draft falls

There are so many names in play now that I am losing track. The more I read about the various prospects and your evaluations, the more uncertain I become. Seems like most of them will be great fits. I wonder, though, how would you stack a draft board with the players that are likely to be available when we pick?

(03-08-2023, 09:48 AM)Norseman Wrote: There are so many names in play now that I am losing track. The more I read about the various prospects and your evaluations, the more uncertain I become. Seems like most of them will be great fits. I wonder, though, how would you stack a draft board with the players that are likely to be available when we pick?

1. O'Cyrus Torrence 
2. Isaiah Foskey
3. Darnell Washington
4. Antonio Johnson 
5. Darnell Wright

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Baalke learning of OT Vorhees ACL tear and watching him slide down boards:

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-07-2023, 08:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 11:39 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: It would be really hard for the Jaguars to pass on Witherspoon, Cam Smith or Joey Porter. Ideally, one of these will be available at pick 24. Witherspoon may have dropped slightly due to hamstring issues at the Combine, however falling to 24 is still not likely. I agree with your assessment of him and he'd be filling the team's biggest need right now. 

I think pass rusher, oline, nickle corner and maybe even safety is a bigger need but if a TE is at the top of our board when we pick we need to take him.  The tag to Engram shouldn't have any barring on if we take a TE in the first or not.  Doug offense could benefit greatly with another great TE.  Also having a guy like Washington is like having another onlineman out there along with the huge target this team is missing.  Washington would alo be a huge benefit to Etienne in the run game and short yardage situations.  With Dougs creativity with the TE position he could cause matchup nightmares fore defenses.  Also what if Engram goes down?  These top TEs should be very in play at 24 depending on how the draft falls
So you would be ok with Kincaid at pick 24?

(03-08-2023, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Baalke learning of OT Vorhees ACL tear and watching him slide down boards:

[Image: giphy.gif]

LOL. Hate to say it but I was thinking the same thing when I saw the news. Walker Little 2.0. It wouldn't be a bad pick. Would just require patience as always with guys coming off of ACL injuries.

(03-08-2023, 09:48 AM)Norseman Wrote: There are so many names in play now that I am losing track. The more I read about the various prospects and your evaluations, the more uncertain I become. Seems like most of them will be great fits. I wonder, though, how would you stack a draft board with the players that are likely to be available when we pick?

1. Brian Branch: Average Combine may drop him to 24.

2. Antonio Johnson: Ideal nickel who also can cover tight ends.

3. Calijah Kancey: Almost made him number 1 due to need for interior pass rush. 

4. Isaiah Foskey

5. O'Cyrus Torrence: Poor Combine gives me pause on him. Would be upgrade due to run-blocking skills, however I'd try to sign one of free agents instead. Powers, Seumalu and McGovern would
                              fit well.

I feel our biggest needs are Oline, CB, Edge then interior Dline in that order. That said, if Washington is there at 24 I would be hard pressed not to take him. If one ofr the top CBs are there or maybe Torrence I could see taking one but dang, Washington would be very nice to add to the mix. Now Voorhes in the 3rd would be cool too.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 01:12 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-08-2023, 10:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 08:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think pass rusher, oline, nickle corner and maybe even safety is a bigger need but if a TE is at the top of our board when we pick we need to take him.  The tag to Engram shouldn't have any barring on if we take a TE in the first or not.  Doug offense could benefit greatly with another great TE.  Also having a guy like Washington is like having another onlineman out there along with the huge target this team is missing.  Washington would alo be a huge benefit to Etienne in the run game and short yardage situations.  With Dougs creativity with the TE position he could cause matchup nightmares fore defenses.  Also what if Engram goes down?  These top TEs should be very in play at 24 depending on how the draft falls
So you would be ok with Kincaid at pick 24?

I want to see what he does at his Pro day.  Right now I have Washington and Mayer over him though.  I really like Musgrave as well.

I hope we do take Vorhees in the mid rounds

(03-08-2023, 12:02 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

1. Brian Branch: Average Combine may drop him to 24.

4. Isaiah Foskey

5. O'Cyrus Torrence: Poor Combine gives me pause on him. Would be upgrade due to run-blocking skills, however I'd try to sign one of free agents instead. Powers, Seumalu and McGovern would
                              fit well.

It's interesting you pointed this out with Torrence. PFN has him dropping down to the 2nd round now with the Bears getting him just three picks ahead of us where we also end up drafting an offensive tackle. 

I don't mind the 40 time considering his position and size overall. Not sure where his 23 reps on the bench stack with other prospects over the years. NextGen still gives him the benefit of the doubt though. If you put stock into that I guess.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 01:48 PM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Who is this Dalton Kincaid kid out of Utah?  You guys keep talking about Washington as the pick but Kincaid would be a steal in the 3rd round (if he last that long).

Dalton Kincaid had a better showing at the combine...and is a better receiver.  I guess we'd want to spend a high pick on Washington because he's a great run blocker?

Also...

Andrew Voorhees out of USC...tore his ACL...but would be behind Ben Barch and Shatley this year anyway.    I'd take a chance on him if he's on the board in the 4th/5th round.   Good talent for the future.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 04:04 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-08-2023, 01:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 12:02 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: 1. Brian Branch: Average Combine may drop him to 24.

4. Isaiah Foskey

fit well.

It's interesting you pointed this out with Torrence. PFN has him dropping down to the 2nd round now with the Bears getting him just three picks ahead of us where we also end up drafting an offensive tackle. 

I don't mind the 40 time considering his position and size overall. Not sure where his 23 reps on the bench stack with other prospects over the years. NextGen still gives him the benefit of the doubt though. If you put stock into that I guess.
Yeah, Torrence combine doesn't change my opinion on him.  He's a 330+ G so he's not going to be that athletic.  His combine actually wasn't that bad, it was average.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?Pl...vl=Combine

Here is Orlando Browns for comparison and I didnt let scare me off. He's just a big tackle that I knew wasn't very athletic

https://ras.football/2020/01/13/orlando-brown-ras/?amp