Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(03-10-2023, 10:46 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 10:40 AM)Caldrac Wrote: You're right. Always got them mixed up. For some reason I feel like they were one in the same. Dakota was laidback. We've lost a lot of good people over the years. Was it Woodstock maybe from Charlie Brown for another poster?

Sucks not seeing FBT around here anymore. I know he's still alive and kicking but he was a hell of a poster. Always found his takes interesting. When I joined here in 2005 I was just a snot nosed 16 year old and I remembered going back and forth with him about YAC with Plaxico Burress in the market. 

Alfie was fun to get after too, we got into it about defense not winning Championships anymore, which, at the time, wasn't true. This was during days where Baltimore, New England and Pittsburgh were wrecking shop defensively still and causing all kinds of TD's and turnovers. 

TMD was always fun to rib. DM13 is probably a guy most people don't remember but he was interesting with some of his takes.

TMD is still shouting at clouds on Twitter I believe

JW was always one I could never figure out if it was a schtick or actually her. My leg concussion still isn't healed.

I wonder if TMD passes away as well.  I just went to his Twitter and he hasn't posted anything since 2018

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man.... so many memories from the board back then.
TMD, FBT, Pirkster, Alfie...
Some of my first message board arguments ever were with those guys.

(03-10-2023, 11:08 AM)Kane Wrote: Man.... so many memories from the board back then.

Yep. Good times. Fargin humbled me early. Always respected that. I was gloating about some teenage nonsense at some point and he mentioned something along the lines of showing humility.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

For the record, Utopia and Dakota were the same poster. He changed his poster name when his beloved dog passed to honor him (Dakota). Yes, he and 02 would have liked the direction the team is taking, but both might have been a bit cautious because we've been at the doorstep before.

Some of the old crew didn't make it to the new board. I joined the old board in 2008, and signed off with it when it left. When I came back a couple years ago, most of the regulars had made also made it back. Gabe, Deacon, Erasergirl and Minorcan have stopped in for a second and left but I hadn't seen Bill, Shag, Dave PDP, or Jonesy. Bjorn, IMT, Cowboy split before the new board. I miss sideline TMD a bit, main board TMD not at all. Can you imagine how many more dumb Baalke takes we would have had to sift through if he were still around?

Back on topic, the Jags are more than just one player away. It's going to take a home run in free agency and 2 draft picks panning out with the rest of the starters at least standing pat to get to 10 wins next year. I like what the team did with Engram. The receiver corps seems set and I like our QB and special teams. Every other corps - DB, LB, OL, DL, RBs - could be upgraded with a guy or 2.

Winning the division is the immediate goal but the popular view is that this division sucks. It's a luxury to think this way; that we need to be better than just the colts, tacks and texans. Nice to be going into FA and the draft with a little less anxiety.

(03-10-2023, 12:01 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: For the record, Utopia and Dakota were the same poster.  He changed his poster name when his beloved dog passed to honor him (Dakota).  Yes, he and 02 would have liked the direction the team is taking, but both might have been a bit cautious because we've been at the doorstep before.

Some of the old crew didn't make it to the new board.  I joined the old board in 2008, and signed off with it when it left.  When I came back a couple years ago, most of the regulars had made also made it back.  Gabe, Deacon, Erasergirl and Minorcan have stopped in for a second and left but I hadn't seen Bill, Shag, Dave PDP, or Jonesy.  Bjorn, IMT, Cowboy split before the new board.  I miss sideline TMD a bit, main board TMD not at all.  Can you imagine how many more dumb Baalke takes we would have had to sift through if he were still around?

Back on topic, the Jags are more than just one player away.  It's going to take a home run in free agency and 2 draft picks panning out with the rest of the starters at least standing pat to get to 10 wins next year.  I like what the team did with Engram.  The receiver corps seems set and I like our QB and special teams.  Every other corps - DB, LB, OL, DL, RBs - could be upgraded with a guy or 2. 

Winning the division is the immediate goal but the popular view is that this division sucks.  It's a luxury to think this way; that we need to be better than just the colts, tacks and texans.  Nice to be going into FA and the draft with a little less anxiety.

I knew it. Thanks for clarifying with Dakota / Utopia. 

I forgot about Minorcan! I remember asking if they were actually "Minorcan" or "Menorcan". Since I have family ties in St. Augustine here in Florida I have old Menorcan/Minorcan heritage. That stood out to me on here for awhile. 

Where is DragonFury (DF) at? Is he still lingering around here? Our good friend from the red light district I believe. I agree with you as well. We're not a player or two away yet. This is the time to keep building around Lawrence and shoring up the back half of the roster to remain competitive in the next two, three years when some of these contracts are expiring from 2022. 

We do appear to have the best QB, best TE, best WR group and coaching group at the moment in this division though. And as long as we can win this division we should be able to consistently hit that 4th seed at the minimum and maybe luck out in the post season. 

Still believe in starting with the trenches. Get your lineman up to par at protecting our QB and attacking our opponent's QB and we're going to be golden I feel like at least 7 or 8 times out of 10.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-10-2023, 11:08 AM)Kane Wrote: Man.... so many memories from the board back then.

Alfie actually got interviewed on the local news a few times.  Genuinely a good dude.  The others were basically anonymous.  They could be funny at times, but also liked to troll and flame a bit too much.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-10-2023, 01:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Alfie actually got interviewed on the local news a few times.  Genuinely a good dude.  The others were basically anonymous.  They could be funny at times, but also liked to troll and flame a bit too much.

He was (is?) one of the main guys at BCC so that makes sense
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-10-2023, 12:43 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 12:01 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: For the record, Utopia and Dakota were the same poster.  He changed his poster name when his beloved dog passed to honor him (Dakota).  Yes, he and 02 would have liked the direction the team is taking, but both might have been a bit cautious because we've been at the doorstep before.

Some of the old crew didn't make it to the new board.  I joined the old board in 2008, and signed off with it when it left.  When I came back a couple years ago, most of the regulars had made also made it back.  Gabe, Deacon, Erasergirl and Minorcan have stopped in for a second and left but I hadn't seen Bill, Shag, Dave PDP, or Jonesy.  Bjorn, IMT, Cowboy split before the new board.  I miss sideline TMD a bit, main board TMD not at all.  Can you imagine how many more dumb Baalke takes we would have had to sift through if he were still around?

Back on topic, the Jags are more than just one player away.  It's going to take a home run in free agency and 2 draft picks panning out with the rest of the starters at least standing pat to get to 10 wins next year.  I like what the team did with Engram.  The receiver corps seems set and I like our QB and special teams.  Every other corps - DB, LB, OL, DL, RBs - could be upgraded with a guy or 2. 

Winning the division is the immediate goal but the popular view is that this division sucks.  It's a luxury to think this way; that we need to be better than just the colts, tacks and texans.  Nice to be going into FA and the draft with a little less anxiety.

I knew it. Thanks for clarifying with Dakota / Utopia. 

I forgot about Minorcan! I remember asking if they were actually "Minorcan" or "Menorcan". Since I have family ties in St. Augustine here in Florida I have old Menorcan/Minorcan heritage. That stood out to me on here for awhile. 

Where is DragonFury (DF) at? Is he still lingering around here? Our good friend from the red light district I believe. I agree with you as well. We're not a player or two away yet. This is the time to keep building around Lawrence and shoring up the back half of the roster to remain competitive in the next two, three years when some of these contracts are expiring from 2022. 

We do appear to have the best QB, best TE, best WR group and coaching group at the moment in this division though. And as long as we can win this division we should be able to consistently hit that 4th seed at the minimum and maybe luck out in the post season. 

Still believe in starting with the trenches. Get your lineman up to par at protecting our QB and attacking our opponent's QB and we're going to be golden I feel like at least 7 or 8 times out of 10.

What about the little hottie Carly that used to post?  She left too

(03-10-2023, 01:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:

They were/are all strong personalities. Don't know them personally to say they are good people or not but looking back they all had very solid football takes and opinions sometimes. And when I got flamed I probably hated it but they were right more often than I was in retrospect.

We probably don’t have the best RB in the division because of Taylor and Henry but Etienne is right there with them going into his 2nd healthy season. Etienne could be the 2nd best back in the south if Henry falls off or gets traded.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 02:33 PM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

(03-10-2023, 01:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 12:43 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I knew it. Thanks for clarifying with Dakota / Utopia. 

What about the little hottie Carly that used to post?  She left too

Probably got ran off by the sausage fest around here.

(03-10-2023, 01:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We probably don’t have the best RB in the division because of Taylor and Henry but Etienne is right there with them going into his 2nd healthy season. Etienne could be the 2nd best back in the south if Henry falls off or gets traded.

I think Etienne is a Pro-Bowler in 2023. He basically had his rookie year in 2022 and was coming off that foot injury. He also split time with Robinson at least a solid three, four games before he was shipped off to the Jets. The fact that he cracked 1100 yards on the ground and 300 yards through the air is that more impressive IMHO with only 12 true starts to his credit. 

Factoring in some of the turnovers and dropped passes as well, his numbers could have been even higher. I think he's going to be a monster in 2023. I really do. I think he's going to have a 1300+ yard rushing, 500+ yard receiving type of season in this offense with a more comfortable and familiar group of guys coming back in year two. 

Plus the draft class coming. Etienne is the guy to watch in this offense. Just makes me think we should draft Darnell Washington that much more. He can block and seal the edge for Etienne and also set himself up down the stretch for some easy TE screens and red zone block/release type passing plays.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 05:49 PM by Mikey. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: late to the party )

[disregard, anon answered]

(03-10-2023, 10:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 10:40 AM)Caldrac Wrote: You're right. Always got them mixed up. For some reason I feel like they were one in the same. Dakota was laidback. We've lost a lot of good people over the years. Was it Woodstock maybe from Charlie Brown for another poster?

Sucks not seeing FBT around here anymore. I know he's still alive and kicking but he was a hell of a poster. Always found his takes interesting. When I joined here in 2005 I was just a snot nosed 16 year old and I remembered going back and forth with him about YAC with Plaxico Burress in the market. 

Alfie was fun to get after too, we got into it about defense not winning Championships anymore, which, at the time, wasn't true. This was during days where Baltimore, New England and Pittsburgh were wrecking shop defensively still and causing all kinds of TD's and turnovers. 

TMD was always fun to rib. DM13 is probably a guy most people don't remember but he was interesting with some of his takes.

Yeah, Dakota is who I was think of.  HIGH SCORE was good as well.  I wonder if he is around

Y'all should be ashamed for not mentioning scarecrow or Señor Fantástico.

IIRC scarecrow is the reason why CORN must be in every poll.

I should read the whole thread before posting Smile

you have a heckuva recall, some legends in that group.

I made the jump from the old board to the new.
Jags are special to me.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(03-10-2023, 01:36 PM)Kane Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 01:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: Alfie actually got interviewed on the local news a few times.  Genuinely a good dude.  The others were basically anonymous.  They could be funny at times, but also liked to troll and flame a bit too much.

They were/are all strong personalities. Don't know them personally to say they are good people or not but looking back they all had very solid football takes and opinions sometimes. And when I got flamed I probably hated it but they were right more often than I was in retrospect.

I've met a few of them. I got a chance to meet Jags02 when he and his wife came for a game here once. Great guy. Quite a bit different then his personna on the forum but I guess we all are, lol. I met Dakota at a few games, he passed away way too young, but he fought a hard battle against quite a bit of adversity.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I was on the old board too. Gotta say, visually, it was not easy on the eyes.

(03-10-2023, 08:11 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I was on the old board too. Gotta say, visually,  it was not easy on the eyes.

Oh yeah i forgot it used to be like jungle.jaguar.com or some [BLEEP] right?

(03-10-2023, 08:11 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I was on the old board too. Gotta say, visually,  it was not easy on the eyes.

You young whippersnappers.  Way back in 1995, the only Jaguars message board was on AOL, and AOL cost $1 a minute.  Yes, AOL cost $1 a minute.  I was one of the first regulars on that message board.  I think Bullseye might have been there, too.

(03-10-2023, 05:41 PM)Mikey Wrote: [disregard, anon answered]

IIRC scarecrow is the reason why CORN must be in every poll.

ahh….good old “CORN” as a poll option. Man, am I that old??

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-11-2023, 07:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

You young whippersnappers.  Way back in 1995, the only Jaguars message board was on AOL, and AOL cost $1 a minute.  Yes, AOL cost $1 a minute.  I was one of the first regulars on that message board.  I think Bullseye might have been there, too.

Dang, Marty, you're a plank owner.