Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(03-15-2023, 07:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Apparently Jags are in a bidding war with other teams for Slay.

Kinda odd but would obviously welcome Slay.

What's odd about getting one of the best corners in the league?  Link?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Only downside to Slay is that he's 32, which honestly is older than I thought.

(03-15-2023, 06:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...2093873156
i did not see much to get excited from him last year. 
https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...9971096578
some nice developmental pieces there. 

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(03-15-2023, 07:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Only downside to Slay is that he's 32, which honestly is older than I thought.

We would only need him for a year or 2 the we have to pay Campbell

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2023, 08:01 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(03-15-2023, 07:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Apparently Jags are in a bidding war with other teams for Slay.

Where are you seeing this? haven't seen anything outside of Fred Taylor/Campbell trying to recruit him on twitter.

(03-15-2023, 07:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2023, 07:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Only downside to Slay is that he's 32, which honestly is older than I thought.

Well yeah I just meant I wonder how good he still is, just surprised at his age.. time flys.

(03-15-2023, 08:01 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Where are you seeing this? haven't seen anything outside of Fred Taylor/Campbell trying to recruit him on twitter.

(03-15-2023, 07:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We would only need him for a year or 2 the we have to pay Campbell

Well yeah I just meant I wonder how good he still is, just surprised at his age.. time flys.

Probably from a fans tweet having hope lol

(03-15-2023, 08:01 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

(03-15-2023, 07:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We would only need him for a year or 2 the we have to pay Campbell

Dilla (who’s pretty connected) has been hinting/talking about it.

Last I checked, he said the Ravens were the front runners for Slay but teams like the Seahawks and Jags are recruiting hard.

Slay is odd for me because he plays strictly on the outside and Williams isn’t very good in the slot and should also be outside.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2023, 08:29 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-15-2023, 08:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-15-2023, 08:01 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Where are you seeing this? haven't seen anything outside of Fred Taylor/Campbell trying to recruit him on twitter.

Dilla (who’s pretty connected) has been hinting/talking about it.

Last I checked, he said the Ravens were the front runners for Slay but teams like the Seahawks and Jags are recruiting hard.

Slay is odd for me because he plays strictly on the outside and Williams isn’t very good in the slot and should also be outside.
 Slay usually covers the teams best WR, which most of the time is on the outside.  It doesn't mean he can't cover the slot lol.  It's been a few years since Dilla had a inside source. He has no clue what the Ravens and Seahawks are doing lol.  He seen a tweet from from Humphrey.

https://twitter.com/LamarHeisman/status/...20064?s=20

(03-15-2023, 06:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...2093873156

I immediately saw Campbell and Jaguars and thought we got Calais. I was bummed when I actually read the whole thing. Don't know how much he has left in the tank and I wouldn't want to sign him to a huge deal, but it would be fun to have Calais back in Jacksonville. You can never question the dude's heart.

(03-15-2023, 08:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

I immediately saw Campbell and Jaguars and thought we got Calais. I was bummed when I actually read the whole thing. Don't know how much he has left in the tank and I wouldn't want to sign him to a huge deal, but it would be fun to have Calais back in Jacksonville. You can never question the dude's heart.

I couldn't imagine anything better than Calais returning to Jacksonville to get his 100th sack on the way to winning his first Super Bowl! In my opinion, the classiest Jag ever who also happened to have the best season on defense of any Jaguar in history in 2017.

(03-15-2023, 07:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Good point!! We just need better pass rush to capitalize on two shut down corners!!
No Fun

Teams were never in a bidding war. He never even got cut lol

Sheesh smh

I was hoping for Bradberry

Signing Slay would have been a bad signing. But I don't think the Jags were even interested, all fan hype.

(03-15-2023, 08:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

+1

(03-15-2023, 11:41 PM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: Signing Slay would have been a bad signing. But I don't think the Jags were even interested, all fan hype.

Bamboozled again

(03-15-2023, 11:41 PM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: Signing Slay would have been a bad signing. But I don't think the Jags were even interested, all fan hype.
News broke that the Eagles were going to cut Slay with a post June 1st designation. When this news broke, teams started calling his agent to discuss a new deal. Jags were one of them. However, during this time, the Eagles never actually cut him and they got cold feet.

(03-16-2023, 07:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
News broke that the Eagles were going to cut Slay with a post June 1st designation. When this news broke, teams started calling his agent to discuss a new deal. Jags were one of them. However, during this time, the Eagles never actually cut him and they got cold feet.

Perhaps the Eagles decided they could trade him, instead of cutting him?