Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(03-27-2023, 07:47 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 07:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: “Anything we need”

You done done it now buddy. The BAP police are about to come get you.

If the "BPA" is a running back at 24, are we taking him with ETN on the roster? Or if one of the top two qbs dropped?

I feel like someone says this every off season. And how it is failed to be seen but...
Our board will not have a RB as BPA at 24. Our board will likely have few running backs on it. Our needs will dictate the grades and positioning of the board by Trent and Doug. There will be no running back at 24 that is so good of a player that we have to pick him over the best available player of some actual need.
And if Etienne being picked when we had JRob rostered is the counter I'll counter with Etienne is an obvious upgrade at the position, our team was pretty void of talent everywhere and also Meyer was in charge that year so nothing was quite normal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2023, 07:47 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 07:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: “Anything we need”

You done done it now buddy. The BAP police are about to come get you.

I mean I think when you're picking at 24, the value of the players will be close enough to match need. Unless someone drops outta nowhere and is clearly more talented than the rest. 

I think we go Best Available Guard/DB/IDL in round 1. Dosen't matter what order, but there are positions we need to fill. Pure BAP isn't always the right way to go. We're not in rebuild mode. If the "BPA" is a running back at 24, are we taking him with ETN on the roster? Or if one of the top two qbs dropped?

Trading back is always an option, though the historically late picks like 25/26-31 in the 1st round have not yield great results the past few years. I think Lamar is one of the few exceptions.

(03-27-2023, 09:24 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 07:47 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I mean I think when you're picking at 24, the value of the players will be close enough to match need. Unless someone drops outta nowhere and is clearly more talented than the rest. 

I think we go Best Available Guard/DB/IDL in round 1. Dosen't matter what order, but there are positions we need to fill. Pure BAP isn't always the right way to go. We're not in rebuild mode. If the "BPA" is a running back at 24, are we taking him with ETN on the roster? Or if one of the top two qbs dropped?

Trading back is always an option, though the historically late picks like 25/26-31 in the 1st round have not yield great results the past few years. I think Lamar is one of the few exceptions.

I trade back on all my mocks and I get tremendous value.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-27-2023, 09:22 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 07:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: Right.  
Rounds 1-5 we should see 
Two C/G
Two 3-point stance DL
1 CB with slot ability

5 picks, 5 players.  The needs are big enough and obvious enough that any deviation will come with weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I agree those are all needs, but with this supposedly being a great TE and middle round RB class, wouldn't taking one of those positions be reasonable?

If ETN goes down, the team will not win as many games.  But Hasty, Johnson, and Connor are still adequate to get the team to a winning season, as long as the Oline is adequate.  And it wasn't last year.  As for TE, it's better to have a great TE available, but there are lots of game plans out there, winning game plans, with no TE at all.  It's very hard to sustain success on offense with no RB, but much easier to sustain it with no TE.  Oline is more important than both, especially when you have a couple of question marks on the oline.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 11:06 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(03-27-2023, 09:24 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 07:47 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I mean I think when you're picking at 24, the value of the players will be close enough to match need. Unless someone drops outta nowhere and is clearly more talented than the rest. 

I agree, but since theres no way to predict that right now i'm just assuming we staying at 24.

(03-27-2023, 09:22 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 07:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: Right.  
Rounds 1-5 we should see 
Two C/G
Two 3-point stance DL
1 CB with slot ability

5 picks, 5 players.  The needs are big enough and obvious enough that any deviation will come with weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I agree those are all needs, but with this supposedly being a great TE and middle round RB class, wouldn't taking one of those positions be reasonable?

TE's to me are the same as RBs, not touching them in the first round unless it's both a dire need & their almost guranteed to be ELITE. Hundreds of TEs have been drafted over the years, and only 2 or 3 currently active i'd even consider using a first round pick on for their production/value. 

Theres also the fact that I think we all can agree Evan Engram is good enough. We have pressing needs that we need addressed at much more important positions.

https://twitter.com/JoshAllen41_/status/...IzuRg&s=19
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 02:16 PM by Jag88.)

(03-28-2023, 11:38 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: https://twitter.com/JoshAllen41_/status/...IzuRg&s=19

Fingers crossed

Make it so

(03-27-2023, 11:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 09:24 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Trading back is always an option, though the historically late picks like 25/26-31 in the 1st round have not yield great results the past few years. I think Lamar is one of the few exceptions.

I agree, but since theres no way to predict that right now i'm just assuming we staying at 24.

(03-27-2023, 09:22 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I agree those are all needs, but with this supposedly being a great TE and middle round RB class, wouldn't taking one of those positions be reasonable?

TE's to me are the same as RBs, not touching them in the first round unless it's both a dire need & their almost guranteed to be ELITE. Hundreds of TEs have been drafted over the years, and only 2 or 3 currently active i'd even consider using a first round pick on for their production/value. 

Theres also the fact that I think we all can agree Evan Engram is good enough. We have pressing needs that we need addressed at much more important positions.

Was not at all suggesting in the 1st round. Was thinking more rounds 4-6.

Kudos to Baalke for staying out of the first wave of free agency. This is the way we should be operating except for the ocasional difference making signee every few years.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(03-28-2023, 07:22 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Kudos to Baalke for staying out of the first wave of free agency. This is the way we should be operating except for the ocasional difference making signee every few years.

Cap room probably helps making that choice.

If we can sign Calais that would mean so much to this team. We got Smoot coming off an injury and Walker still trying to find his way. At this point in his career he’s not going to have more than 5 sacks, but Josh Allen had his best year as a rookie with Campbell back in 2019.

(03-28-2023, 10:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If we can sign Calais that would mean so much to this team. We got Smoot coming off an injury and Walker still trying to find his way. At this point in his career he’s not going to have more than 5 sacks, but Josh Allen had his best year as a rookie with Campbell back in 2019.

It’s the waiting game now.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2023, 04:01 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Imagine we resign Calais and he just goes ham and has one last elite season of 10+ sacks, helps us win a bowl and then retires and nobody remembers he was ever a cardinal/raven and retires and calls Duuval home.

Can't wait for Calais to be inducted into the HOF one day soon.

we can dream

(03-28-2023, 10:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If we can sign Calais that would mean so much to this team. We got Smoot coming off an injury and Walker still trying to find his way. At this point in his career he’s not going to have more than 5 sacks, but Josh Allen had his best year as a rookie with Campbell back in 2019.
Smoot will be lucky to be cleared to play at all. If the Jags are in the playoffs, they may be able to work him into the last game or two and see if he is ready to play in the playoffs.
(03-29-2023, 01:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote:

It’s the waiting game now.
I think they told him to see what the market is because they only have so much to spend. Then it is up to him to decide to take less money.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(03-28-2023, 05:39 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 11:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I agree, but since theres no way to predict that right now i'm just assuming we staying at 24.

Was not at all suggesting in the 1st round. Was thinking more rounds 4-6.

Oh yeah sure, I'd prefer the first 4 rounds be spent on the IDL/OL personally, but yeah no issues with taking a TE later on. I thought you were one of the guys on the board that is screaming for that Mayer guy at 24. I'm just hoping we can find some guys to improve the trenches, would be key to being better this season.

(03-29-2023, 03:49 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Imagine we resign Calais and he just goes ham and has one last elite season of 10+ sacks, helps us win a bowl and then retires and nobody remembers he was ever a cardinal/raven and retires and calls Duuval home.

Can't wait for Calais to be inducted into the HOF one day soon.

we can dream

And dream we can. I'm on the record of being opposed to bringing Calais back to our Jaguars do My Personal reasonings to which I won't delve into. As it seems, Baalke feels the opposite to which I feel. He, Baalke is wishing/praying that we can sign him again which means that Baalke feels that Calais would be an Good Fit for our D. I pray that this will be so if/when we resign him. My fingers aren't crossed though.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-29-2023, 07:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1641...36161?s=20

Ugh
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2023, 07:52 AM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.facebook.com/83403501/posts/...tid=OEhteG

WELP, Calais didn't want Us like some of Us wanted him. He's chasing a Ring. He signed w/Atlanta.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2023, 08:01 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(03-29-2023, 07:50 AM)NH3 Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/83403501/posts/...tid=OEhteG

WELP,  Calais didn't want Us like some of Us wanted him. He's chasing a Ring. He signed w/Atlanta.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

[Image: blob.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS