Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(04-04-2023, 04:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 04:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is good news. I’ll just accept that Little is the starter and I’m gonna like it by God.
Won't know until the draft finishes up. I still think he's a better LT than RT though. Would really like to see them dump Cam Robinson to a team post draft at this point to get him out of here. His cap hit sucks. As does his durability and play overall. He's not that good.

I wouldn't rule out this team drafting a highly touted LT or RT with the 24th pick on the opening night of the draft just for that reason cited above.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

It's definitely a possibility they could select either Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright with their first pick. The other good possibilities would be Nolan Smith, Deionte Banks and Brian Branch. O'Cyrus Torrence could also be in play despite only being an interior lineman. Can't say I'd hate any of these 6 players. I would definitely have them rated higher on my board than any of the 4 tight ends occasionally projected to the Jags( Mayer, Washington, Kincaid or Musgraves).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-04-2023, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wells isn't a bad depth signing.
Ended last year on IR.
Does anyone know about his injury and recovery time?

Torn Patellar Tendon. Recovery could be anywhere from 6-12 months. He suffered the injury in late December.

(04-04-2023, 06:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wells isn't a bad depth signing.
Ended last year on IR.
Does anyone know about his injury and recovery time?

Torn Patellar Tendon. Recovery could be anywhere from 6-12 months. He suffered the injury in late December.

Not good

Wells is very injury prone.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(04-04-2023, 07:45 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Wells is very injury prone.

As was Fred Taylor.

(04-04-2023, 07:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 06:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Torn Patellar Tendon. Recovery could be anywhere from 6-12 months. He suffered the injury in late December.

Not good

Hard injury to come back from. Medical must be on track at least, otherwise I doubt they would have signed him. Still not going to hold my breath though
https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/statu...3796037633

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2023, 10:17 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-04-2023, 12:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 11:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Herndon trying to cover a receiver or end out of the slot is just as much of a liability as Wingard trying to cover a receiver or end from the SS position. They are both bad in one on one coverage. Don't just make up [BLEEP] to try propping up a crap argument. 

The player who will play in front of Herndon on the depth chart is very, very likely not even on the roster yet. They want a guy behind him that knows the system. This is very normal practice - especially from a staff that preaches continuity like this one. 

You're being willfully obtuse about Herndon making 1 million more than vet minimum to be a backup. 
It is of zero concern to anyone in the organization. I guarantee it.

Personally - I wanted the Jags to find a way to have better depth than both Herndon and Wingard, but you can't fix everything in one offseason when you're only one year removed from the #1 pick. Still building, still filling needs. 
Gotta choose your battles. You're choosing a bad one to nitpick.

I just don't think you fully gurantee a contract for a player who could very well be beat out and cut before the season starts. And under normal circumstances I probably wouldn't care much because of how little his salary is, but when you have next to no cap space I don't see the point. 

Could have very well been the difference in us resigning Calais had we still had that extra 2m, and personally I think even at his age he would have been super beneficial to both Walker and Josh Allen even had he only been here for a season.

The contract being fully guaranteed should be telling you they fully expect him to be on the roster week 1. As others have stated, at the very least he's insurance in case their big board goes a different direction on draft night.

Any ACL people available?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(04-04-2023, 10:15 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 12:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I just don't think you fully gurantee a contract for a player who could very well be beat out and cut before the season starts. And under normal circumstances I probably wouldn't care much because of how little his salary is, but when you have next to no cap space I don't see the point. 

Could have very well been the difference in us resigning Calais had we still had that extra 2m, and personally I think even at his age he would have been super beneficial to both Walker and Josh Allen even had he only been here for a season.

The contract being fully guaranteed should be telling you they fully expect him to be on the roster week 1.  As others have stated, at the very least he's insurance in case their big board goes a different direction on draft night.

Fully guaranteed contracts within situations such as his injury worries me BUT all that matters is that the Jaguar front office sees it. Let's Pray that he recovers Well.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-05-2023, 10:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...er-brewer/

Chandler Brewer is another "Van Lanen" type signing. 
Decent guard prospect that couldn't stick on the roster elsewhere. Hope he fares better than the last attempt there, but odds are not favorable. 

I'm glad we are starting to see a wave of OL depth and camp bodies being added though. 

I hope this also means we'll see a rookie added in the draft somewhere on the line. 
They are amassing plenty of insurance players should a rookie struggle to play solid enough to start immediately.

(04-05-2023, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-05-2023, 10:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...er-brewer/

Decent guard prospect that couldn't stick on the roster elsewhere. Hope he fares better than the last attempt there, but odds are not favorable. 

I'm glad we are starting to see a wave of OL depth and camp bodies being added though. 

I hope this also means we'll see a rookie added in the draft somewhere on the line. 
They are amassing plenty of insurance players should a rookie struggle to play solid enough to start immediately.

Just shows they're going defense in Round 1. The Wells signing takes care of the swing tackle, albeit with one of the worst swing tackles available. I predict they'll take a flier on a right tackle prospect in the middle rounds. I don't think Baalke views O-line as worth first round picks.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2023, 11:43 AM by mikesez.)

(04-05-2023, 11:06 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-05-2023, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Chandler Brewer is another "Van Lanen" type signing. 

Just shows they're going defense in Round 1. The Wells signing takes care of the swing tackle, albeit with one of the worst swing tackles available. I predict they'll take a flier on a right tackle prospect in the middle rounds. I don't think Baalke views O-line as worth first round picks.

Pretty sure everything you just said is wrong, but, we shall see.

(04-05-2023, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Rashawn Jenkins restructure contract
[Image: giphy.gif]

Jaguars restructured Rayshawn Jenkins contract today. Getting $5.1M cap space back for the year. They need to redo Cam Robinson's deal. [BLEEP] is costing us close to $22.1M in cap space and accounts for basically 10% of this year's cap. That is easily Baalke's biggest turd in the teal colored punch bowl.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-06-2023, 10:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Jaguars restructured Rayshawn Jenkins contract today. Getting $5.1M cap space back for the year. They need to redo Cam Robinson's deal. [BLEEP] is costing us close to $22.1M in cap space and accounts for basically 10% of this year's cap. That is easily Baalke's biggest turd in the teal colored punch bowl.

That's nice news.

Gives them all the room they need for the rookie class plus maybe one more vet depth signing. 

It's sort of shaping up so that the Jags will essentially have 20 of 22 starters penciled in with NB being the only place they will have  to count on a rookie to come in ready to start. 

Hopefully they end up having rookies competing for IOL, IDL and maybe EDGE snaps as well. 

It truly is draft and develop season in Duval this year.

-------------------------

also, yes, fingers crossed the Cam contract gets an overhaul as well

(04-06-2023, 10:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 10:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Jaguars restructured Rayshawn Jenkins contract today. Getting $5.1M cap space back for the year. They need to redo Cam Robinson's deal. [BLEEP] is costing us close to $22.1M in cap space and accounts for basically 10% of this year's cap. That is easily Baalke's biggest turd in the teal colored punch bowl.

That's nice news.

Gives them all the room they need for the rookie class plus maybe one more vet depth signing. 

It's sort of shaping up so that the Jags will essentially have 20 of 22 starters penciled in with NB being the only place they will have  to count on a rookie to come in ready to start. 

Hopefully they end up having rookies competing for IOL, IDL and maybe EDGE snaps as well. 

also, yes,  fingers crossed the Cam contract gets an overhaul as well

I think they're making room to sign one of the numerous veteran pass rushers that are still out there unsigned.

Should we assume that them not addressing Cam’s deal indicates he is gone after this season? Wouldn’t it be worse to send Cams dollars into the future if he isn’t on the team?

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2023, 11:09 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-06-2023, 10:42 AM)rufftime Wrote:

Should we assume that them not addressing Cam’s deal indicates he is gone after this season?  Wouldn’t it be worse to send Cams dollars into the future if he isn’t on the team?

No, it wouldn't be worse, because unused cap space can be carried forward to the next season.  So if they move some of Cam's cap hit to next year, and don't use that space, it just zeroes out.

For example, if they create $10 million in cap space this year, by moving $10 million in cap hit to next year, and they don't use that space, they carry forward the $10 million in cap space and use it against the $10 million in cap hit and it's all zeroed out.  

So it has nothing to do with whether Cam is on the team next year or not.  It just has to do with whether they use the space they created.

(04-06-2023, 10:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 10:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's nice news.

also, yes,  fingers crossed the Cam contract gets an overhaul as well

I think they're making room to sign one of the numerous veteran pass rushers that are still out there unsigned.

I hope so. 

A rotational pass rusher and a nickel back are the last two pieces to fill, really.

The more they can do to prevent depending on rookies without proper vet depth - the better.