Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

(05-16-2023, 05:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 05:03 PM)copycat Wrote: Come on Mike, you have roasted Tucker Carlson for knowingly supporting the election fraud dispute.  Yet we have the FBI, the CIA, the DOJ, a sitting president, and nearly the entire MSM supporting a lie that they knew to be a lie that was fabricated by a presidential candidate and your response is “but Trump”. Stop being daft, you know they are not the same.

None of those people knew the information was false at the time.

Let me guess, MSNBC hasn’t mentioned The Durham Report so you still have no idea what anyone is talking about.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-16-2023, 08:45 PM)copycat Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 05:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: None of those people knew the information was false at the time.

Let me guess, MSNBC hasn’t mentioned The Durham Report so you still have no idea what anyone is talking about.

Most likely NPR..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2023, 09:07 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-16-2023, 05:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: None of those people knew the information was false at the time.

I'm well aware that the Durham report came out.  I didn't see that it showed anyone in the FBI or CIA knowingly lied about anything.   Did it?

I don't watch news on TV.

(05-16-2023, 08:53 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 08:45 PM)copycat Wrote: Let me guess, MSNBC hasn’t mentioned The Durham Report so you still have no idea what anyone is talking about.

Most likely NPR..

I might turn on NPR for a few minutes once a week. I get my news from aggregator sites like Reddit, mostly.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-16-2023, 07:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 06:54 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Prove it. Prove they didn’t know.

So they are guilty until I prove them innocent?

Dominion (a private organization) sued Fox and subpoenaed Tucker Carlson's texts, and proved he knew he was telling lies.  We assumed Tucker was innocent, until we had evidence that he wasn't.  

We should assume all newscasters believe what they say, until we have evidence to the contrary.  

If all these folks are lying, and hurting Republicans and hurting Trump, why are none of them getting sued? 

Have you forgotten how many judges Trump appointed?

(05-16-2023, 05:49 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Ha! Not a chance HB. They need to own this.

A man was just convicted a man in NY for a conspiracy against rights for making a meme about the election. The Mikey's and Marty's of the world allow this nonsense and instead prop up governmental corruption because they won't use their eyeballs. Every single person on this board should be calling out the people who continue to support our broken and corrupt government and the institutions that cover for it.

A prosecutor prosecuted a man, the judge held a trial, the man had defense counsel, and a jury agreed with the prosecutor that the man broke the law. 

But you're not mad at the prosecutor, the judge, or the jury.  You're mad at me because I "allow this nonsense."

I don't see you going up there and getting his record expunged.  Did you contribute to his legal expenses? Sounds like you "allow this nonsense" too.

“None of them knew” is a statement of fact, not an opinion. But you really don’t know if they knew anything or not, do you? Everyone knew the Russia thing was a big ol hoax and people keep claiming it like it’s true even now. They lied.
Everyone knew Hunters laptop was out there and they lied about it being Russian disinformation. Stick your head in the sand and mumble “but Trump…” all you want, but the fact is they all lied about it.
They lied about a whole lot of stuff, so no we should not all assume people are telling the truth just because they are on our tv.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2023, 09:34 PM by mikesez.)

(05-16-2023, 09:19 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 07:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: So they are guilty until I prove them innocent?

Dominion (a private organization) sued Fox and subpoenaed Tucker Carlson's texts, and proved he knew he was telling lies.  We assumed Tucker was innocent, until we had evidence that he wasn't.  

We should assume all newscasters believe what they say, until we have evidence to the contrary.  

If all these folks are lying, and hurting Republicans and hurting Trump, why are none of them getting sued? 

Have you forgotten how many judges Trump appointed?

A prosecutor prosecuted a man, the judge held a trial, the man had defense counsel, and a jury agreed with the prosecutor that the man broke the law. 

But you're not mad at the prosecutor, the judge, or the jury.  You're mad at me because I "allow this nonsense."

I don't see you going up there and getting his record expunged.  Did you contribute to his legal expenses? Sounds like you "allow this nonsense" too.

“None of them knew” is a statement of fact, not an opinion. But you really don’t know if they knew anything or not, do you? Everyone knew the Russia thing was a big ol hoax and people keep claiming it like it’s true even now. They lied.
Everyone knew Hunters laptop was out there and they lied about it being Russian disinformation. Stick your head in the sand and mumble “but Trump…” all you want, but the fact is they all lied about it.
They lied about a whole lot of stuff, so no we should not all assume people are telling the truth just because they are on our tv.

I'm only going to address the bolded part, for the sake of moving along.
I never said we should assume they are telling the truth because they are on TV.  
I said we should assume people on TV (or in court, or in a police station) are telling us things that they believe to be true because if they say something false and hurtful that they don't believe, they will be sued (or prosecuted).
Why haven't any of the "victims" named in the Durham probe sued any of the "perps"?

(05-16-2023, 09:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 09:19 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: “None of them knew” is a statement of fact, not an opinion. But you really don’t know if they knew anything or not, do you? Everyone knew the Russia thing was a big ol hoax and people keep claiming it like it’s true even now. They lied.

I'm only going to address the bolded part, for the sake of moving along.
I never said we should assume they are telling the truth because they are on TV.  
I said we should assume people on TV (or in court, or in a police station) are telling us things that they believe to be true because if they say something false and hurtful that they don't believe, they will be sued (or prosecuted).
Why haven't any of the "victims" named in the Durham probe sued any of the "perps"?

So that’s your bar on if something is true or not, suing someone? People sue, or don’t sue for stuff like this for a multitude of reasons. Lack of money being huge one for some people, doesn’t mean wrongdoing didn’t happen.
And there would only be a lawsuit because there is not a snowballs chance in hell any kind of prosecution is going to happen.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2023, 10:34 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-16-2023, 10:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 09:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm only going to address the bolded part, for the sake of moving along.

So that’s your bar on if something is true or not, suing someone? People sue, or don’t sue for stuff like this for a multitude of reasons. Lack of money being huge one for some people, doesn’t mean wrongdoing didn’t happen.
And there would only be a lawsuit because there is not a snowballs chance in hell any kind of prosecution is going to happen.

Let's confine this to the Durham probe and the 2016 election.
Trump and his friends have 99 problems.  Lack of money ain't one.
And we know the man isn't afraid to sue and countersue people.

(05-16-2023, 10:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 10:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So that’s your bar on if something is true or not, suing someone? People sue, or don’t sue for stuff like this for a multitude of reasons. Lack of money being huge one for some people, doesn’t mean wrongdoing didn’t happen.

It wasn’t just one person or entity that was involved in all this. So who does he sue?

(05-17-2023, 01:21 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 10:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: Let's confine this to the Durham probe and the 2016 election.

It wasn’t just one person or entity that was involved in all this. So who does he sue?

He can sue more than one person.  Anyone who knowingly lied would have liability, regardless of ifbthry invented the lie or not.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2023, 09:40 AM by copycat.)

(05-16-2023, 10:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 10:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So that’s your bar on if something is true or not, suing someone? People sue, or don’t sue for stuff like this for a multitude of reasons. Lack of money being huge one for some people, doesn’t mean wrongdoing didn’t happen.

And we know the man isn't afraid to sue and countersue people
Mike you should change your name from Mikesez to ButTrump

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(05-17-2023, 09:40 AM)copycat Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 10:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: Let's confine this to the Durham probe and the 2016 election.
And we know the man isn't afraid to sue and countersue people
Mike you should change your name from Mikesez to ButTrump

ButtRump? Noice.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-17-2023, 10:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 09:40 AM)copycat Wrote: Mike you should change your name from Mikesez to ButTrump

ButtRump? Noice.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10323077]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

This isn't a "but Trump" situation. Re read posts 3,006 and 3,008 and 3,012.

You absolutely have to love Elon.. Dude isn't afraid of the hurt feelings crowd.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1...fQNeQ&s=19

(05-17-2023, 01:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You absolutely have to love Elon.. Dude isn't afraid of the hurt feelings crowd.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1...fQNeQ&s=19

He's refreshing. He's really the reason I decided to give Twitter a try after years and years of not wanting to touch it. I can appreciate the fact that he's unflinching and willing to put his thoughts out there just like this one.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-17-2023, 11:52 AM)mikesez Wrote: This isn't a "but Trump" situation.  Re read posts 3,006 and 3,008 and 3,012.

Correct, but sadly you continue to make it thus.  Again, the CIA, the FBI, the DOJ, a sitting president’s administration colluded with the MSM to push a known fabrication created by a presidential candidate to smear a political foe.  This should draw the ire of every American citizen, yet your response has been “But Trump”.  Sadly your hatred of Trump cannot allow you to grasp the severity of the situation.

(05-17-2023, 08:42 PM)copycat Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 11:52 AM)mikesez Wrote: This isn't a "but Trump" situation.  Re read posts 3,006 and 3,008 and 3,012.

Correct, but sadly you continue to make it thus.  Again, the CIA, the FBI, the DOJ, a sitting president’s administration colluded with the MSM to push a known fabrication created by a presidential candidate to smear a political foe.  This should draw the ire of every American citizen, yet your response has been “But Trump”.  Sadly your hatred of Trump cannot allow you to grasp the severity of the situation.

My response was not "but Trump."
The posts I listed are there and you haven't read them, clearly.
A "but Trump" post would be if you were talking about something bad another politician did, and I said, "but Trump did that too." And I do make those posts.
This is different.  You're saying "All these people lied about Trump" and I'm saying "no they didn't."

(05-17-2023, 08:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 08:42 PM)copycat Wrote: Correct, but sadly you continue to make it thus.  Again, the CIA, the FBI, the DOJ, a sitting president’s administration colluded with the MSM to push a known fabrication created by a presidential candidate to smear a political foe.  This should draw the ire of every American citizen, yet your response has been “But Trump”.  Sadly your hatred of Trump cannot allow you to grasp the severity of the situation.

A "but Trump" post would be if you were talking about something bad another politician did, and I said, "but Trump did that too." And I do make those posts.
This is different.  You're saying "All these people lied about Trump" and I'm saying "no they didn't."

"But Trump" is the bad guy. It's ok, we're used to you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-17-2023, 08:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 08:42 PM)copycat Wrote: Correct, but sadly you continue to make it thus.  Again, the CIA, the FBI, the DOJ, a sitting president’s administration colluded with the MSM to push a known fabrication created by a presidential candidate to smear a political foe.  This should draw the ire of every American citizen, yet your response has been “But Trump”.  Sadly your hatred of Trump cannot allow you to grasp the severity of the situation.

I have read every single post in this thread.  You are saying if they didn’t know they believed what they stated then they were not lying.  You are talking about certain low level individuals, I am countering the powers that be that orchestrated the charade knew it was a lie.  You counter but Russia did attempt to interfere with the election.  Yes they in all likelihood did just like every election since the communists took power but did Trump collude with them?  Zero proof in fact just the opposite yet you continue to push the same narrative.  Let’s play a different game Mike, was the Hunter Laptop story real or a Russian misinformation campaign like the FBI claimed?

(05-17-2023, 09:37 PM)copycat Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 08:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: My response was not "but Trump."

I have read every single post in this thread.  You are saying if they didn’t know they believed what they stated then they were not lying.  You are talking about certain low level individuals, I am countering the powers that be that orchestrated the charade knew it was a lie.  You counter but Russia did attempt to interfere with the election.  Yes they in all likelihood did just like every election since the communists took power but did Trump collude with them?  Zero proof in fact just the opposite yet you continue to push the same narrative.  Let’s play a different game Mike, was the Hunter Laptop story real or a Russian misinformation campaign like the FBI claimed?

Great question!

Let's hear what NPR has to say about it..