Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(07-19-2023, 05:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 01:42 PM)The Drifter Wrote: They just transfered me to a physical rehabilitation facility so..... I may have time to set up a web site with a few pics........ If/when I do, I'll post, I'll post a link here....... but in the meantime, onne more.........

https://yourimageshare.com/ib/JktRJ92pti

Were ya cold, Drift? Hahahaha

Nah, went to my liquor cabinet and saw I was out of Southern Comfort.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Vending Machines Kill More People Each Year Than Sharks Do
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Ramen Noodles Have Overtaken Tobacco As The 'Most Valuable US Prison Commodity'

Incarcerated people in American prisons maintain their own currencies while behind bars. Objects like cigarettes and chocolate typically have higher value because they are harder to come by.

In recent years, a new commodity has emerged as a favorite in prisons: instant ramen noodles. While conducting research into American prisons, sociologist Michael Gibson-Light discovered ramen's unexpected popularity. Gibson-Light shared with NPR, “As one inmate told me: ‘You can tell how good a man’s doing [financially] by how many soups he's got in his locker. Twenty soups? Oh, that guy's doing good!'”

Part of what makes ramen so attractive for incarcerated people is that it is a tasty, shelf-stable alternative to the undesirable food prisons serve.

https://www.ranker.com/list/comfort-food...hsoeuNaj4M

A bad day at work.

https://youtube.com/shorts/nW3PVSMR1XQ?feature=share

(07-18-2023, 12:00 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 11:44 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Them some nice legs, Drift.. 

Is that a moomoo?

No, that's a rainbow patterned sun dress with rainbow fishnets I wore to the pride Festival a few years ago....... I'm not gay (but if you are there is nothing wrong with that) I just hate Guy Clothes...... Always Have, Always Will....... In fact...... up until my current Odyssey began back on April 1st when my lease ran out, (I was working with several agencies for 8 months prior about assistant living), I  was living, dressing,and presenting as female full time for just a little over a year. And as soon as I get set up again somewhere a little more permanant, I'm going back to that

https://yourimageshare.com/ib/XlI26kePPp

This is how I feel about women's clothing. Or at least feminine women's clothing. Give me jeans and t-shirts, my Columbia shorts or hiking pants and a shirt, my Fjallraven Kanken backpack, my barefoot shoes or boots depending on the weather, a sport bra and underwear, and I'm good. I don't need or want frilly, flowers, lace, or any of that business. Heels and pantyhose? That's the devil's work. Lol. When I was in my 20s my dad thought I was bisexual or a closet lesbo because I hated girly clothes. I had to explain to him that I was a tomboy, not a lesbian nor a bisexual, and not all females like girly stuff. He has never been able to wrap his mind around that concept. 

You probably wear women's clothes better than I do!

For all of you golf fans, I'll just leave this here. 

Will you look at that swing. Just look at it. 

https://youtu.be/kzOPGDn5VKE

(07-22-2023, 03:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: For all of you golf fans, I'll just leave this here. 

Will you look at that swing. Just look at it. 

https://youtu.be/kzOPGDn5VKE

I like the way she grips the shaft.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Sorry to unload, I just need somewhere to put it all down on paper. One of my employees died last night, his daughter called the shop and said he just went to sleep and didn't wake up. He only worked for me the last two years but damn its got me messed up. I know we all have expiration dates in 2020 I buried 11 but it was almost like you just expected it that year. This one came out of left field and it scares me. We just worked Saturday he was at the shop Sunday and we talked he sounded great.

It's selfish of me but I can't stop thinking damn is this it? Work 30 to 40 years go to sleep and then die on your day off? He's like me spent his entire life working in the garage, its all guys like us know, but I don't want spend my last day at the shop.

I called the other guys that where off one by one and told them the news, his daughter is going to let us know when the funeral is. That was the worse day called half a dozen guys and telling them on of our guys died. Then dealing with HR and corporate and figuring out the business side of it, when down inside I just wanted to walk off. I felt like just saying it's not worth it, I'm done but I can't.

I'm supposed to be celebrating my son's 16th birthday and I feel like crawling into a hole. This [BLEEP] sucks.

Thanks for letting me vent I don't know where else to do it. I'm the boss, I'm the father, I'm the husband but today I feel like a lost child.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(07-24-2023, 06:24 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Sorry to unload, I just need somewhere to put it all down on paper. One of my employees died last night, his daughter called the shop and said he just went to sleep and didn't wake up. He only worked for me the last two years but damn its got me messed up. I know we all have expiration dates in 2020 I buried 11 but it was almost like you just expected it that year. This one came out of left field and it scares me. We just worked Saturday he was at the shop Sunday and we talked he sounded great.

It's selfish of me but I can't stop thinking damn is this it? Work 30 to 40 years go to sleep and then die on your day off? He's like me spent his entire life working in the garage, its all guys like us know, but I don't want spend my last day at the shop.

I called the other guys that where off one by one and told them the news, his daughter is going to let us know when the funeral is. That was the worse day called half a dozen guys and telling them on of our guys died. Then dealing with HR and corporate and figuring out the business side of it, when down inside I just wanted to walk off. I felt like just saying it's not worth it, I'm done  but I can't.

I'm supposed to be celebrating my son's 16th birthday and I feel like crawling into a hole. This [BLEEP] sucks.

Thanks for letting me vent I don't know where else to do it. I'm the boss, I'm the father, I'm the husband but today I feel like a lost child.

Hang in there, brother.

Stuff like that has been too common in my orbit lately as well, but I won't presume to know what you're feeling right now. 
I just hope you can focus on the joy you do have in your life and persevere to keep on keeping on for that - and for the sake of your loved ones. Don't let being disheartened turn into giving up. 

If you can, focus on some good memories of this employee and try to carry the spirit of those good memories forward.

(07-24-2023, 07:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 06:24 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Sorry to unload, I just need somewhere to put it all down on paper. One of my employees died last night, his daughter called the shop and said he just went to sleep and didn't wake up. He only worked for me the last two years but damn its got me messed up. I know we all have expiration dates in 2020 I buried 11 but it was almost like you just expected it that year. This one came out of left field and it scares me. We just worked Saturday he was at the shop Sunday and we talked he sounded great.

I called the other guys that where off one by one and told them the news, his daughter is going to let us know when the funeral is. That was the worse day called half a dozen guys and telling them on of our guys died. Then dealing with HR and corporate and figuring out the business side of it, when down inside I just wanted to walk off. I felt like just saying it's not worth it, I'm done  but I can't.

Hang in there, brother.

Stuff like that has been too common in my orbit lately as well, but I won't presume to know what you're feeling right now. 
I just hope you can focus on the joy you do have in your life and persevere to keep on keeping on for that - and for the sake of your loved ones. Don't let being disheartened turn into giving up. 

If you can, focus on some good memories of this employee and try to carry the spirit of those good memories forward.

Thanks man taking my son out now it actually is helping celebrating something right now

This is why, no matter how hard a day you have, you always tell the people you love that you love them.

Sorry that you’re going through this brother. Never easy and just gotta take it day by day

(07-24-2023, 09:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

This is why, no matter how hard a day you have, you always tell the people you love that you love them.

Sorry that you’re going through this brother. Never easy and just gotta take it day by day

Well said..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Sorry to hear that, Eric. The sudden loss of someone close, whether it be family or coworkers, takes some time to get your head around. The important thing is you maintained your professionalism and attended to the business arrangements which must be dealt with no matter how we feel.

all the hugs, man.

It's an important lesson we all need reminders of - tomorrow isn't a guarantee. Don't put things off that matter to you and those around you. Say the words that need to be said.

I hope you come through this ok, hurt is good. Think how you'd feel today if you felt nothing after hearing the news of his passing.

Check in with your crew, they may be dealing with the same grief.

We're here if you need a shoulder to lean on or a void to scream into.

Thanks for the encouragement guys today's better but plenty to deal with. Found out now today one of my techs is being committed tried to off himself Sunday thankfully he didn't go through with it but he needs some time to get help obviously.

(07-25-2023, 12:56 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Thanks for the encouragement guys today's better but plenty to deal with. Found out now today one of my techs is being committed tried to off himself Sunday thankfully he didn't go through with it but he needs some time to get help obviously.

Oof. hope he's ok, might wanna get some lunch or cold beverages for the rest of the crew, being shorthanded is a challenge in any circumstance.

Overheard something funny at the bar the other day:

Attractive female bartender:
Excuse me, Dan! My eyes are up here!

Dan: I know, I was lookin at yer eyes!

Bartender: (covering eyes with hand) OK, what color are my eyes, then?

Dan:  Double D

Laughing
bewbs

The Tesla Cybertruck is the ugliest vehicle ever. I don't understand why they would want to produce and try to sell such an ugly thing as that.

Have you ever noticed
When you're feeling really good
There's always a pigeon
That'll come [BLEEP] on your hood?

AH Yes..... I remember when I was in my 20's....... Waking up was the 2nd hardest thing in the morning.............