Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Chiefs Gameday***

(09-18-2023, 08:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 08:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://x.com/_John_Shipley/status/17035...56052?s=20

Completely irrelevant statistic that serves no purpose other than to pile on with the bad feels. The inability to convert penalties and turnovers was mostly on our offense. We didn’t score more than 9 mainly because our offense couldn’t execute. Yes, the KC defense was playing hard, just like ours, but they found a way to score in the red zone. We didn’t. Plain and simple.

Like Doug said at the presser when asked how to address the team about the offense, “It’s week two, we’re 1 and 1. We’re in good shape.”

It was definitely less about KC's defensive prowess (they did play well), and more about our offense beating itself.  We left a lot of points out there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We suck, flat out

We struggled vs a terrible colts team, Lawrence is on pace for a garbage season with a ton of weapons.

Our defense is only reason we were in either game, could easily be 0-2

Press Taylor can go back to the white picket fence neighborhood he looks to belong AND stay in

(09-18-2023, 08:22 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Time to move past the hype and get back to work and execute better going forward.  I like to think the team needed a wake up call such as this.  That was the worst I've seen the offense in a while.  It was like they were allergic to the endzone.

It's was embarrassing.  1st and 1 on the 1 and couldn't get  TD

[Image: chiefs_end_line.jpg]

This close man.

I was waiting for Trevor to step up to the mic and say ‘It was hot and I didn’t really feel like playing today. And to be honest, this ol boy was a little hungover after that Tito’s vodka promotional event. Whatever. It’s just one game. We’ll be alright.’

(09-18-2023, 09:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [Image: chiefs_end_line.jpg]

This close man.
The 2nd one to Zay needed to have more air on it and closer to the back pylon.

Just nit picky though. I still cant get over the 1st and 1 play. The fact we couldnt go power there and score with a run pisses me off.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 02:52 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

This close man.

Exactly. Top right and bottom left should have been TDs.  All of them could have been.  Those were perfectly good play calls that didn't get executed.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

It will be very interesting to see. However, my hope is that we get to see them again in January at some point. And we turn these very same four stills above into TD's and dethrone those bastards.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This close man.

He also overthrew a fairly open Zay, I think a couple plays after that 2nd one.  It was a tight window but one Lawrence can make (unless the All-22 shows that it wasn't nearly as open the TV angle appeared).

If you get beat up by the opposing Dline and you're going to start missing throws that you'd make if you had a consistently good pocket to throw from.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 01:52 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-18-2023, 01:22 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: If you get beat up by the opposing Dline and you're going to start missing throws that you'd make if you had a consistently good pocket to throw from.

Garrard referenced this today on the 1010XL show. It starts to throw you off as a QB. It takes a toll on you. This is why two things have to give with the offense this week. 

Either, he adapts to getting beat up consistently and has to play above the X's and O's week in and week out. Or, the coaching staff starts scheming him away from the weakest area on the offensive line. His best pass play yesterday came off a designed rollout where he hit Kirk deep in the 2nd half.

His best throws in general throughout his early career have mostly came off his ability to get outside the pocket while rolling away from problem areas on the line. He can obviously hit some big time passes from the pocket. He's shown that as well. But he's just a natural thrower on the run and they should be exploring that more.

Hopefully the first 10, 15 plays they script up for this Sunday involve at least 5 - 6 designed rollouts or sprints. Roll right with a receiver or tight end running a drag route from left to right. Go back and do a sprint to the left with a designed flood involving short, mid and long tiered routes to give him a field of three reads all at once to pick and choose from.

Go back to a run play there in between that involving the TE's pulling inside to aid the interior. Go back to another run, this time, run a sweep off Little's side with a lead blocker already in the backfield to clean up the sloppiness on the backside if the interior collapses.

Mix in an RPO, etc.

In Trevor's defence I thought he had some great throws in the game as well

E.g. the dot to ridley, the big gain throw to Kirk plus some nice ones to engram

Whatever the Jags do after being frustrated by the chefs topping them for the third time, they cannot, I repeat CANNOT let the chefs get in their heads the way the Jags are in the head of Brandon Staley. LOL

(watch the video of Staley asked about Jags loss in playoffs)

https://x.com/3treblig/status/1703517285804318879?s=20

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 08:42 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-18-2023, 08:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Whatever the Jags do after being frustrated by the chefs topping them for the third time, they cannot, I repeat CANNOT let the chefs get in their heads the way the Jags are in the head of Brandon Staley. LOL

It still amazes me how Lombardi got canned after their loss here when it was HIS defense with HIS play calling that allowed the comeback.

Staley is in the hot seat. Even if they barely get into the play offs again this year and get bounced early he's gone I think.

(09-18-2023, 08:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 08:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Whatever the Jags do after being frustrated by the chefs topping them for the third time, they cannot, I repeat CANNOT let the chefs get in their heads the way the Jags are in the head of Brandon Staley. LOL

It still amazes me how Lombardi got canned after their loss here when it was HIS defense with HIS play calling that allowed the comeback.

Staley is in the hot seat. Even if they barely get into the play offs again this year and get bounced early he's gone I think.

Just about MUST have an offensive minded head coach in today's NFL if you want to contend for championships.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-18-2023, 05:30 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: In Trevor's defence I thought he had some great throws in the game as well

E.g. the dot to ridley, the big gain throw to Kirk plus some nice ones to engram

He really did. It was not an off day overall, just off at the worst possible times.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

ok now that everyone is settled down a bit.

My view of the game.
First, despite an under performing O-line we easily could have won if we had executed the plays that were called. We beat ourselves.

Second, Bo's evaluation that Little has played a couple of good games, (he had no pressures last week?) everyone to the right of him didn't is spot on. (they each had 3+)

Third, Our Right tackle had a rookie game matched against the beast known as Chris Jones. What did we expect? Our guards have been hot messes so far. Our center was suppose to have gotten stronger in the off season, but it hasn't shown up yet. I personally think until we get tugboat and cam back we will be playing guys that may be nicked up or wouldn't normally.

Last, They get this line moderately straightened out we will be good, maybe real good. They may have only a week as Houston is not going to roll over for us.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

With those over throws in the Redzone yesterday it had me thinking why they kept a 6'4 WR on the roster in Cooks. Might as well give him a shot in some of those boundary plays.

(09-18-2023, 08:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: With those over throws in the Redzone yesterday it had me thinking why they kept a 6'4 WR on the roster in Cooks. Might as well give him a shot in some of those boundary plays.

And they deactivated him yesterday. 

Huh

(09-18-2023, 08:56 PM)Jag149 Wrote: ok now that everyone is settled down a bit.

My view of the game.
First, despite an under performing O-line we easily could have won if we had executed the plays that were called.  We beat ourselves.

Second, Bo's evaluation that Little has played a couple of good games,  (he had no pressures last week?) everyone to the right of him didn't is spot on. (they each had 3+)

Third, Our Right tackle had a rookie game matched against the beast known as Chris Jones. What did we expect? Our guards have been hot messes so far. Our center was suppose to have gotten stronger in the off season, but it hasn't shown up yet.  I personally think until we get tugboat and cam back we will be playing guys that may be nicked up or wouldn't normally.

Last, They get this line moderately straightened out we will be good, maybe real good.  They may have only a week as Houston is not going to roll over for us.

Fair, level-headed assessment.

(09-18-2023, 09:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 08:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: With those over throws in the Redzone yesterday it had me thinking why they kept a 6'4 WR on the roster in Cooks. Might as well give him a shot in some of those boundary plays.

And they deactivated him yesterday. 

Huh

(09-18-2023, 08:56 PM)Jag149 Wrote: ok now that everyone is settled down a bit.

My view of the game.
First, despite an under performing O-line we easily could have won if we had executed the plays that were called.  We beat ourselves.

Second, Bo's evaluation that Little has played a couple of good games,  (he had no pressures last week?) everyone to the right of him didn't is spot on. (they each had 3+)

Third, Our Right tackle had a rookie game matched against the beast known as Chris Jones. What did we expect? Our guards have been hot messes so far. Our center was suppose to have gotten stronger in the off season, but it hasn't shown up yet.  I personally think until we get tugboat and cam back we will be playing guys that may be nicked up or wouldn't normally.

Last, They get this line moderately straightened out we will be good, maybe real good.  They may have only a week as Houston is not going to roll over for us.

Fair, level-headed assessment.
Yeah. Believe so. Just makes me wonder what was the point of keeping him. Especially with the weaknesses along the line. Should they consider bouncing him off the 53 for another interior player?