Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(08-09-2023, 01:53 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: No love for the oil & vinegar crowd?

We usually use avacado oil.. Better for ya.

I've never heard a squeaky avocado so you know that stuff works, too!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One thing that is a "trivial annoyance" to me is the way that some doctor's offices schedule appointments.  I have an appointment for 8:15 and get a message wanting me to confirm that also says "please show up 15 minutes prior to your appointment".  Why not just make the appointment at 8:00 rather than 8:15?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-30-2023, 03:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: One thing that is a "trivial annoyance" to me is the way that some doctor's offices schedule appointments.  I have an appointment for 8:15 and get a message wanting me to confirm that also says "please show up 15 minutes prior to your appointment".  Why not just make the appointment at 8:00 rather than 8:15?

I used to see a doctor that block scheduled patients, got them into separate examination room and then let them sit there for 45 minutes or more while he worked through that block. Since I don’t go to the doctor that often, I rolled with it. I finally put my foot down when they advised me to come in to discuss my latest blood tests. Thinking something was wrong, I did. After waiting for nearly an hour, a PA comes in and spent two minutes telling me the tests looked okay. 

They did that purely to get a consultation insurance payment. I told the PA, in diplomatic terms, that I knew why they did it and if they attempted it again I would find another doctor. My blood test results were mailed with an assessment from then on.

(08-30-2023, 03:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: One thing that is a "trivial annoyance" to me is the way that some doctor's offices schedule appointments.  I have an appointment for 8:15 and get a message wanting me to confirm that also says "please show up 15 minutes prior to your appointment".  Why not just make the appointment at 8:00 rather than 8:15?

The 8:15 is the time the doctor should walk in your exam room., that's how scheduling software usually works. You should be there before that to check in, be roomed, and have your vitals taken.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-02-2023, 02:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

The 8:15 is the time the doctor should walk in your exam room., that's how scheduling software usually works. You should be there before that to check in, be roomed, and have your vitals taken.

/doctor walks in around 8:40

welp.

(09-05-2023, 09:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 02:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The 8:15 is the time the doctor should walk in your exam room., that's how scheduling software usually works. You should be there before that to check in, be roomed, and have your vitals taken.

/doctor walks in around 8:40

welp.

Yep, usually because the 8, 8:15, and 8:30 appointments showed up at 8, 8:23, and 8:30.

Of course many docs run late because they work slow or don't care to be on time, but a doc standing around waiting for patients to be ready is a revenue loss and productivity killer that happens every day.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2023, 01:22 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Coworker emailing a request that he needs something immediately, but when you scroll down through the email, you realize he/she has had this in their possession for weeks prior to reaching out to you. 

Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine, unless you are higher up than me on the Organizational Chart, of course.

Perhaps they do, and already account for you being 15 minutes late.  Therefore, your 8:15 appointment is really for 8:30 in their eyes but they tell you to show up 15 minutes early (meaning 8:00) but since they account for you bring 15 minutes late, they are counting on your arrival by 8:15  -- HA !!! They go to school for 8 years and accrue debt of $450,000 to be able to come up with this type of strategy.

A resident in my neighborhood started decorating his house, and his ENTIRE yard, in Halloween adornments last week. He keeps adding to it.

Grow up, man.

(09-23-2023, 11:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A resident in my neighborhood started decorating his house, and his ENTIRE yard, in Halloween adornments last week. He keeps adding to it.

Grow up, man.

Hopefully he has kids..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-23-2023, 11:23 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-23-2023, 11:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A resident in my neighborhood started decorating his house, and his ENTIRE yard, in Halloween adornments last week. He keeps adding to it.

Grow up, man.

Hopefully he has kids..

He has two or three youngsters. The father looks to be in his early 30s. I understand he wants to emphasize the fun of Halloween for his children, but he's overdoing it to a ridiculous level.

Grow up, man.
Stay on your own side of the fence!

[Image: 32b7b7f23b31897420c85cdca2c30ee4.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-23-2023, 11:40 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

Grow up, man.
Stay on your own side of the fence!

[Image: 32b7b7f23b31897420c85cdca2c30ee4.jpg]

It makes me yearn for a can of lighter fluid and a book of matches.

(09-23-2023, 11:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-23-2023, 11:23 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hopefully he has kids..

He has two or three youngsters. The father looks to be in his early 30s. I understand he wants to emphasize the fun of Halloween for his children, but he's overdoing it to a ridiculous level.

Well, to be honest, he's still kind of a kid himself, still being in his early 30's. 

But yeah, that's a bit much.. 

Nothing wrong with a jack o' lantern and a scarecrow.. That's all the wife and I put up..

Grow up, man.

/gets eggs and TP ready

The dancing fat chick in the Jardiance commercials.

(10-02-2023, 08:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The dancing fat chick in the Jardiance commercials.

THANK YOU!!!

Every time that commercial comes on, I look over at the wife and say, "I thought that stuff was supposed to make ya lose weight".

(10-02-2023, 09:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 08:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The dancing fat chick in the Jardiance commercials.

THANK YOU!!!

Every time that commercial comes on, I look over at the wife and say, "I thought that stuff was supposed to make ya lose weight".

Yeah, it’s not very inspiring.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Taylor Swift.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-03-2023, 06:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Taylor Swift.

She’s beyond trivial at this point!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

But that jingle sticks in my head for days, and that chick can step it to the beat!