Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5 Jags vs Bills talk

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2023, 01:11 PM by SamusAranX.)

(10-08-2023, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 01:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So where's all the people who said the Bills were going to destroy us?

I think I said 31-17 bills

So wrong! And so happy!

Same. 

The NfL is so weird

Dolphins put up 70 then let the bills put up 48 who come overseas hyped as the best team in the league only to get punched in the mouth by a team with no pass rush and a stinky O-line. 

We had our share of any given Sunday with the Texans loss. 

Peterson and Lawrence are our saviors

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-08-2023, 01:11 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think I said 31-17 bills

So wrong! And so happy!

Same. 

The NfL is so weird

Dolphins put up 70 then let the bills put up 48 who come overseas hyped as the best team in the league only to get punched in the mouth by a team with no pass rush and a stinky O-line. 

We had our share of any given Sunday with the Texans loss. 

Peterson and Lawrence are our saviors

Same here too.

Just watched Miami stroll down the field against the Giants and to think the Bills manhandled them last week

Enjoy the win while you can because the narrative tomorrow in the media will be (in a whiny Rich Eisen voice), "They were jet lagged and had a lot of injuries. Oh, my gawwwduh."

(10-01-2023, 03:22 PM)Ronster Wrote: The Bills are gonna destroy the Jaguars. Our team is not on the same level as the elite teams, like the Bills, Chiefs or even the Dolphins. They are much farther away than any of us want to admit…

up for the 1 time  Laughing

(10-08-2023, 01:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So where's all the people who said the Bills were going to destroy us?

I’m here and stand by the pick (actually had them winning by 11 iirc). Defense really showed up today and the offense did too. I’m glad to be wrong.

(10-08-2023, 01:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Enjoy the win while you can because the narrative tomorrow in the media will be (in a whiny Rich Eisen voice), "They were jet lagged and had a lot of injuries. Oh, my gawwwduh."

Undoubtedly. They were already saying that in the game commentary lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2023, 02:28 PM by homebiscuit.)

The fortunes are varied in this league. We held the Bills to their first scoreless 1st quarter of the season today. The Giants just scored their first 1st half touchdown of the season off a 102-yard pick six.

(10-08-2023, 02:00 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

I’m here and stand by the pick (actually had them winning by 11 iirc). Defense really showed up today and the offense did too. I’m glad to be wrong.

(10-08-2023, 01:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Enjoy the win while you can because the narrative tomorrow in the media will be (in a whiny Rich Eisen voice), "They were jet lagged and had a lot of injuries. Oh, my gawwwduh."

Someone brought up a very good point in the game day thread when the announcers said we rallied to win the game even though we led wire to wire.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2023, 06:44 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Any given day. I’ll preach it til I die. Where’s my Herndon Haters, come out the wood works. That was a huge win boys!!! HUUUUUGE!!!!!

Stop looking ahead. It’s one week at the time.

Holy hell, there seem to be a lot of sour Bills fans who think the game was rigged and the NFL/Refs gave the game to the Jags

(10-08-2023, 09:00 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Holy hell, there seem to be a lot of sour Bills fans who think the game was rigged and the NFL/Refs gave the game to the Jags

Anyone who thinks this... they obviously no nothing.

I thought the Allen roughing the passer penalty was fabricated. We take hots like that all the time. You can always be chippy on our players.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-08-2023, 09:31 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I thought the Allen roughing the passer penalty was fabricated. We take hots like that all the time. You can always be chippy on our players.
It was a terrible call. Trevor got hit in the helmet multiple times and no call.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 08:42 AM by Mikey.)

(10-05-2023, 06:34 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 09:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ryan Leaf on GMF, "the Jags showed they aren't ready for prime time."

The giants literally laid a big pile of [BLEEP] on there prime time game

The media knows not to poop where they eat.

(10-05-2023, 07:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 03:01 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Fellers, I have a feeling were coming back to the states 2-0...

Just for the hype to be at an all time and than drop a turd on the Clots and were back (including me) to having mental breakdowns.

Might want to see a shrink, the Jaguars already have two losses, they can't come back 2-0 this season.

the post/username synergy is off the charts!

(10-06-2023, 02:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 01:42 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I enjoy how British announcers say Jag-you-uhs. Much better than Jag-wires! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We say Jag-wuars, not Jag-wires.

It's JAGURAS.  Have we forgotten?

(10-07-2023, 10:33 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Wow Jags are barely scoring 20 ppg.

This offense has been playing uninspiring and that starts with Pederson & Lawrence.

You misspelled the porous line

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 08:48 AM by Mikey.)

(10-08-2023, 12:56 AM)BaLLin4Life Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 12:14 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Wrong! Lawrence has been balling. It's the offensive line and receivers not playing to standard.

Thats a pretty lazy take tbh.

sometimes being correct is the easiest path to take. Doesn't require all those detours, leaps and obscuring details.

glad to hear the rotator cuff is doing well. Keep patting yourself on the back, I guess?

Dunno how anyone could have come out of our first four weeks and been brimming with confidence against a team that just smoked one of the hottest teams in the AFC. But again, congrats on your superior prognostication abilities.

I recommend you take the next step and start investing in powerball tickets.

(10-01-2023, 03:22 PM)Ronster Wrote: The Bills are gonna destroy the Jaguars. Our team is not on the same level as the elite teams, like the Bills, Chiefs or even the Dolphins. They are much farther away than any of us want to admit…
HAHAHAHAHA LOSER

BOYCOTTTTTTTT

(10-08-2023, 09:00 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Holy hell, there seem to be a lot of sour Bills fans who think the game was rigged and the NFL/Refs gave the game to the Jags

@Well you see, they have to build the London fanbase for the year them Jagwires won't be able to play in Jacksonburg while the stadium is being rebuilt@

(10-08-2023, 02:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The fortunes are varied in this league. We held the Bills to their first scoreless 1st quarter of the season today. The Giants just scored their first 1st half touchdown of the season off a 102-yard pick six.

(10-08-2023, 02:00 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I’m here and stand by the pick (actually had them winning by 11 iirc). Defense really showed up today and the offense did too. I’m glad to be wrong.

Someone brought up a very good point in the game day thread when the announcers said we rallied to win the game even though we led wire to wire.

Thanks for the shout out, that was perhaps the dumbest thing I heard all day in a veritable sea of biased commentary.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 12:15 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-03-2023, 05:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I want to see good old fashioned power football this Sunday. Just run it right at them.

Go heavy set with 8 blockers tight to the line and let Ridley and Kirk work the outside here and there and take some shots.

Need to try something different I think to beat Buffalo.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Didn't get to watch the game Sunday. Travelling back from Orlando at the time. Looks like they were listening though. 

Etienne - 26 carries for 136 yards - 2 TD's
Lawrence - 7 carries for 31 yards
Ridley - 2 carries for 14 yards
Bigsby - 3 carries for 8 yards
Kirk - 1 carry for 6 yards
Agnew - 1 carry for 1 yard

40 total rushing attempts, in what looks like, a really, really good variety of ways. 196 yards on the ground. That's really good football. Not sure what type of formations they did it out of but that's what I was calling for. When you're playing a physical defense? And they're travelling across the pond after demolishing QB's in the passing game two weeks in a row?

You have to figure out a way to run it at them and keep running it at them to give your QB a chance. Lawrence still got his [BLEEP] kicked and was under a lot of duress throughout the game from what I read but they all got it done big time yesterday. Hats off to the Clemson Crusaders. 

This offense would be in a ton of [BLEEP] without the TNT team. Trevor and Travis. More TNT from the Clemson Crusaders! LFG!!!!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-09-2023, 12:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 05:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I want to see good old fashioned power football this Sunday. Just run it right at them.

Go heavy set with 8 blockers tight to the line and let Ridley and Kirk work the outside here and there and take some shots.

Need to try something different I think to beat Buffalo.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Didn't get to watch the game Sunday. Travelling back from Orlando at the time. Looks like they were listening though. 

Etienne - 26 carries for 136 yards - 2 TD's
Lawrence - 7 carries for 31 yards
Ridley - 2 carries for 14 yards
Bigsby - 3 carries for 8 yards
Kirk - 1 carry for 6 yards
Agnew - 1 carry for 1 yard

40 total rushing attempts, in what looks like, a really, really good variety of ways. 196 yards on the ground. That's really good football. Not sure what type of formations they did it out of but that's what I was calling for. When you're playing a physical defense? And they're travelling across the pond after demolishing QB's in the passing game two weeks in a row?

You have to figure out a way to run it at them and keep running it at them to give your QB a chance. Lawrence still got his [BLEEP] kicked and was under a lot of duress throughout the game from what I read but they all got it done big time yesterday. Hats off to the Clemson Crusaders. 

This offense would be in a ton of [BLEEP] without the TNT team. Trevor and Travis. More TNT from the Clemson Crusaders! LFG!!!!

Wasn't really a ton of power formation stuff, but they def stuck to their guns running ETN between the tackles until it paid off. OL did him no favors early and barely gave him a crease late, but he maximized his touches. ETN clearly bounced two called inside runs out to the corner for good gains as well. Figured we see him start to do that sooner or later and mentioned it in a thread last week. He's clearly tired of running into brick walls between the tackles. 
(we saw this last year but he hadn't been doing it yet this season - I assume coaches trying to get him to be patient for his blockers to do work - but... that ain't happening)

The rushes by receivers were end arounds and one quick pitch - and three of those called were very effective. 

Lawrences rushes were almost all improvised due to pressure - maybe one option play. 

Bigsby had a 3rd and one attempt foiled by Fortner getting beat. Stopped for no gain. They seemed to just stay with the hot hand of #1 so he didn't see many snaps.

Ridley off the mark really showed his explosiveness on those outside Carrys he took

(10-09-2023, 05:07 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Ridley off the mark really showed his explosiveness on those outside Carrys he took

Assuming he and TLaw stay healthy, I think we might start seeing him some really impressive/elite stuff, more so than what we've seen so far. He's just been warming up, getting back his mojo.