Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Saints - TNF Discussion and Predictions

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2023, 08:42 AM by Caldrac.)

Bold prediction. Lawrence gets a game winning rushing TD from the 3 yard line with a fake pitch to Etienne and a run for the endzone. This will be set-up perfectly with a strong running performance earlier in the game from Etienne and Bigsby. The headline Friday morning will read something like "Lawrence embraces the knee and team with a victory".
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-18-2023, 08:42 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Bold prediction. Lawrence gets a game winning rushing TD from the 3 yard line with a fake pitch to Etienne and a run for the endzone. This will be set-up perfectly with a strong running performance earlier in the game from Etienne and Bigsby. The headline Friday morning will read something like "Lawrence embraces the knee and team with a victory".

Hahaha that would be so epic

(10-18-2023, 08:42 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Bold prediction. Lawrence gets a game winning rushing TD from the 3 yard line with a fake pitch to Etienne and a run for the endzone. This will be set-up perfectly with a strong running performance earlier in the game from Etienne and Bigsby. The headline Friday morning will read something like "Lawrence embraces the knee and team with a victory".

I don't even want this to be close. I want it to be like the Miami/Denver game where we can pull Trevor at halftime bc he torched them so bad in the first half
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2023, 09:51 AM by Jaguar Warrior. Edited 1 time in total.)

Is Hamilton gonna play? My gut feeling says if he plays like he was during camp/pre-season, we are suddenly going to start getting a lot more pressures/sacks. The guy is a disruptor, will force QBs to shuffle and move a lot, meaning more clean-up sacks for our ends/OLBs.

If Trevor plays, I can all but guarantee the first play on offense will be a boot leg roll out.

(10-18-2023, 10:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If Trevor plays, I can all but guarantee the first play on offense will be a boot leg roll out.

Would be funny. Then he looks at the camera and gives them the old Rod Woodson knee point celebration.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-18-2023, 09:49 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Is Hamilton gonna play? My gut feeling says if he plays like he was during camp/pre-season, we are suddenly going to start getting a lot more pressures/sacks. The guy is a disruptor, will force QBs to shuffle and move a lot, meaning more clean-up sacks for our ends/OLBs.

No idea if he'll play or be near 100% but the saints center is banged up and D-Ham had a good pressure rate attacking the A gap last season. He's more effective lined up over center on passing downs than Fatukasi is. 
Getting a strong Hamilton back could indeed spark more pass rush production.

We just need to get healthy, marinading in a W with extra time before the next game would feel like a mini bye for us and would be of much use since we're pretty beat up across the board. Should be a typical ugly Thursday night game and their offense isn't that great. If we can continue to stop the run we should be alright. We could win 3-2 and I'd be pretty happy.

(10-18-2023, 10:22 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-18-2023, 10:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If Trevor plays, I can all but guarantee the first play on offense will be a boot leg roll out.

Would be funny. Then he looks at the camera and gives them the old Rod Woodson knee point celebration.

That play was iconic. I remember that play.

(10-18-2023, 10:22 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Dang .... great memory !!! I was living in Pittsburgh when the Steelers drafted him.  He held out and threatened to go to the Olympics instead of signing the contract that was being offered.   This was pretty much when contract holdouts were relatively new and the entire city hated him up until the day he signed.   At that time Rod Woodson signed a 4-year contract valued at $1.8m .... sure did seem like a lot of $$ at that time !!

QB Nathan Rourke has been elevated to the active roster.

Just to remember https://twitter.com/NFLNotify/status/171...2861191573

But yeah, I think this is all smoke screen to try to fool the saints, last year when he was at his best, Trevor was also "injured" and listed as 'limited' in practices

(10-18-2023, 03:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...98426?s=20
Both the Saints tackles are out?!

Oh let’s go.

I'm picking the Saints this week. The loss of Campbell will be the deciding factor, regardless of whether Lawrence plays or not.

Saints 24
Jags 17

(10-18-2023, 03:50 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm picking the Saints this week. The loss of Campbell will be the deciding factor, regardless of whether Lawrence plays or not.

Saints 24
Jags 17
BOOOOOO

I don’t understand why Hamilton is out given he was a full participant in practice?

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2023, 03:58 PM by p_rushing.)

(10-18-2023, 01:59 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: QB Nathan Rourke has been elevated to the active roster.

I'm guessing they hold Trevor out. Rourke should play but we know that CJ the cement statue will be playing and he may not make walk off the field himself with the OL.

(10-18-2023, 03:56 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I don’t understand why Hamilton is out given he was a full participant in practice?

Not in game shape yet?

(10-18-2023, 03:56 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I don’t understand why Hamilton is out given he was a full participant in practice?

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...6946830651

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2023, 04:28 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Smoot also practiced full for a week, was out, and then full again before returning. I expect Hamilton back for Pittsburgh.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS