Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-19-2023, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 05:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Every time I read one of your posts, I get dumber.

You are realizing what was already true about you.

Area man has opinions about which member of Congress is best.  Area man is angry that other members of Congress, who have all interacted with that member personally and professionally, have a different opinion.  Area man is sure he is right and they are wrong.

What the [BLEEP] are you talking about, dude? I asked you one question like 3 pages ago, and you are still making assumptions and false equivalencies. What specific reason has Rutherford given for not voting for Jordan? Your waxing poetic is stupid as [BLEEP].

(10-19-2023, 04:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: When you threaten their Swamp Money..

https://twitter.com/ProudElephantUS/stat...9M1Yw&s=19

Someone needs to start live streaming these meetings. Put all this mess out in the open and watch how many of them change their tune and vote for Jordan.

I'd prefer every person in congress has to wear a body cam that anyone in the district could pull up at any time. Realistically it couldn't be done because of security and the behind closed door deals would still happen when the camera is shut off.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2023, 07:46 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-19-2023, 07:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: You are realizing what was already true about you.

Area man has opinions about which member of Congress is best.  Area man is angry that other members of Congress, who have all interacted with that member personally and professionally, have a different opinion.  Area man is sure he is right and they are wrong.

What the [BLEEP] are you talking about, dude? I asked you one question like 3 pages ago, and you are still making assumptions and false equivalencies. What specific reason has Rutherford given for not voting for Jordan? Your waxing poetic is stupid as [BLEEP].

What does Rutherford need to say that hasn't already been said?!
Read! Jordan's been around a while.  Lots has been said.  Remember what Boehner said about him?
Rutherford said he wants Gaetz to lose ground at the end of this whole fiasco. That means Rutherford has to feel like Gaetz likes the choice less than Rutherford likes it. Rutherford wants that because he wants to discourage the next guy who wants to break ranks in a closely divided House like this.
Plenty of good reasons to not vote for Jordan.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2023, 07:57 PM by WingerDinger.)

(10-19-2023, 07:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 04:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: When you threaten their Swamp Money..

https://twitter.com/ProudElephantUS/stat...9M1Yw&s=19

Someone needs to start live streaming these meetings. Put all this mess out in the open and watch how many of them change their tune and vote for Jordan.

I'd prefer every person in congress has to wear a body cam that anyone in the district could pull up at any time. Realistically it couldn't be done because of security and the behind closed door deals would still happen when the camera is shut off.

So sad that something like that needs to be thought up, but here we are, and I agree..

(10-19-2023, 07:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 07:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What the [BLEEP] are you talking about, dude? I asked you one question like 3 pages ago, and you are still making assumptions and false equivalencies. What specific reason has Rutherford given for not voting for Jordan? Your waxing poetic is stupid as [BLEEP].

Read! Jordan's been around a while.  Lots has been said.  Remember what Boehner said about him?
Rutherford said he wants Gaetz to lose ground at the end of this whole fiasco.  That means Rutherford has to feel like Gaetz likes the choice less than Rutherford likes it.  Rutherford wants that because he wants to discourage the next guy who wants to break ranks in a closely divided House like this.

Only if you're a RINO or democrat..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-19-2023, 07:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 07:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What the [BLEEP] are you talking about, dude? I asked you one question like 3 pages ago, and you are still making assumptions and false equivalencies. What specific reason has Rutherford given for not voting for Jordan? Your waxing poetic is stupid as [BLEEP].

Rutherford said he wants Gaetz to lose ground at the end of this whole fiasco.  That means Rutherford has to feel like Gaetz likes the choice less than Rutherford likes it.  Rutherford wants that because he wants to discourage the next guy who wants to break ranks in a closely divided House like this.

Dance, puppet.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2023, 11:00 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Gotta love the internet detectives lol

https://twitter.com/alx/status/171515643...C-teA&s=19

https://twitter.com/IanJaeger29/status/1...YwrSw&s=19

"Thirteen of the 22 holdouts also received donations from the same source."

(10-19-2023, 10:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gotta love the internet detectives lol

https://twitter.com/alx/status/171515643...C-teA&s=19

https://twitter.com/IanJaeger29/status/1...YwrSw&s=19

"Thirteen of the 22 holdouts also received donations from the same source."
Rutherford just got caught. Call him up and let him know the people know he's dirty. Hopefully someone run against him.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(10-19-2023, 08:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 07:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: What does Rutherford need to say that hasn't already been said?!

Dance, puppet.

People who disagree with me are puppets.
People who agree with me are thinking for themselves.
I am very smart.

(10-20-2023, 07:45 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 08:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Dance, puppet.

I am very smart.

Anyone can claim to be smart.. Common sense is what you lack.

I am very smart.

Gaetz loses a ton by doing this. Rutherford doesn't lose anything and shows the RINOs, who he is in bed with and taking illegal money, that they can trust him to fight for their side.

You may not want to agree but this is why it is happening.

(10-20-2023, 09:25 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 07:45 AM)mikesez Wrote: People who disagree with me are puppets.
I am very smart.

Anyone can claim to be smart.. Common sense is what you lack.

It was sarcasm.  Common sense might have clued you in, if you had any.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 11:05 AM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-20-2023, 09:48 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
I am very smart.

Gaetz loses a ton by doing this. Rutherford doesn't lose anything and shows the RINOs, who he is in bed with and taking illegal money, that they can trust him to fight for their side.

You may not want to agree but this is why it is happening.

You're probably right.  I've already said this is about donors, represented by McCarthy and Scalise, vs. Media personalities, such as Gaetz and Jordan.

This is about much more than just the rest of Biden's term to these folks.  They know this is going to set a precedent for who gets to be speaker and how to reach the position for a long time. 

But note: neither ladder of success is about learning how to read the law, or learning how to predict what effects might come from changing the law, or resolving disputes between informed but impassioned people, or reading reports, or writing reports.  Neither path involves doing the actual job.  They both involve attention whoring and only attention whoring.  Just for different audiences.

I'm kind of with you on them not needing a speaker. They could just put out a discharge petition for anything the Senate passes, on any must-pass item.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 10:08 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-20-2023, 09:54 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 09:25 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone can claim to be smart.. Common sense is what you lack.

It was sarcasm.  Common sense might have clued you in, if you had any.

I'm sorry, I don't buy that. You can look at almost any post you've made over the last handful of years and seriously, no common sense at all. 

Reading your [BLEEP] is like being stuck behind a granny on 95 with her blinker still on for the last 100 miles.

Anyone can recite passages from a book or wiki page, but making sense out of the content, not your best feature.

Even the GOP women have bigger balls than these suck [BLEEP] RINOS lolololololol

https://twitter.com/RepNancyMace/status/...lwFkg&s=19

I am very smart.

You are so full of yourself it's nauseating.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 11:23 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-20-2023, 10:38 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
I am very smart.

You are so full of yourself it's nauseating.

You missed the sarcasm as well.
It was my impression of L2L's thoughts.
Not my own.

(10-20-2023, 10:05 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 09:54 AM)mikesez Wrote: It was sarcasm.  Common sense might have clued you in, if you had any.

I'm sorry, I don't buy that. You can look at almost any post you've made over the last handful of years and seriously, no common sense at all. 

Reading your [BLEEP] is like being stuck behind a granny on 95 with her blinker still on for the last 100 miles.

Anyone can recite passages from a book or wiki page, but making sense out of the content, not your best feature.

I'm not claiming to have common sense.  I'm saying you don't have any either.