Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tinhorns don't totally suck

I think it's probably important to keep in mind that they gave a winless team the W last week and Stroud threw for 140 with no TDs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-05-2023, 05:38 PM)surfon Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 05:29 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Best QB in the division.

Err ummm what?

Hopefully that is sarcasm.  But he is the second best qb in the division.  Sux but it looks like the tinhorns got a good one.

Unfortunately it is not from that poster

the ol tinhorns may have found a HC and a QB
Good for them.

They won't score 30 on us again. I'll put $100 on it right now.

The Bucs came into that game 26th in the league in completion percentage allowed (Jags 11th)
29th in yards per passing attempt (Jags 12th)

Jags simply need to erase the 20 mistakes made vs Houston weeks ago from their mind and go play like they have played since then. Jags will win by 10 points.

(11-06-2023, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: They won't score 30 on us again. I'll put $100 on it right now.

I'm assuming this is for the second 2023 game prediction? If this is for CJ Stroud's future career against the Jaguars franchise, I'm in!

It's a week-to-week league. Anything can happen. He was tremendously and historically good yesterday. He was abysmal and didn't move the needle against the Panthers the week prior to that.

It is what it is. I am glad we have a competitive situation unfolding in our division. It's good to be kept on your toes as a team. Stroud's workload will only continue to get more difficult and challenging as teams get more and more familiar with him and build tape decks on him.

I honestly think we'll beat them in Houston the next time we see them. Just like last year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-06-2023, 12:40 PM)cland Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: They won't score 30 on us again. I'll put $100 on it right now.

I'm assuming this is for the second 2023 game prediction? If this is for CJ Stroud's future career against the Jaguars franchise, I'm in!

LOL
yes

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 02:26 PM by cland. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-06-2023, 12:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's a week-to-week league. Anything can happen. He was tremendously and historically good yesterday. He was abysmal and didn't move the needle against the Panthers the week prior to that.

It is what it is. I am glad we have a competitive situation unfolding in our division. It's good to be kept on your toes as a team. Stroud's workload will only continue to get more difficult and challenging as teams get more and more familiar with him and build tape decks on him.

I honestly think we'll beat them in Houston the next time we see them. Just like last year.

I agree about his performance against the Panthers: 0 TDs 4 INTs with a Passer Rating of 35.5...(What's that? Oh my bad, posting the wrong QB's game stat from their rookie year.)  Tongue  (PS. CJ's Passer rating was 81.9, not good but definitely not abysmal.)

I agree with the general assessment that more tape = more challenging, however Stroud threw to 3 different receivers including 153 yards to Noah Brown(?), so it will be more difficult than doubling his favorite receiver.  IMO the most impressive thing about CJ is his ability to quickly scan the field from his 1st to 4th option seamlessly, and then delivering a catchable ball with timing, accuracy, and pace.  [Yes, I know I am gushing]

(11-05-2023, 07:02 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol people wanna tell me how wrong I was about Trevor but no one telling me how wrong I was on Stroud, I geniunely thought he'd be terrible and he's been insane.

I didn’t want to bother critiquing your QB evaluation skills.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

They play hard.

(11-06-2023, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: the ol tinhorns may have found a HC and a QB
Good for them.

The Bucs came into that game 26th in the league in completion percentage allowed (Jags 11th)
29th in yards per passing attempt (Jags 12th)

Jags simply need to erase the 20 mistakes made vs Houston weeks ago from their mind and go play like they have played since then. Jags will win by 10 points.

How did the Bucs D go so far south so fast this year? smh
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-06-2023, 04:56 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: the ol tinhorns may have found a HC and a QB
Good for them.

29th in yards per passing attempt  (Jags 12th)

How did the Bucs D go so far south so fast this year? smh

[Image: caldwell-2-2.png]

I'm half kidding

I have not watched enough Bucs defensive play to have a valid opinion on what has deteriorated for them.

(11-06-2023, 10:57 AM)jagshype Wrote: The bucs zone discipline was awful
Not sure if they are missing personnel or what, but I dont expect that out of a Bowles led team

With that said, Stroud and head coach Ryans will be a problem for the foreseeable future.
That texans team doesnt quite have the talent yet , but they are executing at a high level, and very well coached
They will be doing damage as the year goes on.
If im the texans, im ready to invest in building around Stroud, he's shown me to be capable of being a franchise QB

I do, Bowles has once again been overpromoted and is killing the team he coaches.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-06-2023, 09:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
Not sure if they are missing personnel or what, but I dont expect that out of a Bowles led team

With that said, Stroud and head coach Ryans will be a problem for the foreseeable future.
That texans team doesnt quite have the talent yet , but they are executing at a high level, and very well coached
If im the texans, im ready to invest in building around Stroud, he's shown me to be capable of being a franchise QB

I do, Bowles has once again been overpromoted and is killing the team he coaches.
Not sure what these GMs see in Bowles. Guy is a bad head coach.

(11-06-2023, 09:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I say that with his secondary background in mind
That team is going nowhere regardless of coach

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2023, 01:58 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-06-2023, 03:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 07:02 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol people wanna tell me how wrong I was about Trevor but no one telling me how wrong I was on Stroud, I geniunely thought he'd be terrible and he's been insane.

I didn’t want to bother critiquing your QB evaluation skills.

At least this time I agree, I was off the mark on Stroud completely. Kinda just figured he was going to fizzle out once he left that braindead offense they play at Ohio.

(11-07-2023, 01:53 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 03:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I didn’t want to bother critiquing your QB evaluation skills.

At least this time I agree, I was off the mark on Stroud completely.

A lot of folks were. He had the Ohio St. QB stigma to break. Guys like Fields and Haskins had/have done their school no favors with lack of winning or success in the NFL. He also had that situation with the testing that a lot of folks covet. I wasn't high on him but was impressed with his game against my Bulldogs. If my memory serves me correctly, he was a missed FG away from either tying the game for OT or outright winning it. 

His future is bright and it'll be interesting to see how his career unfolds. Have to remember. This is the same franchise that once had DeShaun Watson at their disposal and was actually playing at an MVP level before everything went off the rails. That doesn't mean Stroud will have the same fate. It just means that franchise has a tough time capitalizing on golden opportunities with the QB position. 

Matt Schuab had his neat little stint there as well. They have tended to have decent defenses though. Which is what scares me a bit with their current staff. The fact that Stroud is playing this good on his own with a guy like DeMeco as his head coach with a defensive background is downright scary. It enables DeMeco to focus even more on getting that side of the football corrected and corrected fast and they have Stroud off to a great start on at least a four year contract before an extension comes up. 

They may not make it into the play-offs this year, because the AFC North and AFC East will more than likely eat up the three wildcard spots. But, going into next year? If they continue to draft the way they have this past April? And Stroud keeps progressing? They're probably challenging us for the divisional title or a 5th - 7th seed moving forward.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2023, 02:38 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-07-2023, 02:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 01:53 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: At least this time I agree, I was off the mark on Stroud completely.

A lot of folks were. He had the Ohio St. QB stigma to break. Guys like Fields and Haskins had/have done their school no favors with lack of winning or success in the NFL. He also had that situation with the testing that a lot of folks covet. I wasn't high on him but was impressed with his game against my Bulldogs. If my memory serves me correctly, he was a missed FG away from either tying the game for OT or outright winning it. 

His future is bright and it'll be interesting to see how his career unfolds. Have to remember. This is the same franchise that once had DeShaun Watson at their disposal and was actually playing at an MVP level before everything went off the rails. That doesn't mean Stroud will have the same fate. It just means that franchise has a tough time capitalizing on golden opportunities with the QB position. 

Matt Schuab had his neat little stint there as well. They have tended to have decent defenses though. Which is what scares me a bit with their current staff. The fact that Stroud is playing this good on his own with a guy like DeMeco as his head coach with a defensive background is downright scary. It enables DeMeco to focus even more on getting that side of the football corrected and corrected fast and they have Stroud off to a great start on at least a four year contract before an extension comes up. 

They may not make it into the play-offs this year, because the AFC North and AFC East will more than likely eat up the three wildcard spots. But, going into next year? If they continue to draft the way they have this past April? And Stroud keeps progressing? They're probably challenging us for the divisional title or a 5th - 7th seed moving forward.

I think Houston gets in the playoffs this year instead of the Bills. I see 5 to 6 more wins on their schedule. At least 5. Titans x 2, Cards, Broncos and Jets.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-07-2023, 02:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 02:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: A lot of folks were. He had the Ohio St. QB stigma to break. Guys like Fields and Haskins had/have done their school no favors with lack of winning or success in the NFL. He also had that situation with the testing that a lot of folks covet. I wasn't high on him but was impressed with his game against my Bulldogs. If my memory serves me correctly, he was a missed FG away from either tying the game for OT or outright winning it. 

I think Houston gets in the playoffs this year instead of the Bills.  I see 5 to 6 more wins on their schedule.

That's possible. It really boils down to Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincinnati. They already have the head to head advantage over the Steelers. They play the Bengals this Sunday, and then the Browns towards the end of the year with the Jets in the mix as well who might also be trying to sneak in if Aaron Rodgers is able to come back next month. 

I think Cincinnati makes it with Baltimore taking the division. This back of the year for the AFC is going to be fun to watch this year. With the exception of New England, Denver, tennessee and indianapolis it feels like a lot of teams could be fighting in week 16 and week 17 for that 6th and 7th seed.

Let's see how C.J. Stroud handles a good pass rush. He'll get flustered, like any rookie QB would, but he looks like a guy who will figure it out pretty quickly. 

The Texans got 'em a good one. Now they just need to coach the run out of him. It's a good tool to have as long as it's used judiciously, otherwise, he will get injured.

(11-07-2023, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Let's see how C.J. Stroud handles a good pass rush. He'll get flustered, like any rookie QB would, but he looks like a guy who will figure it out pretty quickly. 

The Texans got 'em a good one. Now they just need to coach the run out of him. It's a good tool to have as long as it's used judiciously, otherwise, he will get injured.

Say what?  Coach the run out of him?  He has 20 total carries in eight games this season with a game high of four.  The guy is a pocket QB.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]