Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars at Texans talk

Gettin’ chippy!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d725f6fcm1csjg3wlju2...y.gif&ct=g]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-24-2023, 07:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 06:59 PM)cland Wrote: Pretty sure if you take away 3 key plays from any game you can affect the outcome drastically.

Sure you can

The odds of the tinhorns getting lucky by Ridley dropping a TD and 8 Jags special teams players whiffing on stopping a kick return are astronomically low though. 

The game was an outlier poor performance from a Jags squad that has looked miles better in several games against better teams than the Houston squad. In case you missed the point.

Doesn't the 'Texans having 4 of their 5 starting lineman out for the game' stack on your astronomically low chart?  And even if you change those plays, you're still 7 points from winning...assuming you've stopped the Texans from scoring a TD instead of the return TD.  I just think "hypothetically" removing plays while analyzing a game doesn't get you much.

(11-24-2023, 07:47 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 07:19 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: BritJag, to call me a female because we had a difference of an opinion on a certain former player is distasteful and disrespectful. 

Yes, I had a higher opinion of Blake than the rest on here but I would hope you have the maturity to move past the situation as I have done as well. I'm a Jacksonville Jaguars fan first and just like  you wants this team to be successful. 

I ask you respectfully, to address me by my gender and lets please discuss the current topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Can't we all just get along? Or have we forgotten the words of the Reverend King?

Reverend King? I do believe you're mixing up Rodney with Martin.
Definitely an easy mistake

Zay is out. Must have had a setback this week. That hurts.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-24-2023, 11:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Zay is out. Must have had a setback this week. That hurts.

Where do you see that??
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1728156934581244414

If we can pressure Stroud we can compensate Tysons absence—he was not himself anyway yet. Do the Texans have O-line issues? If we can’t pressure them, we will have to put points on the board. What gives me confidence is that we hammered them last year in Houston and we play well on the road.

When you read the article, and, you get down to the final paragraph. Read carefully and have a good chuckle this morning over a cup of coffee or what have you. It's amazing that people get away with putting this out there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/hou...d9af&ei=11
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-25-2023, 08:11 AM)Holger Wrote: If we can pressure Stroud we can compensate Tysons absence—he was not himself anyway yet. Do the Texans have O-line issues? If we can’t pressure them, we will have to put points on the board. What gives me confidence is that we hammered them last year in Houston and we play well on the road.

Houston's OL has been pretty good. No major weakness there to exploit, so we'll need guys to win tough matchups and we'll need to send that 5th guy very strategically at times. We've had some good luck sending ILB and DBs on blitzes thus far. Time to implement what we've learned from it. 

You are right about Campbell not being himself when he's played. He was allowing a lot more catches when he's seen he field this season. Hope he can get on track by January.

(11-25-2023, 08:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: When you read the article, and, you get down to the final paragraph. Read carefully and have a good chuckle this morning over a cup of coffee or what have you. It's amazing that people get away with putting this out there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/hou...d9af&ei=11

I followed the article back to its origin site ClutchPoints and the article there has a brief bio about the author DJ Foster.  I initially thought this was a former NFL player, but no, just some high school basketball coach and part time writer out of CA.  I was looking for a comments section on the article on either site but there is none on either.  Alternatively, you can follow him on X/twitter at @fosterdj3 or just go there tag him and let him have it.

This game feels like a 27-20 victory for the Jags if they simply eliminate most of the dumb mistakes they made in the first matchup between these teams.

Wider margin if they play virtually mistake free ball.

(11-24-2023, 10:11 PM)cland Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 07:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sure you can

The odds of the tinhorns getting lucky by Ridley dropping a TD and 8 Jags special teams players whiffing on stopping a kick return are astronomically low though. 

The game was an outlier poor performance from a Jags squad that has looked miles better in several games against better teams than the Houston squad. In case you missed the point.

Doesn't the 'Texans having 4 of their 5 starting lineman out for the game' stack on your astronomically low chart?  And even if you change those plays, you're still 7 points from winning...assuming you've stopped the Texans from scoring a TD instead of the return TD.  I just think "hypothetically" removing plays while analyzing a game doesn't get you much.
Yeah - I understood your point the first time. 

I'm not removing plays as much as looking at 6 games this year in which the Jags didn't shoot themselves in the foot that way and expecting that type of performance. 

The Jags moved the ball for over 400 yards against the tinhorns but failed to turn that into points.

I don't think they'll do that again. 

We'll see if you get a mistake prone Jags opponent again and how it affects the game if you don't. 
My money is on it looking very different from the first skirmish.

Jaguars win by 3 or beat the hell out of them tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://youtu.be/f7SIY6hT_p0?si=ome5C8tNrurpmyJ4

Good discussion guys. I agree with you, the Texans have not been the better team in most of their games this year. The "ball has bounced their way" more times than not, nothing you can really hang your hat on. I d9nt think anyone serious in Houston think this is a good team, we're just riding the wave of good fortune & enjoying our good favor.

We're getting amazing play out of our rookie QB. None of us expected or predicted it at this level. Pretty exciting watching him week after week. Every WR is taking their turn stepping up & our OL is playing better than their individual ability. Defense is a team effort, nothing in particular standing out except maybe situational awareness.

Looking forward to a good game, gladiator style. May the best team win.
ImATexan

(11-25-2023, 12:10 PM)Thunderkyss Wrote: https://youtu.be/f7SIY6hT_p0?si=ome5C8tNrurpmyJ4

Good discussion guys. I agree with you, the Texans have not been the better team in most of their games this year. The "ball has bounced their way" more times than not, nothing you can really hang your hat on. I d9nt think anyone serious in Houston think this is a good team, we're just riding the wave of good fortune & enjoying our good favor.

We're getting amazing play out of our rookie QB. None of us expected or predicted it at this level. Pretty exciting watching him week after week. Every WR is taking their turn stepping up & our OL is playing better than their individual ability. Defense is a team effort, nothing in particular standing out except maybe situational awareness.

Looking forward to a good game, gladiator style. May the best team win.

Everything is pointing to your team having landed a good QB and it would appear a more than competent coach. 

Jags/Texans could become a pretty good battle for the AFCS if both teams continue on their current paths of improvement. 

Most of the brief stints of Jaguars success in the past have come battling the titans or colts, so this could be an interesting new dynamic for the division if it pans out as I suspect it will.

This is about as big of a game as much as one game could be. But regardless it doesn't dictate how the season ends it just changes the path to and through the playoffs. I'd imagine we're in good Wild Card position going forward even with an L, but it is an unnerving feeling.

Are we ever going to be full health this year?

(11-25-2023, 01:45 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Are we ever going to be full health this year?
Probably not.

That’s how it goes for most teams this late in the season though

Saw a Texans vlog thingy on YouTube this morn8ng. They said the Texans & Jags have never met this late in the season when both teams were over .500

I didn't fact check but that sounds about right according to my memory.
ImATexan

(11-25-2023, 12:02 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 11:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Zay is out. Must have had a setback this week. That hurts.

Where do you see that??
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1728156934581244414

I actually saw it on the Jags website injury report. Looks like it was a typo. Def said Out last night. Now says questionable
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Not confident

Yeah I’m not feeling confident walking into this one. I hope we show up though.