Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Browns Gameday***

Who ever was at LT I think 73 he sucks absolutely garbage
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-10-2023, 07:01 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Who ever was at LT I think 73 he sucks absolutely garbage

Was it hance?

(12-10-2023, 07:01 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Who ever was at LT I think 73 he sucks absolutely garbage

Blake Hance, the 3rd team right guard.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That was him I mena I get it he's third string but damn he was just a greater at Walmart for the DE all day.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-10-2023, 07:04 PM)EricC85 Wrote: That was him I mena I get it he's third string but damn he was just a greater at Walmart for the DE all day.

4th string at tackle.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-10-2023, 06:51 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 06:30 PM)carp8dm Wrote: When Doug and Caldwell complained about the Home Team's fans being too loud on Defense last Monday...  That was wild...

What? I missed that

He wasn’t complaining about it. He said when the crowd’s as loud as it was that evening, the players have to do a better job of communicating, perhaps using hand signals and what not.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-10-2023, 07:10 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 06:51 PM)EricC85 Wrote: What? I missed that

He wasn’t complaining about it. He said when the crowd’s as loud as it was that evening, the players have to do a better job of communicating, perhaps using hand signals and what not.

Context and inference fail 

They mentioned a couple of times when the D did not communicate a play, formation, or audible well due to (ostensibly) crowd noise 

They did not complain about our 12th man doing what they are supposed to do

The Jags reward for losing 2 in a row……..is to face Baltimore next. Yikes.

(12-10-2023, 08:05 PM)todd-parker Wrote: The Jags reward for losing 2 in a row……..is to face Baltimore next. Yikes.

We ain’t scared.

We had our chances, just did not get it done. They pay the brown's players too ya know?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-10-2023, 09:15 PM)Jag149 Wrote: We had our chances, just did not get it done. They pay the brown's players too ya know?

This.

And there’s no such thing as a favorable matchup in the NFL. 38 year old, Joe Flacco just drug our defense up and down the field.

Nice of us to help Flacco be named the Browns starter from here on out.

The bangles and browns are super solid teams. The jags should have and could have Won both games . Jags need to get their focus back and coaches need to step it up.

One thing I noticed was that the Browns covered us one on one and no one ever seemed to be open. Every time they showed the coverage on a replay, it was tight coverage. I never saw any open receivers.

Which is why our lack of a running game is really hurting us. If the defense is covering man to man, if the running back cracks the line of scrimmage, the DBs have their backs turned. But we aren't cracking the line of scrimmage.

My daughter who is new to football, was getting pissed watching ETN go nowhere up the middle on first down every drive.

But going for it with 3 min left and 3 time outs on your own side of the field was mind boggling stupid.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 10:45 AM by Caldrac.)

We scored 27 points on a Browns team that's been fantastic at home all year. With a gimped up Lawrence and a banged up offensive line on a short week with limited repetitions and no Kirk offensively.

We were one point shy (again, questionable coaching decisions, easily could have resulted in more points) from tying Baltimore's 28 points that scored in their home turf which would have been the most points they had given up all year at home. That's with a [BLEEP] TON of turnovers as well. A [BLEEP] TON.

That's against the #1 overall defense. Some of you are so [BLEEP] casual as fans I can't stand being on here at times. Some of you are so quick to jump the gun or abandon ship when you're not seeing just how crazy and wide open the AFC has been this year. Not all's lost. That game was. But, there's still plenty of [BLEEP] football left and we're going to make the play-offs regardless, come hell or high water.

But, my god, settle the [BLEEP] down. R-E-L-A-X.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-11-2023, 10:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We scored 27 points on a Browns team that's been fantastic at home all year. With a gimped up Lawrence and a banged up offensive line on a short week with limited repetitions and no Kirk offensively.

We were one point shy (again, questionable coaching decisions, easily could have resulted in more points) from tying Baltimore's 28 points that scored in their home turf which would have been the most points they had given up all year at home. That's with a [BLEEP] TON of turnovers as well. A [BLEEP] TON.

That's against the #1 overall defense. Some of you are so [BLEEP] casual as fans I can't stand being on here at times. Some of you are so quick to jump the gun or abandon ship when you're not seeing just how crazy and wide open the AFC has been this year. Not all's lost. That game was. But, there's still plenty of [BLEEP] football left and we're going to make the play-offs regardless, come hell or high water.

This is where I’m at. 

Do people really forget how bad it was from 2011 - 2021 around here? And people were saying I wish we were just competitive at least? 

We are.

(12-11-2023, 10:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We scored 27 points on a Browns team that's been fantastic at home all year. With a gimped up Lawrence and a banged up offensive line on a short week with limited repetitions and no Kirk offensively.

Fair enough but I suspect a lot of people feel we should be beyond taking comfort in moral victories by now.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-11-2023, 03:14 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Fair enough but I suspect a lot of people feel we should be beyond taking comfort in moral victories by now.

This right here.

We've certainly turned the corner as a franchise especially after being 1-15 a few years ago but given our talent and coaching - I feel like the moral victories are something that bad teams cling on to as hope for the future.

What Caldrac has said is definitely true and considering everything that our team is facing, yes we have done well overall. 

However, the upper echelon of teams in the NFL certainly beat teams they should beat and do so convincingly. And I guess we're still not quite "there" yet as our Jags have been unable to piece together a complete team win in all three phases of the game - without shooting ourselves in the foot here-and-there.

(12-11-2023, 03:25 PM)enigma Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 03:14 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Fair enough but I suspect a lot of people feel we should be beyond taking comfort in moral victories by now.

This right here.

We've certainly turned the corner as a franchise especially after being 1-15 a few years ago but given our talent and coaching - I feel like the moral victories are something that bad teams cling on to as hope for the future.

What Caldrac has said is definitely true and considering everything that our team is facing, yes we have done well overall. 

However, the upper echelon of teams in the NFL certainly beat teams they should beat and do so convincingly. And I guess we're still not quite "there" yet as our Jags have been unable to piece together a complete team win in all three phases of the game - without shooting ourselves in the foot here-and-there.
You say that, but, again. Take a look around this year. It's wide open. The 49ers should have beat the Bengals, Vikings and Browns. They didn't.

The Eagles should have beat the Jets, the Cowboys and played better against teams like the Bills. They didn't.

I think this is the new NFL man. People need to enjoy it. I am tired of the "Dynasty" [BLEEP] in sports. It's okay if Mahomes isn't the next Brady or Montana. It's okay if the Eagles are probably the most overrated NFC team we've seen in quite some time.

It's okay that the rest of the NFL is finally catching up across all 32 rosters and the playing field is being somewhat leveled. Outside of the Panthers and Patriots this year. Some of these "bottom" teams have been somewhat decent.

Now, as far as the brand goes? Maybe the NFL will cave in. They'll look at the officiating closely, look at changing some rules around, etc. But, I am genuinely happy as an overall fan of football this year in general.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."