Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

(12-13-2023, 11:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 05:50 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Well, shooting seems a little excessive, not to mention a waste of good ammo.  A simple lesson in physics should do the trick.  Kids, here's what happens when 150 lbs. of stupidity steps in front of 3,000 lbs. of moving car and the driver does NOT apply the brakes.

WARNING: Vehicle occupants may occasionally experience a slight bumping sensation under the tires and muffled screams have been reported

Well, my way is more humane.. Although your way is more satisfying. We need to come to a compromise. How about a law that let's us shoot em first, then run them over?

Humane?  You're such a killjoy!  Driving past over the human "barricade" is just the physics lesson.  The real fun begins when you rev the motor, slap it into reverse and watch the remaining protesters scatter.

P.S.  We'll need a car with a good backup camera!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 10:39 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Why does everything have to be politicized? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-da...2c04&ei=15

The Manhattan-based dance company featured in the White House’s annual Christmas video Thursday endorses discredited “antiracism” activists and radical left-wing causes, including prison abolition and defunding law enforcement.

First lady Jill Biden shared Dorrance Dance’s “playful interpretation of The Nutcracker Suite” on X Thursday, which was widely panned for its “Hunger Games” and “Clockwork Orange” aesthetic.

While the tap routine appeared apolitical, the dance troupe’s website is anything but – promoting far-left policies that are even out of step with the Biden administration.

“I am a white tap dancer with Black cultural ancestors in a society that privileges white people and whiteness,” Michelle Dorrance, the company’s founder, writes in a note on the troupe’s website titled, “Why antiracism work is important to me.”
“I am easy for white audiences wanting to access and experience elements of Black culture to swallow. My whiteness is the reason you may have heard of me before two of my inspirations,” she adds, referencing two contemporary black tap dancers, Ayodele Casel and Dormeshia.

“It is imperative for me, and those who look like me, to acknowledge that. It is imperative for us to fight against racist norms that have defined American culture since its very origin.”...

(12-15-2023, 10:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why does everything have to be politicized? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-da...2c04&ei=15

The Manhattan-based dance company featured in the White House’s annual Christmas video Thursday endorses discredited “antiracism” activists and radical left-wing causes, including prison abolition and defunding law enforcement.

First lady Jill Biden shared Dorrance Dance’s “playful interpretation of The Nutcracker Suite” on X Thursday, which was widely panned for its “Hunger Games” and “Clockwork Orange” aesthetic.

While the tap routine appeared apolitical, the dance troupe’s website is anything but – promoting far-left policies that are even out of step with the Biden administration.

“I am a white tap dancer with Black cultural ancestors in a society that privileges white people and whiteness,” Michelle Dorrance, the company’s founder, writes in a note on the troupe’s website titled, “Why antiracism work is important to me.”
“I am easy for white audiences wanting to access and experience elements of Black culture to swallow. My whiteness is the reason you may have heard of me before two of my inspirations,” she adds, referencing two contemporary black tap dancers, Ayodele Casel and Dormeshia.

“It is imperative for me, and those who look like me, to acknowledge that. It is imperative for us to fight against racist norms that have defined American culture since its very origin.”...

That [BLEEP] is microagressing and culturally appropriating Italian dance. She needs to shut up until she quits and apologizes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I love this leftist prevarication. Wu says a mistake was made. Not the glaring hypocrisy of hosting a 'no whites allowed' party, but the fact the email invitation was mistakenly sent to white people. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/boston...8#comments

...Tabitha Bonilla, an associate professor at Northwestern University's Institute for Policy Research, said such groups and events often help people of color and others historically excluded from elected office to navigate these spaces and deal with the unique challenges and pressures they face.

"Affinity spaces can be really important when you're trying to expand access to different arenas... People of color are historically underrepresented in elected office, and so you can imagine it would be important to have safe spaces for people to come together and talk," she said...

When whites become the minority in this country, can we claim safe spaces? Just asking.

(12-15-2023, 01:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I love this leftist prevarication. Wu says a mistake was made. Not the glaring hypocrisy of hosting a 'no whites allowed' party, but the fact the email invitation was mistakenly sent to white people. 

...Tabitha Bonilla, an associate professor at Northwestern University's Institute for Policy Research, said such groups and events often help people of color and others historically excluded from elected office to navigate these spaces and deal with the unique challenges and pressures they face.

"Affinity spaces can be really important when you're trying to expand access to different arenas... People of color are historically underrepresented in elected office, and so you can imagine it would be important to have safe spaces for people to come together and talk," she said...

When whites become the minority in this country, can we claim safe spaces? Just asking.

I've hosted many parties that happened to only include white people.  I never said other races weren't allowed, I just couldn't think of any that I wanted to invite. Anybody is allowed to throw parties like this on their own time.

As a general rule, never use work email to plan social events unless the boss is paying.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-15-2023, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 01:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I love this leftist prevarication. Wu says a mistake was made. Not the glaring hypocrisy of hosting a 'no whites allowed' party, but the fact the email invitation was mistakenly sent to white people. 

I've hosted many parties that happened to only include white people.  I never said other races weren't allowed, I just couldn't think of any that I wanted to invite. Anybody is allowed to throw parties like this on their own time.

As a general rule, never use work email to plan social events unless the boss is paying.

Are you intentionally missing the point or are you attempting to foster some kind of understanding? I honestly don’t know.

(12-15-2023, 03:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: I've hosted many parties that happened to only include white people.  I never said other races weren't allowed, I just couldn't think of any that I wanted to invite. Anybody is allowed to throw parties like this on their own time.

Are you intentionally missing the point or are you attempting to foster some kind of understanding? I honestly don’t know.

I'm saying "our only mistake was getting caught" is kind of a valid point of view on this.

(12-15-2023, 03:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 03:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Are you intentionally missing the point or are you attempting to foster some kind of understanding? I honestly don’t know.

I'm saying "our only mistake was getting caught" is kind of a valid point of view on this.

Let me mark you down in the "Intentionally missing the point" column. 

Anyway: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/michel...6ec3&ei=20

(12-15-2023, 03:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 03:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm saying "our only mistake was getting caught" is kind of a valid point of view on this.

Let me mark you down in the "Intentionally missing the point" column. 

OK.
I definitely think she should have been as low key as possible and she should have left as little of a paper trail and photo trail as practical, but, inviting a targeted group of friends to a private party is not a bad thing.  It would be exhausting for all of us if we weren't allowed to throw parties until we had a sufficiently diverse group of friends.

(12-15-2023, 04:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 03:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Let me mark you down in the "Intentionally missing the point" column. 

OK.
I definitely think she should have been as low key as possible and she should have left as little of a paper trail and photo trail as practical, but, inviting a targeted group of friends to a private party is not a bad thing.  It would be exhausting for all of us if we weren't allowed to throw parties until we had a sufficiently diverse group of friends.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pbh2.com%2Fwordpress...ipo=images]

(12-15-2023, 04:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 03:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Let me mark you down in the "Intentionally missing the point" column. 

OK.

Spoken like someone who's last Christmas Party attendees probably looked like the cast from The Sound of Music..

Mikes... Dreaming... of a white.. Christmas!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-15-2023, 04:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 04:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: OK.

Spoken like someone who's last Christmas Party attendees probably looked like the cast from The Sound of Music..

I just don't understand him, sometimes. Although there are some on here who would argue with Mike over anything, I think he makes some salient points on occasion. At other times, like this, his willful obtuseness is baffling.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 05:13 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-15-2023, 04:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 04:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Spoken like someone who's last Christmas Party attendees probably looked like the cast from The Sound of Music..

I just don't understand him, sometimes. Although there are some on here who would argue with Mike over anything, I think he makes some salient points on occasion. At other times, like this, his willful obtuseness is baffling.

The trick is to not let him/them/they get to ya lol

Low hangin fruit.. Which is probably the reason why I haunt this section like a bi-polar Casper.

(12-15-2023, 05:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 04:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just don't understand him, sometimes. Although there are some on here who would argue with Mike over anything, I think he makes some salient points on occasion. At other times, like this, his willful obtuseness is baffling.

The trick is to not let him/them/they get to ya lol

Low hangin fruit.. Which is probably the reason why I haunt this section like a bi-polar Casper.

No one here gets to me. I just don't understand the selectively applied logic and ethics. But that's a calling card of the left. If found violating the same edicts they demand of others, they just change the definition. Like the Harvard president who won't call out antisemitism on her campus, and when it was discovered she had committed over two dozen instances of plagiarism in her doctoral thesis, they simply changed the standard to "instances of inadequate citation". But we all know if she were someone they were at ideological odds with, or someone they couldn't hold up as a model for their DEI policies, she would be canned immediately. 

The rest of the world calls these things hypocrisy. I can't wait to see the left's new definition for that word.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 05:52 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-15-2023, 05:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 05:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The trick is to not let him/them/they get to ya lol

No one here gets to me. I just don't understand the selectively applied logic and ethics. But that's a calling card of the left. If found violating the same edicts they demand of others, they just change the definition. Like the Harvard president who won't call out antisemitism on her campus, and when it was discovered she had committed over two dozen instances of plagiarism in her doctoral thesis, they simply changed the standard to "instances of inadequate citation". But we all know if she were someone they were at ideological odds with, or someone they couldn't hold up as a model for their DEI policies, she would be canned immediately. 

The rest of the world calls these things hypocrisy. I can't wait to see the left's new definition for that word.

I saw that in the news, and I think it's terrible.  if a white mayor threw a party, and said it was for white city council people only, the outcry would be incredible, and justifiably so.

(12-15-2023, 05:52 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 05:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No one here gets to me. I just don't understand the selectively applied logic and ethics. But that's a calling card of the left. If found violating the same edicts they demand of others, they just change the definition. Like the Harvard president who won't call out antisemitism on her campus, and when it was discovered she had committed over two dozen instances of plagiarism in her doctoral thesis, they simply changed the standard to "instances of inadequate citation". But we all know if she were someone they were at ideological odds with, or someone they couldn't hold up as a model for their DEI policies, she would be canned immediately. 

I saw that in the news, and I think it's terrible.  if a white mayor threw a party, and said it was for white city council people only, the outcry would be incredible, and justifiably so.

Sure. It’s obvious to any casual observer who is willing to put aside their political biases in order to see the truth. 

This, and the responses of denial, are exactly what is separating this country. It ain’t just the bad orange man.

(12-15-2023, 06:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 05:52 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I saw that in the news, and I think it's terrible.  if a white mayor threw a party, and said it was for white city council people only, the outcry would be incredible, and justifiably so.

Sure. It’s obvious to any casual observer who is willing to put aside their political biases in order to see the truth. 

This, and the responses of denial, are exactly what is separating this country. It ain’t just the bad orange man.

I am unsure why people get surprised by the left. Those that are should just read their playbook...?

https://bolenreport.com/saul-alinskys-12...-radicals/
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 07:07 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Mikey is a political [bleep].

Dang. [bleep] Is a bad word on here? Is there an option to turn off the swear filter on this board?

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 07:56 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

I mean lolololol

This is Joe Biden’s America.. This is his Broke Back Better plan lolol

https://twitter.com/chiIIum/status/17357...EkCnQ&s=19

Accounts are reporting that this is Democrat Senator Ben Cardin lololol

These democrats and libs are definitely the gift that keeps on giving lolol
[Image: SirdZ.gif]
Anyone seen Hunter?!? lolololol