Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers vs Jags

Current scenarios (1) If we win next two obviously we win the division....(2) we beat Carolina have the Texans and colts lose we win the division....(3) We win against Carolina colts lose ...Texans win... and then fast forward to week 18 If we lose against the Titans and colts beat Texans we win the division If the Texans beat the colts then we go to the seventh seed and that only stands If browns beat Bangles.... So if we beat Carolina and lose to the Titans we need Bengals to drop to Cleveland.... Considering colts will lose to the raiders.... If colts Texans and Jags all win this week and we lose to Tennessee It doesn't matter what the colts Texans do in the last game we lose the division the only way we get in is with a Bengals loss at that point.... So here's to us winning this week. the colts losing this week and then colts winning next week Then we can drop a game against Tennessee it won't matter we win the division....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-28-2023, 04:57 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Current scenarios (1)  If we win next two obviously we win the division....(2) we beat Carolina have the Texans and colts lose we win the division....(3) We win against Carolina colts lose ...Texans win... and then fast forward to week 18 If we lose against the Titans and colts beat Texans we win the division If the Texans beat the colts then we go to the seventh seed and that only stands If browns beat Bangles.... So if we beat Carolina and lose to the Titans we need Bengals to drop to Cleveland.... Considering colts will lose to the raiders.... If colts Texans and Jags all win this week and we lose to Tennessee It doesn't matter what the colts Texans do in the last game we lose the division the only way we get in is with a Bengals loss at that point.... So here's to us winning this week.  the colts losing this week and then colts winning next week Then we can drop a game against Tennessee it won't matter we win the division....

Edit: If we lose that last game to Tennessee we need the browns and Denver to win if the Texans beat the colts we'll get to 7th seed.... Colts beat Texans and we lose to the Titans we win the division pending on a colts loss in week 17

Trevor DNP today.

Just like last week, tomorrow will be a big test.

No chance we get a wild card, win the division or season is done.

(12-28-2023, 05:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Trevor DNP today.

I get the feeling playing through injury and consecutive starts are big deals to him.  I'll be a little surprised if he doesn't play.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2023, 05:59 PM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

Only 2 games left in the regular season and possibly the entire season. I hope he plays, and gets help from his teammates with a great effort. They will have plenty of off season to recover.

(12-28-2023, 05:41 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

I get the feeling playing through injury and consecutive starts are big deals to him.  I'll be a little surprised if he doesn't play.

Someone needs to speak up if he is truly too battered to play

(12-28-2023, 05:39 PM)H8tank Wrote: No chance we get a wild card, win the division or season is done.

It's possible....but two things need to happen....or one.... depending on how things go.... One scenario it'll come down to the browns and Bengals and the browns will be playing for the division so they shouldn't sit players and they should be able to beat the Bengals....

(12-28-2023, 05:58 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 05:41 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I get the feeling playing through injury and consecutive starts are big deals to him.  I'll be a little surprised if he doesn't play.

Someone needs to speak up if he is truly too battered to play
Why tell the opponent who you're going to play

We'll see how tomorrow goes. If he can go Sunday then he'll start. Maybe we'll get lucky, Lawrence scores 4TD's and we can thank the D for winning us another game.

If we have no Lawrence, Sunday just got a lot tougher.

(12-28-2023, 05:41 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

Let him play a couple of series, then sit him. He can claim that game as a start.

Sucking into the playoffs has always panned out..

We need to clobber Carolina. Convincingly beat them, Raiders might beat Colts, Houston isn't the same team they were. I think if we handle our business we're in. Good riddance, get it done this week.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023, 12:25 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trev needs to get right in case we somehow make the playoffs. Rest up man we know he's tough.

The Browns just punched their ticket to the dance. Likely the AFC South's wild card opponent.

(12-29-2023, 12:14 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Sucking into the playoffs has always panned out..

We need to clobber Carolina. Convincingly beat them, Raiders might beat Colts, Houston isn't the same team they were. I think if we handle our business we're in. Good riddance, get it done this week.

Jags have not had back to back divisional titles since the 90s. That’s reason enough to want to make the play offs. I think this has been a brutal first place schedule and the jags had some mental fatigue from playing so many tough teams. They can bounce back.

I hope we win out and get the home playoff game. I have no illusions about how we’ll do there, especially if it’s the Browns who look hot right now. But getting there in back to back seasons will be a first since 99.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-28-2023, 11:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 05:41 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I get the feeling playing through injury and consecutive starts are big deals to him.  I'll be a little surprised if he doesn't play.

Let him play a couple of series, then sit him. He can claim that game as a start.

Exactly, once we have a 21 point lead put in C.J.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-28-2023, 11:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Not the worst idea if he's actually up to it. The shoulder sprain is a concern. 
I'd rather CJ than off-target TL. Trevor has not practiced this week and we'll wait to see what today's Injury Report reveals.

TL needs to pass on the start and set the ego aside.
The Jags can and should win with Beathard ....
A more banged-up TL does us no good and maybe even gives us another loss.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-29-2023, 10:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 11:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Let him play a couple of series, then sit him. He can claim that game as a start.

Not the worst idea if he's actually up to it. The shoulder sprain is a concern. 
I'd rather CJ than off-target TL. Trevor has not practiced this week and we'll wait to see what today's Injury Report reveals.

If he can play, he will play. If he’s too sore to throw, he won’t play.

I think the concern with playing the Panthers is that their players are motivated to survive in the NFL for the next season, due to the head coach being fired and their team having a crappy record. This is the whole team is playing in a contract year times 2.