Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Titans Gameday***

(01-07-2024, 05:44 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:38 PM)carp8dm Wrote: It's obvious that The Prince has regressed dramatically this year.  But I don't hold Lawrence 100% accountable for the fact that his entire coaching staff let him and the team down.  This team was led by a group of coaches that obviously felt they could coast this entire year.  We started out looking wrong, and just got worse and worse over every week.

I kept saying that this team didn't look the same as last year, I kept saying the coaching isn't doing the same thing they did as last year.  And I was berated and lambasted by 2 boot lickers that refused to see the truth.

I'm glad to have been proven right.  I'm sad to know that it was so obvious and should have been corrected by the end of September...

The five loses to close out the year the team allowed 34, 31, 23, 30, and 28 points.

You can blame it all on Trevor if you want, but the team loses games, not the QB.
Only telling part of the story. In some of those points Lawrence gave it way with the the opposing team already being in scoring range. Lawrence gave points away too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2024, 05:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Lawrence has talent. It's being overshadowed by turnovers. You can't keep taking a bad situation and making it worse by playing hero ball more often than not. It's a problem. First step towards healing is admitting it's a problem.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

The issue is that Trevor isn't the 1st problem. Doug isn't interested in talking about the problems, it's on all the players not executing. Unless Doug addresses the problems internally, this team could fall apart this off-season. It will be interesting to see if players want to sign to join the team or if the Jags have to overpay and guys who are FAs leave even with deals offered.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-07-2024, 04:58 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 04:58 PM)tkappa511 Wrote: congrats to the Texans who have a Franchise QB and the arrow is pointing up….

Eh, we thought the same thing last year and so did the rest of the league. Things change fast.

If anyone thought Trevor has ever been as good as Stroud has been this year, they are truely blinded by the kool-aid.

(01-07-2024, 06:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 04:58 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Eh, we thought the same thing last year and so did the rest of the league. Things change fast.

If anyone thought Trevor has ever been as good as Stroud has been this year, they are truely blinded by the kool-aid.
Didn’t you say he was going to be a bust?

Seems your ability to evaluate QBs is pretty off….

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 06:18 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-07-2024, 04:58 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Eh, we thought the same thing last year and so did the rest of the league. Things change fast.

Stroud is the best QB in this division right now and it's not even close. You can get pissy about that statement all you want.

Stroud overcame 10+ penalties on the road yesterday and got it done in a high stakes game.

He's a scary [BLEEP] good rookie and we may very well be seeing the future we had HOPED for when we drafted Lawrence becoming an actual REALITY for the [BLEEP] tinhorns.

[BLEEP] will make you ill son. [BLEEP] ill. They absolutely had a good draft class and it's LITERALLY the difference between us going in the #1 seed conversation to sitting at home next weekend after an 8 - 3 start while they hit a 10 - 7 record after they decided to let Stroud rest properly with that concussion.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Where are the press confrences?

(01-07-2024, 05:46 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:11 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: It's funny how defensive you get. Are you and Trevor [BLEEP]?

CJ Stroud had a better year this year than Trevor has ever had and he has less weapons.
Typical unintelligent fan....I can see when a defense can't stop a 5-11 team from scoring 28 points....I don't blame it on one player

You don't EVER blame the offense. You don't EVER blame Trevor. Unrequited love.

(01-07-2024, 06:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 06:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: If anyone thought Trevor has ever been as good as Stroud has been this year, they are truely blinded by the kool-aid.

I did, I also said I was wrong. 

I haven't said i'm wrong on Trevor because well.. why don't you go rewatch this past game, or the last 4-5 he's played.

[BLEEP] no.

Stroud, in his first year, has out-performed and outshined TLaw in the 3 seasons he has been in the NFL when comparing it QB-to-QB.

We've been a terrible team but putting all excuses aside, Stroud unfortunately has been playing like how I expected Trevor to be for our team.

(01-07-2024, 05:46 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:11 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: It's funny how defensive you get. Are you and Trevor [BLEEP]?

CJ Stroud had a better year this year than Trevor has ever had and he has less weapons.
Typical unintelligent fan....I can see when a defense can't stop a 5-11 team from scoring 28 points....I don't blame it on one player

Nejagsfan is like the Anti-Jaguar MVP.. he took a stupid stance and refuses to admit faults in the slightest.

Big 2005 and 2006 vibes. An inconsistent but promising QB almost got us to the playoffs, got injured along the way, left us wondering if we rushed him back from that injury.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-07-2024, 06:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: Big 2005 and 2006 vibes.  An inconsistent but promising QB almost got us to the playoffs, got injured along the way, left us wondering if we rushed him back from that injury.

I guess what really was generational in Jacksonville was the ability our fans have to overrated the QB they have.

(01-07-2024, 06:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: Big 2005 and 2006 vibes.  An inconsistent but promising QB almost got us to the playoffs, got injured along the way, left us wondering if we rushed him back from that injury.

Did anyone ever really feel like Leftwich was the guy? I didn't.

(01-07-2024, 07:01 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:

Did anyone ever really feel like Leftwich was the guy? I didn't.

Half the board did..

The other half were wearing Fedoras..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-07-2024, 07:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 07:01 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Did anyone ever really feel like Leftwich was the guy? I didn't.

Half the board did..

The other half were wearing Fedoras..

Dude, I'd take Lefty or Bienemy at this point.

Pederson is a "player's" coach and it shows.  We're soft. 

And let's not get it twisted, when Pederson was hands on with the team last year, we looked really good.  We got better week over week and we peaked at the end of the season into the playoffs.

But this year?  Pederson isn't the same coach.  Dude is a grampa just meddling around and trying to pretend to be the leader.  You can tell there is no real Head Coach anymore.  Anyone that listens to Pederson's press conferences can tell he's checked out.

Fire the entire staff and get a young coach that want to actually build something.  Pederson doesn't care about building anything.  He's thinking about his "legacy" and his "coaching tree".  It's been obvious since the end of September.

Anyone that was paying attention could see that Pederson wasn't as invested as he was last year.  We've been coasting all year.  And it resulted in us looking worse and worse every week since October.

There's no accountability on this coaching staff.  Fire all the bums.

Doug Pederson got outcoached by Vrabel in so many ways this game

(01-07-2024, 07:14 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Doug Pederson got outcoached by Vrabel in so many ways this game

Yet it's Vrabel that's been on the hot seat.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 07:23 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2024, 07:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 07:14 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Doug Pederson got outcoached by Vrabel in so many ways this game

Yet it's Vrabel that's been on the hot seat.

Pederson should have been on the hot seat since October....

Just because there are boot lickers that don't want to admit the problems in coaching.  It's become obvious how bad our coaching staff is.

The entire team has regressed from last year.  Same players...  Yet they all look worse this year compared to last...  All Except for #44.

Let's not pretend this isn't a coaching failure.  It absolutely is.

EDIT: And why the hell was Jenkins and Cisco in so much when we have Wingard that would actually tackle?????????? The lack of heart on defense over last last 6 weeks has been atrocious. And Pederson just let it all go. All while the heart of our team, and a really good Strong Safety was not played for Jenkins. And Jenkins played like total trash the entire game!!! It's just not good enough. It hasn't been good enough since the end of September. I kept saying this...

(01-07-2024, 06:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 06:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: If anyone thought Trevor has ever been as good as Stroud has been this year, they are truely blinded by the kool-aid.

Way off he also changes his mind more then changes his crap stained whites.

Guy has already changed his sig he’s been chomping at the bit to go back to calling him a bust.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 08:32 PM by Canuck2288. Edited 1 time in total.)

In a win or out game, Lawrence blew it. No sugar coating it. QB rating of 82 in a must win game? Intercepted, missed passes, poor reads.

I just don’t understand how fans are drinking the “generational talent” koolaid.

Lawrence is a flop. He has had plenty of time to shine prove what he can do and all he has proven is that he is a turnover machine that can not win big games

Nice hair though