Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa

(01-20-2024, 10:36 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 09:39 AM)mikesez Wrote: Is ebonics found in 3,000 year old writings? Because Persian is.

Dude you should get back on your meds. Or get outside more. You're arguing way too many topics. It's unhealthy.

He's very proud to be a Wikipedian.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 01:57 PM by Jagger. Edited 1 time in total.)

If you’re a Biden fan, how do you defend this?

https://nypost.com/2024/01/18/news/biden...lly-in-dc/

I reiterate what I said…if you’re a Democrat, how do you let this guy run? Are you content losing in 2024 to Trump?

(01-20-2024, 01:56 PM)Jagger Wrote: If you’re a Biden fan, how do you defend this?

I reiterate what I said…if you’re a Democrat, how do you let this guy run? Are you content losing in 2024 to Trump?

Who knows why. Only one Democrat on this board attempts to engage in debate. They are completely unwilling to criticize their own party. Myself and other right-of-centers on this board do engage in self-criticism of our party. You will NEVER see a Democrat come in here and do the same. 

Democrat policies which elevate crime and decrease public safety? 
A wide-open border policy which is so out of control that migrants are begging door-to-door and living on the streets? 
Drugs pouring over the border causing 75K deaths a year?
Enabling drug cartels and human smugglers who have set up shop across the U.S.?
Outwardly sexualizing children in not-so-subtle grooming attempts? 
Rampant, overt and sometimes violent antisemitism?
Broadcasting U.S. weakness to the world? 

DuvalPride Democrat response: *crickets*

But boy, they sure do like to come in here on occasion for a driveby on Republicans while their own house is on fire.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 02:28 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-20-2024, 01:56 PM)Jagger Wrote: If you’re a Biden fan, how do you defend this?

They'll figure out how to defend it because he's running against Trump.. This election isn't about saving our country, to them, it's about stopping Trump and to hell with the country and damn the consequences.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-20-2024, 12:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 10:36 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dude you should get back on your meds. Or get outside more. You're arguing way too many topics. It's unhealthy.

It's easy for me. Don't worry.

I'm not worried I just get tired of seeing you everywhere and arguing everything.

I tried to tell ya'll. There's only one way he learns.

Trump takes NH. Haley officially sucks.

(01-24-2024, 12:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Trump takes NH. Haley officially sucks.
She didn't even win with the majority being independents and democrats voting in the republican primary.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-20-2024, 02:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Who knows why. Only one Democrat on this board attempts to engage in debate. They are completely unwilling to criticize their own party. Myself and other right-of-centers on this board do engage in self-criticism of our party. You will NEVER see a Democrat come in here and do the same. 

A wide-open border policy which is so out of control that migrants are begging door-to-door and living on the streets? 

But boy, they sure do like to come in here on occasion for a driveby on Republicans while their own house is on fire.

1. This is mostly an echo chamber for conservatives of one ilk or another because lefties get so tuned of by the group think or overwhelming majority of contributors

2. I'm horribly concerned by the Dems poor efforts to further their message in the majority of the most vulnerable red strongholds around the country - they are squandering opportunity to gain votes in many, many "markets"
- I also disagree with the complacency to roll with Biden/Harris over an upgrade even if I think I get why they feel it's the best path for now - (selling a new candidate over one that already defeated the enemy harbors a number of pitfalls that could derail the mission to keep orange guy out of DC)

I've also been very outspoken about the over the top left component that are our version of the MTG/Gaetz types. 
The right has their loonies - we have ours. Either ideal can take it too far, clearly.
Sometimes "the squad" latch on to a legit issue - but come up with totally ridiculous "solutions"

Regarding your specific issues:

While the issue has been widely hyperbolized  - the state and local level politicians in select areas definitely overreacted to various human rights cases/movements and lesser issues that deserve consternation - most of them reversed course in fairly short order when the error was apparent by result

Realistically - border policy didn't really change all that much when we shifted presidencies - but the media-right works really hard to make it appear otherwise. In reality - this should be a bi-partisan issue as it is a global concern nearing a tipping point. Many left leaning nations have radically altered border and immigration policy and we will need to keep pace. 
Another bipartisan issue that we've seen evolve and morph over the decades with differing drugs and consequence. Republicans (and Dems) spent billions in the 80's/90/s/early oughts on the war on drugs - only to cripple our prison system and it's budget while doing virtually nothing to meaningfully buffer the crack and heroin epidemics in the US. 

Nothing new. Just expanded. Doubtful a red/blue shift in DC alters that much. Both sides have sent giant budgets to border law enforcement historically.

Too broad to tackle here. Both aisles could be demonized in differing ways. I'll say I'm all about protecting our children and leave it there. Adult sexuality within the scope of law should be free - but influence on minors should be guarded carefully.

Evil. But also bipartisan. Many nuts out there that think they hate Jews for different reasons and coming from different platforms politically.

Trumps third favorite pastime is praising standing and historical dictators and displaying an utter ignorance of global politic.
So - let's also not make this one a one sided issue. 
But sure - we should be united in broadcasting a unified message of strength and a clear line in the sand.

Furthermore - I'll ask you to forgive the driveway nature of my posting in this forum - because I do carefully manage my personal gauges of stress, impatience, temper, and general content - and I've learned that too much engagement with opinions I cannot reconcile has an effect on my "fuse-length" in my personal and professional life.
I value the relationships I must maintain away from here far too much to let this forum irk me (on occasion) enough to spill over. 

So - yeah - crickets from me - unless I'm in a good frame of mind to offer discourse without a change in blood pressure. LOL
Y'all can joke on that. Call me triggered - whatever. All good. 
I just like to keep the important stuff important - and let political talk take a backseat. I've got TONS of right wing friends and family, and I've carefully steered away from this topic with them many times. This forum is not like that. It is direct confrontation. And it's important to keep it in perspective. 

(01-24-2024, 12:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 02:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Who knows why. Only one Democrat on this board attempts to engage in debate. They are completely unwilling to criticize their own party. Myself and other right-of-centers on this board do engage in self-criticism of our party. You will NEVER see a Democrat come in here and do the same. 

1. This is mostly an echo chamber for conservatives of one ilk or another because lefties get so tuned of by the group think or overwhelming majority of contributors

2. I'm horribly concerned by the Dems poor efforts to further their message in the majority of the most vulnerable red strongholds around the country - they are squandering opportunity to gain votes in many, many "markets"
- I also disagree with the complacency to roll with Biden/Harris over an upgrade even if I think I get why they feel it's the best path for now - (selling a new candidate over one that already defeated the enemy harbors a number of pitfalls that could derail the mission to keep orange guy out of DC)

I've also been very outspoken about the over the top left component that are our version of the MTG/Gaetz types. 
The right has their loonies - we have ours. Either ideal can take it too far, clearly.
Sometimes "the squad" latch on to a legit issue - but come up with totally ridiculous "solutions"

Regarding your specific issues:

While the issue has been widely hyperbolized  - the state and local level politicians in select areas definitely overreacted to various human rights cases/movements and lesser issues that deserve consternation - most of them reversed course in fairly short order when the error was apparent by result

Realistically - border policy didn't really change all that much when we shifted presidencies - but the media-right works really hard to make it appear otherwise. In reality - this should be a bi-partisan issue as it is a global concern nearing a tipping point. Many left leaning nations have radically altered border and immigration policy and we will need to keep pace. 
Another bipartisan issue that we've seen evolve and morph over the decades with differing drugs and consequence. Republicans (and Dems) spent billions in the 80's/90/s/early oughts on the war on drugs - only to cripple our prison system and it's budget while doing virtually nothing to meaningfully buffer the crack and heroin epidemics in the US. 

Nothing new. Just expanded. Doubtful a red/blue shift in DC alters that much. Both sides have sent giant budgets to border law enforcement historically.

Too broad to tackle here. Both aisles could be demonized in differing ways. I'll say I'm all about protecting our children and leave it there. Adult sexuality within the scope of law should be free - but influence on minors should be guarded carefully.

Evil. But also bipartisan. Many nuts out there that think they hate Jews for different reasons and coming from different platforms politically.

Trumps third favorite pastime is praising standing and historical dictators and displaying an utter ignorance of global politic.
So - let's also not make this one a one sided issue. 
But sure - we should be united in broadcasting a unified message of strength and a clear line in the sand.

Furthermore - I'll ask you to forgive the driveway nature of my posting in this forum - because I do carefully manage my personal gauges of stress, impatience, temper, and general content - and I've learned that too much engagement with opinions I cannot reconcile has an effect on my "fuse-length" in my personal and professional life.
I value the relationships I must maintain away from here far too much to let this forum irk me (on occasion) enough to spill over. 

So - yeah - crickets from me - unless I'm in a good frame of mind to offer discourse without a change in blood pressure. LOL
Y'all can joke on that. Call me triggered - whatever. All good. 
I just like to keep the important stuff important - and let political talk take a backseat. I've got TONS of right wing friends and family, and I've carefully steered away from this topic with them many times. This forum is not like that. It is direct confrontation. And it's important to keep it in perspective. 

I do the same, thing. No harassment from me on this issue.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 10:51 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

“Nikki Haley Announces She Has Won New Hampshire By Negative 12 Points”

https://babylonbee.com/news/nikki-haley-...-12-points

Quote:Media outlets called the race early as Nikki Haley began to pull away by a negative 9 points. Sources expect the lead to grow to around negative 12.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 11:20 AM by Jagger. Edited 1 time in total.)

I didn’t like his speech, though. Focus on Biden, stop attacking her and her dress. I think even Trey Gowdy mentioned something like that last night. Like just because she got closer than he thought she’d get is no reason to make personal attacks on her. I just didn’t like that. It wasn’t really a gracious victory speech.

Whether you like Haley or not, she’s working her butt off trying to peel off votes. I give her credit for going from like 2% to 35-40% in the polls. She’s not gonna win but she’s the last one standing and no one thought she would be.

(01-24-2024, 11:19 AM)Jagger Wrote:

I didn’t like his speech, though. Focus on Biden, stop attacking her and her dress. I think even Trey Gowdy mentioned something like that last night. Like just because she got closer than he thought she’d get is no reason to make personal attacks on her. I just didn’t like that. It wasn’t really a gracious victory speech.

Whether you like Haley or not, she’s working her butt off trying to peel off votes. I give her credit for going from like 2% to 35-40% in the polls. She’s not gonna win but she’s the last one standing and no one thought she would be.

But that is who he is.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-24-2024, 11:19 AM)Jagger Wrote:

She isn't peeling off any votes, she is only getting the neocon, rino votes that will vote for anyone but Trump. All other votes are democrats that are just doing it because there isn't a primary for them.

Republican voters who said the economy was good or great was ~21%. She gets those votes. Those are the high earners that don't care about anything that doesn't affect them directly. Until all the problems affect their little world, they will be happy supporting the uniparty candidates.

(01-24-2024, 02:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 11:19 AM)Jagger Wrote: I didn’t like his speech, though. Focus on Biden, stop attacking her and her dress. I think even Trey Gowdy mentioned something like that last night. Like just because she got closer than he thought she’d get is no reason to make personal attacks on her. I just didn’t like that. It wasn’t really a gracious victory speech.

She isn't peeling off any votes, she is only getting the neocon, rino votes that will vote for anyone but Trump. All other votes are democrats that are just doing it because there isn't a primary for them.

Republican voters who said the economy was good or great was ~21%. She gets those votes. Those are the high earners that don't care about anything that doesn't affect them directly. Until all the problems affect their little world, they will be happy supporting the uniparty candidates.

All due respect your overlooking a large segment of conservatives who will not support trump. Me not bending the knee to trump doesn't make me a neocon or rino, maga doesn't hold the patent on conservative.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 03:48 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-24-2024, 03:10 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 02:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote: She isn't peeling off any votes, she is only getting the neocon, rino votes that will vote for anyone but Trump. All other votes are democrats that are just doing it because there isn't a primary for them.

All due respect your overlooking a large segment of conservatives who will not support trump. Me not bending the knee to trump doesn't make me a neocon or rino, maga doesn't hold the patent on conservative.

Bend the knee??? 

What's your [BLEEP] problem, dude? Do you really think that's what we're all doing? You're a jackass for even thinking that.. You're so far gone as a republican that you should just dye your hair green and cut off whatever manhood you have left..  

Trump is running on the policies that can secure our country and bring our economy back but you simply sound too stupid to understand that..

If O'Biden ran on the same policies as Trump (which they never would for the sake of power), then I would even vote for them..

Grow up, pull your head out of your [BLEEP] and have a look around.. It sucks out there and you're crying about bending the knee..

Fool..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-24-2024, 03:10 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 02:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote: She isn't peeling off any votes, she is only getting the neocon, rino votes that will vote for anyone but Trump. All other votes are democrats that are just doing it because there isn't a primary for them.

There isn't a large segment of conservatives, there's the uniparty people and then a small group of people that for whatever reason are still brainwashed, putting feelings over policy, or don't agree with all policies so they stay divided. The uniparty wants you divided, if you unite around leaders who aren't bought off, you can end all their power.

Then you can start looking for conservatives that meet all your requirements. You will never find an electable person until the swamp is destroyed. Everyone is bought off and controlled, look what they tried with Lake.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 05:21 PM by Jagger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-24-2024, 02:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 11:19 AM)Jagger Wrote: I didn’t like his speech, though. Focus on Biden, stop attacking her and her dress. I think even Trey Gowdy mentioned something like that last night. Like just because she got closer than he thought she’d get is no reason to make personal attacks on her. I just didn’t like that. It wasn’t really a gracious victory speech.

Well, Trump needs those votes to win the election. He’s not gonna win with sole MAGA votes. That might win you Kansas and Idaho but it won’t win you Pennsylvania or Wisconsin. 

I looked up some of polls and Haley was at 3% a few months ago. I think people on the fence are going for her. The Trump people who have been behind him for 10 years will never vote for her. But I’m worried he’s not gonna win independents….that speech last night didn’t help him any with the non-MAGAs.

The sad thing is, no matter who gets into office the largest percentage of Americans lose regardless of who they vote for.

Middle class America.

I dare say we are all on that spectrum here and no matter our quibbles we're all getting screwed. We're being misdirected by all kinds of information so we won't pay attention and see what Tom Brokaw used to call The Fleecing of America.

Our focus is on the wrong issues. 

America's interests as a whole have been replaced by feelings on both sides, divide and conquer is the weapon being used against us and it's working. Middle America is being strangled to death and we're all voting for our demise.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 06:22 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-24-2024, 03:47 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 03:10 PM)EricC85 Wrote: All due respect your overlooking a large segment of conservatives who will not support trump. Me not bending the knee to trump doesn't make me a neocon or rino, maga doesn't hold the patent on conservative.

Bend the knee??? 

What's your [BLEEP] problem, dude? Do you really think that's what we're all doing? You're a jackass for even thinking that.. You're so far gone as a republican that you should just dye your hair green and cut off whatever manhood you have left..  

Trump is running on the policies that can secure our country and bring our economy back but you simply sound too stupid to understand that..

If O'Biden ran on the same policies as Trump (which they never would for the sake of power), then I would even vote for them..

Grow up, pull your head out of your [BLEEP] and have a look around.. It sucks out there and you're crying about bending the knee..

Fool..

(01-24-2024, 03:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 03:10 PM)EricC85 Wrote: All due respect your overlooking a large segment of conservatives who will not support trump. Me not bending the knee to trump doesn't make me a neocon or rino, maga doesn't hold the patent on conservative.
There isn't a large segment of conservatives, there's the uniparty people and then a small group of people that for whatever reason are still brainwashed, putting feelings over policy, or don't agree with all policies so they stay divided. The uniparty wants you divided, if you unite around leaders who aren't bought off, you can end all their power.

Then you can start looking for conservatives that meet all your requirements. You will never find an electable person until the swamp is destroyed. Everyone is bought off and controlled, look what they tried with Lake.

Regarding both of these posts, you can blame my reasoning ability or reading comprehension if you want, but I don't see either of you finding fault with Trump, or giving good or consistent reasons for liking him. It does seem like you just like him, emotionally, no matter what he does. Which is fine. But that's why. I think it's sad and ironic that you say people like me are emotional and unreasonable. If there is a good reason to praise Trump I praise him. So do you. If there is a good reason to condemn Trump I condemn him. You continue with praise. Between the two of us, I am the more persuadable and less emotionally attached one.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.