Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Four Options at #17

(02-28-2024, 09:43 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 04:46 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: CB - Nate Wiggins Clemson (not sold on either Alabama CB, especially Arnold. In terms of covering WRs he gave up 9 receptions of over 20 yards. His opponent Passer Rating, receptions and yards given up, and completion percentage are very average. Kool Aid is better)

OL - Mimms from UGA

DT -  Byron Murphy Texas

WR - Brian Thomas LSU

There's a possibility that all 4 of these are available at 17.  If Miami or Pittsburgh want to jump from 21 or 20 to get one of them, would you trade back knowing that you'd get at least one of them?

Depends. Honestly I haven't kept up with the draft close enough to know what kind of pick the Jags would likely get in return for a trade up. Would the jags get a second round pick for that kind of trade?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-03-2024, 11:28 AM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 09:43 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: There's a possibility that all 4 of these are available at 17.  If Miami or Pittsburgh want to jump from 21 or 20 to get one of them, would you trade back knowing that you'd get at least one of them?

Depends. Honestly I haven't kept up with the draft close enough to know what kind of pick the Jags would likely get in return for a trade up. Would the jags get a second round pick for that kind of trade?
Not a 2nd rounder but maybe a 3rd.

(03-03-2024, 12:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2024, 11:28 AM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Depends. Honestly I haven't kept up with the draft close enough to know what kind of pick the Jags would likely get in return for a trade up. Would the jags get a second round pick for that kind of trade?

This is an interesting question. Personally, I'd pass on Mims but the other 3 would all be players who could immediately help the Jaguars. Due to the quality of talent who are worthy of a 1st round selection, the Jaguars stand to benefit by trading back at least once in the 1st round- like they did last year. In addition to the 4 players mentioned, what if offensive linemen Latham, JPJ or even Olu Fashanu also drop? Any of those players would be very appealing to a team in need of help on the offensive line. Jared Verse and Malike Nabers are 2 other possibilities to be on the board at 17 whom other teams may covet and be willing to move up for. 

The Jaguars have obvious needs on the interior of both lines in addition to cornerback and possibly wide receiver. While it is not ideal to have this many needs, it increases their ability to trade back and still get a player who fills a need and also has good value when taken. If they are somehow able to trade back twice like last season in round 1, they could add another 3rd rounder plus a couple other 3rd day picks which could be used to trade back up for another 2nd or 3rd rounder. Without going into the entire draft (that's for the mock draft thread), I could definitely see a scenario with 2 trade backs and the Jaguars getting pick 23-25. I'd expect AT LEAST one of the following players to still be on the board and all would fit nicely for the Jaguars:

JPJ

Troy Fautanu

Jer'Zhan Newton

Byyron Murphy

Nate Wiggins

Adonei Mitchell

Landing one of these 6 players plus the possibility of 2 additional 3rd round picks would be the best way for this team to address their needs going into next season. Are there any players who possibly could be there at 17 that I couldn't pass on? Definitely Bowers and Odunze on offense and possibly Mitchell at cornerback. All 3 are likely to be gone, but they might be too tempting to pass on.

Remember that doug kept drumming unto us last season about drafting players that fit the culture

Is that something we should be taking into account?

(03-03-2024, 12:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2024, 11:28 AM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Depends. Honestly I haven't kept up with the draft close enough to know what kind of pick the Jags would likely get in return for a trade up. Would the jags get a second round pick for that kind of trade?

Buffalo gave up a 4th rounder to go 2 spots from 27 to 25 last year.  To go from 20/21 to 17, I'm figuring a 3rd.  Since Jax will likely lose a 3rd to Atlanta, it may be worth it.

(03-03-2024, 05:29 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Remember that doug kept drumming unto us last season about drafting players that fit the culture

what is the culture? mediocrity?

If so it's gotta be Mitchell. Nothing says middle of the road like MACtion.

(03-03-2024, 05:29 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Remember that doug kept drumming unto us last season about drafting players that fit the culture

Yes, but after last season's ending, they probably feel the culture they've built can sustain a few guys that may have some character red flags if not too egregious.

CB - Mitchell or DeJean
OL- Fuaga or JPJ. Really like Fautanu as well
DT- Newton
WR- Thomas Jr

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 02:08 AM by nhiverson. Edited 1 time in total.)

After we lose Ridley

WR- Rome trade up or trade back and take Keon unless he's there round 2.

DL-Newton

OL-JPJ
No Fun

I like a trade back and picking up ennis rakestraw, or jpj, I think you can obviously plug in jpj, and I think you can line up rakestraw in the slot and then potentially move him outside next year

I think we go Brian Thomas if Ridley isn't back. If he is, I think it goes OL at pick 1 and DT at pick 2.

I would love Brock Bowers if he makes it past Cincy.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-20-2024, 01:05 PM)Dimson Wrote: I would love Brock Bowers if he makes it past Cincy.

You mean if he makes it past Chicago. #9 is a likely landing spot for Bowers. They may even trade down a couple spots and still get him.

(03-20-2024, 01:38 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 01:05 PM)Dimson Wrote: I would love Brock Bowers if he makes it past Cincy.

You mean if he makes it past Chicago. #9 is a likely landing spot for Bowers. They may even trade down a couple spots and still get him.

It is possible but I think they are happy with Kmet. I set Chicago going WR at 9.

(03-20-2024, 01:55 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 01:38 PM)PackersNation Wrote: You mean if he makes it past Chicago. #9 is a likely landing spot for Bowers. They may even trade down a couple spots and still get him.

It is possible but I think they are happy with Kmet. I set Chicago going WR at 9.

Careful going by your own mock or countless others. ALL mock drafts are 100% meaningless.

A lot of smoke out there right now. I have a pretty good pulse on what is going on in the NFC North. Local beat writers are not always the best sources, but the ones I spoke to about Bowers in Chicago are fairly tuned in. These are cats that are not going to feed me just speculation & smoke when they know it's me they are speaking to. I've also witnessed the Chicago offense up and close and personal, and just one decent TE in Kmet, is not all the Bears coaching staff is looking for.

(03-20-2024, 02:19 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 01:55 PM)Dimson Wrote: It is possible but I think they are happy with Kmet. I set Chicago going WR at 9.

Careful going by your own mock or countless others. ALL mock drafts are 100% meaningless.

A lot of smoke out there right now. I have a pretty good pulse on what is going on in the NFC North. Local beat writers are not always the best sources, but the ones I spoke to about Bowers in Chicago are fairly tuned in. These are cats that are not going to feed me just speculation & smoke when they know it's me they are speaking to. I've also witnessed the Chicago offense up and close and personal, and just one decent TE in Kmet, is not all the Bears coaching staff is looking for.

I'll have to take your word for it, lol.

(03-20-2024, 02:19 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 01:55 PM)Dimson Wrote: It is possible but I think they are happy with Kmet. I set Chicago going WR at 9.

Lololol

(03-20-2024, 03:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 02:19 PM)PackersNation Wrote: Careful going by your own mock or countless others. ALL mock drafts are 100% meaningless.

Lololol

What I mean is, the 2 beat writers I personally speak to working the Bears beat are not cats that are going to feed me lines of crap. I am not basing my opinion on Kmet off just beat writers. I am basing it off what I have seen of seen of him personally. He isn't scaring anyone on opposing defenses. I've personally seen enough of Kmet to know Chicago is looking for more from the TE position. Also, the use of multiple TE sets is used often in nearly every offense. Yes, Bowers is a strong possibility in Chicago.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 04:47 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/loren...-march-20/

In this mock draft, here are the players available when it's our turn to pick:

Keon Coleman
Jared Verse
Byron Murphy
JC Latham
Nate Wiggins
Jackson Powers-Johnson

They have us taking Keon Coleman.  I think I would take Jared Verse.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 05:19 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-20-2024, 03:42 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 03:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lololol

What I mean is, the 2 beat writers I personally speak to working the Bears beat are not cats that are going to feed me lines of crap. I am not basing my opinion on Kmet off just beat writers. I am basing it off what I have seen of seen of him personally. He isn't scaring anyone on opposing defenses. I've personally seen enough of Kmet to know Chicago is looking for more from the TE position. Also, the use of multiple TE sets is used often in nearly every offense.  Yes, Bowers is a strong possibility in Chicago.

As he should be.  If it's me I'm taking Bowers at 9 to pair with Williams.  Bowers would likely be BPA there so you take him.

(03-20-2024, 04:45 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/loren...-march-20/

In this mock draft, here are the players available when it's our turn to pick:

Keon Coleman
Jared Verse
Byron Murphy
JC Latham
Nate Wiggins
Jackson Powers-Johnson

They have us taking Keon Coleman.  I think I would take Jared Verse.
This is easy, you take Verse all day.  If Baalke took Coleman over Verse this would likely be his last year in Jax