Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(03-29-2021, 06:42 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 02:12 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Haha 5'11" and I think 5 foot here, we think we look a little weird sometimes.

Friend of the family is 6'9'' and his wife is 5'2''!

Holy smokes lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think the ventriloquist idea is awesome!

And here I thought 6’1” and 5’3” were a bit off.

Why does no one want to speak to me until I sit down to eat?

(03-30-2021, 01:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why does no one want to speak to me until I sit down to eat?

Perhaps try standing to eat. Smile

—————

I’m now officially pissed off with the tooth fairy.  I didn’t agree with 5 for the sacred first.  Almost a month ago, I took my daughter to the dentist.  She had a pretty loose tooth.  The hygienist even avoided it and said it’ll be out soon.  Dr comes in and says it’ll be out by the weekend.  My kid, insistent on letting it come out itself, and wife trying to be her BFf, allows it.  It had to come out (now at least 3 weeks from that visit).  Barely hanging on.  Fighting tooth and nail, my dad’s tactics came out. I pulled everything my parents would have and more.  I’m told to go away.   Seriously?   I get it, she’s little and scared I was too at her age.  What the heck are we teaching her??? Man up, in her case “woman up” and get it pulled!!!   It’s finally pulled by mom and immediately she gives my wife a hug and says thank you mommy after 45 minutes of fighting it.  In the process, my wife says she’ll take her to get ice cream if it was pulled tonight.  Also in the process I told my daughter I’d double the TF money if she was brave enough to let it get pulled. Guess what!?!   Wife doesn’t take her to get ice cream and I’m now 10.00 shy.  Whole thing is BS!   Perhaps I’m too old school.  Perhaps we got lucky into tricking her on the first one.  Either way... I’m not too happy with my single spacing wife right now. You make a promise, at least keep it.

(03-29-2021, 08:04 PM)Jags Wrote: I think the ventriloquist idea is awesome!  

I'll pass the idea along.  Which one should be the dummy?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-30-2021, 07:57 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 08:04 PM)Jags Wrote: I think the ventriloquist idea is awesome!  

I'll pass the idea along.  Which one should be the dummy?

Lol, I suppose that depends on which one you ask.  If they can’t agree on that, then maybe Dr evil and Mini  me or some variant of such.

(03-30-2021, 01:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why does no one want to speak to me until I sit down to eat?

In order to process your complaint, we'll need a little more information.  Are you upset about being ignored all day or about being disturbed during your meal?

(03-30-2021, 08:04 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

In order to process your complaint, we'll need a little more information.  Are you upset about being ignored all day or about being disturbed during your meal?

I'm happy to be ignored. Ignorance is bliss. 

Wait. That's not right, is it?

[Image: 1080348595-jethro.jpg]

If you don’t want the waitress bothering you, stay home.  Wink
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-30-2021, 09:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

If you don’t want the waitress bothering you, stay home.  Wink

Is that who that is? I thought she was just being nosy.

Idk whether this is an “ode to...” or “Trivial Annoyance” thing. I’ll ride whatever wave is given to me. Everyone is slammed and backed up with work. I can’t get an estimate for windows, more pavers, sunroom..etc. they’re all too busy and don’t have the manpower. I’ve got calls, emails and texts looking for lawn maintenance. All of them in neighborhoods I already work. We’re slammed. It pains me to turn those down. We’ve been trying to hire. I’ll pay 30k a year to edge a freaking lawn. To start!!!! No replies. The ones that have...can’t even pull the throttle and follow the line! Nobody wants to work, everybody is seemingly ready to hire someone to provide a service. I’ve jacked my prices up, they take it. Putting me in worse of a situation. But I can’t keep this up when a trained circus monkey can edge a freaking lawn and I’m will to train someone at 15/ hr.

(04-07-2021, 07:02 PM)Jags Wrote: Idk whether this is an “ode to...” or “Trivial Annoyance” thing.  I’ll ride whatever wave is given to me.  Everyone is slammed and backed up with work.  I can’t get an estimate for windows, more pavers, sunroom..etc.  they’re all too busy and don’t have the manpower.  I’ve got calls, emails and texts looking for lawn maintenance.   All of them in neighborhoods I already work.  We’re slammed. It pains me to turn those down.   We’ve been trying to hire.  I’ll pay 30k a year to edge a freaking lawn.  To start!!!!   No replies.  The ones that have...can’t even pull the throttle and follow the line!  Nobody wants to work, everybody is seemingly ready to hire someone to provide a service.  I’ve jacked my prices up, they take it.  Putting me in worse of a situation.  But I can’t keep this up when a trained circus monkey can edge a freaking lawn and I’m will to train someone at 15/ hr.

I actually seen on the news that other businesses are desperately looking for help too.. everyone is on that government and state handout and don't feel like working..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I'd totally edge lawns for $30K/year. Too bad I live out of state. And burn to a crisp in the sun. And have been treated several times already for skin cancer.

Its like someone else said, no one wants to work.

(04-07-2021, 09:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'd totally edge lawns for $30K/year. Too bad I live out of state. And burn to a crisp in the sun. And have been treated several times already for skin cancer.

Ya know, all you had to do is scroll up a little and find out who that someone is lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 07:06 AM by Jags.)

(04-07-2021, 09:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 07:02 PM)Jags Wrote: Idk whether this is an “ode to...” or “Trivial Annoyance” thing.  I’ll ride whatever wave is given to me.  Everyone is slammed and backed up with work.  I can’t get an estimate for windows, more pavers, sunroom..etc.  they’re all too busy and don’t have the manpower.  I’ve got calls, emails and texts looking for lawn maintenance.   All of them in neighborhoods I already work.  We’re slammed. It pains me to turn those down.   We’ve been trying to hire.  I’ll pay 30k a year to edge a freaking lawn.  To start!!!!   No replies.  The ones that have...can’t even pull the throttle and follow the line!  Nobody wants to work, everybody is seemingly ready to hire someone to provide a service.  I’ve jacked my prices up, they take it.  Putting me in worse of a situation.  But I can’t keep this up when a trained circus monkey can edge a freaking lawn and I’m will to train someone at 15/ hr.

I actually seen on the news that other businesses are desperately looking for help too.. everyone is on that government and state handout and don't feel like working..
Yep.  Most industries are going through the same thing.  I am waiting for that call... “yeah, I need a job to get me by until the next stimulus check”..

I had ads out for help.  2 weeks, no reply.  I dumb the ads down significantly.  Finally get a handful of replies.  Only one seemed normal enough and close enough to bring in.  He’s a likable guy.  But just can’t get the grasp of edging. (The simplest task).  We actually took longer to do our route.  I didn’t realize that was mathematically even possible, lol. I’ll give him the rest of the week, if he shows up, to figure it out. He’s only been in 2 days, but had 57 lawns to practice on.  Not looking good.

We need more immigrants.

(04-08-2021, 07:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

We need more immigrants.

How does that reduce the growing dependency on government assistance?

(04-07-2021, 10:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'd totally edge lawns for $30K/year. Too bad I live out of state. And burn to a crisp in the sun. And have been treated several times already for skin cancer.

Ya know, all you had to do is scroll up a little and find out who that someone is lol

I was feeling super lazy. Like- I've got Covid money lazy.   Banana

....Am I the only one who thinks of Bronson Pinchot any time someone brings up the name of our GM?

(04-12-2021, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote: ....Am I the only one who thinks of Bronson Pinchot any time someone brings up the name of our GM?

Yes, probably.