Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

Apparently Aussies pronounce AC/DC not by saying the letters but comes out more like “Acka Dacka. There’s a useless fun fact for y’all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 06:29 PM by RicoTx.)

Yay.  I made it.  And only two days late.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 07:16 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Better late than never. 

Just thought I’d say that.  Whenever I complain about something, my dad has a way of making it the most insignificant thing ever and that I should be happy that I’m alive or what not.  Would not only piss me the [BLEEP] off more than I was originally but also… put things in perspective, I guess?  Idk.  I just know it usually pisses me off

Glad your back home safe dude.

(10-12-2021, 07:16 PM)Jags Wrote: Better late than never. 

Just thought I’d say that.  Whenever I complain about something, my dad has a way of making it the most insignificant thing ever and that I should be happy that I’m alive or what not.  Would not only piss me the [BLEEP] off more than I was originally but also… put things in perspective, I guess?  Idk.  I just know it usually pisses me off

Glad your back home safe dude.

Great that I made it home and all, but I had to cancel a day off that I had scheduled in November to cover for Tuesday.

Some 'vacation' day.

(10-12-2021, 03:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 03:21 PM)Olive Wrote: That's a trick question, they're the same band.

Also, if you add 120 + 120  + 120 What do you have?

I would have answered you were missing the wild leg. Smile

(10-12-2021, 03:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 03:21 PM)Olive Wrote: That's a trick question, they're the same band.

Also, if you add 120 + 120  + 120 What do you have?

Only if you start at 0.  Most people begin counting at 1 so in theory the answer could either be 1 or 361.   Big Grin

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I hate it when I'm hanging out with super models and a regular model shows up and just ruins it for everyone.

I have an old set of encyclopedias I want to get rid of and it turns out they are absolutely worthless. Nobody wants printed encyclopedias any more. I guess I have to recycle them. Such a shame.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 10:58 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-26-2021, 10:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have an old set of encyclopedias I want to get rid of and it turns out they are absolutely worthless.  Nobody wants printed encyclopedias any more.  I guess I have to recycle them.  Such a shame.

Same here. It’s a leather bound set of Encyclopedia Brittanicas. They’re beautiful books. I wanted to toss them, because like you, I discovered there’s nothing to do with them. My wife was apoplectic. She only thinks of the money spent on them and not their current value or uselessness. 

Her nostalgia keeps me from chucking the first TV we ever owned, a 27” Zenith with a wood enclosure. It weighs a ton and occupies valuable space in the back of a closet.

(10-26-2021, 10:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 10:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have an old set of encyclopedias I want to get rid of and it turns out they are absolutely worthless.  Nobody wants printed encyclopedias any more.  I guess I have to recycle them.  Such a shame.

Same here. It’s a leather bound set of Encyclopedia Brittanicas. They’re beautiful books. I wanted to toss them, because like you, I discovered there’s nothing to do with them. My wife was apoplectic. She only thinks of the money spent on them and not their current value or uselessness. 

Her nostalgia keeps me from chucking the first TV we ever owned, a 27” Zenith with a wood enclosure. It weighs a ton and occupies valuable space in the back of a closet.

My wife doesn't want to throw anything out.

(10-26-2021, 11:36 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 10:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Same here. It’s a leather bound set of Encyclopedia Brittanicas. They’re beautiful books. I wanted to toss them, because like you, I discovered there’s nothing to do with them. My wife was apoplectic. She only thinks of the money spent on them and not their current value or uselessness. 

My wife doesn't want to throw anything out.

Same with mine. I hauled truckloads of stuff to the landfill a couple of years ago that was largely junk my kids left when they moved out, but a good percentage of it was my wife’s hoarder stuff. When she allowed me to haul away a couple of large plastic bags of clothes she claimed to be giving away for about 3 years running, I about had a heart attack. That only emboldened me to throw more things in that I knew she would never miss.

(10-26-2021, 11:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 11:36 AM)RicoTx Wrote: My wife doesn't want to throw anything out.

Same with mine. I hauled truckloads of stuff to the landfill a couple of years ago that was largely junk my kids left when they moved out, but a good percentage of it was my wife’s hoarder stuff. When she allowed me to haul away a couple of large plastic bags of clothes she claimed to be giving away for about 3 years running, I about had a heart attack. That only emboldened me to throw more things in that I knew she would never miss.

She always catches me.  Whether it be right away or a couple of months down the road, she'll want to know whatever happened to so-and-so.

Doesn't stop me from doing it though.   Laughing

(10-26-2021, 11:48 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 11:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Same with mine. I hauled truckloads of stuff to the landfill a couple of years ago that was largely junk my kids left when they moved out, but a good percentage of it was my wife’s hoarder stuff. When she allowed me to haul away a couple of large plastic bags of clothes she claimed to be giving away for about 3 years running, I about had a heart attack. That only emboldened me to throw more things in that I knew she would never miss.

She always catches me.  Whether it be right away or a couple of months down the road, she'll want to know whatever happened to so-and-so.

Doesn't stop me from doing it though.   Laughing

I get busted on occasion too.

I’m the type of guy that keeps stuff because it can be used one way or another in the future. That, I blame on my father. Now when we’re talking leather bound encyclopedias….that is a nostalgic blast from the past plus the quality and workmanship of being leather bound. If you decide to dump them, I think I would offer to take that off your hands.

(10-26-2021, 11:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 11:36 AM)RicoTx Wrote: My wife doesn't want to throw anything out.

Same with mine. 

Perhaps this makes you both more fortunate than you realize. Laughing
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-27-2021, 12:15 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 11:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Same with mine. 

Perhaps this makes you both more fortunate than you realize. Laughing

“Why are you throwing out this suitcase full of my clothes?”

Have you thought about setting her out the night before trash day and see if anyone takes her? I tried that once. Trash day was the day after the Fourth of July. I say, “hey!” She says” hey what”? I say, “hey, let’s go out front and watch the fireworks!” She says “ok”. I say” great! Here’s you a chair! Have a seat. I set it by the curb. Enjoy the sights, now let me go in and find another chair”. I went back in and when I woke up in the morning she apparently found her way back inside. No takers. [shrug].

My wife asked if I wanted to watch another episode of “You”. Being honest, I said “no”. She asks why not. Like do I need a reason not to? 3-4 episodes in, I see where it’s going. No longer intrigued. So she doesn’t turn it on. Whoa, so now I’m needed in order for you to watch your show? Sorry I don’t want to watch it. I will watch it, but I’m not nearly excited as you. You do have the option of watching it without me. Good grief, I swear this woman is trying to set me up to wear matching clothes in public. Not happening!

The Amazon Prime broadcast of Thursday night NFL sucks. It looks like a bad antenna reception issue. I'd watch OTA but storms coming through are screwing up actual antenna reception.

Also, the Cardinals all black uni with the white helmet looks really unfortunate and you can't see the numbers on the jerseys very well.

(10-28-2021, 07:02 PM)Jags Wrote: My wife asked if I wanted to watch another episode of “You”. Being honest, I said “no”.  She asks why not.  Like do I need a reason not to?  3-4 episodes in, I see where it’s going.  No longer intrigued.  So she doesn’t turn it on.  Whoa, so now I’m needed in order for you to watch your show?  Sorry I don’t want to watch it. I will watch it, but I’m not nearly excited as you.  You do have the option of watching it without me.  Good grief, I swear this woman is trying to set me up to wear matching clothes in public.  Not happening!

Tell that you understand and appreciate her need for the emotional bonding she derives from watching it with you.  Then explain how physical bonding gives you the same sense of fulfillment as a couple and suggest watching it in the bedroom.  You don't even have to be the one facing the TV!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.