Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(04-24-2019, 03:57 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I'm by no means a doctor but mixing opioids and alcohol seems like a profoundly bad idea to me.

Wow, you really aren't American ... I thought it was all a shtick. Tongue  If you wanna be more American, I can hook you up with the good stuff.

Holy Water! You need a lot of that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-25-2019, 12:18 PM)Rico Wrote: Here's my ankle.  Don't have one of the additional hardware in my foot.  

This will probably make my draft stock drop.   Laughing

[Image: 2elrvyg.jpg]

I'm pretty sure they stopped drafting after round 7 million anyways.

(04-24-2019, 04:39 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 03:57 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I'm by no means a doctor but mixing opioids and alcohol seems like a profoundly bad idea to me.

[BLEEP], I'm barely coherent on the oxy.  It's not helping the pain a whole lot, but I'm in a definite fog.

I hope you had a better day today!

How are you feeling Rico?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-26-2019, 11:04 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: How are you feeling Rico?

https://youtu.be/fjwWjx7Cw8I

(04-25-2019, 06:18 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 12:18 PM)Rico Wrote: Here's my ankle.  Don't have one of the additional hardware in my foot.  

This will probably make my draft stock drop.   Laughing

I'm pretty sure they stopped drafting after round 7 million anyways.

Yeah, but look at all the attention he’s getting from the ladies!

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 04:30 PM by RicoTx.)

(04-26-2019, 12:46 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 06:18 PM)Sammy Wrote: I'm pretty sure they stopped drafting after round 7 million anyways.

Yeah, but look at all the attention he’s getting from the ladies!

Yeah, and all it took was shattering my ankle.

Not good.  Unfortunately today is worse than yesterday.  If my leg is not propped up it starts throbbing horribly which makes going to the bathroom a thrill a minute.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-26-2019, 04:25 PM)Rico Wrote:

Not good.  Unfortunately today is worse than yesterday.  If my leg is not propped up it starts throbbing horribly which makes going to the bathroom a thrill a minute.

Keep a gatorade jug handy.  Jus sayin'.

(04-26-2019, 04:25 PM)Rico Wrote:

I didn't know what a nerve block was until it wore off ... Then I couldn't understand why it wasn't the new breakfast cereal for everyone. They do this to us even though they don't have to. Why do they think we need all this pain? Tongue

Why does TSA give out pre-check? I paid a lot of money to avoid leisure travelers.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-28-2019, 04:58 PM)copycat Wrote: Why does TSA give out pre-check?  I paid a lot of money to avoid leisure travelers.

TSA screening?  What about when you're actually on the plane and there's no escape?  Last week, on a Chicago to Jacksonville flight, I got stuck next to "The Guy Who Wouldn't Stop talking."
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-28-2019, 10:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 04:58 PM)copycat Wrote: Why does TSA give out pre-check?  I paid a lot of money to avoid leisure travelers.

TSA screening?  What about when you're actually on the plane and there's no escape?  Last week, on a Chicago to Jacksonville flight, I got stuck next to "The Guy Who Wouldn't Stop talking."

I've never had that happen to me. When first addressed, I stare through them with mouth slightly agape. I'm slowly improving my engagement skills, though.

(04-28-2019, 10:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When first addressed, I stare through them with mouth slightly agape. I'm slowly improving my engagement skills, though.

Hey, I know you!  You're a Customer Service Associate at Walmart.

(04-28-2019, 10:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Yeah, TSA screening pre-check.  Don't have to take off your shoes, leave your PC in the bag.  They randomly pass these out to people that have not gone through the background check.  It is so annoying to get behind the family of 4 that have never flown before.

As for The Guy, headphones, a good book and the look.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-29-2019, 06:26 AM)copycat Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 10:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote: TSA screening?  What about when you're actually on the plane and there's no escape?  Last week, on a Chicago to Jacksonville flight, I got stuck next to "The Guy Who Wouldn't Stop talking."

Yeah, TSA screening pre-check.  Don't have to take off your shoes, leave your PC in the bag.  They randomly pass these out to people that have not gone through the background check.  It is so annoying to get behind the family of 4 that have never flown before.

Q: How do you spot Americans at an airport?
A: They're the only ones still taking their shoes off.

I'm thoroughly annoyed at food being served on metal plates with a sheet of paper on top (that's you Sonnys and Chilis). Who's idiotic idea was it to think that people like to eat off of soon-to-be greasy paper?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-29-2019, 02:39 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 06:26 AM)copycat Wrote: Yeah, TSA screening pre-check.  Don't have to take off your shoes, leave your PC in the bag.  They randomly pass these out to people that have not gone through the background check.  It is so annoying to get behind the family of 4 that have never flown before.

Q: How do you spot Americans at an airport?

Only shoes? I keep going until they insist I stop. And always while singing "Stripper".

(04-29-2019, 07:14 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I'm thoroughly annoyed at food being served on metal plates with a sheet of paper on top (that's you Sonnys and Chilis). Who's idiotic idea was it to think that people like to eat off of soon-to-be greasy paper?

To be fair, that sheet of paper is probably doing you a small favor.  At least it’s that much grease not going inside you.  But I do understand.  I’d rather a plate or something reasonable to eat off of

(04-29-2019, 07:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 02:39 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Q: How do you spot Americans at an airport?

Only shoes? I keep going until they insist I stop. And always while singing "Stripper".

Indisputably proving to the attractive female Customs agent that he doesn't have much to declare.

I'm annoyed that I don't have a lifted truck or a sports car to show off.