Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(10-04-2023, 08:44 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 08:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The dancing fat chick in the Jardiance commercials.

But that jingle sticks in my head for days, and that chick can step it to the beat!

Cursed marketers!

Sometimes it seems they know us better than we know ourselves.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2023, 01:41 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

People who back into a parking space at Costco, and then when they come out, they load their stuff into the back of their car.  That makes no sense at all.

(10-05-2023, 01:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: People who back into a parking space at Costco, and then when they come out, they load their stuff into the back of their car.  That makes no sense at all.

If the car is backed up to the island in the middle, that’s ideal. I do it myself. But not into a regular parking spot.

(10-03-2023, 05:22 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 06:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Taylor Swift.

She’s beyond trivial at this point!

Not trivial, but an annoyance.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-05-2023, 02:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 01:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: People who back into a parking space at Costco, and then when they come out, they load their stuff into the back of their car.  That makes no sense at all.

If the car is backed up to the island in the middle, that’s ideal. I do it myself. But not into a regular parking spot.

It's stupid.  My car has a dash cam, and I was looking at some of the recordings today, and there was one from a trip to Costco, where I pulled into a parking place and the car opposite me was backed in.  I thought nothing of it until I saw one of the videos was of a guy inching around the hood of my car trying to load cases of bottled water into the back of his car.  Why did he back into the spot if he was going to have to load stuff into the back of his car?  Idiot.

I always back into parking spots. A habit formed in the Army and it stayed with me. If I drove a car I'd want to pull forward out of a parking spot anyway. Trying to back out while surrounded by SUVs and trucks you can't see around and idiots driving down the lane like it's a drag strip is not happy times.

(10-05-2023, 07:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I always back into parking spots. A habit formed in the Army and it stayed with me. If I drove a car I'd want to pull forward out of a parking spot anyway. Trying to back out while surrounded by SUVs and trucks you can't see around and idiots driving down the lane like it's a drag strip is not happy times.

I can understand why you would do that if your car doesn't have a backup camera.  But every car sold since 2018 has a backup camera, and the cars I see backed up into parking spaces at Costco or Publix are newer cars, and I know they have backup cameras.

(10-06-2023, 05:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 07:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I always back into parking spots. A habit formed in the Army and it stayed with me. If I drove a car I'd want to pull forward out of a parking spot anyway. Trying to back out while surrounded by SUVs and trucks you can't see around and idiots driving down the lane like it's a drag strip is not happy times.

I can understand why you would do that if your car doesn't have a backup camera.  But every car sold since 2018 has a backup camera, and the cars I see backed up into parking spaces at Costco or Publix are newer cars, and I know they have backup cameras.

My husband's car is a 2014 so it definitely doesn't have one. His dad installed one on his 2013 car after having had back surgery that prevents him from being able to turn to see things. My truck doesn't need one since I can see what I need to see. 

I don't even want one. I've ridden in other people's cars that have them and I don't like it at all. If my next vehicle has one I want to find a way to disable it. I don't need it.

(10-10-2023, 11:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 05:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I can understand why you would do that if your car doesn't have a backup camera.  But every car sold since 2018 has a backup camera, and the cars I see backed up into parking spaces at Costco or Publix are newer cars, and I know they have backup cameras.

My husband's car is a 2014 so it definitely doesn't have one. His dad installed one on his 2013 car after having had back surgery that prevents him from being able to turn to see things. My truck doesn't need one since I can see what I need to see. 

I don't even want one. I've ridden in other people's cars that have them and I don't like it at all. If my next vehicle has one I want to find a way to disable it. I don't need it.

You're high, boomer. Those things are great. 

Tongue

Friggin' insurance rates. They raised my home insurance rate a few months ago and now they're in my wallet again by raising auto insurance rates. I'm paying over $100 a month more for insurance than a year ago on a home and cars that got older. 

Bastards!

(10-10-2023, 11:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 11:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My husband's car is a 2014 so it definitely doesn't have one. His dad installed one on his 2013 car after having had back surgery that prevents him from being able to turn to see things. My truck doesn't need one since I can see what I need to see. 

You're high, boomer. Those things are great. 

Tongue

That stuff makes people lazy and they lose their reflex reactions.  Big Grin

(10-12-2023, 11:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 11:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You're high, boomer. Those things are great. 

Tongue

That stuff makes people lazy and they lose their reflex reactions.  Big Grin

ayuh.

Even when I am in a car with cams, I still rely on turning around and looking with my own eyes.

I will admit it helps in tight windows, but even then well-angled mirrors are usually enough to be sure you have room to squeeze.

(10-13-2023, 09:07 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-12-2023, 11:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That stuff makes people lazy and they lose their reflex reactions.  Big Grin

ayuh.

Even when I am in a car with cams, I still rely on turning around and looking with my own eyes.

I will admit it helps in tight windows, but even then well-angled mirrors are usually enough to be sure you have room to squeeze.

They distract the hell out me. Not kidding at all. The first time I drove my stepmom's Outback and put it in reverse the screen changing from the radio to the camera totally threw me off. The car also made noises to alert you to whatever and I swore I would never drive something like that again. 

My ADHD couldn't handle the bells and whistles. Lol.

So, I see a video I want to watch about the Las Vegas sphere trolling golfers. the length of the video shows like a minute and twenty seconds so I decide I will sit through the 30 friggin second commercial. The video then starts and is like a 10 second gif that they repeat about ten [BLEEP] times. GOD DAMMIT , mother [BLEEP],  sons of [BLEEP]. Angry Angry Angry
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-18-2023, 10:35 AM)Jagwired Wrote: So, I see a video I want to watch about the Las Vegas sphere trolling golfers. the length of the video shows like a minute and twenty seconds so I decide I will sit through the 30 friggin second commercial. The video then starts and is like a 10 second gif that they repeat about ten [BLEEP] times. GOD DAMMIT , mother [BLEEP],  sons of [BLEEP]. Angry Angry Angry

I hate youtube so much for that kind of crap.

(10-18-2023, 11:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-18-2023, 10:35 AM)Jagwired Wrote: So, I see a video I want to watch about the Las Vegas sphere trolling golfers. the length of the video shows like a minute and twenty seconds so I decide I will sit through the 30 friggin second commercial. The video then starts and is like a 10 second gif that they repeat about ten [BLEEP] times. GOD DAMMIT , mother [BLEEP],  sons of [BLEEP]. Angry Angry Angry

I hate youtube so much for that kind of crap.

solution: as soon as you watch that video, block the poster from your feed/recommendations.

I don't think I've ever seen that happen, but I also don't use the tubes for much more than entertainment.

uBlock is a great addition to any browser to avoid commercials, especially from YouTube.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The T-Mobile commercial with the singing gay neighbors.

(10-12-2023, 12:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Friggin' insurance rates. They raised my home insurance rate a few months ago and now they're in my wallet again by raising auto insurance rates. I'm paying over $100 a month more for insurance than a year ago on a home and cars that got older. 

Bastards!

Preach, lol agreed.

Work healthcare just went up $60 a month for the exact same coverage.  A yoy increase of 20%.  Lovely.  Just a sprinkle added to everything else going up.  FML.

Clay County Courthouse in Green Cove has it's Christmas Tree up already..

Well Happy ThanksChristmas!!

Jackasses..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]