Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game of Thrones Season 7

(08-29-2017, 08:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Pretty crazy that Aegon Targaryen (A.K.A. Jon Snow) is responsible for the collapse of the wall and likely millions of deaths. The wall held the WW back for centuries. Why were they suddenly going to pass the wall all of a sudden?

I have an issue with the way that played out.

What was the plan for crossing the wall if a) Jon and Co. hadn't hatched that ridiculous plan, and b) Danny hadn't shown up with her dragons?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Had they not gotten the dragon, when do you think the WW would have actually approached the wall? It seems like there was no more civilization around where the WW were, so how would they keep growing their army with nobody left to kill?

The smart play would have been to attack the WW with the dragon right when the approached the wall.

While very entertaining, it is very flawed.

(08-29-2017, 11:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Had they not gotten the dragon, when do you think the WW would have actually approached the wall? It seems like there was no more civilization around where the WW were, so how would they keep growing their army with nobody left to kill?

The smart play would have been to attack the WW with the dragon right when the approached the wall.

Here's a question posed to me the other day....

if the white walkers can't swim... who went down and tied the chains up to the dragon to lift it out?

(08-29-2017, 11:39 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 11:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Had they not gotten the dragon, when do you think the WW would have actually approached the wall? It seems like there was no more civilization around where the WW were, so how would they keep growing their army with nobody left to kill?

if the white walkers can't swim... who went down and tied the chains up to the dragon to lift it out?

LOL. My thoughts as well. Either that's a gaping plot hole that was overlooked last minute before the show was finalized or it's going to be a gag or running joke in season eight. I kind of hope Euron Greyjoy gets his before Theon even makes the attempt.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

They can't swim but they can probably take a one way trip.

(08-29-2017, 01:47 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 11:39 AM)Kane Wrote: Here's a question posed to me the other day....

They can't swim but they can probably take a one way trip.

This is my thought. They aren't going to "die" underwater. But they'll just wallow around on circles at the bottom. 

Of course by that same token, they could EVENTUALLY cross oceans by walking across the bottom
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

This is amazing

https://youtu.be/DPbU0jqDmok
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It was an enjoyable season, though a lot of the writing seemed rushed at parts

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 08:43 PM by copycat.)

They can't swim, but they can walk on the bottom.

(08-29-2017, 01:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 11:39 AM)Kane Wrote: Here's a question posed to me the other day....

LOL. My thoughts as well. Either that's a gaping plot hole that was overlooked last minute before the show was finalized or it's going to be a gag or running joke in season eight. I kind of hope Euron Greyjoy gets his before Theon even makes the attempt.

For me the gaping hole was that Cersie was hiring the Gold Cloaks as mercs.  Last I recall isn't Daario the leader of the Gold Cloaks?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-29-2017, 08:35 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: It was an enjoyable season, though a lot of the writing seemed rushed at parts

I agree. Over the series there have been times when the pace was so slow, where I wished they would get to the point already. With this season I have enjoyed the faster pace in some instances but in others it has definitely not helped at all.

(08-29-2017, 08:38 PM)copycat Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 01:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: LOL. My thoughts as well. Either that's a gaping plot hole that was overlooked last minute before the show was finalized or it's going to be a gag or running joke in season eight. I kind of hope Euron Greyjoy gets his before Theon even makes the attempt.

For me the gaping hole was that Cersie was hiring the Gold Cloaks as mercs.  Last I recall isn't Daario the leader of the Gold Cloaks?

Daario leads the Second Sons.  There actually is a bit of significance from the books as it pertains to the Golden Company.  The show appears to have skipped out on that storyline though, but probably leave it at that in case the show decides to change course and add it late.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2017, 06:38 AM by Caldrac.)

(08-29-2017, 01:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

(08-29-2017, 09:25 PM)empty Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 08:38 PM)copycat Wrote:

Daario leads the Second Sons.  There actually is a bit of significance from the books as it pertains to the Golden Company.  The show appears to have skipped out on that storyline though, but probably leave it at that in case the show decides to change course and add it late.

The Golden Company is being led up by Aegon Targaryen (Not Jon Snow now known as Aegon in the show) in the books along with Jon Connington. They intend to raise Aegon up to become King of the Seven Kingdoms and are hoping to form an allegiance or marriage with Daenerys Targaryen. The claim is that The Mountain never truly killed Aegon the day Robert's Rebellion was coming to an end. Varys or whomever was involved apparently switched the true baby Aegon out with another and because the baby was brutally murdered by The Mountain there was no way to identify the remains. 

This is all happened though and came to light when Tyrion ran into Jorah Mormont for the first time and they were taken into captivity in the book. The show has sense blown past all of that story possibility wise. And I find it highly unlikely that he ends up appearing in the show now with only one season left. I think this is just a wink and a nod to fans of the book by bringing in the Golden Company. They could twist or spin this around though. 

Still curious as to why they've yet to show Howland Reed. If they decide to all of a sudden throw Jon Connington into the mix next year or in 2019 they could make something up to where Jon Connington was told by Rhaegar Targaryen regarding his marriage with Lyanna Stark and that Jon was his son truly named Aegon, etc. I am sure they could do something like that. Connington was very close with Rhaegar. Real good friends I believe.

This is why I am hoping that GRRM knocks the final two books out this year or early next year so I don't have to wait for the season finale to find out what happens with this story arch. I am kind of hoping the books differ GREATLY ending wise from how the show will end.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

They can't swim, but they can climb. The weight of the chain takes them down, they climb the chain. Regardless, they were expendable.

My question is where did they get those chains?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-30-2017, 06:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 01:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: LOL. My thoughts as well. Either that's a gaping plot hole that was overlooked last minute before the show was finalized or it's going to be a gag or running joke in season eight. I kind of hope Euron Greyjoy gets his before Theon even makes the attempt.

(08-29-2017, 09:25 PM)empty Wrote: Daario leads the Second Sons.  There actually is a bit of significance from the books as it pertains to the Golden Company.  The show appears to have skipped out on that storyline though, but probably leave it at that in case the show decides to change course and add it late.

The Golden Company is being led up by Aegon Targaryen (Not Jon Snow now known as Aegon in the show) in the books along with Jon Connington. They intend to raise Aegon up to become King of the Seven Kingdoms and are hoping to form an allegiance or marriage with Daenerys Targaryen. The claim is that The Mountain never truly killed Aegon the day Robert's Rebellion was coming to an end. Varys or whomever was involved apparently switched the true baby Aegon out with another and because the baby was brutally murdered by The Mountain there was no way to identify the remains. 

This is all happened though and came to light when Tyrion ran into Jorah Mormont for the first time and they were taken into captivity in the book. The show has sense blown past all of that story possibility wise. And I find it highly unlikely that he ends up appearing in the show now with only one season left. I think this is just a wink and a nod to fans of the book by bringing in the Golden Company. They could twist or spin this around though. 

Still curious as to why they've yet to show Howland Reed. If they decide to all of a sudden throw Jon Connington into the mix next year or in 2019 they could make something up to where Jon Connington was told by Rhaegar Targaryen regarding his marriage with Lyanna Stark and that Jon was his son truly named Aegon, etc. I am sure they could do something like that. Connington was very close with Rhaegar. Real good friends I believe.

This is why I am hoping that GRRM knocks the final two books out this year or early next year so I don't have to wait for the season finale to find out what happens with this story arch. I am kind of hoping the books differ GREATLY ending wise from how the show will end.

That's right!  It's been so long since I have read the books I completely forgot.  Thanks.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-28-2017, 11:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm a little confused. Is the zombie mountain trained in "fake" signals? Was anyone else expecting Jamie to get split in half there?

Same. I suspect it was just a bad edit and the nod was intended to be permission for him to go.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Also, I half expected Tyrion to keel over, poisoned by the wine in Cersei's chambers.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-30-2017, 11:08 AM)rollerjag Wrote:

They can't swim, but they can climb. The weight of the chain takes them down, they climb the chain. Regardless, they were expendable.

My question is where did they get those chains?

Hardhome.

(08-30-2017, 06:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Still curious as to why they've yet to show Howland Reed. If they decide to all of a sudden throw Jon Connington into the mix next year or in 2019 they could make something up to where Jon Connington was told by Rhaegar Targaryen regarding his marriage with Lyanna Stark and that Jon was his son truly named Aegon, etc. I am sure they could do something like that. Connington was very close with Rhaegar. Real good friends I believe.

JonCon is totally in love with Rhaegar. There are theories going around about that whole thing as well, lol.

As far as the books getting finished up this year, highly doubt that. We may possibly get lucky and get one of the books hopefully by early next year, but I don't know if GRRM will ever fully finish this series.

As you can tell with how many gaping plot holes there were in this past season, its just gotta be extremely hard to tie up all of the different storylines and backgrounds that are out there in this series. And that just makes me think that GRRM is having a very hard time finishing the books due to the fact that he doesn't want to leave any series plot holes in the books.

If I recall correctly, GRRM accidentally changed the color of someones eyes in the last book and he wasn't too pleased that he missed that little tidbit.

This season had a lot of really awesome scenes and they did some really good things, but they rushed the ever living [BLEEP] out of this season, they could have dragged on a lot of this stuff quite a bit more and kept it very entertaining still, I don't know what the big rush is to finish this series honestly. Oh well.
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

another episode focused around a tourney at harrenhall flashback and let the rest of the season not be so rushed would have been nice.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

They should've never shortened seasons 7 & 8, that's why everything is now rushed. I don't know why they couldn't of had two full 10 episode seasons to end the show. There's only 7 episodes left and the "great war" hasn't even started yet..that's crap. Not having the 6 full episodes that they cut is effecting the writing and storyline, they easily had plenty of content for those 6 episodes and the show would've been better for it imo