Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could the Jags/FO be looking for a trade?

we should be offering them picks and a WR for taylor... I too would like this deal. Taylor is better than anything we have here. He would be a scary options for teams with Fornette as he could fake a hand off and run it himself.

I've been all for QB's that can run and throw. We have better weapons here than he has in buffalo aside from Mccoy obviously.

This is a no brainer to me but who knows if the Bills would

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-21-2017, 02:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 02:10 PM)JackCity Wrote: Who said anything about trading away a high draft pick? We need a QB for the simple reason that you don't want to be heading into the 2018 season being forced to start whoever you just drafted. I personally believe that QBs learn more through playing than they do on the bench but they still need a solid environment around and a baseline of skills necessary to play in the NFL. Bortles and Goff in their rookie year is a perfect example of this.  

A trade for someone like Tyrod would give us an immediate starter at QB for this year.  He's at very worst average, takes care of the ball, great deep passer and can win with his legs. He also gives us an option to start him in 2018. We SHOULD be aiming to make the playoffs in 2018.

It would likely take no less than a 2nd and a 5th round pick to get Tyrod. A 2nd rounder is a high pick in my opinion. Buffalo isn't gonna give him away.
I could just as easily see them accept a 3rd and a 5th. I'd even send Lee and a 3rd for Tyrod, I could see them liking that.

(08-21-2017, 02:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Of all the trade scenarios being flung about the board, I may like this one the best.  

I'd give them Greene and a fifth round pick for Groy.

At this point, I trade Marqise Lee straight up for Groy. With the emergence of Keelan Cole and Dede Westbrook, they could take his spot in a heartbeat and we'd miss nothing.

Eh. I don't share that opinion. Lee is worth more on the field in 2017 to me than that if I'm in the front office for the Jags.   Those young guys are still pretty unproven, though DeDe appears to be the real deal.

(08-21-2017, 02:24 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: we should be offering them picks and a WR for taylor... I too would like this deal.  Taylor is better than anything we have here.  He would be a scary options for teams with Fornette as he could fake a hand off and run it himself.

I've been all for QB's that can run and throw.  We have better weapons here than he has in buffalo aside from Mccoy obviously.

No!  No running qbs.  If we're going trade or draft we need a qb with real NFL skill set.  The only running qb that I can think of that ever won a SB was Steve Young.  But it was AFTER he developed into an NFL caliber passer.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(08-21-2017, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 02:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: At this point, I trade Marqise Lee straight up for Groy. With the emergence of Keelan Cole and Dede Westbrook, they could take his spot in a heartbeat and we'd miss nothing.

Eh. I don't share that opinion. Lee is worth more on the field in 2017 to me than that if I'm in the front office for the Jags.   Those young guys are still pretty unproven, though DeDe appears to be the real deal.

We'd still have ARob and Hurns as the veteran players add them to Cole, Westbrook, Greene and Benn and to me, that's still a pretty good stable of receivers. Given that we have no QB to get them the ball, would it really make much of a difference if we lost Lee?

(08-21-2017, 03:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Eh. I don't share that opinion. Lee is worth more on the field in 2017 to me than that if I'm in the front office for the Jags.   Those young guys are still pretty unproven, though DeDe appears to be the real deal.

We'd still have ARob and Hurns as the veteran players add them to Cole, Westbrook, Greene and Benn and to me, that's still a pretty good stable of receivers. Given that we have no QB to get them the ball, would it really make much of a difference if we lost Lee?

You just have a lesser opinion of Lee than I do, and apparently a greater opinion of the rookies. 
I would try to move Hurns long before I did Lee. 

I think Lee is going to provide big production for one team or another in the not so distant future and I'd like it to be the Jaguars. 

He's a dynamic player that has suffered through injury and sketchy QB ability thus far, but I see lots and lots of untapped talent there.

(08-21-2017, 03:36 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 02:24 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: we should be offering them picks and a WR for taylor... I too would like this deal.  Taylor is better than anything we have here.  He would be a scary options for teams with Fornette as he could fake a hand off and run it himself.

I've been all for QB's that can run and throw.  We have better weapons here than he has in buffalo aside from Mccoy obviously.

No!  No running qbs.  If we're going trade or draft we need a qb with real NFL skill set.  The only running qb that I can think of that ever won a SB was Steve Young.  But it was AFTER he developed into an NFL caliber passer.
Tyrod is an NFL caliber passer.

(08-21-2017, 05:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: Tyrod is an NFL caliber passer.

Taylor threw for a 44.4% completion rate and 2.9 yards per attempt the other night. 
(one more reason not to freak out in week two of preseason)

(08-20-2017, 12:19 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 09:27 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm starting to notice a trend here.. What we "think" the Jags should do, hardly ever translates to what The Jags "will" do..

Only the Front Office.

We all think the Jags will lose--and they're pretty consistent in that.

The skeptical mind might wonder if Marrone is a tank coach who will be fired as soon as the bleeding's done.

That is honestly disgusting - that would be an abysmal trade. Taylor does not represent a significant upgrade to Blake, if any at all, and you'd give away picks and premium talent to boot? You'd be a sucker for making that offer. There are few more flaws in your logic on top of that -

1. The Bills traded away a premier young WR who is more talented than Hurns, Lee or Westbrook and debatably Robinson depending on how you value certain things. 

2. The Bills are okay with the wideouts they have

3. T.J. Yates has looked decent over the years in back-up roles but he is not a starter. Behind him is the pre-draft rolly-chair GM favorite Nathan Peterman who has been disastrous throughout camp and preseason, he is far from ready to be put under center in real time action. 

The best option for the Bills is to keep Taylor and play him out as their starter. I'm not a believer in the long-term value of Taylor but he is talented enough to keep a team somewhere in the middle so Taylor becomes so far from the discussion.

(08-21-2017, 07:04 PM)TheAll22 Wrote:

That is honestly disgusting - that would be an abysmal trade. Taylor does not represent a significant upgrade to Blake, if any at all, and you'd give away picks and premium talent to boot? You'd be a sucker for making that offer. There are few more flaws in your logic on top of that -

1. The Bills traded away a premier young WR who is more talented than Hurns, Lee or Westbrook and debatably Robinson depending on how you value certain things. 

3. T.J. Yates has looked decent over the years in back-up roles but he is not a starter. Behind him is the pre-draft rolly-chair GM favorite Nathan Peterman who has been disastrous throughout camp and preseason, he is far from ready to be put under center in real time action. 

The best option for the Bills is to keep Taylor and play him out as their starter. I'm not a believer in the long-term value of Taylor but he is talented enough to keep a team somewhere in the middle so Taylor becomes so far from the discussion.

Exactly. I know people love to throw out the most improbable trade scenarios and pretend that they make sense in the real world, but someone tell me why any NFL would trade their starting QB three weeks before opening day.

The Bills still have to answer to their fans.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(08-21-2017, 07:59 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 07:04 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: That is honestly disgusting - that would be an abysmal trade. Taylor does not represent a significant upgrade to Blake, if any at all, and you'd give away picks and premium talent to boot? You'd be a sucker for making that offer. There are few more flaws in your logic on top of that -

Exactly. I know people love to throw out the most improbable trade scenarios and pretend that they make sense in the real world, but someone tell me why any NFL would trade their starting QB three weeks before opening day.

The Bills have to answer to their fans? They just traded their best player and young up and coming CB for draft picks. No one loves Tyrod there for some reason. Hes statistically efficient and a playmaker. The Bills are playing for 2018 and you're kidding yourself if you think their fans dont know that too

(08-21-2017, 04:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 03:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We'd still have ARob and Hurns as the veteran players add them to Cole, Westbrook, Greene and Benn and to me, that's still a pretty good stable of receivers. Given that we have no QB to get them the ball, would it really make much of a difference if we lost Lee?

You just have a lesser opinion of Lee than I do, and apparently a greater opinion of the rookies. 

I think Lee is going to provide big production for one team or another in the not so distant future and I'd like it to be the Jaguars. 

He's a dynamic player that has suffered through injury and sketchy QB ability thus far, but I see lots and lots of untapped talent there.

Unfortunately, I view Lee as another Michael Sims Walker.   Lots of talent and potential but nagging injuries.   Lee's injuries dates back to his college days .... kind of Caldwell's thing to draft players that drop due to injuries (Lee, Colvin, Jack)

(08-21-2017, 11:28 AM)JNev Wrote: I think people are underestimating how good this team would be with a competent QB. Calias Campbell, Malik Jackson, Barry Church, and AJ Bouye aren't "win 4 years from now when our 1st rd pick QB develops" signings. Those are win now signings. I'm unbelievably uncomfortable wasting another year of Campbell and Jackson's prime years to take a rookie lottery pick next year. Something has to budge soon

I'm more inclined to say those were "get over the cap floor because nobody we drafted is worth a [BLEEP]" signings. Make no mistake, these dudes are on paid vacation, why the hell else would they sign in Jacksonville instead of a real team?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(08-21-2017, 05:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Taylor threw for a 44.4% completion rate and 2.9 yards per attempt the other night. 

Your post very succinctly points out the obliviousness of our fans.

(08-21-2017, 08:25 PM)JNev Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 07:59 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Exactly. I know people love to throw out the most improbable trade scenarios and pretend that they make sense in the real world, but someone tell me why any NFL would trade their starting QB three weeks before opening day.

The Bills have to answer to their fans? They just traded their best player and young up and coming CB for draft picks. No one loves Tyrod there for some reason. Hes statistically efficient and a playmaker. The Bills are playing for 2018 and you're kidding yourself if you think their fans dont know that too

All of what you said may be true - you still don't trade your stater three weeks from opening day. At least not for what has been suggested here.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(08-21-2017, 04:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 03:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We'd still have ARob and Hurns as the veteran players add them to Cole, Westbrook, Greene and Benn and to me, that's still a pretty good stable of receivers. Given that we have no QB to get them the ball, would it really make much of a difference if we lost Lee?

We disagree here. I would not trade Hurns. He has the best hands of any receiver on our roster. He is also the only true big, possession receiver we have. To me, Lee offers the exact same thing that Westbrook and Cole do.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 11:44 PM by JackCity.)

(08-21-2017, 10:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 04:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You just have a lesser opinion of Lee than I do, and apparently a greater opinion of the rookies. 

We disagree here. I would not trade Hurns. He has the best hands of any receiver on our roster. He is also the only true big, possession receiver we have. To me, Lee offers the exact same thing that Westbrook and Cole do.
Hunts has 13 drops in 280 targets. Arob has 9 drops in 380.

(08-21-2017, 05:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Yeah their passing game looks very meh atm.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 03:40 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-21-2017, 11:42 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 10:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We disagree here. I would not trade Hurns. He has the best hands of any receiver on our roster. He is also the only true big, possession receiver we have. To me, Lee offers the exact same thing that Westbrook and Cole do.

I don't know who Hunts is, but Hurns has made some of the most beautiful catches I've ever seen. He's the guy who can come down with the ball in traffic. He may not be the biggest or the fastest, but no matter what stats say, just by looking at their careers with the team, most people would say Hurns has the best hands on the team.

(08-21-2017, 11:42 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 10:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We disagree here. I would not trade Hurns. He has the best hands of any receiver on our roster. He is also the only true big, possession receiver we have. To me, Lee offers the exact same thing that Westbrook and Cole do.

I don't know who Hunts is, but Hurns has made some of the most beautiful catches I've ever seen. He's the guy who can come down with the ball in traffic. He may not be the biggest or the fastest, but no matter what stats say, just by looking at their careers with the team, most people would say Hurns has the best hands on the team.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 06:06 AM by irontrooper83.)

I don't think we trade for anyone.
This front office has chosen to put all the fiches on the Bortles number and now we'll play through this season either with him (if he bounces back which would be difficult at this point) or his backup (in case Bortles keeps struggling and at that point he'll be either released before the season starts or benched after the first few games to avoid injury with the 5th year option)regardless of the "win now, win lunch" or whatever.