Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Game QB discussion

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 05:19 PM by FJohnson.)

(08-25-2017, 01:38 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:11 PM)FJohnson Wrote: I disagree. We often have open receivers and a pair of QB who cannot make the reads to get them the ball. Instead, it's thrown into double coverage. Brady makes those throws 10/10.

We must be watching different games then, I guess.  Our receivers rarely get separation.  Vastly overrated.  Not saying they are bad, but they are league average.

Not every play, but enough plays to advance the ball. Example in Bortles' 2pt attempt. Grant open underneath.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-j...picked-off

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-25-2017, 05:19 PM)FJohnson Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:38 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: We must be watching different games then, I guess.  Our receivers rarely get separation.  Vastly overrated.  Not saying they are bad, but they are league average.

Not every play, but enough plays to advance the ball. Example in Bortles' 2pt attempt. Grant open underneath.

the other 1, the first one that never got to AH a rb I think 37 wide open
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(08-25-2017, 04:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: Spacecoastjag is probably on suicide watch

Probably so. I'm curious if spacecoastjag is somewhere still pumping his "Bortles is elite" hyperbole to anyone that'll listen, lol.

That said, I still think BB will be the starter on opening day. The Jags should roll with him to start the season. If he keeps making bad decisions, or his accuracy issues are hindering chances for victory, then yank him. If BB gets yanked, see if Henne can elevate his play, and if he doesn't look better after 2 or 3 games,, yank him out too,, Go to Allen. 

BB had a stretch of games last year that caused some fan grumblings about benching him. There was a legitimate case to be made last season for doing just that. A benching may have been a motivator (a swift kick in the rear end) for him to come back and play better. Of course, they didn't. Maybe they just used this preseason as the chance to get him motivated with a benching? Idk. 

Roll with Bortles. Give him a very short leash though. He sux = He gone. 

Henne is a capable BACKUP. You know,, a guy that can come in and maybe win 2 out of 4 games while the main starter is injured (I mean, that's what every backup in the league is, isn't it?). That's Henne. But no way is that good enough to rely on for a 16 game season.

(08-25-2017, 05:54 PM)jagherd Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 04:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: Spacecoastjag is probably on suicide watch

Probably so. I'm curious if spacecoastjag is somewhere still pumping his "Bortles is elite" hyperbole to anyone that'll listen, lol.

That said, I still think BB will be the starter on opening day. The Jags should roll with him to start the season. If he keeps making bad decisions, or his accuracy issues are hindering chances for victory, then yank him. If BB gets yanked, see if Henne can elevate his play, and if he doesn't look better after 2 or 3 games,, yank him out too,, Go to Allen. 

BB had a stretch of games last year that caused some fan grumblings about benching him. There was a legitimate case to be made last season for doing just that. A benching may have been a motivator (a swift kick in the rear end) for him to come back and play better. Of course, they didn't. Maybe they just used this preseason as the chance to get him motivated with a benching? Idk. 

Henne is a capable BACKUP. You know,, a guy that can come in and maybe win 2 out of 4 games while the main starter is injured (I mean, that's what every backup in the league is, isn't it?). That's Henne. But no way is that good enough to rely on for a 16 game season.

2 out of 4 games for this team or for the Patriots? Because if you mean the Patriots you might be correct. For the Jaguars he'd be extremely lucky to win one out of four.

(08-25-2017, 05:18 PM)13Coronas Wrote: I went to the replays of  both of BB5 pics and saw, both check downs were wide open, Corey Grant should be waving his hand or YELLING
like BB5 had to throw to the covered receiver and not use the check down

Bortles also isn't helping himself on some of these INTs by staring down the WRs... DBs are sometimes just reading his eyes. The best QB can look away DBs who do that.
'02

My biggest question is just why are they so reluctant to try something new? They act like Henne/Bortles are the only 2 QBs in the league.

Clearly something isn't working, what harm does it do to try something/someone else out? Whether that's Allen, Kaep, whoever. Just ATTEMPT to do something about it.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

You know Bortles has made a lot of bad plays, but we seem to forget that he has also had some really big games in spite of being surrounded by sub par talent.  Remember this one from 2015?

Blake Bortles dominates as Jags put up 51 on Colts (12/13/2015)

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Blake Bortles threw for three touchdowns and ran for a score - all in the second half - and the Jacksonville Jaguars beat Indianapolis 51-16 on Sunday and ended the Colts' 16-game winning streak in the AFC South.

Is Henne even capable of something like that?

(08-25-2017, 07:57 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 05:18 PM)13Coronas Wrote: I went to the replays of  both of BB5 pics and saw, both check downs were wide open, Corey Grant should be waving his hand or YELLING
like BB5 had to throw to the covered receiver and not use the check down

Bortles also isn't helping himself on some of these INTs by staring down the WRs... DBs are sometimes just reading his eyes. The best QB can look away DBs who do that.

In that video it looked like multiple times he was staring down his target AND hesitating just enough to make the ball get there late.

(08-25-2017, 05:54 PM)jagherd Wrote:

In less than 2 years, Bortles won't even be a "BACKUP" in this league. Mark it down.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017, 12:23 AM by FreeAgent01.)

(08-25-2017, 05:19 PM)FJohnson Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:38 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: We must be watching different games then, I guess.  Our receivers rarely get separation.  Vastly overrated.  Not saying they are bad, but they are league average.

The corner (#39) is squatting right on him.... He throws that and it's either stopped at the 1 or 2 in the other direction...

The corner had zone in the flats and it was a terrible route by Sterling I believe. He got 0 depth into his route.

Blake killed it last night. Give him his dues.

(08-26-2017, 01:58 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Blake killed it last night. Give him his dues.

Against back-ups?

(08-26-2017, 02:26 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 01:58 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Blake killed it last night. Give him his dues.

Against back-ups?

This is what i'm talking about. Blake needs positive reinforcements. Anytime he does something good, excuses are made to discredit his accomplishments. Just admit it, Blakey was the best qb on the field, for either team. His balls are beautiful too, tight and crisp. If i was a reciever, I would love to catch his balls.

(08-26-2017, 02:51 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 02:26 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Against back-ups?

This is what i'm talking about. Blake needs positive reinforcements. Anytime he does something good, excuses are made to discredit his accomplishments. Just admit it, Blakey was the best qb on the field, for either team. His balls are beautiful too, tight and crisp. If i was a reciever, I would love to catch his balls.

[Image: haha-oh-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg]