Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It Saddens Me

(09-07-2017, 12:35 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 01:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, Copycat is the one who said that, so maybe you should ask him?

As far as the rest of it, violence isn't increasing (as I showed), calls for killing cops aren't a new thing (check your 60s radical playbook for that one), Black Only Graduation is an urban legend, and the hate groups "springing up" all over have been active for over 100 years. Basically things are the same or better than they've ever been except for a few specific geographic areas. I know it's hard for you guys to accept it, but the kids of today aren't any  worse than you were at that age, they're just different  (and in some ways much better!) than you.

You proved nothing other than you argue just to argue...from the 60's until very recently, the call to kill cops had become nearly non existent, especially on national tv and by celebrities...Hate groups have increased, violence has increased, rioting has increased..Those things had become few and far between until very recently...They didn't become non existent, but they sure did slow down...Now it's almost a daily thing... Rioting and looting is now called protesting, hate speeches are now covered by the first amendment including people who call for the assassination of the POTUS...I don't know if you have had your head stuck in the sand or what planet you are living on but ours has most certainly become more violent

Exactly, data and facts don't matter to you guys, like every other old generation you're stuck in your own heads.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-06-2017, 01:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, Copycat is the one who said that, so maybe you should ask him?

As far as the rest of it, violence isn't increasing (as I showed), calls for killing cops aren't a new thing (check your 60s radical playbook for that one), Black Only Graduation is an urban legend, and the hate groups "springing up" all over have been active for over 100 years. Basically things are the same or better than they've ever been except for a few specific geographic areas. I know it's hard for you guys to accept it, but the kids of today aren't any  worse than you were at that age, they're just different  (and in some ways much better!) than you.

You proved nothing other than you argue just to argue...from the 60's until very recently, the call to kill cops had become nearly non existent, especially on national tv and by celebrities...Hate groups have increased, violence has increased, rioting has increased..Those things had become few and far between until very recently...They didn't become non existent, but they sure did slow down...Now it's almost a daily thing... Rioting and looting is now called protesting, hate speeches are now covered by the first amendment including people who call for the assassination of the POTUS...I don't know if you have had your head stuck in the sand or what planet you are living on but ours has most certainly become more violent
Well that's not true. You're old enough to remember LA during the 90's right?

(09-07-2017, 08:40 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 12:35 AM)wrong_box Wrote: You proved nothing other than you argue just to argue...from the 60's until very recently, the call to kill cops had become nearly non existent, especially on national tv and by celebrities...Hate groups have increased, violence has increased, rioting has increased..Those things had become few and far between until very recently...They didn't become non existent, but they sure did slow down...Now it's almost a daily thing... Rioting and looting is now called protesting, hate speeches are now covered by the first amendment including people who call for the assassination of the POTUS...I don't know if you have had your head stuck in the sand or what planet you are living on but ours has most certainly become more violent

Probably not, he suffers from the same Selective Memory Syndrome that every person his age eventually suffers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 11:38 AM by wrong_box.)

(09-07-2017, 08:40 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 12:35 AM)wrong_box Wrote: You proved nothing other than you argue just to argue...from the 60's until very recently, the call to kill cops had become nearly non existent, especially on national tv and by celebrities...Hate groups have increased, violence has increased, rioting has increased..Those things had become few and far between until very recently...They didn't become non existent, but they sure did slow down...Now it's almost a daily thing... Rioting and looting is now called protesting, hate speeches are now covered by the first amendment including people who call for the assassination of the POTUS...I don't know if you have had your head stuck in the sand or what planet you are living on but ours has most certainly become more violent
you have provided exactly zero facts to support your argument and pick snippets out of different sentences of my posts to try and prove me wrong...If you're going to use my posts against me, you should at least use whole sentences rather than just snippets of sentences
(09-07-2017, 08:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 08:40 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Well that's not true. You're old enough to remember LA during the 90's right?

Probably not, he suffers from the same Selective Memory Syndrome that every person his age eventually suffers.

Yup I remember...I also remember very few riots prior to that for decades before that period...Your reading comprehension isn't real good or you just choose to ignore certain parts of my posts such as the parts when I have said until recently, rioting had decreased from the 60's but did not become non existent...Guess you missed that part...so since y'all can't quote me correctly and it's very clear y'all just want to argue just to argue, I'm done...

(09-07-2017, 11:28 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 08:40 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Well that's not true. You're old enough to remember LA during the 90's right?
you have provided exactly zero facts to support your argument and pick snippets out of different sentences of my posts to try and prove me wrong...If you're going to use my posts against me, you should at least use whole sentences rather than just snippets of sentences
(09-07-2017, 08:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Probably not, he suffers from the same Selective Memory Syndrome that every person his age eventually suffers.

Yup I remember...I also remember very few riots prior to that for decades before that period...Your reading comprehension isn't real good or you just choose to ignore certain parts of my posts such as the parts when I have said until recently, rioting had decreased from the 60's but did not become non existent...Guess you missed that part...so since y'all can't quote me correctly and it's very clear y'all just want to argue just to argue, I'm done...
Bye Snowflake.

(09-07-2017, 11:45 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 11:28 AM)wrong_box Wrote: you have provided exactly zero facts to support your argument and pick snippets out of different sentences of my posts to try and prove me wrong...If you're going to use my posts against me, you should at least use whole sentences rather than just snippets of sentences

Bye Snowflake.

ahahahahahaha @ snowflake too funny cya down the line somewhere

(09-07-2017, 12:05 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 11:45 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Bye Snowflake.

ahahahahahaha @ snowflake too funny cya down the line somewhere
Go Jags! lol

It saddens me when older folks are done.

You proved nothing other than you argue just to argue...from the 60s until very recently, the call to kill cops had become nearly non existent, especially on national TV and by celebrities...Hate groups have increased, violence has increased, rioting has increased. Those things had become few and far between until very recently. They didn't become non-existent, but they sure did slow down...Now it's almost a daily thing. Rioting and looting is now called protesting, hate speeches are now covered by the first amendment including people who call for the assassination of the POTUS. I don't know if you have had your head stuck in the sand or what planet you are living on but ours has most certainly become more violent.

The Supreme Court tossed out a law decades ago that prohibited burning the U.S. flag on the grounds that it is protected by the First Amendment. That does not mean we should be protesting the way people have been; looting and attacking people are crimes regardless of the reasons people choose those methods to protest anything. Hate speeches have never been banned in this country because they are protected by the First Amendment. They simply increased in recent years, some of them for very good reasons. Of course, anyone who threatens to assassinate the POTUS will get himself in huge trouble as soon as someone finds out about it.