Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Changes i would make

(10-03-2017, 03:58 PM)FBT Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:33 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: There is no reason to think you know what the Jaguars will do before they are ready to think about making a decision.

It’s as safe a bet as you’re ever going to see. Coughlin hasn’t been sold on him from the start.  He’ll unload Bortles as soon as he possibly can once the season is over.

If that is true why didn't Tom Coughlin bring in competition, even if only to have a camp arm?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-03-2017, 02:27 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 10:22 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Every draft analyst thought Leonard Fournette was going to be a top five pick and most if not all slotted him at #4. Nobody said anything similar to that about Deshaun Watson.
But the thing was.  Many of us seen LSU and the fact he would not light the world on fire.  He has yet to break away for explosive TDS.  And he is not being used correct due to Blake's style. 

Watson has a winning attitude and shows up during close and big games.   

Ya don't wait on a QB.  When don't have one.   Next year is a long way away.  Anything can happen.

So confused. What are. You talking about?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-03-2017, 04:11 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:27 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: But the thing was.  Many of us seen LSU and the fact he would not light the world on fire.  He has yet to break away for explosive TDS.  And he is not being used correct due to Blake's style. 

Ya don't wait on a QB.  When don't have one.   Next year is a long way away.  Anything can happen.

You don't want to go there. Nobody knows what hitler is talking about 91% of the time.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(10-03-2017, 02:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:38 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Would you like to make a wager? I can almost guarantee you that Blake will not be a Jaguar next year. New coach in Marrone doesn't care for him. Coughlin we know doesn't like Blake as a QB. 

He will not be here. Book it.

The only thing we can bet is our avatars. I block all signatures.

If Doug Marrone did not care for Blake Bortles, why did he stick with him?

Ya'll should have a Loser Leaves Town bet. That would be awesome!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Honestly this team is far better than I expected when this season started. I think we'll gel as the season goes on and have a decent shot at the playoffs.

The biggest upgrades we need to make are at QB and OG IMO. Next year, we make those and we ride the gravy train to dynasty town.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 04:43 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-03-2017, 04:11 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:27 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: But the thing was. Many of us seen LSU and the fact he would not light the world on fire. He has yet to break away for explosive TDS. And he is not being used correct due to Blake's style. 

Ya don't wait on a QB. When don't have one. Next year is a long way away. Anything can happen.

TTR never knows what he is talking about and just wants to post no nonsense to confuse people IMO. I am not the only one who thinks he is a troll.

BTW I can translate his comments in perfect English.

"Many of us have seen Leonard Fournette play in LSU games. He did not jump out on tape. He has yet to break away for an explosive TD. He isn't being used correctly in our offense due to the way Blake Bortles plays.

"Deshaun Watson has a winning attitude and plays very well during close and big games.

"You don't want to wait to to draft a QB when you don't have a good one on the roster. Next year is a long way off. Anything can happen."

Of course, TTR has no idea how bad the 2017 QB class is and pays no attention to LSU games himself. He is not a Tigers fan. He does not read mock drafts or watch NFL Network. It is obvious he also does not know the reason we drafted Fournette was the way Bortles plays, which is what everyone else said the entire offseason.

(10-03-2017, 04:24 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Honestly this team is far better than I expected when this season started.  I think we'll gel as the season goes on and have a decent shot at the playoffs.  

The biggest upgrades we need to make are at QB and OG IMO.  Next year, we make those and we ride the gravy train to dynasty town.

You are dreaming. As long as Bill Belicheat and Tom Brady are together, New England will be a dynasty. That will last at least five more seasons.

(10-03-2017, 04:03 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 03:58 PM)FBT Wrote: It’s as safe a bet as you’re ever going to see. Coughlin hasn’t been sold on him from the start.  He’ll unload Bortles as soon as he possibly can once the season is over.

If that is true why didn't Tom Coughlin bring in competition, even if only to have a camp arm?

Maybe because he didn't see anything available that was a viable option, and decided to fix other holes that were more pressing?  It's not rocket science we're talking about.  They wanted to give Bortles this year to prove himself.  So far he hasn't shown the propensity to be much more than an inconsistent QB who can't be relied upon to deliver at clutch time.  

I know you're just locked on to this fifth year option like a pit bull chewing on a kitten, but you're going to have to let that go.  Bortles fate is probably darn near decided at this point, and it's not looking good for him to remain with the Jaguars, especially at a $19 million price tag.  He's 12 games from ending his NFL career as a starter, at least here.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 06:16 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

(10-03-2017, 04:25 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 04:11 PM)knarnn Wrote: So confused. What are. You talking about?

TTR never knows what he is talking about and just wants to post no nonsense to confuse people IMO. I am not the only one who thinks he is a troll.

BTW I can translate his comments in perfect English.

"Many of us have seen Leonard Fournette play in LSU games. He did not jump out on tape. He has yet to break away for an explosive TD. He isn't being used correctly in our offense due to the way Blake Bortles plays.

"Deshaun Watson has a winning attitude and plays very well during close and big games.

"You don't want to wait to to draft a QB when you don't have a good one on the roster. Next year is a long way off. Anything can happen."

Of course, TTR has no idea how bad the 2017 QB class is and pays no attention to LSU games himself. He is not a Tigers fan. He does not read mock drafts or watch NFL Network. It is obvious he also does not know the reason we drafted Fournette was the way Bortles plays, which is what everyone else said the entire offseason.
Absolutely correct.  Except I watch the nfl network and ESPN frequently also really good podcasters. Who are highly intelligent and give details.  

A troll doesn't move to Jacksonville mainly for the Jags.  A troll doesn't party with the Bold City Brigade or Teal Street Hooligans.  

A troll wouldn't care Taylor Made ripped up the dolphins.  Watched us lose by 11 to New England.  Or kicked a bucket because Young keeled at end of game on our emblem.  

A troll wouldn't of paid over a thousand dollars for a world radio prior to internet to listen to the Jags. 

I am willing to bet.  I know more about the Jags than you do.  And Jacksonville Football.  I read the entire history of it.  

So no.  I am a die hard fan.  And Love the Jags.  But either Marriota or Watson would make us a much better team.  

When ya don't have a QB.  You don't select a RB.  Especially with hardly any Oline. 

While it is true.  Defenses win championships.  It is also true.  Some games rely on the QB taking the team and winning the games.  And Blake has not shown he can. 

I also pointed out when our running game is over 200 yards including whole rushing offense we have lost more.   And unless Fournette can start making TDS left and right.  It was a waste.   Based on where is drafted. 

Because Blake is not the answer.  So everyone has to deal all year with a 500 or less team.   Due to fact do not have a QB. What is so hard to understand about that?

If ya want to understand my calligraphy then read entire line till . or mark as one sentence.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(10-03-2017, 06:00 PM)FBT Wrote: Maybe because he didn't see anything available that was a viable option, and decided to fix other holes that were more pressing?  It's not rocket science we're talking about.  They wanted to give Bortles this year to prove himself.  So far he hasn't shown the propensity to be much more than an inconsistent QB who can't be relied upon to deliver at clutch time.  

I know you're just locked on to this fifth year option like a pit bull chewing on a kitten, but you're going to have to let that go.  Bortles fate is probably darn near decided at this point, and it's not looking good for him to remain with the Jaguars, especially at a $19 million price tag.  He's 12 games from ending his NFL career as a starter, at least here.

I am just not seeing the same logic other people use because prior to picking up the fifth year option Coughlin, Caldwell, and Marrone all said the same thing: We want Blake Bortles. Surely you remember my offseason signature. Only during training camp - months after Coughlin picked up the option - did Marrone get frustrated with Bortles and consider a switch to Chad Henne. That switch lasted one week at most. That is why I don't understand everyone else saying we did not really want Bortles on May 3.

(10-03-2017, 06:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 06:00 PM)FBT Wrote: Maybe because he didn't see anything available that was a viable option, and decided to fix other holes that were more pressing?  It's not rocket science we're talking about.  They wanted to give Bortles this year to prove himself.  So far he hasn't shown the propensity to be much more than an inconsistent QB who can't be relied upon to deliver at clutch time.  

I am just not seeing the same logic other people use because prior to picking up the fifth year option Coughlin, Caldwell, and Marrone all said the same thing: We want Blake Bortles. Surely you remember my offseason signature. Only during training camp - months after Coughlin picked up the option - did Marrone get frustrated with Bortles and consider a switch to Chad Henne. That switch lasted one week at most. That is why I don't understand everyone else saying we did not really want Bortles on May 3.

On point.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Back to the original topic, these are the changes I would make:

Play Fournette more, especially in critical situations. I believe he has been in 50% of the plays. That is not enough for the team's best weapon and top 5 draft pick.

That is it. The team's biggest problem, #5, is all they have right now. Playing Henne or Nassib will not lead to more wins, although I'd bench Bortles once the team is out of playoff contention for 19 million reasons.

(10-03-2017, 08:27 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Back to the original topic, these are the changes I would make:

Play Fournette more, especially in critical situations. I believe he has been in 50% of the plays. That is not enough for the team's best weapon and top 5 draft pick.

That is it. The team's biggest problem, #5, is all they have right now. Playing Henne or Nassib will not lead to more wins, although I'd bench Bortles once the team is out of playoff contention for 19 million reasons.

Blake's salary next year will be $18 million if he plays in every game and does not get hurt.

We may not be out of playoff contention until New year's Eve. I would be OK with benching Bortles during that game if it turns into a blowout.

Regarding Leonard Fournette, remember he is not Ezediel Elliott. There is a reason to have him split carries with Chris Ivory and Corey Grant as he learns to play in the NFL. At some point he will become a three-down back.

Plays Inside the 5: 0 Run (0%), 1 Pass (100%)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fa...-york-jets

(10-03-2017, 09:53 AM)Teal Time Radio Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 09:37 AM)FBT Wrote: I think the issue with Henne still being around this year is that with Couglhin coming in, there were a lot of changes needed on the roster, and Henne was seen as serviceable (being generous).  Competition for Bortles SHOULD have been brought in, but I think the talent pool to pick from was a little weak to begin with.  Odds are, we'll have a completely different group of QBs on the roster when OTAs kick off next year.

Agreed.  But still think we dropped the ball with Watson. But time will tell.

Watson was my pick. Then Fournette

(10-04-2017, 03:59 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Watson was my pick. Then Fournette

Did you want the Jaguars to trade down for Deshaun Watson?

(10-03-2017, 08:58 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Blake's salary next year will be $18 million if he plays in every game and does not get hurt.

Okay, I'll try to make my point on the 5 year extension for you.  Your statement that I quoted is NOT true.

Scenario A: The Jaguars want to keep Bortles during 2018.

If this is the case, then when Bortles physical comes up in the off-season in Spring of 2018 and he passes it he is guaranteed 18-19 Million dollars regardless of how many games he is healthy for in 2018.

Scenario B: The Jaguars do NOT want Bortles on the roster during 2018, because they don't believe his QB play is worth the 18-19 Million dollars.

They can cut him, so long as he does pass his 2018 physical--saving the 18-19 million salary.

The problem is if Bortles gets injured this year and can't pass his physical (tears his ACL, for an example) they are stuck paying him the 18-19 salary even if they wanted to cut him.  This means that right now, playing Bortles in any game risks injury, that could put them on the hook for the 2018 season.

So Tom Coughlin gambled on the possibility Blake Bortles will not get hurt this season. If that is what he was thinking, it would have made more sense to simply not pick up the fifth-year option because that way knows we will not be on the hook for those $18 million.

(10-04-2017, 03:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: So Tom Coughlin gambled on the possibility Blake Bortles will not get hurt this season. If that is what he was thinking, it would have made more sense to simply not pick up the fifth-year option because that way knows we will not be on the hook for those $18 million.
Yes.

Which is why everyone was fairly shocked that they picked up the option.

(10-04-2017, 03:28 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 03:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: So Tom Coughlin gambled on the possibility Blake Bortles will not get hurt this season. If that is what he was thinking, it would have made more sense to simply not pick up the fifth-year option because that way knows we will not be on the hook for those $18 million.
Yes.

Which is why everyone was fairly shocked that they picked up the option.

The media was not the least bit surprised. According to NFL.com, it was a no-brainer for financial reasons. The idea was don't franchise tag him for his fifth season, which would cost a lot more than $18 million. Only after Chad Henne started a preseason game did anyone (ironically David Carr) say Blake Bortles should be cut instead of play on the option in 2018.