Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Imagine if this team had a consistently average QB

(10-10-2017, 07:10 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 06:49 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Why do you say that especially if he playing the role that the Jaguars is vision for him? Y'all people are so hypocritical because you mad based on him being a game manager but then want to bring another game magic and Tyrod Taylor? You're not making sense to me and by the way his option is low and starting quarterback money unless you're saying he don't deserve to be a start at at all.

There's actually several different people expressing points of view here so expecting all those POVs to be consistent is not realistic.  With regards to Bortles, the problem at this point is that the staff no longer seems to have confidence in him and the opposing defenses don't seem to respect the passing game.  He can occasionally make plays, so I wouldn't call him a game manger, he's too inconsistent. On occasion he can look spectacular but usually his accuracy issues lead to problems. 

In retrospect, the team might have been better served not tampering with his throwing motion because he seemed to be a lot more accurate when he was throwing like he did in college.

I understand that but we're speculating if the coaching staff believe in him and so let me do the same thing. If the coaching staff has no belief in him they would have bench him by now which isn't the case and as far as the opposing team having respect for him i can contribute that to now having anyone on the outside to scare them like Allen Robinson. If Allen Robinson was playing you think they would still stack 9 in the box? The answer is no because teams do respect him and don't respect any of these other cats at the wide receiver. The only thing that's clear to me is the fanbase has no belief him because despite the perception he is playing well for the role they have for him.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So the entire 'fan base' is wrong except for you and spacedoutjag?

Wow.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-09-2017, 10:38 PM)jaglyn Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 10:06 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I don't know about this, hes not that old (33,34) and he has always had good arm strength that he didn't use right. It just took him awhile to get the decision making. Honestly his game has gotten so much better as he ages, I am thinking people still pidgeonhole him as a game manager, but he really is better than that now. He is winning games for the chiefs, not just tagging along. If they want to let him go cheap, I would absolutely want him. He is playing like a legit franchise QB now.

It's also Andy Reid. He makes any QB look good

And that is the challenge.  You have to develop your own guy.  If we don't have one, we got to find one.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-10-2017, 08:12 AM)Rico Wrote: So the entire 'fan base' is wrong except for you and spacedoutjag?

Wow.
 Yes and if fact we're right so far because the team is 3 and 2 and he plays a part of it if he is not the main reason for the record. He has done everything the team asked of him so for people like you to still be crying and complaining about it is not right. We have a winning record isn't that what you want this is situation

(10-10-2017, 10:00 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 08:12 AM)Rico Wrote: So the entire 'fan base' is wrong except for you and spacedoutjag?

Wow.
 Yes and if fact we're right so far because the team is 3 and 2 and he plays a part of it if he is not the main reason for the record. He has done everything the team asked of him so for people like you to still be crying and complaining about it is not right. We have a winning record isn't that what you want this is situation
Absolutely we want a winning record. That's obvious.

But if you think QB can't be upgraded on this team then you're delusional. They are handicapping this offense for Blake. Why are teams stacking the box and forcing Blake to throw? Do you think teams stack the box against Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan or heck even Cam?

I think they have more faith in BB5 then they do in current receivers and that is why the play calling has been turned down wtih regards to passing. Using a basketball term, the set plays are working better then the general offense in the passing game. Specific plays designed for specific receives and only one option ( much like the plays in the ravens game) work better with this pass offense then counting on the receivers to get open. Alot has to do with defenses stacking the box and playing man on the receivers. If the line could give BB5 a bit more time we could try some deeper routes.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 10:17 AM by leopold332002.)

(10-10-2017, 10:06 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 10:00 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:  Yes and if fact we're right so far because the team is 3 and 2 and he plays a part of it if he is not the main reason for the record. He has done everything the team asked of him so for people like you to still be crying and complaining about it is not right. We have a winning record isn't that what you want this is situation
Absolutely we want a winning record. That's obvious.

But if you think QB can't be upgraded on this team then you're delusional. They are handicapping this offense for Blake. Why are teams stacking the box and forcing Blake to throw? Do you think teams stack the box against Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan or heck even Cam?
First off, they do stack the box versus Cam Newton and secondly, the stat box isnt an indictment on Blake more so than there's nobody on the outside wide receiver wise they need to fear overall. Last year they didn't stack the box at all because you still had Allen Robinson and teams respected him. So stop using the stack the Box  narrative to make your point about Blake when context is everything.

I see we still have alot of Blake believers here.

I just don't get it how some don't see that he's awful.

(10-10-2017, 10:24 AM)BklynJag Wrote: I see we still have alot of Blake believers here.

Or maybe some of us have accepted that this year is what it is and choose to enjoy the moment.  Pissing and moaning incessantly about a situation that you have no control over is insane.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 10:55 AM by RicoTx.)

(10-10-2017, 10:24 AM)BklynJag Wrote: I see we still have alot of Blake believers here.

I don't know who's worse, you...who says that 'there are a lot of Blake believers here', or Leo and SpacedOut who seem to think he's 'doing a good job'. 

Since there are 'a lot', it should be easy for you to point out who they are.

Who. Is. A. Blake. Believer?

Outside of 2 guys who think Blake is the answer, just about everyone else believes he's gone next year because he hasn't been good enough.

Do you know what "A lot" actually means?

(10-10-2017, 10:52 AM)Frailbones Wrote:

Outside of 2 guys who think Blake is the answer, just about everyone else believes he's gone next year because he hasn't been good enough.

Well, since he doesn't know that it's two words...probably not.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 11:06 AM by Cleatwood.)

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/10/10...on-manning

I'll just leave this here for Spacecoast and any other crazy people.

(10-10-2017, 10:52 AM)Frailbones Wrote:

I'm not saying I'm a Blake believer but I do support him while he's the quarterback on this team. I think so many you just go overboard with your criticism of him and is not a foregone conclusion that he would not be here next year based on the circumstances of the team. Despite if any of us think he's worth the 19 million dollar option that number is low end in starting quarterback money which is the same amount of money that Mike Glennon, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Alex Smith, Ryan Tannehill , Tyrod Taylor, and Brock Osweiler had received from their team recently

(10-10-2017, 11:08 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 10:52 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Who. Is. A. Blake. Believer?

I'm not saying I'm a Blake believer but I do support him while he's the quarterback on this team. I think so many you just go overboard with your criticism of him and is not a foregone conclusion that he would not be here next year based on the circumstances of the team. Despite if any of us think he's worth the 19 million dollar option that number is low end in starting quarterback money which is the same amount of money that Mike Glennon, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Alex Smith, Ryan Tannehill , Tyrod Taylor, and Brock Osweiler had received from their team recently
What you're failing to realize is that the majority of posters on this board are supporting Blake. The majority want him to do really well because that would most likely mean the Jags do well.

But it's not hard to see that the QB position can and most likely will be upgraded next year. This offense is hindered by Blake. He passed for 95 yards this past week. That's not a QB you build your team around and most teams build around the QB. 

And fans overreact. It's what they do. But when the dust settles, most people can see Blake is not the answer for the future of this team.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 01:38 PM by JackCity.)

(10-10-2017, 10:15 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 10:06 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Absolutely we want a winning record. That's obvious.

First off, they do stack the box versus Cam Newton and secondly, the stat box isnt an indictment on Blake more so than there's nobody on the outside wide receiver wise they need to fear overall. Last year they didn't stack the box at all because you still had Allen Robinson and teams respected him. So stop using the stack the Box  narrative to make your point about Blake when context is everything.

Last year we faced 8 men boxes a ton. We'd still see 8 men boxes this year even with Arob. That's how you defend against a team that plans to run as much as we do.

(10-10-2017, 11:08 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 10:52 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Who. Is. A. Blake. Believer?

Blake Bortles is not worth the 19 million option at all. Just because Glennon and Brock got awful contracts doesn't mean it's a good thing to do. All the rest of the QBs you named are a good deal better than Blake.

I'll try to be fair to Bklyn here as I'm watching Rich Eisen beat the drum for Tom Coughlin to pick up the phone and see what the Giants would want for Eli.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-10-2017, 11:06 AM)RFrailbones Wrote: https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/10/10...on-manning

That article is on point. 

The Jaguars are a case-study in damage mitigation.

(10-10-2017, 11:06 AM)Frailbones Wrote: https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/10/10...on-manning

Here are some of my favorite points from that article (Thanks for Positing)

Two of their defensive backs—A.J. Bouye and Jalen Ramsey—lead the NFL in lowest completion percentage when targeted. Their defense has as many touchdowns as the entire Miami Dolphins team. Leonard Fournette, the reason their offense is functioning with a bad quarterback, is making NFL defenders look like anyone who ever pissed off John Wick.

And this is pure gold to close out the article

If you’re forced to play Blake Bortles, you shouldn’t give up. No, you should do everything you can to limit the damage a Bortles is able to do.

That is signature worthy.  The damage a Bortles is able to do.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I agree the QB is an issue. If we can find a decent trade before the trade deadline we should pull the trigger. Look what the Vikings done last year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]