Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't run Fournette into the ground

This guy is way too special. It's not fair. He's a special talent. You have to get him a QB who can pass the ball and not constantly stack the box against him. You're shortening his career with those hits. We NEED him healthy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I dont think they care all that much. Marrone ran his mouth all summer about how he never wanted blake to throw. He doesnt care about saving fournette he cares about running his stoneage gameplan.

(10-15-2017, 10:50 PM)GlockBortles Wrote: I dont think they care all that much. Marrone ran his mouth all summer about how he never wanted blake to throw. He doesnt care about saving fournette he cares about running his stoneage gameplan.

Well, look at who the QB is? Would you want him to throw? I'm just saying that this guy is a special talent. Compared to Michael Jordan/Bo Jackson potential. It's not worth shortening his career because this franchise holds on to QBs too long.

(10-15-2017, 10:52 PM)haveaseat Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 10:50 PM)GlockBortles Wrote: I dont think they care all that much. Marrone ran his mouth all summer about how he never wanted blake to throw. He doesnt care about saving fournette he cares about running his stoneage gameplan.

Well, look at who the QB is? Would you want him to throw? I'm just saying that this guy is a special talent. Compared to Michael Jordan/Bo Jackson potential. It's not worth shortening his career because this franchise holds on to QBs too long.

Unfortunately my friend we will have to wait another year but I can promise you this team will bring in at minimum 2 new qbs next year. A vet and a rookie unless they go after Cousins. This year was never about only this year. This was the first year of the Coughlin/Marrone regime. The qb position  will be resolved we just saw the potential of this team and now it is painfully obvious we are a qb away from being an above .500 team consistently. Just a little more patience. We are almost to the light at the end of this 10 year tunnel

(10-15-2017, 11:11 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 10:52 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Well, look at who the QB is? Would you want him to throw? I'm just saying that this guy is a special talent. Compared to Michael Jordan/Bo Jackson potential. It's not worth shortening his career because this franchise holds on to QBs too long.

Unfortunately my friend we will have to wait another year but I can promise you this team will bring in at minimum 2 new qbs next year. A vet and a rookie unless they go after Cousins. This year was never about only this year. This was the first year of the Coughlin/Marrone regime. The qb position  will be resolved we just saw the potential of this team and now it is painfully obvious we are a qb away from being an above .500 team consistently. Just a little more patience. We are almost to the light at the end of this 10 year tunnel

IDK about 2 QBs but I would believe one...I doubt they go after Cousins unless he will restructure his contract...We can get a brand new still wet behind the ears rookie QB for less out of the draft and keep longer, but knowing the Jags they will pick up some mediocre guy in the late 3rd round

(10-16-2017, 12:27 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 11:11 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Unfortunately my friend we will have to wait another year but I can promise you this team will bring in at minimum 2 new qbs next year. A vet and a rookie unless they go after Cousins. This year was never about only this year. This was the first year of the Coughlin/Marrone regime. The qb position  will be resolved we just saw the potential of this team and now it is painfully obvious we are a qb away from being an above .500 team consistently. Just a little more patience. We are almost to the light at the end of this 10 year tunnel

IDK about 2 QBs but I would believe one...I doubt they go after Cousins unless he will restructure his contract...We can get a brand new still wet behind the ears rookie QB for less out of the draft and keep longer, but knowing the Jags they will pick up some mediocre guy in the late 3rd round

With Coughlin here I’m sure we will bring in a vet and draft a qb in the first round. I wouldn’t mind a Garoppolo but I don’t think they want to hitch their wagons to someone else’s guy. I think they want their own qb to mold.

I wouldn't call Fournette a Micheal Jordan/Bo Jackson type talent but he is very very good.

Unfortunately when you draft a running back at #4 , especially in our situation , the aim is to get as much mileage as possible out of them.

Until we get a decent QB it will be the same gameplan.

Yes it will be the greatest show on turf throwing to Lewis hurns and Lee. The magic bullet is coming!

(10-16-2017, 12:54 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Yes it will be the greatest show on turf throwing to Lewis hurns and Lee. The magic bullet is coming!

It's not even that. Pocket awareness. This dude could have had 2 forced fumbles go the other way today. He stood there and didn't even move or feel it at all. He's not a good quarterback. The front office knows it. Your gameplan isn't rushing the ball 90% of the game if you believe in your guy.

Mediocre qbs make mistakes. Replacing him with another mediocre one won't help. If there is a big upgrade out there sure.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 01:22 AM by wrong_box.)

(10-16-2017, 12:29 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:27 AM)wrong_box Wrote: IDK about 2 QBs but I would believe one...I doubt they go after Cousins unless he will restructure his contract...We can get a brand new still wet behind the ears rookie QB for less out of the draft and keep longer, but knowing the Jags they will pick up some mediocre guy in the late 3rd round

With Coughlin here I’m sure we will bring in a vet and draft a qb in the first round. I wouldn’t mind a Garoppolo but I don’t think they want to hitch their wagons to someone else’s guy. I think they want their own qb to mold.

I agree they will bring in a guy to mold, but IDK about another vet...I'd like to see a rookie drafted in the first, but we need some help on the OL...Coughlin likes the big uglies first before they are gone, if i remember correctly...They might draft a rookie qb and bring in a vet QB who is a career back up and get rid of Henne and Bortles or draft a QB and grab a FA career backup from FA

(10-16-2017, 01:18 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Mediocre qbs make mistakes. Replacing him with another mediocre one won't help. If there is a big upgrade out there sure.

We don't have a mediocre one.

We dodged a major bullet today. I still wouldn't call it out of the woods quite yet everyone knows how tricky ankles can be the next day after the adrenaline wears off, but fingers crossed.

Regardless, while I certainly haven't been alone I have probably been the most consistent person saying we need to use Fournette more judiciously. Unfortunately the guys in charge don't seem to care about Fournette's 3rd/4th/5th/etc seasons. Which is understandable Coughlin is the oldest front office man in the league and Caldwell is on some of the thinnest ice in the league. Just sucks as a long term invested fan to see the FO care so little about the long term future.

(10-16-2017, 03:53 AM)Upper Wrote: We dodged a major bullet today. I still wouldn't call it out of the woods quite yet everyone knows how tricky ankles can be the next day after the adrenaline wears off, but fingers crossed.

Regardless, while I certainly haven't been alone I have probably been the most consistent person saying we need to use Fournette more judiciously. Unfortunately the guys in charge don't seem to care about Fournette's 3rd/4th/5th/etc seasons. Which is understandable Coughlin is the oldest front office man in the league and Caldwell is on some of the thinnest ice in the league. Just sucks as a long term invested fan to see the FO care so little about the long term future.

#WinTodayIGuess

(10-16-2017, 12:27 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 11:11 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Unfortunately my friend we will have to wait another year but I can promise you this team will bring in at minimum 2 new qbs next year. A vet and a rookie unless they go after Cousins. This year was never about only this year. This was the first year of the Coughlin/Marrone regime. The qb position  will be resolved we just saw the potential of this team and now it is painfully obvious we are a qb away from being an above .500 team consistently. Just a little more patience. We are almost to the light at the end of this 10 year tunnel

Restructue what? Dude's on a one year deal and will have a record breaking contract next offseason.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

23 touches is 'running him into the ground'?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Last week people were saying keep Ivory off the field and give MORE touches to Fournette.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 02:57 PM by JackCity.)

(10-16-2017, 03:53 AM)Upper Wrote: We dodged a major bullet today. I still wouldn't call it out of the woods quite yet everyone knows how tricky ankles can be the next day after the adrenaline wears off, but fingers crossed.

What would be the touches limit you'd put on Fournette?

(10-16-2017, 02:21 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Last week people were saying keep Ivory off the field and give MORE touches to Fournette.

Like Marrone said in his presser. When we win there's been zero complaints about Fournettes touches.  When we lose its seems he's either had gotten too much or not enough.

Just bench him until next season when the Jags bring in a vet/rookie QB. Wait...we should keep him on the bench until AFTER the new QB learns the system/game. 2019 it is!
Huh

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 04:50 PM by Upper.)

(10-16-2017, 02:21 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Last week people were saying keep Ivory off the field and give MORE touches to Fournette.

(10-09-2017, 04:32 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 08:40 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Who’s the guy who said we should cut back on how many touches Fournette gets?

I am one of the many who have said that. Why is this being brought up though? It's obviously an argument based on long term preservation, not to try to call it as a victory for one side or another after a month. If, and more likely when, Fournette is hobbled and banged up (if not worse) in week 14 in the heat of the division/playoff race we might wish we had curtailed his carries a bit when we were ahead by 2+ scores late in some of these games.

Well, not everyone. I still had a long term preservation approach.

(10-16-2017, 02:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: Like Marrone said in his presser. When we win there's been zero complaints about Fournettes touches.  When we lose its seems he's either had gotten too much or not enough.

"UpperRDL 17 points 4 days ago
I didn't watch the clip because they are both awful, but it's not a diss to acknowledge that Fournette's workload and running style could lead to a shorter than average career. They need to start curtailing his carries where possible. For example, as great as Fournette's 90 yard TD was, it might be wise to let Ivory close out a game when we are up by 2 scores with 4 minutes left in the future."

And that was me on reddit the middle of last week, after a win. I've been doing my best to keep the big picture mindset.