Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** NBA 2017 Season Thread ***

(04-18-2018, 09:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: Damn , Pops wife passed away. Apparently she had been ill for several months.

He has seemed more cranky than usual this season. I can see why. Hope he finds some comfort.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Embiid's protective facewear makes it look like he's wearing a gas mask...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Utah has become a fun team to watch. OKC is pulling some sorry [BLEEP] stunts and I'm glad Utah is actually pulling through.

Fun to see harden ball out tonight. I personally hate Anthony Thomas so it is fun to see his [BLEEP] pouting when they get rickrolled.

(04-24-2018, 01:27 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Utah has become a fun team to watch. OKC is pulling some sorry [BLEEP] stunts and I'm glad Utah is actually pulling through.

Fun to see harden ball out tonight. I personally hate Anthony Thomas so it is fun to see his [BLEEP] pouting when they get rickrolled.

If Paul George stays on that team hes an idiot. They are going nowhere with Russel and Carmelo.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(04-24-2018, 02:54 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 01:27 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Utah has become a fun team to watch. OKC is pulling some sorry [BLEEP] stunts and I'm glad Utah is actually pulling through.

If Paul George stays on that team hes an idiot. They are going nowhere with Russel and Carmelo.

It is sad because as talented as westbrook is, He was half the reason they lost IMO. He wouldn't stop messing with rubio who was doing nothing while mitchell was going slap off. Then he would get all amped and start stomping around but im thinking to my self-Dude, you are still losing, what the hell are you doing. george just needs to stop letting the aussie guy get in his head but it always seems like he will get hot and start dropping shots but no one is there to feed him for help him keep rolling.

(04-14-2018, 09:49 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 07:05 AM)Rico Wrote: They've won six in a row without Embiid.

We will see if that continues in the playoffs. I mean its impressive, but I don't think they get past the 2nd round without him.

Looks like they won't get past the second round with him. I bought the hype too early.

Stevens is the truth.

Tough exit for Philly but still heavily surpassed expectations this year.

LeBron has surpassed Michael Jordan as the greatest basketball player of all time. LeBron does it all while Jordan was a ball hog scorer and one of the best defenders.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2018, 01:27 PM by JagsorDie.)

(05-06-2018, 01:38 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: LeBron has surpassed Michael Jordan as the greatest basketball player of all time.  LeBron does it all while Jordan was a ball hog scorer and one of the best defenders.

what is weird to me is how week to week all the hype is. one week the media is slamming LJ and saying he had to avoid a game 7 and then he does this. Don't get me wrong, this past week watching his has been some of the best ball i've seen from one individual player ive seen in a long while. The guy is a monster. It is just funny to see people doubt him after one one series.

also im not pointing out you either, i'm referring to the media in general.

(05-06-2018, 01:25 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 01:38 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: LeBron has surpassed Michael Jordan as the greatest basketball player of all time.  LeBron does it all while Jordan was a ball hog scorer and one of the best defenders.

what is weird to me is how week to week all the hype is. one week the media is slamming LJ and saying he had to avoid a game 7 and then he does this. Don't get me wrong, this past week watching his has been some of the best ball i've seen from one individual player ive seen in a long while. The guy is a monster. It is just funny to see people doubt him after one one series.

also im not pointing out you either, i'm referring to the media in general.

I agree that this series is going exactly how we would have expected it too prior to the Pacers taking the Cavs to seven. Man the Magic were so stupid trading Oladipo.

LBJ has the Raptors number. That game winner was amazing.

I'm probably the biggest Jordan fan on earth, so here is my take if it matters.

I named my son after Jordan, so I'm a huge fan, and I have watched both Jordan and James. 

Jordan could have won 8 Titles if his father didn't pass away. The only team that was even close to the Bulls was the Rockets. What many people don't realize is Michael could have been a MLB outfielder because he was that talented. But back to basketball. Michael was a ball hog and he took a lot of shots. He would tell you he was going for 50 points. And he did.

James could have went in the top 5 in an NFL draft as a TE, WR, and DE, or Safety. He would be Sean Taylor on defense and Shannon Sharpe on offense. But back to basketball. Lebron has the advantage at the end because he skipped college. He plays in a different era, however both could play in any era. They kept saying Lebron doesn't have that clutch gene...but that kind of changed this year without Kyrie. Kyrie won James a Title with a game winner, Kerr won Michael won. James never had Rodman, Michael had Pippen, James had Wade.

You can go on forever, but the fact is Michael was deadly and dangerous. Lebron is only like that in game 7s. 

If Lance Stevenson blew in Michael's ear, then he would have been punched in the face. 

They are both great. Michael was a little more sellable on the market...but Lebron is closer to him than Kobe.

Just my opinion

(05-07-2018, 05:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

I named my son after Jordan, so I'm a huge fan, and I have watched both Jordan and James. 

Jordan could have won 8 Titles if his father didn't pass away. The only team that was even close to the Bulls was the Rockets. What many people don't realize is Michael could have been a MLB outfielder because he was that talented. But back to basketball. Michael was a ball hog and he took a lot of shots. He would tell you he was going for 50 points. And he did.

James could have went in the top 5 in an NFL draft as a TE, WR, and DE, or Safety. He would be Sean Taylor on defense and Shannon Sharpe on offense. But back to basketball. Lebron has the advantage at the end because he skipped college. He plays in a different era, however both could play in any era. They kept saying Lebron doesn't have that clutch gene...but that kind of changed this year without Kyrie. Kyrie won James a Title with a game winner, Kerr won Michael won. James never had Rodman, Michael had Pippen, James had Wade.

You can go on forever, but the fact is Michael was deadly and dangerous. Lebron is only like that in game 7s. 

If Lance Stevenson blew in Michael's ear, then he would have been punched in the face. 

They are both great. Michael was a little more sellable on the market...but Lebron is closer to him than Kobe.

Just my opinion

I agree with this. My take when people talk about goats or compare greats from different generations with the intention to rank them is always the same; at this point it is just speculation formed from circumstantial opinions. Personally, i look at it like splitting hairs to find which is better. they are both the greats of there time and that is really all we can say definitively.

Happy to have had the privilege of watching both of them work.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2018, 11:47 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(05-07-2018, 05:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

Just my opinion

He could have played the Rockets in 95. Except he was beat by the Magic with Penny and Shaq.

I think Jordon is better than LeBron too. But people always pretend he didn't lose in the conference semi-finals in 95. And then try to pull the 'what ifs.' Jordon had a chance to get 7 in the 90's with the same crew he got the 6 with, he just didn't get it done. Thats reality, not a what if.

All that said, LeBrons streak of finales appearances and general playoff excellence is really unmatched in the modern age. But I still don't think he was better than Jordon, he doesn't elevate the team as much.

Well this is about as excited as I can get for NBA playoffs with the Rockets and the Warriors. I am pulling for the Rockets, but I think they are gonna lose in 6. Cavs vs Celtics will be done in 6 as well. I think the Celtics are a better team than last years version, but not good enough to beat LeBron.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2018, 02:22 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Let's say, win or lose vs the Celtics, Lebron has a good series.

I tend to think that he's built his legacy big enough that remaining loyal to Cleveland by finishing his future with the Cavs would benefit more than chasing a championship with a team like the Sixers, Rockets, other which still may not be achievable since Durant killed any hope of NBA playoff excitement by going to GS.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2018, 01:32 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(05-10-2018, 02:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Let's say, win or lose vs the Celtics, Lebron has a good series.

I tend to think that he's built his legacy big enough that remaining loyal to Cleveland by finishing his future with the Cavs would benefit more than chasing a championship with a team like the Sixers, Rockets, other which still may not be achievable since Durant killed any hope of NBA playoff excitement by going to GS.

I hope he stays at this point. It would be better for his legacy, but you just can't predict it. LeBron will not get the respect Jordon did if he keeps changing teams.

Edit: OTH, LeBron calling out other teams plays is pretty epic: https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/05/11/rep...own-plays/

(05-07-2018, 11:57 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 05:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I'm probably the biggest Jordan fan on earth, so here is my take if it matters.

Just my opinion

He could have played the Rockets in 95. Except he was beat by the Magic with Penny and Shaq.

I think Jordon is better than LeBron too. But people always pretend he didn't lose in the conference semi-finals in 95. And then try to pull the 'what ifs.' Jordon had a chance to get 7 in the 90's with the same crew he got the 6 with, he just didn't get it done. Thats reality, not a what if.

All that said, LeBrons streak of finales appearances and general playoff excellence is really unmatched in the modern age. But I still don't think he was better than Jordon, he doesn't elevate the team as much.

In 1995, Jordan didnt even pick up a basketball until 18 games left. Maybe they dont count it bc of that. 

And he couldnt win a 7th with the same crew he won 6 with heres why...

Michael's contract expires and the Bulls were not gonna give him another contract bc of his age.

Rodman was due another contract but was the same age as Jordan.

Pippen went on to play with the Rockets.

And the story run ended.

whelp, Cavs vs Golden state again. At least we got some excitement before hand. I am saying this goes 6 games, only cause the warriors don't appear to get up till they lose.

i believe the time has come to move the 3 point line back to where it was years ago. This league is borderline unwatchable now, and this is coming from a die-hard NBA fan who used to have NBA League Pass.