Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Ramsey/Green exchange in case you didn't see it

I just hope Myles Jack doesn't have to miss any time. (he'll probably just get a fine)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Ramsey was bad, then the pushing and talking would be dumb.

But it seems to be working because he is a dominate CB.

(11-07-2017, 04:01 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 03:53 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: That wasn't even a shove. The was a push. AJ soft for that if it knocked him to the ground. Jalen barely even tried.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVMCcSshJk4DCIPOZCT5y...kTEbqM6Wfw]

And you cant teach that!!
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(11-07-2017, 04:26 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: If Ramsey was bad, then the pushing and talking would be dumb.

But it seems to be working because he is a dominate CB.

Him being so good and him being such a talker go hand in hand. You can't get into somebodies head if you're simply not good. Even if you're a good trash talker, if you're always getting beat by the other guy, people are just going to laugh at your trash talk and basically just come back with the "scoreboard" response.

Ramsey flat out shuts guys down and makes them invisible during games. QBs don't throw his way and star players do not like being shut out. That alone can frustrate the best of them. Now add onto the fact that not only are you getting taken to school by Ramsey all game. He's constantly in your face, letting you know first hand just how badly you're being taken to school.

If you talk the talk, you better be able to walk the walk. Ramsey can absolutely do both and I love it. Players feed off of his kind of energy.

(11-07-2017, 03:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Two things happened Sunday that I think we'll look back on as either pivotal moments, or indicators of future success.

Ramsey gets ejected, his teammates step it up so his absence isn't noticed. Fournette is a healthy scratch, inactive for team rule violations, his teammates step it up so his absence isn't noticed.

Not only that, witness Fournette on the sideline, not pouting or standoffish, but engaged.

I have a feeling about this team, my only hesitation in voicing it is due to fear of a jinx.

I agree. 

It's either than or the warm feeling is me peeing myself......

I'm at a loss for words...but smiling.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-07-2017, 03:53 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: That wasn't even a shove. The was a push. AJ soft for that if it knocked him to the ground. Jalen barely even tried.

(11-07-2017, 04:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 09:24 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Pushing a guy is not passion that's childish and could have cost the team.
I'll take Ramseys "childish" antics all day every day.

I don't want him to change how he plays at all because he's clearly getting in WRs heads. They hate him and if the refs did their job correctly, Green would have been ejected with Ramsey staying in the game. Ramsey did exactly what he set out to do.

It was explained on a show that I was watching as to why AJ Green did what he did.  It went something like this.

There is an "unwritten rule" in the NFL that younger players show a bit of respect for seasoned veterans.  It wasn't the "jawing" that Ramsey was doing, it went deeper than that.

The play was a running play away from AJ's side of the field and he knew it.  He could have gone at Ramsey's legs (dangerous) which would have been legal but dirty, yet he let up with a slight shove.  Ramsey's push or shove towards Green while Green had his back turned was totally unnecessary, cheap and pretty downright disrespectful.

Should Ramsey have gotten a flag for that?  Certainly.  Should have he been ejected?  Not at all.

Was Green wrong to handle it the way that he did?  Certainly.  Should he have been ejected?  Absolutely.

The point is though, Ramsey needs to chill on the "cheap" shots like that.  Other receivers see that and will possibly do what AJ Green didn't do and go at his legs in a legal blocking maneuver that could possibly hurt him.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 09:47 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(11-07-2017, 09:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

(11-07-2017, 04:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I'll take Ramseys "childish" antics all day every day.

I don't want him to change how he plays at all because he's clearly getting in WRs heads. They hate him and if the refs did their job correctly, Green would have been ejected with Ramsey staying in the game. Ramsey did exactly what he set out to do.

It was explained on a show that I was watching as to why AJ Green did what he did.  It went something like this.

There is an "unwritten rule" in the NFL that younger players show a bit of respect for seasoned veterans.  It wasn't the "jawing" that Ramsey was doing, it went deeper than that.

The play was a running play away from AJ's side of the field and he knew it.  He could have gone at Ramsey's legs (dangerous) which would have been legal but dirty, yet he let up with a slight shove.  Ramsey's push or shove towards Green while Green had his back turned was totally unnecessary, cheap and pretty downright disrespectful.

Should Ramsey have gotten a flag for that?  Certainly.  Should have he been ejected?  Not at all.

Was Green wrong to handle it the way that he did?  Certainly.  Should he have been ejected?  Absolutely.

The point is though, Ramsey needs to chill on the "cheap" shots like that.  Other receivers see that and will possibly do what AJ Green didn't do and go at his legs in a legal blocking maneuver that could possibly hurt him.
All that sounds good but he didn’t say that after the game. He was talking about all that standing up for himself and showing his son an example of not backing down. Then story was he said something personal (hinted by Pacman. Rumored to be about his wife or child). Then it turned to he didn’t show me respect and I could have taken out his legs but didn’t. 

What it sound like is he is an all pro player and is use different to playing weaker slower corners. Guys who give him 10 yards. And Sunday he played a guy who was in his face, beat him up and couldn’t stop it. On top of that, Ramsey was telling him about it the whole time. He could do anything within the confines of the game to stop it so all he could do was literally just fight the guy. So trying to choke him out is his response to a player getting the best of you? Naw I think who he really is came out and now this is a say anything I can say to clean this up and see what sticks. I literally have a buddy telling me his gonna get the “scoop” from AJ’s barber lol. 

The reality is AJ pulled a punk move plain and simple. I can’t out play you so imma gonna fight you. I know we like to think these guys are just perfect but Antonio Brown has been showing his true colors these past few years. He’s a dirtbag. I wouldn’t be surprised if AJ has been this way the whole time.

(11-07-2017, 09:42 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 09:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It was explained on a show that I was watching as to why AJ Green did what he did.  It went something like this.

All that sounds good but he didn’t say that after the game. He was talking about all that standing up for himself and showing his son an example of not backing down. Then story was he said something personal (hinted by Pacman. Rumored to be about his wife or child). Then it turned to he didn’t show me respect and I could have taken out his legs but didn’t. 

What it sound like is he is an all pro player and is use different to playing weaker slower corners. Guys who give him 10 yards. And Sunday he played a guy who was in his face, beat him up and couldn’t stop it. On top of that, Ramsey was telling him about it the whole time. He could do anything within the confines of the game to stop it so all he could do was literally just fight the guy. So trying to choke him out is his response to a player getting the best of you? Naw I think who he really is came out and now this is a say anything I can say to clean this up and see what sticks. I literally have a buddy telling me his gonna get the “scoop” from AJ’s barber lol. 

The reality is AJ pulled a punk move  plain and simple. I can’t out play you so imma gonna fight you. I know we like to think these guys are just perfect but Antonio Brown has been showing his true colors these past few years. He’s a dirtbag. I wouldn’t be surprised if AJ has been this way the whole time.

Meh, I'm just posting what I saw and heard.  It seems to be the most reasonable and realistic case to me.  Regarding the part in bold, he could have aggressively blocked Ramsey by going at his legs.

As far as rumors and "hearing it from a buddy who is getting information from his barber", I don't really believe that kind of stuff.  That's what's wrong with social media.

By the way, what I posted didn't come from AJ, it came from an analyst and former player.

As far as "punk moves", both players did it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-07-2017, 10:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 09:42 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: All that sounds good but he didn’t say that after the game. He was talking about all that standing up for himself and showing his son an example of not backing down. Then story was he said something personal (hinted by Pacman. Rumored to be about his wife or child). Then it turned to he didn’t show me respect and I could have taken out his legs but didn’t. 

The reality is AJ pulled a punk move  plain and simple. I can’t out play you so imma gonna fight you. I know we like to think these guys are just perfect but Antonio Brown has been showing his true colors these past few years. He’s a dirtbag. I wouldn’t be surprised if AJ has been this way the whole time.

Meh, I'm just posting what I saw and heard.  It seems to be the most reasonable and realistic case to me.  Regarding the part in bold, he could have aggressively blocked Ramsey by going at his legs.

As far as rumors and "hearing it from a buddy who is getting information from his barber", I don't really believe that kind of stuff.  That's what's wrong with social media.

By the way, what I posted didn't come from AJ, it came from an analyst and former player.

As far as "punk moves", both players did it.
I feel you. I saw the segment with Nate B. talking about it. 

I just see guys doing this every single game. Hell every play. What made AJ take it to that level. AJ pushed Ramsey, Ramsey pushed him back and AJ start trying to choke him out. At this point in th  game he had 1 catch for 6 yards on 2 targets.

(11-07-2017, 07:26 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 03:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I agree. 

It's either than or the warm feeling is me peeing myself......

I'm at a loss for words...but smiling.

Hahahaha. I'm a lot more sarcastic than I let on but it doesn't always translate well in written word. People get their drawers in a wad and I don't feel like being argumentative so.... I do try to let it go once in awhile. Keeps people guessing. Or makes them wonder.  Cool

Green has been fined $42k for the scuffle. There's been no indication that Ramsey has been fined yet.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Steelers trolling AJ Green ! Laughing