Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is driving me nuts.

(01-07-2018, 05:41 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 03:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: This is our ceiling with Blake as QB.

If you want him back, fine but this is as far as he can take us.

Lol you people haven't had a playoff win in 14 years. Bortles is 1-0 in playoffs.....he withstands 20 mph winds in the first half and wins a playoff game and you still hate him.

I HOPE the Jags get Eli next year so they do worse than 10-6.
Lol your boy threw for less than 100 yards, at home, against the NFL’s 20th ranked passing defense. Sit down and shut up.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They can get Cousins, Smith, or trade up to get a stud QB and be a real contender

(01-07-2018, 06:11 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 06:03 PM)lastonealive Wrote: He wss just awful today. Id want a guy with potential at backup.

"Throwing to the worst set of receivers in the league with an awful line against the best pass defense is hard! Who would have guessed"  

Anyway we got the W in the end. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to aimlessly debate once it ends.

Worst set of receivers in the league?

(01-07-2018, 06:39 PM)atburg Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 06:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: "Throwing to the worst set of receivers in the league with an awful line against the best pass defense is hard! Who would have guessed"  

Anyway we got the W in the end. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to aimlessly debate once it ends.

They didn’t even have the worst set of receivers in the game

(01-07-2018, 05:41 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 03:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: This is our ceiling with Blake as QB.

If you want him back, fine but this is as far as he can take us.

Lol you people haven't had a playoff win in 14 years. Bortles is 1-0 in playoffs.....he withstands 20 mph winds in the first half and wins a playoff game and you still hate him.

I HOPE the Jags get Eli next year so they do worse than 10-6.

I don't hate him, but he was terrible throwing the ball. He was the offense today with his running ability, but don't act like he was lighting it up.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 06:50 PM by JackCity.)

(01-07-2018, 06:40 PM)JNev Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 06:39 PM)atburg Wrote: Worst set of receivers in the league?

They didn’t even have the worst set of receivers in the game

Hurns and Lee are better than anyone the Bills have. Keelan Cole too.

(01-07-2018, 06:39 PM)atburg Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 06:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: "Throwing to the worst set of receivers in the league with an awful line against the best pass defense is hard! Who would have guessed"  

Just remembered the Ravens. Yeah definitely bottom 5.

(01-07-2018, 06:15 PM)lastonealive Wrote: On Bortles. What a drive. One of the best of his career at a clutch time

His mental toughness has really impressed me this year.

We barely tried to throw a non screen and the conditions weren't great. He led the team to the one td we needed then sat on the lead and killed clock.

Why do you guys still argue with Space?

He’s a legit crazy person. Blake didn’t even crack 100 and yet Space is throwing Blame at everyone else.

Wide open Hurns and Bohannon in the flat missed badly? Nah... not Blake’s fault. Can’t be.

(01-07-2018, 06:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Why do you guys still argue with Space?

He’s a legit crazy person. Blake didn’t even crack 100 and yet Space is throwing Blame at everyone else.

Wide open Hurns and Bohannon in the flat missed badly? Nah... not Blake’s fault. Can’t be.

Its like fighting with my dog. Its fun to antagonize him to see what stupid things he will do(say). Smile

Not sure why so many fans want to bag the guy. He made some really tough plays tonight. Hes willing to lower his head to get a first.

Garrard was a flawed thrower who was similarly tough. Id never bag a qb whos willing to take hits for this team.

Gabbert captain chuck and duck on the other hand...

(01-07-2018, 06:59 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Not sure why so many fans want to bag the guy. He made some really tough plays tonight. Hes willing to lower his head to get a first.

Garrard was a flawed thrower who was similarly tough. Id never bag a qb whos willing to take hits for this team.

Yeah, Drew Brees would suck here......
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I don't think anyone here can question BLake's mental or physical toughness. He absolutely has that in SPADES. He has grit. It's great to see that, but that is a secondary trait in comparison with his throwing ability, as well as decision making.

If he were a shade more consistent, I doubt this thread would be so thick. But there's your real problem with Blake; every week, it's a coin toss as to how he's gonna do. This is typical with him. This is the third lousy week of Mr. Hyde throwing the ball. It was great that he made up for it by scrambling his [BLEEP] off, but that's not the ideal situation you want your QB in, in order to win games. There's a reason guys like Cam Newton and Michael Vick didn't (and haven't) won super bowls.

He's a good guy, and I'd certainly love to see him prove us ALL wrong next week; but my gut says this is the last few games we're seeing him lead this offense.

(01-07-2018, 06:59 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Not sure why so many fans want to bag the guy. He made some really tough plays tonight. Hes willing to lower his head to get a first.

I'm willing to be tough and lower my head, can I play quarterback and make 19 million plz?

(01-07-2018, 07:06 PM)Upper Wrote:

I'm willing to be tough and lower my head, can I play quarterback and make 19 million plz?
I bet you wouldn't.

Bortles had a 1st half that was just about as bad as any QB has ever had. Some of those missed screen throws were flat out terrible, terrible.

Luckily he came through in the 2nd half and tightened up just enough to get us over the hump. He has always been able to run like that and I don't know why they don't use his legs more honestly. They really are a weapon.

At the end of the day, he had his career worst day passing and we still won the game. That's a positive. He's absolutely going to have to be far better in the passing game next weekend though.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 07:22 PM by TearExtractor.)

(01-07-2018, 07:09 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 07:06 PM)Upper Wrote: I'm willing to be tough and lower my head, can I play quarterback and make 19 million plz?
I bet you wouldn't.

Ill play the entire game with no pads for 19 mill.

Should be enough to find and reattach any missing parts, and still have a few mill left over.

(01-07-2018, 07:21 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 07:09 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I bet you wouldn't.

Ill play the entire game with no pads for 19 mill.

Should be enough to find and reattach any missing parts, and still have a few mill left over.
Maybe, maybe not. I know I am over 5 million in cancer care to date. My chemo alone is more than $16,000 per month.  If I get the surgeries one doctor wants, tack on about 2 million.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I know yall gonna bash me on this. But all you complain about BB has never actually won the game. he has never put the team on his back and willed the team to a win. The defense was expected to keep Buff. from scoring but the offense needed to score. And besides the idiot coaching and lack of a running game and difficult passing game. Blake Bortles Threw the offense on his back and ran his way into winning this game, he willed that drive for the FG and he came out and willed the second drive in the good wind direction to score the TD. Yall can say he sucks and he cant throw but no matter how good the Defense played we would not have won this game without BB willing this offense by taking the ball in his own hands and scoring the points we needed to let the defense to hold them. Its only an opinion so bash away.

Please at least they won. So it was a win despite it being ugly. Wonder if they will send a QB in the draft to send BB a message.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

Play action on first down works for Blake and yet we still want to run.

Stop being predictable.