Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looking Back at Pre Camp Musings

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=21571

I thought there were some good discussions in the above thread that warranted revisiting.

I'm glad Church proved to upgrade Cyprien, though it seems hard for him not to have upgraded him.

Coles and later Mickens were pleasant surprise additions to WR.  I wonder what people think of the Hurns v Lee discussions now.

So far it appears Robinson is better than his Bama predecessors-which is good, and Telvin was re-signed.  Does Blair Brown become the leading candidate to replace Poz at Mike?  If so, when does that happen?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jack will be the one replacing Poz

(12-22-2017, 04:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jack will be the one replacing Poz

That was the chalk pick to replace Poz before.

But the experiment failed in training camp.  What makes you think he eventually replaces Poz in light of the failure in camp?

Do you think it was a matter of experience?

My biggest takeaway from camp itself, is that ARob was DESTROYING what turned out to be the best secondary in football. Imagine him out there right now...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-22-2017, 06:42 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: My biggest takeaway from camp itself, is that ARob was DESTROYING what turned out to be the best secondary in football. Imagine him out there right now...

It gives me that funny feeling... Like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
Signature goes here.

Nope. He was absolutely lost at midden LB. He's good where he's at. Brown will eventually play in the middle.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2017, 07:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-22-2017, 04:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

But the experiment failed in training camp.  What makes you think he eventually replaces Poz in light of the failure in camp?

Definitely experience, Jack is getting better and better.  He will be ready when Poz is gone

(12-22-2017, 07:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

Nope. He was absolutely lost at midden LB. He's good where he's at. Brown will eventually play in the middle.

Lol, says the guy who thinks Brown is the best LB on the team

Telvin has cleaned up his zone coverage. Jack has been a stud after a rough preseason game 3. Poz never declined like I thought. So nah, Brown is gonna have to stay in a backup role for now. Jack won't be in the middle though. It'll be Brown.

(12-22-2017, 06:42 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: My biggest takeaway from camp itself, is that ARob was DESTROYING what turned out to be the best secondary in football. Imagine him out there right now...

I think if we had a healthy ARob, we beat the Jets and Cards.

(12-22-2017, 07:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Telvin has cleaned up his zone coverage. Jack has been a stud after a rough preseason game 3. Poz never declined like I thought. So nah, Brown is gonna have to stay in a backup role for now. Jack won't be in the middle though. It'll be Brown.

Brown is no where near Poz at the moment, and I don't see anything from him that suggest we should put him there just yet.

(12-22-2017, 04:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Jack just turned 22 in September. I think as the game continues to slow down for him he will be able to continue to take on more responsibility. I think he is our future at MLB still.

(12-22-2017, 07:40 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 04:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: That was the chalk pick to replace Poz before.

Jack just turned 22 in September. I think as the game continues to slow down for him he will be able to continue to take on more responsibility. I think he is our future at MLB still.

Indeed.  He is still very young and inexperienced, and MLB is a mentally demanding position.

I think your all getting rid of Poz a little too soon. With the way he has played this year, I would fully expect him back next year on a 2 year deal, with the 2nd year being a team option. He'll come back cheap because at this point in his career, and with the current trajectory that this team is on, he won't want to go anywhere else.

Good read. Good to see Cam bucked the trend at LT and has been a monster success in his rookie season. Church has been a steadying influence in the secondary and has allowed Gipson to flourish. The whole defense as a whole has been pretty damn spectacular this year.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn