Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why Are Pats Fans Still Here?

I can't anymore. It's the offseason for us now. Good luck in the SB. I'll watch and hope for a great game. No controversies please, because it ruins the entertainment value (for me, dunno about you all).

But Patriots fans being here is proof that they can't even move on themselves from the AFC Championship game. And they WON!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 06:53 PM by jachba.)

(01-23-2018, 05:30 PM)Phil Swift Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 02:38 PM)NYCFan Wrote: I'm not a Pats fan.  Jets fan who came out to commiserate.  Decided just to keep my mouth shut except for a couple of comments (I think some of you are being way too hard on Bortles, e.g., and that your coaches screwed the pooch by taking a knee with a minute to go and two TO's at the end of the first half.  Looked like they didn't understand that with the Pats you have to put your foot on their throat and not take it off until the final whistle).  

Just my two cents on the officiating.  The complaints are about what I'd expect to find, the winners feel that they "got lucky" on a couple of calls (or that they were the right calls anyway).  The losing team feels they were robbed.  My Pats friends are yelling that the Lewis-Jack play wasn't even a fumble.  Someone from SI agreed with that.  Personally, I thought it was a fumble and that whether the play should have been blown dead could have gone either way; I think it should be a point of emphasis in the offseason that the officials shouldn't blow a play dead if there's any question at all and then have it resolved on the replay..  And, BTW, my Giants fans friends are still arguing with Pats fans about whether there was holding on the O-Line that gave Eli time to throw the Tyree catch play or whether Eli should have been called "in the grasp."  That was ten years ago, so I guess folks will be arguing this one ten years from now.

Anyway.  Great Season!  Go Eagles!

I have to disagree....this one won't be argued ten years from now.  This chatter from some misguided homer fans who seem to think because they beat the Bills and Steelers they were destined to win a SB and start a dynasty.....will be blown away like dust in the wind!  Some of these people think their team is "special" because they won their devastated, injury-riddled Division and can't seem to come to grips with the fact that they are just another also-ran which happened to have a decent playoff performance.  Nobody outside of the Jackson city limits will be talking about it a year from now.

They have a ways to go before they will become memorable and significant, if in fact they even build on this year and repeat some of the recent new-found success.  It's just as likely they could fade back into oblivion....not easy to build a consistent winner.   Just ask the Giants, Seattle, Denver or the Steelers!  The Jags' fans have to learn, as Jalen may have this season, that success is detmined by whay you do on the field, not what you say at a pep rally or message board.

You really are trying to bait Jags fans aren't you? As I pointed out in my most recent post, consider yourself fortunate that the moderators on this board are extending you quite a bit of latitude. There are a number of teams whose moderators would have tossed your rear end off their board by now. You are, as I am as well, a guest on this board. Common decency and manners dictate that when you visit another team's board you show some respect to their fans. While you have a right to your opinions, it is also incumbent on you to express them in a way that that is not rude or offensive. The same rule applies to myself and every other fan of a visiting team.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 07:18 PM by Phil Swift.)

(01-23-2018, 06:52 PM)jachba Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 05:30 PM)Phil Swift Wrote: I have to disagree....this one won't be argued ten years from now.  This chatter from some misguided homer fans who seem to think because they beat the Bills and Steelers they were destined to win a SB and start a dynasty.....will be blown away like dust in the wind!  Some of these people think their team is "special" because they won their devastated, injury-riddled Division and can't seem to come to grips with the fact that they are just another also-ran which happened to have a decent playoff performance.  Nobody outside of the Jackson city limits will be talking about it a year from now.

They have a ways to go before they will become memorable and significant, if in fact they even build on this year and repeat some of the recent new-found success.  It's just as likely they could fade back into oblivion....not easy to build a consistent winner.   Just ask the Giants, Seattle, Denver or the Steelers!  The Jags' fans have to learn, as Jalen may have this season, that success is detmined by whay you do on the field, not what you say at a pep rally or message board.

You really are trying to bait Jags fans aren't you? As I pointed out in my most recent post, consider yourself fortunate that the moderators on this board are extending you quite a bit of latitude. There are a number of teams whose moderators would have tossed your rear end off their board by now. You are, as I am as well, a guest on this board. Common decency and manners dictate that when you visit another team's board you show some respect to their fans. While you have a right to your opinions, it is also incumbent on you to express them in a way that that is not rude or offensive. The same rule applies to myself and every other fan of a visiting team.

And I suppose you think it isn't obvious what you are up to?   LOL.

I'm not baiting or being disrespectful to anyone.  It's just that you and a few others don't like my opinion or the fact that I don't agree with ridiculous notion that the NFL instructed the refs to go easy on NE so they could get to the SB again!

If in fact there is a shred of truth or logic to it, then please, someone, explain to us all WHEN exactly they decided that NE was so special, they simply had to help assure that the nation got to see them in the Big Game as often as possible!

Was it in 2001, when the perennial doormat, for the most part, Patriots earned their first trip?  Did the taping of an opponent from an unauthorized location in NY make somebody in the League Office sit up and say...."Hey, there's a team we should push for SB Champion this year, and while we're at it, how about we help them start a dynasty..."  I mean, it had to be a game plan from some point in time, early on no doubt, since NE won 3 out of 4 in that decade! 

As I said earlier, that's a lame concept, totally beyond all reason.

Two days later and you’re still going on and on and on.... Rolleyes
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-23-2018, 07:22 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Two days later and you’re still going on and on and on.... Rolleyes

Lol! I'm baffled. Even tack fans take off shortly after. This is eye opening lmao!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-23-2018, 05:49 PM)Phil Swift Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 12:34 PM)EastSideDawg Wrote: come back in the near future after the patriots implode and brady and bilicheck are gone and your goofy owner just traded away your key to success for the next 15 years. patriots are going to be a bottom feeder in the near future.

That's possible, I suppose.  

How 'bout you get back to me the next time the Jags beat NE and the Refs!

Hahahah, touche! Trust me, we are on the board laughing at this thread.

(01-23-2018, 07:51 PM)Boston_Prince Wrote: Hahahah, touche! Trust me, we are on the board laughing at this thread.
As the nation and world laugh at the hollow victory gifted to the cheats.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 01:10 PM by NYCFan.)

Jets fan here. Came to commiserate but have basically kept my mouth shut. I'll make one more comment and go, other than to respond to replies

There's a lot of talk about luck and refs calls. They're all part of it. Teams that win Super Bowls get a few breaks in the form of calls that go their way, balls that bounce right when they're on the ground and dumb mistakes by opponents. Until technology allows an Artificial Intelligence application to make all the calls on the field, refs calls will always be part of the game and people will have a long memory about them.

If you go back to the beginning of the SB era, the "dynasties" have all been characterized by great coaches and great QB's.

The first dynasty of the SB era was the Packers with Lombardi and Starr. Even though they "only" won two SB's, their dominance went back five years when they won three of the last five NFL Championships.
The Landry/Staubach Cowboys were the first dynasty of the SB era itself, appearing in five SB's from 1970 to 1978 (seasons), winning two.
Those Cowboys' teams coexisted with the Noll/Bradshaw Steelers, who had four SB wins and appearances from 1974 to 79.
The Shula/Griese Dolphins appeared in three straight SB's, winning two, from 71 to 73, including the great undefeated team in 72.
The Walsh-3 (Seifert-1)/Montana 49ers went to and won four SB's between 81 and 89. Seifert later won a second with Steve Young. He's the only HC to win two SB's and not be in Canton.
Gibbs won three SB's with three different QB's in four Redskins' appearances between 82 and 91. An incredible accomplishment.

The world changed in 1993, but the Aikman Cowboys still won three SB's in the span of four years between 1992 and 95, two with Johnson and one with Switzer

That was supposed to be the end of dynasties. Still, the Steelers won two between 05 and 08 with Cowher and Tomlin and Big Ben. And the Shanahan/Elway Broncos won two in a row in 97 and 98 (after three losses by Reeves/Elway beginning ten years before...A remarkable and underappreciated run by a QB!).

Then the Belichick/Brady Patriots did what they did going to the SB eight times in 17 seasons, winning five, to this point.

There were of course other very good/nearly great teams during that time. The Grant/Tarkenton Vikings, the Levy/Kelly Bills, Hank Stram's Chiefs.. The Raiders under Madden and Flores. The Giants under Bill Parcells and later Tom Coughlin.

I guess that's all a Jets' fan's way of saying that Belichick and Brady will not last forever. Personally, the only reason I want Brady to win in Minneapolis is that maybe he'll decide "Six is enough" and retire. The Pats have no credible backup for him and they're going to lose their OC and DC, so maybe even Belichick will decide to call it quits.