Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft rumors

(04-26-2018, 03:18 PM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 03:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Can someone explain to me why people mock CBs to us? didn't they just waste a bunch of cap on DJ freaking Hayden?

Kinda what I'm thinking.  I'm fine with drafting a CB, just makes no sense in the first round.

I mean, unless Denzel Ward falls and the value is just too good, I agree. A 1st round CB doesn't make sense
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Mike Hughes more than Ward so I would be fine with him. Only 3 corners I'm cool with in Round 1 are Hughes/Alexander/Ward

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 03:54 PM by pirkster.)

(04-26-2018, 03:11 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 03:04 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Unless Belichik is just mailing it in, he can’t seriously move up for Jackson. If he falls to you that’s one thing. But you can’t spend capital on a project guy. Jackson’s intriguing. But if you’re moving up it’s got to be for Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield. Not sold on anyone else.

To me it sounds like a McDaniels pick. So this makes me think Bill will be leaving by the time Jackson is ready to take over.

This makes a lot of sense, assuming Belichick isn't on board as well.

(04-26-2018, 03:23 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 03:18 PM)Markulous Wrote: Kinda what I'm thinking.  I'm fine with drafting a CB, just makes no sense in the first round.

I mean, unless Denzel Ward falls and the value is just too good, I agree. A 1st round CB doesn't make sense

Yeah, it would have to be someone who fell that you simply couldn't pass up or find a trade partner to shop him.

Otherwise, I don't see corner until later if they're just looking to add youth to nickel and much later for a backup corner.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I mean Hayden is trash so I'm fine with a CB.

(04-26-2018, 03:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I mean Hayden is trash so I'm fine with a CB.

Same here.

(04-26-2018, 03:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I mean Hayden is trash so I'm fine with a CB.

Yeah I don't want a CB either, but if the alternative is Hayden then there are like 5 CBs I want.

Obviously the Jaguars don't see it that way otherwise they wouldn't have paid him like they did.  They clearly think he can come in and play nickel just fine.

Hayden isn’t great, but I think they can find a capable slot corner after round one.

Hayden didn't allow a td last year at least. I think they'll draft a nickel corner to groom in the later rounds
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-26-2018, 06:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Hayden didn't allow a td last year at least. I think they'll draft a nickel corner to groom in the later rounds

Agreed.

He's been one of the worst CBs in football when he played slot..and has given up the most penalties over the last few years on a snap to snap basis.

Not a guy you wanna depend on. Need a starter caliber nickel in the first 4 rounds.

(04-26-2018, 03:48 AM)Achilles Wrote: Was just reading how someone leaked to the media some inappropriate/racist tweets Josh Allen made in 2012 or 2013 and he released a statement of apology.

Looks like people are trying to hit that draft stock any way they can.

While I do think if you say something, you generally need to own it and deserve what comes your way, he was probably 15/16 years old at the time and people do mature and get smarter...that was a long time ago.

Anyone think it effects his draft position?

If he falls, I think the tweets will have nothing to do with it. It will be the completion percentage that drops him. Thank God, twitter wasn't around when I was a young, dumb kid. I would hate for people to hold something against me, based on something I said when I was 16 or 17 years old. I was an idiot! I wanna punch myself for some of the stupid things I pulled back then.

If a CB gives up 200 yards in a game but gives up no TDs... is that considered a good game? Gotta look at the body of work with Hayden, and it's not good.

Denver trying to move up to 2

(04-26-2018, 07:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Denver trying to move up to 2

It would be a smart move for them to draft a QB, (unless it's Allen.)

Pretty stoked for this draft. Hopefully Jags picking late becomes a consistent theme every year.

(04-26-2018, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 07:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Denver trying to move up to 2

It would be a smart move for them to draft a QB, (unless it's Allen.)

Josh Allen to Broncos because Denver has a high Caucasian demographics

(04-26-2018, 08:02 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It would be a smart move for them to draft a QB, (unless it's Allen.)

Josh Allen to Broncos because Denver has a high Caucasian demographics

Wouldn't be surprised, Wyoming obv close to Colorado. Elway could fall in love with the local kid with the elway like arm.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

If Rosen stays on the board much longer, we could be seeing Rudolph or Jackson at the end of round one...

Seattle trying to flip Earl Thomas for Dallas second round pick
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS